Setup:

Windows 10 64bit

Radeon Crimson ReLive 16.12.1

ASUS Maximus VI Formula - BIOS 1603

i7 4770K - OC 4.5Ghz

AMD R9 Fury X 4GB HBM

Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Seasonic 1000w 80 plus Platnum

After the update I have very weird corruption during certain parts, the first splash screen is fine but the game first loads I get horrible corruption mostly in the lower half of the screen. Even when flying parts of the screen are corrupted as well specially around the enemy tanks and can randomly start over most of the screen.

I have screenshots I grabbed and a video I am uploading to you tube that shows all these issues.

After the first time I launched the game and was actually playing with the corruption on the screen I got a windows pop up "An app on your PC needs the following feature: .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 and 3.0).

Why did this come up while gaming, should the game know I need it before launching and download it? After quitting and installing the .NET Framework 3.0 the issue was still there and it didn't help at all.

.NET%20Framework3.5.jpg

2016.12.20-11.45.jpg

IL-2%20v2006_2.jpg

IL-2%20v2006_3.jpg

Thanks Guys!

• Upvote 1

Having the same issue, we are going to need to wait and see what 777 says?  

Not sure if you have seen the post below.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26562-please-read-heads-update-2006/page-12?do=findComment&comment=421528

Having the same issue, we are going to need to wait and see what 777 says?  

What are your specs? Are you also windows 10, and AMD GPU? Also what driver are you using?

Edited by astrix_au

The same problem for me

My Specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Radeon Crimson ReLive 16.12.1
AMD R9 380X 4GB

And i have this update:

"If you're using Windows 7, you must have this Microsoft update installed for the sim to function correctly in DirectX 11 mode: https://support.micr...n-us/kb/2670838"

Interesting I'm using the same driver. Thanks for your input.

Devs, I recommend you guys contact AMD. They just released a huge update and so did you guys going to DX11. Contact them and they will work with you and together you guys will fix it. 

Start with these two accounts.

https://twitter.com/AMDCare

https://twitter.com/TheMattB81Technical Support Engineer @AMDCare

You guys should have a contact at AMD either way, good luck working this out. Even freesync isn't working on the latest update but that is due to the deeper issues with new major game update and major new driver release.

Edited by astrix_au

I just tried reverting to the previous driver 16.11.4 which is the driver before the ReLive  16.12.1 driver and I'm having the same issue. Screen corruption and freesync not working.

I'm reverting back to 16.12.1 Crimson ReLive driver.

EDIT: I am going to re install the game through steam, hopefully that helps.

Edited by astrix_au

Tried reinstalling IL-2 after totally removing the IL-2 folder and it's contents. The issue is the same, reinstalling did not fix anything.

I have the same issue, and also Windows 10 and AMD gpu

My specs:

Intel Xeon Processor E3-1230V2 [8M Cache, 3.30 GHz]
MSI RADEON™ RX 480 GAMING X 8G
RAM Goodram 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz CL10

PSU: Corsair VS 650W

Motherboard: MSI Z68A-G43 LGA 1155 (G3)

SSD Samsung 850 evo pro
Operating system: Windows 10 64bit Pro

2. Please note that nVidia profile for the game is for DirectX 9, so there may be issues in full screen mode and/or while using GeForce experience utility. If you encounter graphics issues in full screen mode, please try switching ot windowed mode and/or turning off GeForce experience until this profile is updated.

I know it is for nvidia, but did you tried switching to windowed mode? I'm downloading the game again at the moment so can't check that.

Edited by =LG=Wicher

Just wanted to post here as well as in the main update thread.

I too am having a issue with "rainbow sparkles" showing up on my screen. It was funny to experience at first, especially since when I pulled the trigger I was firing rainbow colored squares at my enemies, but it grew tiresome quickly.

I guess it is an AMD issue as I am running a Radeon RX 480 (i7-4790K, ASUS Z97-A, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit). My current Radeon Software version is 16.11.5 Crimson, so version 16.12.1 does not seem to be the cause.

Windows 7 64Bit

AMD FX 8350

Sapphire R9 380x

16 GB Ram

Samsung SSD

the win7 file some posts above is installed long time ago. no terrain file or locked startup.cfg. all from the redist folder reinstalled.

older or new gfx driver didnt change anything.

nothing else descriped here works for me.

i dont think it is a amd issue itself, because no other game i play have some gfx issue. but i recommend that the developer should contact amd to work in the future for gfx updates together!

Edited by I./ZG15_dasSofa

I got the same problem

I5-3570k

ASrock z77

8gb ram

RX 480 8gb

Did reinstall of game and removed gfx driver with display driver uninstaller.
Problem persists.

Edited by Fredern

i dont think it is a amd issue itself, because no other game i play have some gfx issue. but i recommend that the developer should contact amd to work in the future for gfx updates together!

Sorry, I meant for my comment to mean that the common thread with the people having this problem appears to be that some (? most? all? I don't know.) of the players seeing "rainbow squares" have AMD video cards .

I did not mean it to seem like I thought that AMD was to blame, (since all of my other games are working just fine as well). I just meant that the issue is somehow AMD related.

Hopefully the devs will be able to sort this bug out soon.

Thank you. 

You wasted my time and ban-width with the new patch ...still the same issue with the graphics...  The really sad thing, I ordered Kuban a week before this issue...  Lost my money 

You wasted my time and ban-width with the new patch ...still the same issue with the graphics...  The really sad thing, I ordered Kuban a week before this issue...  Lost my money 

Lost your money? That is just silly. It was inevitable that there were going to be glitches after such a major update (Jason said exactly that), and to somehow think that the developers have to fix them within a day, and if they can't it means they can't be fixed at all is ridiculous.

Founder, I understand your trying to help (I really believe you are).  But the level of frustration, with the lack of feedback to why we are experiencing these issue, just creates tension.  PLEASE FIX IT, so I can get shot down again.... :P 

Relax, go outside, read a book. Things like this take time and effort to fix. The devs bring the effort, you need to give them the time.  

I am having the exact same issues.

AMD R9 Fury X

Windows 10

16.12.2 Drivers (released today 20th but issue was also on older drivers)

It's fixed for me too :)

I'm having to use borderless as Freesync isn't working in fullscreen. Gsync users where experiencing the same issue on the 2.006x updates over the last few days I could see on the forums but that is no biggie. Strangely though I have my refresh rate at 144hz which is my freesync max but in borderless mode it locks my fps at 120 which I believe is using Vsync. I Can't understand why it's locked at 120 and not 144, perhaps it's the games max supported refresh rate with Vsync.

AMD did just add support for freesync in borderless mode on the latest ReLive drivers but it doesn't seem to be running on Freesync but Vsync. 

EDIT: Turning off fullscreen changed my FPS limit to 120, just noticed that in the settings, after turning that off my FPS went way over 144 but still saw no tearing lol. So it is freesync after all I believe lol 

Edited by astrix_au