Han

Game version 2.006 discussion: DX11, Ju 52, Bf 109 G-4, Scripted Campaign, "10 Days of Autumn"

OK, why can't we play any campaign missions any more?? Did I miss something there?

Exit game and go back in and it seems to fix itself, weird problem happened to me last night but went away.

The hotfix has made the game unplayable for me.

It ran great last night.  Best it has ever been.

DL'd hotfix today and now frames are in the toilet, if it runs at all, usually screen goes black when launching a single mission then game crashes.

Oh well, I guess the safe shaders are not that.

post-12796-0-83504600-1482276816_thumb.jpg

Just flew a night, falling snow, low clouds QMB mission into Stalingrad in the Ju-52. Fantastic atmosphere, proper navigation :) Would love to see a co-op like this with prowling Yak-1's and flak zones.

• Upvote 1

It may sound a little silly ... But every time I restart the game since patch it seems to be running better ... Last 2 flights where just marvelous, while in the first 4 or 5 intents everything was screwed up, crashes, TrackIR not working, tearing and stutters. Now, nothing... Yes I know, sounds implausible....

Exit game and go back in and it seems to fix itself, weird problem happened to me last night but went away.

Thanks Harry, that did it!

After two restarts it's working as before...

Very odd.

One of the Pigs is having joystick issues, it simply doesn't work, even though all his key bindings are still there.

All particle effects are broken for me right now. Graphics card is a R9 380 OC running latest stable drivers. Otherwise I have huge performance gains! Nice work team.

Same for me here. I've got a Rardeon RX 480. It looks really weird.

Is it a game or a driver problem?

Almost everyone with AMD graphics card is getting screwed over with this update. I know it's only (hopefully) a temporary problem, but I just picked up BoS the day of the update coming from many hours in Il2: 1946. I haven't been able to experience this what seems to be a promising game. Wish I could downgrade my game version to play offline in Dx 9 in order to experience the game and what it has to offer.

:(

Hope this issue gets resolved swiftly! 

Edited by BuckG42

after the hotfix I now getting transparency issues with aliasing.

Maybe we can get the new shader back since the change to the old didn't resolve any issues. Hope the devs made a backup...??

Almost everyone with AMD graphics card is getting screwed over with this update. I know it's only (hopefully) a temporary problem, but I just picked up BoS the day of the update coming from many hours in Il2: 1946. I haven't been able to experience this what seems to be a promising game. Wish I could downgrade my game version to play offline in Dx 9 in order to experience the game and what it has to offer.

Buck, welcome to the community! You've jumped in at an exciting moment, however, its a little rough right now getting stuff working with DirectX 11 standard. Jason warned us more than a few times that it would be bumpy. The team has never let us down with these sorts of things that trust me that they will get it sorted out as quickly as possible. They are remarkable for a small team of 23 developers. They'll get it done.

I have the same particle effect problem with my r9 380. I'm running on win 7. Does the other who have the disco particle effect runs on win 7 too ?

no, win 10 here

Since your Os is Win 7 have you performed the Windows update found in the link below?

1. If you're using Windows 7, you must have this Microsoft update installed for the sim to function correctly in DirectX 11 mode: https://support.micr...n-us/kb/2670838

This is all very well if the update works.. Mine is searching for updates for hours and this is an update that is supposed to fix the update issue. This is not the developers

issue, but just as frustrating when there is no warning of it. 

Update/hot fix seems to be working OK on my Win 10/nVidia GTX 980 - game menus very low FPS and a bit choppy, but in game performance very good (approx. 120-130 FPS in simple QMB mission) - but I did spot something that looked odd to me.  I'm not sure if it's a graphics bug, historical issue, or just my erroneous assumption about what these things should look like (never saw one in person, just lots of films over the years), but as I was just flying around looking for ground targets to hit I saw what at first looked like several vehicles on fire, but the smoke was intermittent and fading out pretty quickly.  When I circled back around and tried to get a screenshot, I could only get one to happen at a time, and I figured out that apparently they were some sort of rocket launchers (presumably Katyusha, but I didn't have icons on so I'm not sure).  But here's the thing - all the films or photos I've seen of these units always seem to show vast amounts of essentially white smoke being generated, yet these units were all putting out some seriously dark/black smoke trails:

BoS%20-%20artillery%20smoke%20question%2

I never happened to see any of these before the patch, so my question is - is this really how they are supposed to look in BoS (and did they really look like that IRL), or is this perhaps some sort of graphical glitch resulting from the update?

the particle bug is still here after hotfix, win10 rx480 driver 16.12.1 (tried both single card and crossfire, same result), if you guys need any other info on my system spec just ask ;)

Edited by johnmw54

Not sure it's related to AMD boards specifically - I have an ATI Radeon HD5870 and both the original update and the 2.06b patch work great on my rig. I've also seen error reports from NVidia users on this thread. 

Maybe we can get the new shader back since the change to the old didn't resolve any issues. Hope the devs made a backup...??

+1

Thank you very much to all the development team for this latest update, all good for me, really appreciated. :cool:  :salute:

The Ju-52 is amazing love those load outs, managed the first mission of the scripted campaign and it looks great with 

the new mission stats you can see just what happens now through anything you play. ;)

I wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Pete. :biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Very nice update. The game seems to be running much more smoothly for me. I can see the ground much better when I am landing, for example. It makes it much easier...

I feel for those who have had problems with the update as my game had a problem with a previous update and wouldn't work for a while. Hang in there. It will get fixed.

Thanks devs and all the best to everyone.

So finaly I had a chance to update yesterday and gave it a whirl.

New contenet ist fabulous. Love the Ju and startet the scripted campaign which has a lot of atmosphere. :)

Also the addition of post-flight statistics is very welcome.

The only thing that wasn't as good as I expected were the FPS. The Game is running smooth under every condition, but only between 45 and 60 FPS.

I run it in windowed mode with gForce 970.

For me the update worked well. Only thing was that i had to start in windowed mode but this was explained from devs side.

The new hotfix brought me FULL SCREEN MODE back! Have to test it anyway.

All i can say is you all made a fantastic job.

Edited by Yankee_One

The hotfix has made the game unplayable for me.

It ran great last night.  Best it has ever been.

DL'd hotfix today and now frames are in the toilet, if it runs at all, usually screen goes black when launching a single mission then game crashes.

Oh well, I guess the safe shaders are not that.

For me, monday's night with patch 2006 was really nice.

Same thing for me. I've got a NVIDIA 780 with updated drivers from nvidia. After yesterday's patch (2006b) it seems vertical syncronization is not working as nice as before, and as i was flying it crashes with a black screen. very annoying. I cannot fly under this conditions with the virtual sqadron I belong to.

Kind regards,

Ala13_knightcrow

@ GTX780 prob

when I run dxdiag it says I have DX12..
(W10)

How can I find out if I have also DX11 installed?  

New contenet ist fabulous. Love the Ju and startet the scripted campaign which has a lot of atmosphere. :)

The only thing that wasn't as good as I expected were the FPS. The Game is running smooth under every condition, but only between 45 and 60 FPS.

Change your performance setting in the driver settings to "prefer maximum performance".

Privet Danil and the team,

Update went smoothly for me yesterday. Nice increase of fps on my rather old PC. Im glad I do not have to invest euros into new CPU/motherboard/RAM to run the game smoothly.Better to invest money into buying BoM for my brother as Xmas gift.

With fps limiter I have stable 60fps,only dropped once to 40 when 8 junkers started to drop 96 FJGs :)

With limiter off,I can go up to 110,which is incredible.

Looking forward to what you can do with DX11 in near future.

Panzerbar,

Thanks for Jan Gerthofer's Gelbe 6. True Slovak Air Arms spirit.I appreciate it much.

Everything seems to work fine here, no problems with an AMD 7950 Card. 

Change your performance setting in the driver settings to "prefer maximum performance".

Thanks. I will try it. Is it to be found in the nVidia control panel where you can also adjust different settings for each game?

Edit : just saw your guide in the other thread. Thanks. :)

Edited by Blooddawn1942

I will install SP1 for my Win7 64bit so I will see if I will still be gettin that "error" on BOS startup. It said I dont have Windows 7 build 7601 (I have 7600)

Hi all ! I am blown away with the Progress of this Sim. I thought WW2 Flight Sims were dead after the "Bananas".....

We, the Pilots (Customers), have been kept in the Loop with tons of REGULAR Updates !..The Devs have "Pretty Much" kept to their Timeline with all Patches !

EVERY patch has been an Improvement on the Last Version (Don't Mention FW). They cant give us the "Perfection" some of us want !

BUT, INMHO, there is NOT another WW2 Sim that is Giving Us Pilots "The Whole Package", for us to Experience Flying a WW2 Aircraft.....

And its getting Better with each Patch.

Well Done Jason and 1CGS Team !

~S~

Edited by jaydee
  • Upvote 1

I also got stutters and low frames back after 2.006b.

I also got stutters and low frames back after 2.006b.

Had only up to 60 fps as well, turning off vsync did the trick. Also, there is no tearing of the image because of 150 fps I got!

I have the same graphics card...

Edited by StG2_Manfred

We have the Bf 109G2-4 ! Thanks developers ! Merry Christmas !

Edited by RAY-EU

Hmmmm.....None of my BoM or BoS campaigns are available anymore.  It says "Theater or war unavailable".  Then says below it "Proceed to purchase...." listing whichever campaign I'd selected, either BoM, or BoS.

The scripted campaign works fine.

Hmmmm.....None of my BoM or BoS campaigns are available anymore. It says "Theater or war unavailable". Then says below it "Proceed to purchase...." listing whichever campaign I'd selected, either BoM, or BoS.

The scripted campaign works fine.

Other people said that restarting the game solved the issue for them. Try that first.