Han

Game version 2.006 discussion: DX11, Ju 52, Bf 109 G-4, Scripted Campaign, "10 Days of Autumn"

Had only up to 60 fps as well, turning off vsync did the trick. Also, there is no tearing of the image because of 150 fps I got!

I have the same graphics card...

I will check this and also Mmarudas suggestion.

Other people said that restarting the game solved the issue for them. Try that first.

The first restart did nothing, but the 2nd 20 minutes later seemed to be the trick!  

thanks!

I also have the same problems with the glittering particles with my ATI rx480. Unfortunately very sad, I hope the problem will be found soon.

A very great update, a compliment to the developers!

I'm downloading the hotfix, but the speed is hovering around 0.79kbs.  Is it okay to quit halfway through an update and resume later?

I'm downloading the hotfix, but the speed is hovering around 0.79kbs. Is it okay to quit halfway through an update and resume later?

I did that 3 times and suddenly it worked. It always goes that slow in the last 20mb. Try to set the launcher to not prefer web download. Edited by 216th_Jordan

Awesome update! But I have a couple questions. 

1. I cannot access the previous campaign missions - is that some kind of bug or intentional?

2. How does one extend the flaps for the Ju52? I understand you put the stabiliser to +1 degree then link it with the flaps, then lower the stabilisers to lower the flaps. But how do you know what degrees the stabiliser is at when its measured in % in game? Also, at a few stabiliser locations I've tried it on, after linking the flaps with the stabiliser I cannot move the stabiliser anymore. Could someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

I will install SP1 for my Win7 64bit so I will see if I will still be gettin that "error" on BOS startup. It said I dont have Windows 7 build 7601 (I have 7600)

Is Win 7 not already on SP2 just a thought, maybe you are already on SP1

Cheers Dakpilot

I did that 3 times and suddenly it worked. It always goes that slow in the last 20mb. Try to set the launcher to not prefer web download.

Good advice.  Just to be clear, does ticking the box turn off P2P or is it the other way round?

A few weeks ago I reinstalled windows 7, I had the ' never updates ' problem. The solution was:

Turn off automatic updates

Get a specific update which updates windows updater itself direct from Microsoft and install this manually, with firewall and anti virus off. I can't remember the kb number but will check my download history when I can (won't be till late tomorrow though). If you web search for ' windows 7 updates takes ages' or ' windows7 does not update' you should find links in the results.

Once this has been installed (leave for 15 mins) Search for windows updates using the button in control panel/system/updates or whatever it is.

Sometimes the updates fail but will complete when they try again. Also the single update to update windows updater apparently needs leaving for 15 mins after it looks to have completed.

Check the installed updates list to see that any that failed did eventually install. Although there was one for me which didn't install but the message and a check on the web suggested it wasn't required because another update superceded it.

You can turn auto updates back on and it will keep adding updates if needed. The main thing is the ' checking for updates' should complete quickly.

Hope this helps.

In task manager do you have a svchost process using a host of processor/ memory? I had this when I didn't realise win 7 updater was causing probs.

I already had the update installed but my windows update wasn't working properly either. I made the reset for it twice with no different result.

Got to try the patch out before I left for the holidays. Super smooth on the ground even. Can't wait for VR!

Merry Christmas everyone!

And an extra merry Christmas to the developers! No coal in your stockings this year for sure! Great work.

• Upvote 1

Did't get chance to download yesterday's update, so looking forward to sorting it tonight.

Thanks to the developers for their work in making this the definative WW2 flight sim, which only gets better with age.

Now we have a JU52, could this lead the way to a four engined bomber?

Thank you for this beautiful update 

The year 2017 will surely be a good year for the franchise IL2

Although I feel for the people who have technical issues with the patch, I can just call it a 100% success in my book. The performance issues have always been my biggest gripe with this sim since it came out. That issue is 100% solved now, at least for me. Stellar job, devs, those few issues that have arisen will certainly be dealt with in due time.

Enjoy a well-deserved christmas holiday and don't blow yourselves up on New Year's Eve, there are still games for your to make. And don't call me paranoid, I have seen those Russian firecrackers on Youtube. ^^

Does Win 10 and DX12 also get the fps bump? Cause I really didn't notice anything spectacular yet it can be just my old GPU (GTX 850m). 

what about VR ((( please give me my Basic Support for VR back

This wa not promised in this patch, but clearly they work to make this happened. One of the many positive sides to DX 11 compatibility  

GTX 780, Win 10, DX12

when the game is crashing I get this error message:

faLxAV5.png

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Not everyone will experience two times performance. Not everything will be butter smooth. FPS still fluctuates and it's still easy to overload a scene and crush performance. Your expectations and your attempt to put us in a box will not work. Everyone's experience will be different. In most cases, assuming you have a system that can take advantage of DX11 you should see noticible improvement in FPS. As I said above there is going to be growing pains and no two systems will perform the same.

Jason

Jason, many thanks that you had the time to write me back! :salute:

Like a startling sign I'm becoming even more than I expected! The performance improved even beyond my own expectations what is impressive even more than this I could increase it even further. Even 1000 words can't express how amazing everything looks for me the new volumetric particle effects are really amazing, everything is damn sharp, everything looks much more bigger!!! Everything is perfect and done with perfection! I love it how this job was done just everything & more :):thank_you:

Edited by Superghostboy

GTX 780, Win 10, DX12

faLxAV5.png

Reboot Steam version or PC?

Jason, many thanks that you had the time to write me back! :salute:

Like a startling sign I'm becoming even more than I expected! The performance improved even beyond my own expectations what is impressive even more than this I could increase it even further. Even 1000 words can't express how amazing everything looks for me the new volumetric particle effects are really amazing, everything is damn sharp, everything looks much more bigger!!! Everything is perfect and done with perfection! I love it how this job was done just everything & more :):thank_you:

who is this guy and what have you done with SuperGhostBoy?

• Upvote 1

Had only up to 60 fps as well, turning off vsync did the trick. Also, there is no tearing of the image because of 150 fps I got!

I have the same graphics card...

When fps are not in sync with monitor refresh rate there are always be tearing - look at 109 cocpit frames and in same time try moving view as fast as posible with trackir.

1. It was tested before posting. Unfortunately, not every bug or issue is going to be found during testing. 
  2. Jesus doesn't have anything to do with the patch.

lol priceless, As a developer myself, I can relate... :-) teething pains.. just like putting a brand new plane into production...

ps. bug report: latest patch has disabled my campaigns...

Edited by Tailwheelbrownbear

GTX 780, Win 10, DX12

faLxAV5.png

Had also this issue when playing yesterday (still having CTDs but I can't seem to find the dump log). Happened both on Steam and Non-Steam versions

GTX 780, Win 10, DX12

faLxAV5.png

I get exactly the same error message when the sim crashes in campaign mode.  PC reboot helps sometimes but out of 3missions, 2 missions crashed. I also have a GTX780, WIN10 (wich includes DX12 and DX11.4 in the latest Win-update). Will send a ticket to 1C/777 technical support and see.

• Upvote 1

I noticed odd behavior, when i run the game first time (after pc restart) and game is in windowed mode (fullscreen = 0) game runs at menus and in flight at 24 fps no more. I can relunch game and it's is the same. When i change to fullscreen everyting is ok but g-sync is not working (i have more fps that refresh rate and can see frames tearing). However when i choose windowed mode this time after fullscreen mode, game runs fine and fps are governed  by g-sync - how it should be doing. 

I have geforce experience installed and GTX 1070 , win 10.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Graphics errors are not gone.My R9 Fury 4GB has with no game such problem as with

IL2 BoS.Arma 3 runs & with all DLC

WT is runningIl2 CoD is running.

Il2 1946. runs.DCS is running.

DCS World

WWII Online

All drivers tested Crimson v16.9.1 to v16.12.2

Error is from the AMD R9 380 RX480RX 460 to Fury, old GPU run with the patch with it

A proposal to the Dev.As a beta tester, people with new GPUs should also always be involved.

AGAIN, IT IS NOT THE DRIVER, IT'S THE GAME!

Sad, for the christmas me can do with the patch nothing

Edited by 7./SchG.2*SirAthlon

Graphics errors are not gone.My R9 Fury 4GB has with no game such problem as with

IL2 BoS.Arma 3 runs & with all DLC

WT is runningIl2 CoD is running.

Il2 1946. runs.DCS is running.

DCS World

WWII Online

All drivers tested Crimson v16.9.1 to v16.12.2

Error is from the AMD R9 380 RX480RX 460 to Fury, old GPU run with the patch with it

A proposal to the Dev.As a beta tester, people with new GPUs should also always be involved.

AGAIN, IT IS NOT THE DRIVER, IT'S THE GAME!

Sad, for the christmas you can do with the patch nothing

Chill out man, they gave plenty of warning that there would be bugs in this release.

It's not the end of the world.

Lots of things to like about this update (assuming you don't suffer from some of the bugs), but unfortunately the "bubble of blur" problem didn't seem to get any better with DX11 (maybe even got a little worse - there's now a pretty pronounced white line along the edge of the bubble, at least on the winter map - see below):

BoS%20-%20bubble%20of%20blur%202.006b.jp

Installed it but I get the message a new version is available and it won't let me in.

My glitter is gone though.

Edited by BorysVorobyov

But how do you know what degrees the stabiliser is at when its measured in % in game?

The angle of the flaps and the stabilizer can be seen on the lower left-hand side of the cockpit.

How does one extend the flaps for the Ju52?

Flaps Down to link them with the movement of the stabilizer, Flaps Up to unlink them. 

Edited by LukeFF

I have the 2.06b is this the last  patch installed?!

If yes I am personaly very happy!

I tried the BF109g4 a heavy but nice plane.

The fps on my pc with a gfx970 if 60 and very stable, great.

And last but not least, I do not know if it is me or the game that is better but the La5 is easy now  to take of and land in any configuration (weather and load of plane), thank!

IL2 rocks an get better with every patch.

And I almost forgot the added step at the end of the mission that let you see you mission route, a fine addition, thanks. :salute:  

I did recieve the last patch and my game version is now 2.06c....

Edited by senseispcc

Lots of things to like about this update (assuming you don't suffer from some of the bugs), but unfortunately the "bubble of blur" problem didn't seem to get any better with DX11 (maybe even got a little worse - there's now a pretty pronounced white line along the edge of the bubble, at least on the winter map - see below):

BoS%20-%20bubble%20of%20blur%202.006b.jp

Have you tried the terrain.ini trick?

It really improves the bubble effect.

Sry no link, im on my phone but do a search on the forum.