Han

Game version 2.006 discussion: DX11, Ju 52, Bf 109 G-4, Scripted Campaign, "10 Days of Autumn"

Latest Patch fixed my issue with pixelating, great job and great simulation looks like I'm buying BOM and BOK to help keep you guys going!

I7 6700K

Corsair LPX 3200

MSI Z170A M5

Sapphire RX480 8G

From the russian forum about 2.006c...

version 2.006c

Dear users!

Twenty-four hours of hard work and trips to shopping for distressed graphics cards to bear fruit.

Firstly, we were able to reproduce the problem "color Particle effects" and to understand its cause. It turns out that today the Radeon have problems 
when using indirect addressing in shader model. And earlier models Radeon and NVidia graphics cards all such problems have not. Accordingly, we have 
applied a different, somewhat less than optimal, method of addressing and now the issue is resolved. At the same time there was a problem, "a translucent
 strip in a hangar on the left side of the screen", which is obviously also a problem with the Radeon some methods shader model, but because is no difficulty 
in the game does not create, we have decided not to "flog a fever," and deal with it after the holidays.

Second, despite the fact that we could not find in the sale of a graphics card NVidia 780 and bought urgently b / y card was not working, tight communication
 with some users having problems with applications falling and the video card driver after a few minutes of the game It brought us a possible solution. By all
 indications, this problem is a problem of the graphics card, most likely lies in the inconsistency of energy subsystem (not to be confused with the 
power supply capacity) video card NVidia 780 and its frequency, because of which when leaving the graphics card at maximum efficiency of the instruction 
does not manage to run correctly. There was the problem because of the conducted optimizations when switching to DirectX 11, because the higher the 
performance of the graphics in the game at the same complexity of the graphics, the higher the efficiency of the graphics card and the more tense it work, 
and is not directly associated with the video download option and its temperature. Accordingly, the decision on the side of the game, but to disable 
optimizations performed, and return to the performance version of the 2.005 level, probably not, because the problem in one particular device model a
nd malfunction.
It should also be noted that the argument "in other games there is no such" is not entirely correct, because Most modern games do not have any such 
multifaceted rendering system, not associated with vast spaces, or use the purchased graphics engines, under which manufacturers of video cards in 
detail debug and test their products. But our projects classmates, including competitors, have similar difficulties in this model video card. And the 
solution method in these projects have been proposed by the same, that we offer to those of our customers who are faced with this problem on the 
graphics card NVidia 780 :
- Using thin video management utility (such as MSI Afterburner) lower the maximum frequency of the video on 100-150 MHz.

So, this update includes the following changes:

1. Fixed the problem of "color Particle" on some models Radeon graphics cards;
2. Fixed the problem of AI aircraft and autopilot when performing the second (for the mission) take-off and landing of the second, when it was performed 
at the incorrect taxi.

Dear Pilots,

A day of hard work and buying videocards in stores brought some results.

First off, we managed to reproduce the 'rainbow particles' problem and find out its cause. It turns out that newer Radeon cards or its drivers have problems handling indirect addressing in shader code, while older Radeon cards and all GeForce ones don't have such problem. We used a different, a bit slower addressing method and the problem should be gone now. The 'ghost stripe in the hangar on the left' issue remains and also seems to be isolated to a wider range of Radeon cards. This isn't a game breaking bug so we decided to slow down a bit and find out its cause after the holidays.

Second, we haven't succeeded in buying a working GeForce 780 (the used one we hastily bought turned out to be broken) but we contacted several owners of such cards who encountered the driver crash problem after several minutes of playing and found a possible workaround. It looks like this is a videocard problem, most likely caused by videocard power subsystem (not neccessary PC power supply unit itself) of 780 series card not being stable enough for GPU frequency when close to the limit, resulting in some instructions being processed incorrectly. This issue appeared as a direct result of DirectX 11 implementation and optimizations - your graphics card is working with much more efficiency (it is not about GPU load and temperature). There is no apparent solution on the game side short of removing the optimizations and returning to 2.005 version performance since the problem is caused by incorrect work of a certain graphics card model.

You may say that the card works fine in other games, but this is not really relevant since most modern games don't use such vary renderers capable of drawing giant landscapes or use popular licensed engines which have optimizations in graphics drivers and hardware made specially for them. Sims similar to ours have similar problems, sometimes with the same card models (NVidia 780)and a similar advice is given on their forums as we do:
Variant A: Try to lower the maximum GPU clock of your card by 100-150 MHz.
Variant B: Uninstall completely all NVidia software and drivers (using Control Panel, Programs and Features), install NVidia driver version 368.81:
Windows 10 64-bit:
Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit:

So, this update fixes the following:

1. 'Rainbow colored particles' issue fixed on some Radeon models;
2. AI now handles more than one take-off and landing in a mission correctly (previously it could perform taxiing in a wrong way).

2006c.jpg
  • Upvote 7

When fps are not in sync with monitor refresh rate there are always be tearing - look at 109 cocpit frames and in same time try moving view as fast as posible with trackir.

I know why tearing is caused Tomcat, that's why I was mentioning it. And to be more specific if, for example, your graphics card would render with constant 120 fps and your monitor runs with 60 Hz then there would be no tearing, even if Vsync is turned off. Anyway, if he wants to have more frames and he doesn't use something like Gsync/Freesync or adaptive Vsync then he needs to switch Vsync off. And on my system I do not see tearing no matter how fast I turn my head. Maybe it's there but at least I do not recognise it.

Edit: Just tested some more settings. When Vsync is turned off and I use Window mode there is no tearing for me. When I use Fullscreen Mode it's clearly there.

Nope, didn't work. Lowered my GPU clock to -120 on MSI afterburner and still having crashes 5 minutes in. Doesn't seem to be driver related, or at least it doesn't show as driver crashes, just issues with the game.

• Upvote 1

Thank you gentlemen for the fix, great work.  you certainly earned a break.  Be safe and enjoy being with your families.

A day of hard work and buying videocards in stores brought some results.

Hey Han now that you have a bunch of extra GPUs which I guess have no longer use, wouldn't you mind to send one here? (anything better than my current GT 630 will do) :P

Edited by SuperEtendard

I know why tearing is caused Tomcat, that's why I was mentioning it. And to be more specific if, for example, your graphics card would render with constant 120 fps and your monitor runs with 60 Hz then there would be no tearing, even if Vsync is turned off. Anyway, if he wants to have more frames and he doesn't use something like Gsync/Freesync or adaptive Vsync then he needs to switch Vsync off. And on my system I do not see tearing no matter how fast I turn my head. Maybe it's there but at least I do not recognise it.

Edit: Just tested some more settings. When Vsync is turned off and I use Window mode there is no tearing for me. When I use Fullscreen Mode it's clearly there.

When in windowed mode the built in Vsync of window OS will be in effect, in fullscreen you need to turn on game or driver Vsync

Cheers Dakpilot

Good work!

I'm at work now, but excited to get home and go for a spin. Hopefully the end of the fabulous glitter planes (and trains and automobiles). 

Glad i ditched the 780s over a year ago.

Also happy to see that the issue was solved so quickly although a little sad the solution relied on a slower process. C'mon AMD!

Nope, didn't work. Lowered my GPU clock to -120 on MSI afterburner and still having crashes 5 minutes in. Doesn't seem to be driver related, or at least it doesn't show as driver crashes, just issues with the game.

Mr Teflon, I had issues when I overclocked my cpu beyond its stock limits after several minutes, not immediately. What you describe may not be graphics related. Basically, for me it was losing data between ram and cpu at some point.

Mr Teflon, I had issues when I overclocked my cpu beyond its stock limits after several minutes, not immediately. What you describe may not be graphics related. Basically, for me it was losing data between ram and cpu at some point.

There's nothing overclocked :(

Updated to 2006c and now campaigns for BOS and BOM are locked.  I have previously finished all of BOS and most of BOM.  Any ideas?

Updated to 2006c and now campaigns for BOS and BOM are locked.  I have previously finished all of BOS and most of BOM.  Any ideas?

I've heard a couple people get campaigns back after restarting the game

Hey Han now that you have a bunch of extra GPUs which I guess have no longer use, wouldn't you mind to send one here? (anything better than my current GT 630 will do) :P

I swap you my 660 for your 630 plus £1000! ;)

Cheers.

Second, we haven't succeeded in buying a working GeForce 780 (the used one we hastily bought turned out to be broken) but we contacted several owners of such cards who encountered the driver crash problem after several minutes of playing and found a possible workaround. It looks like this is a videocard problem, most likely caused by videocard power subsystem (not neccessary PC power supply unit itself) of 780 series card not being stable enough for GPU frequency when close to the limit, resulting in some instructions being processed incorrectly. This issue appeared as a direct result of DirectX 11 implementation and optimizations - your graphics card is working with much more efficiency (it is not about GPU load and temperature). There is no apparent solution on the game side short of removing the optimizations and returning to 2.005 version performance since the problem is caused by incorrect work of a certain graphics card model.

You may say that the card works fine in other games, but this is not really relevant since most modern games don't use such vary renderers capable of drawing giant landscapes or use popular licensed engines which have optimizations in graphics drivers and hardware made specially for them. Sims similar to ours have similar problems, sometimes with the same card models and a similar advice is given on their forums as we do:

- If you have driver crash problem, try to lower the maximum GPU clock of your card by 100-150 MHz.

Lowering the clock of my GTX 780 hasn't helped.

So, shall I buy a new/different graphics card for a few hundred Eur to be able to run BoS  (again) or are you able to give me a DX9 version which worked OK for me.

Because now I cannot play the game I have paid for.

Pls. try to find some solution b/c I love the game as you can see - I have bought everything available until now.

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Well my game still won't start. Just goes to desktop with no mouse or keyboard operation until I use the task manager to shut down the game that is in theory working.

Do you think I should install win10 or is my graphics card to old for DX11 and the game update?

System spec.

Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.7GHz 3.06 GHz

Card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750

Win 7 Professional SP1 (with up to date update)

Did you change the "checkEntities" to "checkPlanes" as described?

:( I would, if I could. As I said:

[...] deleting the .msnbin file and then opening the mission in editor isn't working. "Can't load mission file" keeps popping up. Choosing the "resaving all missions in folder" option in ME only produces errors ( I chose this for a test ).

Thanks anyway.  :salute: 

Edited by SK_Bearkiller72

The patch is broken and the subsequent patch put out today....Jesus TEST IT before posting.

Very odd. Dozens and dozens of other have been able to completely patch the game. Perhaps the problem lies somewhere on 'your' end.

Tante Ju Campain:

Very immersive, great job!

However here are my suggestions:

-It needs an option to fly in daylight as it is more agreeable for some pilot to fly in the daylight.

-It needs a reward with experience points and even more If you take the classic cargo loadout, because we have to land.

post-467-0-31014400-1482344777_thumb.jpg

post-467-0-12852600-1482348161_thumb.jpg

-We need to have 3 missions types instead of 2 because Tante Ju has 3 possible loadout. Each time I want to fly the cargo, I have to try and try again so it is not practical.

post-467-0-71854000-1482344765_thumb.jpg

Also, We need a "Support Points" in Multiplayer so the Transport Pilot are rewarded because right now they are NOT rewarded.

They are participate too! maybe an additional column in multiplayer statistics

post-467-0-83098400-1482348378_thumb.jpg

:( I would, if I could. As I said:

Thanks anyway.  :salute:

Open your mission files with a text editor and replace all "CheckEntities" with "CheckPlanes". Then save the file, then open with the mission editor.

Should work that way.

Well my game still won't start. Just goes to desktop with no mouse or keyboard operation until I use the task manager to shut down the game that is in theory working.

Do you think I should install win10 or is my graphics card to old for DX11 and the game update?

System spec.

Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.7GHz 3.06 GHz

Card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750

Win 7 Professional SP1 (with up to date update)

I've got that card with Win10 and works fine for me:

GTX 750 Ti (with latest drivers)

MSI Computer Corp. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Gaming OC 2GB GDDR5 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card N750TI TF 2GD5/OC https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I6DLIB8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

, Win10, i5-3450, 16gig RAM.

Mines still the same,

Got the 780 Ti, set it to default and

lowered the clock speeds (memory as well) below stock, 20mz at a time until EVGA Precision X no longer registered the card,

But still it crashes about 5 mins in and resets the driver. (ive been trying this for 6 hours, even had the day off work!)

Like ST_ami7b5, i've brought everything on pre-order, or when it has become available,

I know the Devs will try their best, but i do hope this isn't a "you'll just have to suck it up!" as  i can no longer play the game......

These mean nothing to me, but maybe it can point someone in the right direction to help solve this issue.

Each time it CTD i get a different one, i've had dozens, but they are all more or less along the same line.

Edited by JG5_Schuck

Very odd. Dozens and dozens of other have been able to completely patch the game. Perhaps the problem lies somewhere on 'your' end.

No its thousands and thousands.

Jason.

GTX 780 here... same issue.  Tried every recommendation with the same result...  the game is unplayable.  I've been planning to get the GTX 1080ti when it becomes available, but it probably won't be available at a normal price for a few months.  I refuse to buy a new card before then, so I guess I'm out of luck with this game for a few months.  Sad :(

I upgraded from a GTX 780 4GB to a 1080.

This means I have a unneeded 780 which I could send over to the devs if it will help fix the issue for the issues running on the 780.

@Jason or Han etc Feel free to PM me ...

• Upvote 2

I upgraded from a GTX 780 4GB to a 1080.

This means I have a unneeded 780 which I could send over to the devs if it will help fix the issue for the issues running on the 780.

@Jason or Han etc Feel free to PM me ...

If you are in the States you can send to me.

Jason

Arrrghh - all the earlier 2.006 updates/hotifxes worked fine for me, but I just updated to the latest hotfix (2.006c) and now I'm getting this error when trying to start the game:

BoS%20-%202.006c%20error%20message1.jpg

[EDIT] = well, restarting the game seemed to make that error go away - fired up and flew just fine the second time around.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

Much thanks to Jason and the Dev's for their dedication to this game and to this genre.  Despite the fact that I can't currently play this game, I'm still really excited overall for the future.

S!

First of all great update! Thank you!

And now criticism, because come on, you love it ;)

Did trials on the Ju-52 paratroopers and DServer logging:

We get "AType:18" line for every paratrooper dropped, but we lack in some aspects:

- The "PARENTID" on the AType:18 line doesn't seem to point to any other ID in the logs (ie. the plane that dropped them).

- No entry on paratrooper hitting the ground. -> Need to use Complex triggers which are extremely taxing on the server, so it would be best not to have to use them (since we read everything else from the logs anyways).

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1

Open your mission files with a text editor and replace all "CheckEntities" with "CheckPlanes". Then save the file, then open with the mission editor.

Should work that way.

Yup. Just found it out myself. ;) 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26660-error-reading-mission-file-after-update-already-deleted-msbi/?hl=%2Berror+%2Breading+%2Bmission+%2Bfile&do=findComment&comment=422595

Anyways thanks for your support! :salute:

Should work that way.

Yup. Just found it out myself. ;) 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26660-error-reading-mission-file-after-update-already-deleted-msbi/?hl=%2Berror+%2Breading+%2Bmission+%2Bfile&do=findComment&comment=422595

Anyways thanks for your support! :salute:

I have an MSI 780 - guess I'd better test.

If I'm not having an issue, is that of interest to anyone?

So far I've just been testing some ground handling/AI taxi and take-off in some new missions, not prolonged flying.

But no crashes so far.

If it's of interest or benefit that I fly for a while and test for a crash then I will.

The mere possibility has me wanting to spend some of my slush fund on a 1080 though...