BlackSix

Official Historical Campaign "Ten Days of Autumn"

Just now, Space_Ghost said:

That doesn't make any sense...

Oh really...

Just now, Wolf8312 said:

Oh really...

A scripted campaign isn't a campaign generator...

If you want to play a linear campaign as DiD, than impose that restriction on yourself and start again at mission one.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

A scripted campaign isn't a campaign generator...

If you want to play a linear campaign as DiD, than impose that restriction on yourself and start again at mission one.

Now I dont really understand...

People could make the same argument for not needing iron man in the main campaign couldnt they?

The problem is I would never do it, as iron man forces me to actually go back and start again and the fact is without it I never would. May sound silly but its just the way it is, though I dont quite understand why my wanting to play scripted campaigns using iron man, is any different to wanting it on the main campaign. For me Iron man is great because it adds tension and excitement to the missions, and makes the pilots life more valuable. Some of the scripted campaigns are a little easy so I feel iron man would spice them up a bit....

Scripted campaigns being shorter than the main campaign I would argue are even more suitable for an iron man mode than the campaign, but hey it's just one mans humble opinion!

Edited by Wolf8312

33 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

You seem a little confused.

Well please by all means explain!

I simply wanted to know if scripted campaigns like the mid autumn one, could be tweaked to include an iron man mode. So I am confused as I really dont understand why you obviously seem to have a problem with that?

It's not like I was demanding it, or even claiming it was even feasible to include such an option using the mission editor (cause I dont know). I was simply asking!

Edited by Wolf8312

1 hour ago, Wolf8312 said:

-snip-

So I am confused as I really dont understand why you obviously seem to have a problem with that?

-snip-

I can reiterate...

1 hour ago, Space_Ghost said:

That doesn't make any sense...

When flying a career with iron man and failing to survive, the career is over. You can start another career in the same timeframe with the same squadron but you're no longer flying the same career. You're not the same pilot flying the same set of linear missions. You're a different pilot starting his own career.

In a series of scripted missions, when you fail to survive you refly the mission. Your career hasn't ended. You're still flying either the same mission or the same set of missions. The campaign is linear - you could always self-impose the restriction to start back at mission one which completely eliminates the need for a redundant feature like adding "Start back at Mission One" in a linear scripted campaign.

I just don't see the "value added" in adding iron man to a set of linear missions where there is no logical/narrative context for it to be there and what you're asking can be self-imposed through your own playstyle.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Space_Ghost said:

I can reiterate...

When flying a career with iron man and failing to survive, the career is over. You can start another career in the same timeframe with the same squadron but you're no longer flying the same career. You're not the same pilot flying the same set of linear missions. You're a different pilot starting his own career.

In a series of scripted missions, when you fail to survive you refly the mission. Your career hasn't ended. You're still flying either the same mission or the same set of missions. The campaign is linear - you could always self-impose the restriction to start back at mission one which completely eliminates the need for a redundant feature like adding "Start back at Mission One" in a linear scripted campaign.

I just don't see the "value added" in adding iron man to a set of linear missions where there is no logical/narrative context for it to be there and what you're asking can be self-imposed through your own playstyle.

Well you’re welcome to your opinion.

Iron man for me isn’t about the RPG elements of getting immersed in a players career as to be honest in VR I don’t pay too much attention to the biographical information. For me iron man is just something that gives me no choice but to start again, in the same way games used to limit the number of lives a player was given. It adds value to my life because I know I have only one and therefore fly more carefully and realistically in a way I won’t if I know my lives are unlimited. 

Again just personal preference and opinion that may seem a little strange but I really do dislike playing games on default god mode.

Edited by Wolf8312

Hey when you add this campaign in steam store? It will be great for people with credit in steam wallet, i wanted to buy it but unfortunately i don't find it in steam store. Cheers

Update: i just bought this campaign via paypal. 

Is this campaign compatible with v3009 or i have to re-save this missions with bos editor? Thanks

Edited by Geoweb35
Update

I think you should be ok.  I finished the campaign about 2 weeks ago and started the companion or continuation campaign by Black Six "Fortress on the Volga".  Both are well worth it.:salute:

On 1/2/2019 at 10:57 AM, Geoweb35 said:

Hey when you add this campaign in steam store? It will be great for people with credit in steam wallet, i wanted to buy it but unfortunately i don't find it in steam store. Cheers

Update: i just bought this campaign via paypal. 

Is this campaign compatible with v3009 or i have to re-save this missions with bos editor? Thanks

I'm not sure it will be available on Steam as it would be a DLC for DLC

All official campaigns always are compatible with current version of the game, you don't need to care about it

On 1/3/2019 at 11:04 AM, BlackSix said:

I'm not sure it will be available on Steam as it would be a DLC for DLC

That's not a problem for Valve, DCS has several campaigns on Steam that require an specific plane.

They just put in bold in the description the dependency ...

Edited by =SFF=cercataa

I know I'm late to the party but I just finished this campaign for the first time. Really good and atmospheric. It was the first thing I tried in VR and the first mission set the scene in an impressive way!

I was expecting to get bounced during the last bugout mission...

• Like 1

I enjoyed this one as a first-ever campaign, survived with a few emergency landings and ace status with 8 planes. Some very atmospheric missions, including the last ones. Kudos!

• Thanks 1

We agree that "Fortress on the Volga" is not available in French ?

Edited by No_Face

Unfortunately the campaign has been translated into English, German and Spanish only. The translation into German and Spanish was made by members of our community.

Translation in French  could be made by me if you want so

7 hours ago, DN308 said:

Translation in French  could be made by me if you want so

Thanks, please write to @Jason_Williams because only he has to decide such question.

Message sent. Waiting process in 

• Thanks 1

@BlackSix, could you try to contact Jason by yourself? 

My message has not even been open yet.

Thank you very much for the continued updates, really appreciated.:drinks:

These campaigns of yours can be played over and over and they seem different each time.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

after completing Fortress on the Volga campaign, and trying the F2 in QMB, in one mission and some MP, I bought this SC.

Lets see how it goes!

Edit: whoa, that first mission was cool. The horrible weather, the Volga at my side and the tracers of ground troops at my left, plus the fact that I was as nervous as the virtual pilot about the low fuel (read his diary and I could feel the nervousness lol). Mission duration: 9mins and 52 secs. I guess I almost lose... Great so far!

Edited by ME-BFMasserME262

Hi!

I've been enjoying the campaign so far. However I recently noticed a bug in mission 13 "Paving the way", where the player is supposed to clear the airspace before a flight of He-111s bomb the position.

The Heinkels did arrive, but none of them dropped their bombs and then they continued straight line into the edge of the map. It seems to be similar problem like described in this thread.

Maybe it's a bug in the overall bomber AI code in the engine?

On 12/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, [LeLv34]Lykurgos88 said:

Maybe it's a bug in the overall bomber AI code in the engine?

Yes, we try to fix it. 

Just flew the first 4 missions in VR (HP Reverb Ultra Settings). Can not put my joy in words. 

Thank you for the experience and the great work on the campaigns.

I'm coming near the end of this campaign, on the 3rd last mission, not sure i want this campaign to end..... 

It's been a tough test for me, but what an experience so far.Flying without navigational aids is daunting but now I think there is no going back! Great fun getting lost or disorientated and finding your way again.  I got a few nice ground targets and a few planes here and there along the way, I'm certainly no ace! . I didn't receive any medals either,  but was more than happy to get back in one piece after each mission. 

I think the third mission, an early morning scouting flight (still very dark) with a low cloud ceiling....... wow, i love that mission. It really reinforced the difficulties these pilots experienced and also is a great showcase for what this game is about. I got damaged by AA far from home,  engine damaged, I had to manually control the engine and navigate back to base with a blackening windscreen. The breaking morning light was most welcome in helping me to find my way home. Touching down in one piece felt like a serious achievement....wow,  what a mission!

The price of the campaign was worth it for that one mission alone! I bought all other missing campaigns after that experience. I hope the rest are at least as good as "10 days".

Many thanks BlackSix

Got this game in the Steam sale over Christmas and having a blast so far. Decided to get this campaign direct from the developers and enjoyed the start so much I've bought all the other campaigns and a couple of planes. Great job, really immersive, hope the others are this good.

Got take of and landing sorted, just need to work out how to shoot stuff down now.....

Thank you, guys!

On 1/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, itsbillyfrazier said:

I hope the rest are at least as good as "10 days".

Other campaigns have a higher level of difficulty. "10 days" is a kind of training and introductory scripted campaign.

Just wanted to say Thank You. This is my first campaign even I have 61 hours of playtime but that is only on quick missions.

I am now at mission 11, if I remember right. I must try that again because my 109 didnt make it, it is now burning on the ground. 

Number 8 was my favourite mission and I am sure that I play that one again.

After that campaign is over I have "Fortress on the Volga" waiting.

just purchased my copy and am at mission 3 . Is there a way of adding my skins to the rest of  the squadron ?