Historical Campaign "Ten Days of Autumn" - Discussion

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSix

BlackSix
  • Community manager

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:36

Attached File  imgpsh_fullsize.jpg   50.92KB   1 downloads

This single-player Campaign tells the story of a difficult time in October 1941 for the German Luftwaffe on the Moscow front. The Campaign follows the actions of Luftwaffe Group I./JG 52 who were supporting the tip of the German thrust deep into Russia, flying missions from frontline airfields in the Kalinin area. German forces faced seemingly never ending artillery strikes, attacks from Soviet ground forces and sudden VVS air strikes. The intense combat as well as the tough weather conditions demanded maximum effort from Luftwaffe pilots, foreshadowing the looming collapse of the Operation Typhoon. You get to play the role of commander of the second flight in the third squadron (3./JG 52).

Timeframe: October 19-29, 1941
Unit: I./JG 52
Available aircraft: Bf 109 F-2
Duration: 15 missions
Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Polish.

This campaign requires "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow".

Attached File  DE_C01_S01.jpg   836.44KB   2 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S02.jpg   644.6KB   1 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S03.jpg   559.35KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DE_C01_S04.jpg   512.82KB   0 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S05.jpg   269.94KB   0 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S06.jpg   378.85KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DE_C01_S07.jpg   484.33KB   0 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S08.jpg   457.45KB   0 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S09.jpg   165.19KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DE_C01_S10a.jpg   425.06KB   0 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S11.jpg   252.51KB   0 downloads Attached File  DE_C01_S12.jpg   289.01KB   0 downloads

If you need to reinstall game and you want to save your progress in the campaign then copy and save folder ...\data\swf\il2\usersave\...

Community Manager 1С Game Studios
Game setup and settings FAQ | Customer Service

#2 hames123

hames123

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:27

Nice to see the devs supporting single player, I hope there are many more such campaigns, may I propose one based on a Soviet squadron flying P-40s?

#3 SnakeBT6

SnakeBT6

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:32

Just did the first mission..I like it!  :cool:

#4 hames123

hames123

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:42

What happened?
Also, when will this come out on steam? I got Il 2 there so I can only watch and wait right now.

#5 dhillr

dhillr
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:48

I'm gonna play this campaign over n over again until the release of the next official scripted campaign. :) Thanks BlackSix.

#6 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:49

Just buy it on the official website, and it is automatically in your Steam game.

#7 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:50

I haven't played it yet (the Ju-52 calls me), but I like the look of it already :)

qYvxNoF.jpg
"Stalin's fortress on fire! Is this madness or hell? The sound of the mortars, the music of death! We're playing the devil's symphony! Our violins are guns! Conducted from hell! Oh Stalingrad!"

- From Stalingrad by Sabaton.

#8 Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:03

What happened?
Also, when will this come out on steam? I got Il 2 there so I can only watch and wait right now.

You can buy and play it now. no need to wait for it to come to steam. this is not like DCS, you can mix them.

just activate the key on your IL2 profile

i7 7700k  | GTX 1080 Ti |   16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4  |  LG 34UM95 3440x1440 | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5  |  Saitek X-55 HOTAS  |  MFG Crosswind graphite pedals

#9 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:38

You don't even have to activate your key, it is done automatically by the webside.

#10 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:08

First mission done, and... wow. Extremely atmospheric, immersive, and fun, despite the lack of combat. One of the best experiences I've ever had in a flight sim!

qYvxNoF.jpg
"Stalin's fortress on fire! Is this madness or hell? The sound of the mortars, the music of death! We're playing the devil's symphony! Our violins are guns! Conducted from hell! Oh Stalingrad!"

#11 BlackSix

BlackSix
  • Community manager

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:36

Nice to see the devs supporting single player, I hope there are many more such campaigns, may I propose one based on a Soviet squadron flying P-40s?

I'm not sure into the account of this plane as P-40E-1 began to arrive on the front at the end of spring 1942. We have no Moscow spring map and I think that it will be too heavy to play on it against BOS planes. But perhaps someone from community will make such campaign :)

First mission done, and... wow. Extremely atmospheric, immersive, and fun, despite the lack of combat. One of the best experiences I've ever had in a flight sim!

Thanks, there will be several missions without combat but they should be interesting. I tried to show real tasks in which there wasn't always a meeting with the air enemy.

#12 simplyjames

simplyjames
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:45

I just did a few of the missions and its amazing. I'm on my way to becoming a real Ace.

The non-combat missions are just as fun as the combat missions in my opinion and the campaign really adds atmosphere. 

Great work! Very tempting to take tomorrow off of work to keep going :)

#13 Blooddawn1942

Blooddawn1942
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:48

Looking forward to begin the campaign this evening.
I always appreciate well made missions without combat.

1oIJ5hv_zpsgii92uwd.jpg   Jak1b_ico_zpsvoyrjcqt.png

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

Wyrd bid ful araed...

#14 Lymark

Lymark

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:39

Sorry, I hate to be that guy, but what's so special about the scripted campaign? I spent $10 for it and I'm quite disappointed. Like the only difference between scripted campaign and user made missions is that you get the description screen with some fancy screenshot before entering to combat, that's it. Agreed, the atmospheric is way better than the original campaign, but that is not it right? Please tell me I'm missing something....

Edited by Lymark, 20 December 2016 - 10:44.

Possibly the only known HongKonger out of 7 million that flies hardcore combat flight sims. If you're from HK and interested in flying together, please shoot me a PM!

#15 BlackSix

BlackSix
  • Community manager

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:06

Sorry, I hate to be that guy, but what's so special about the scripted campaign? I spent $10 for it and I'm quite disappointed. Like the only difference between scripted campaign and user made missions is that you get the description screen with some fancy screenshot before entering to combat, that's it. Agreed, the atmospheric is way better than the original campaign, but that is not it right? Please tell me I'm missing something....

This is the classic mode from the old "Il-2 Sturmovik":

- briefings constitute a single story

- all events are based on actual combat in the area of Kalinin in October 1941

- you can see constantly changing environment around you and how the front line moves day by day

- all missions are made by hand and they've passed multiple tests

- missions have the normal level of difficulty which doesn't depend on your level/rank in the game

#16 No601_Swallow

No601_Swallow
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:22

You could always be the guy who says, "I can't believe I get all these user made campaigns for free, from mission builders who sink dozens of hours of design and testing and talent and imagination into each mission, which they selflessly donate to the community at large."

BS's campaign represents - I assume - cutting-edge possibilities for what the mission editor and the sim can achieve, as well as pointing the way ahead, as more and more features get added to this sim. Personally, I'm happy to support mission building, and look forward to being able to pay back in the future a little to Haash, Coconut, Juri, Veteran and all the others!

TPRegBanner_zpsda0d4519.jpg

#17 sinned

sinned

Posted 20 December 2016 - 14:10

Fantastic.  I played the first two missions.  First one is a prelude of what's to come.  Love the atmosphere of that dark gloom, rainy day feel with low on fuel tension.

I look forward to finishing up the missions with map navigation on, but want to try this in expert mode later.  Immersion will be awesome.  

#18 5./ZG1_BOO

5./ZG1_BOO

Posted 20 December 2016 - 14:22

Purchased in acknowledgement of the craft and time it takes to produce and research. Thank you.

#19 dburne

dburne
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 14:25

I am certainly looking forward to giving this a try after Christmas.

This is the reason I am back on board now, just purchasing BOM Premium and BOK Premium early access.

Many thanks for your efforts on this BlackSix!

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.50 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair H100i | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Oculus Rift | Windows 10 64 Bit |

#20 Toxin1

Toxin1
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 17:25

Fantastic.  I played the first two missions.  First one is a prelude of what's to come.  Love the atmosphere of that dark gloom, rainy day feel with low on fuel tension.

I look forward to finishing up the missions with map navigation on, but want to try this in expert mode later.  Immersion will be awesome.  

+1

I am playing SP mostly now a days and the new campaign is a very welcome addition to the game and IMHO well worth the price of admission.  Excellent work BlackSix :salute:

#21 Luger1969

Luger1969
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 18:43

A dumb question guys...where do I find the unique skin?

Peace the old fashioned way. IL2 New Generation

“Quite simply he was a leader of men to the extent that few in the history of our great nation have become and the finest USAF fighter pilots of the day worked their way to Ubon to follow this icon into combat.” George Mckinney (Mig Killer) on Robin Olds (WW2 ace and Mig Killer)

#22 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 18:58

A dumb question guys...where do I find the unique skin?

In the same place as all the standard Bf-109 F-2 skins :)

qYvxNoF.jpg

#23 Luger1969

Luger1969
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 19:07

Cyber should it be after the Geissler skin?

“Quite simply he was a leader of men to the extent that few in the history of our great nation have become and the finest USAF fighter pilots of the day worked their way to Ubon to follow this icon into combat.” George Mckinney (Mig Killer) on Robin Olds (WW2 ace and Mig Killer)

#24 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 19:09

Cyber should it be after the Geissler skin?

It should be the very last one there.

qYvxNoF.jpg

#25 Zami

Zami
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 19:37

I have just flown the first couple of missions, work is interfering my flying.

But I have to say excellent work Blacksix, I enjoyed those missions :)
Intel 6700k@4.6Ghz // Asus z170 Pro Gaming // 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz DDR4 // GTX 1080 // Crucial MX100 256GB SSD // 34" Dell U3415W 3440x1440 // Creative Sound Blaster Z // Saitek X-52 // Win10-64bit

Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 Luger1969

Luger1969
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 19:38

Thanks Cyber. And now of to fly number 1....

#27 9./JG27golani79

9./JG27golani79
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 19:43

I´ve just flown the first 3 missions and I really enjoyed them.
Looking forward on the missions to come :)

Well done so far BlackSix!

Edited by 9./JG27golani79, 20 December 2016 - 19:43.

#28 II/JG17_SchwarzeDreizehn

II/JG17_SchwarzeDreizehn

Posted 20 December 2016 - 20:06

Great Stuff!

#29 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted 20 December 2016 - 21:02

You guys are getting me so excited :( I can't play it until we get the AMD Rainbow Confetti bug sorted out.
Signature.jpg

#30 busdriver

busdriver
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 22:01

A good flight lead will typically let his wingman (wingmen) land first in a fuel emergency. Clearly I'm a self centered save my sorry @ss excuse for a flight lead...landed straight in sucking the seat cushion up my posterior looking at the fuel gauge...ruined my prop and fouled the runway. :dash: Bugger, that's a fun first mission!

#31 Y-29.Sulaco

Y-29.Sulaco
  • Founder

Posted 20 December 2016 - 22:02

Great campaign so far, almost finished it (think I'm on mission 10).

That being said, is there any chance of custom radio dialogue in the future or does IL-2 not support that? I only ask as I'm coming fresh from finishing the excellent m2000 campaign in DCS and the custom radio dialogue was fantastic and really breathed a lot of life into the characters and atmosphere, the custom music was also incredible.

Anyway, just wanted to see if that was a future option or not as I think it would add loads to these campaigns.

GREAT WORK!

#32 216th_Pinko

216th_Pinko

Posted 20 December 2016 - 23:28

These missions are really enjoyable; I've got that warm single-player buzz from them.

Nice work. :salute:

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss internet. The abyss internet gazes also into you.”

#33 216th_Cat

216th_Cat
  • Founder

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:18

A good flight lead will typically let his wingman (wingmen) land first in a fuel emergency. Clearly I'm a self centered save my sorry @ss excuse for a flight lead...landed straight in sucking the seat cushion up my posterior looking at the fuel gauge...ruined my prop and fouled the runway. :dash: Bugger, that's a fun first mission!

My experience exactly. So desperate to get down that I came in too hot, bounced and bent the prop. It doesn't mention that in the brief for the second mission!

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat, 21 December 2016 - 01:19.

#34 No601_Swallow

No601_Swallow
  • Founder

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:25

That being said, is there any chance of custom radio dialogue in the future or does IL-2 not support that? I only ask as I'm coming fresh from finishing the excellent m2000 campaign in DCS and the custom radio dialogue was fantastic and really breathed a lot of life into the characters and atmosphere, the custom music was also incredible.

I think Veteran has included custom audio in his bomber missions (available on M4T, I think - although they'll need a bit of an update for the new version - very easy to do with a decent text editor).

TPRegBanner_zpsda0d4519.jpg

#35 Y-29.Sulaco

Y-29.Sulaco
  • Founder

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:28

I think Veteran has included custom audio in his bomber missions (available on M4T, I think - although they'll need a bit of an update for the new version - very easy to do with a decent text editor).

That's great news! I'll give them a run once they're updated to check it out. He did the original 109 campaign I think didn't he? That was a solid set of missions IIRC.

Hopefully he can release an official campaign in the future, I would be more than happy to support it!

#36 Blitzen

Blitzen
  • Founder

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:06

Mission #3" Uninvited Guests" is the best developer mission I've played since the beginning of the sim...Rivals some of the best scramble missions in CloD.Very smooth too...Maybe I'm so pleased because I nailed 3 Migs & got down in one piece...Well done ,Chaps! :salute:

Edited by Blitzen, 21 December 2016 - 02:07.

#37 JG4_Etherlight

JG4_Etherlight

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:12

While I definitely appreciate that the devs are trying to expand the Singleplayer experience of the game, I bought the campaign after all, I have to say that I am not entirely satisfied with the product. Before I go into further detail, let me say this: I have been playing DCS for a very long time now and I am an avid supporter of the excellent campaigns that are provided there (also mostly by dedicated mission builders btw.). I am therefore used to a certain level of quality and content when it comes to SP campaigns. I understand that BlackSix is not a dedicated campaign guy and that this was only one of his contributions to the sim, but that said: I also pay 10$ for the campaigns in DCS and I have to say that the complexity of the missions, the variety of tasks, the amount of material that is used as documentary, storytelling and presentation and the crazy amount of custom voice-overs (which are or at least were possible in BoS) just blow this campaign out of the water tenfold. The concept of the missions is definitely good and there is a fair amount of variety in the tasks and kind of gameplay the missionstructure tries to create, but when all is said and done, it feels like a slightly orchestrated standard-campaign with the bonus of a few hot spots with tracer fire. Custom voice-overs, storytelling in the mission to change the course of the experience and a bit more material on the side about what happened during the time, the actual battles that took place and maybe something visual (maybe old pictures) would do wonders for this campaign. I do not know that is missing this is due to BlackSix having other dev-duties, the limitations of the engine or other reasons I do not want to speculate upon. The experience I got with the campaign is definitely better than everything we have seen so far in terms of Singeplayer from the developer side, but to be honest: We have not seen very much in the first place, so that was not that difficult. Not trying to be a hater here, but I would strongly suggest motivating capable dedicated mission builders to join in on the fray with a good cooperation in the payment model or actually getting someone on the team who has the time and ressources to further develop the developer-created campaigns.

Maybe I'm simply spoiled by DCS's superb content in the campaign-department but as it stands I cannot justify to purchase another campaign of this format when there are quite a few DCS campaigns still out there that I want to play. Just some honest thoughts and my experience.

Edit: For those who wanna know what I mean - there are quite a few trailers, playthroughs and all that jazz available on youtube. Good examples of what I mean are "Operation Piercing Fury" - by Ranger79 and "The Enemy Within" by Baltic Dragon, both campaigns for the A-10C. The official campaign for the Mirage 2000C module, which has also been crafted by Baltic Dragon is another example.

Edited by JG4_Ether, 21 December 2016 - 04:39.

#38 Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey
  • Founder

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:56

well at least someone will sleep well tonight  :rolleyes:

i7 7700k  | GTX 1080 Ti |   16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4  |  LG 34UM95 3440x1440 | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5  |  Saitek X-55 HOTAS  |  MFG Crosswind graphite pedals

#39 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:10

wall-of-text-1.jpg

#40 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:50

While I definitely appreciate that the devs are trying to expand the Singleplayer experience of the game, I bought the campaign after all, I have to say that I am not entirely satisfied with the product. Before I go into further detail, let me say this: I have been playing DCS for a very long time now and I am an avid supporter of the excellent campaigns that are provided there (also mostly by dedicated mission builders btw.). I am therefore used to a certain level of quality and content when it comes to SP campaigns. I understand that BlackSix is not a dedicated campaign guy and that this was only one of his contributions to the sim, but that said: I also pay 10$ for the campaigns in DCS and I have to say that the complexity of the missions, the variety of tasks, the amount of material that is used as documentary, storytelling and presentation and the crazy amount of custom voice-overs (which are or at least were possible in BoS) just blow this campaign out of the water tenfold. The concept of the missions is definitely good and there is a fair amount of variety in the tasks and kind of gameplay the missionstructure tries to create, but when all is said and done, it feels like a slightly orchestrated standard-campaign with the bonus of a few hot spots with tracer fire. Custom voice-overs, storytelling in the mission to change the course of the experience and a bit more material on the side about what happened during the time, the actual battles that took place and maybe something visual (maybe old pictures) would do wonders for this campaign. I do not know that is missing this is due to BlackSix having other dev-duties, the limitations of the engine or other reasons I do not want to speculate upon. The experience I got with the campaign is definitely better than everything we have seen so far in terms of Singeplayer from the developer side, but to be honest: We have not seen very much in the first place, so that was not that difficult. Not trying to be a hater here, but I would strongly suggest motivating capable dedicated mission builders to join in on the fray with a good cooperation in the payment model or actually getting someone on the team who has the time and ressources to further develop the developer-created campaigns.

Maybe I'm simply spoiled by DCS's superb content in the campaign-department but as it stands I cannot justify to purchase another campaign of this format when there are quite a few DCS campaigns still out there that I want to play. Just some honest thoughts and my experience.

Edit: For those who wanna know what I mean - there are quite a few trailers, playthroughs and all that jazz available on youtube. Good examples of what I mean are "Operation Piercing Fury" - by Ranger79 and "The Enemy Within" by Baltic Dragon, both campaigns for the A-10C. The official campaign for the Mirage 2000C module, which has also been crafted by Baltic Dragon is another example.

B6 will enjoy this I am sure. This is the first scripted campaign for BOS and the feature is not even finished and was released 6 months early.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users