Thad

Saving Controller Settings

Salutations Pilots,

A cursory forum search came up empty for me.

Question: Does one have to save joystick inputs for 'every' plane or vehicle one chooses to fly or drive? Or are they saved separately automatically? Or do we have to save a copy of our 'input' folder for each craft and swap them out when needed? That sound very tedious.

Thanks

Edited by wdboyds

Afaik the settings are "global"

Perhaps you could use 3rd party programs like joytokey to create specialized profiles for each plane

Hey wdboyds,

This was copied from instructions for saving gaming profiles before the last game update.t

By community request, here is a short instruction on how to preserve key and axis bindings (for example, in a case of a complete reinstall):

1. You need to back up these files:

<game_folder>\data\input\current.actions

<game_folder>\data\input\current.devices

<game_folder>\data\input\current.map

<game_folder>\data\input\current.responses

<game_folder>\data\input\devices.txt

You may want to back this up as well, if at any time the controller id's get switched    game_folder>\data\swf\il2\storage\storeddevices.txt   ( you can also change the id numbers here )

cheers--sf--

The way is do outside of game, configure the controls like you wan for a given plane, make backup of above files.

Then for another etc.

Make .bat copy/replace commands to replace this copies in game folder. Is need restart the game for "see" the new file.

A bit tedious way, but...  :)

Afaik the settings are "global"

Perhaps you could use 3rd party programs like joytokey to create specialized profiles for each plane

Thanks everybody. I think I will go with using JoyToKey and save specific craft files with it.

Hi, all, 

its this the weay, how save control settings, key settings if you must reinstal game?

You need to back up these files:
<game_folder>\data\input\current.actions
<game_folder>\data\input\current.devices
<game_folder>\data\input\current.map
<game_folder>\data\input\current.responses
<game_folder>\data\input\devices.txt
and ...back this up as well, if at any time the controller id's get switched    game_folder>\data\swf\il2\storage\storeddevices.txt   ( you can also change the id numbers here )

Have you tried? I'll have to buy a bigger disk and install the game on it again. And I don't want to set the controls again.

Thank you.