Jason_Williams

Please Read - A Heads Up on Update 2.006

FJGs are jumping in correct way. It was essential for the guy to be in kind of upright position when parachute deployed,as with its construction and fastening it put lot of stress on hips and you could break your back if in not correct position.

So my assumption was wrong. I always thought they jumped head first.

Holy crap! Dropping en masse is a site to behold! Absolutely beautiful. This is just fooling around in QMB. Can't wait to see what mission designers make with this new feature. RUN! DON'T WALK TO BUY THE JU-52! This turned out to be cooler than I thought it would. In motion its awesome. I just don't have time to make a video tonight, but check out these pics.

attachicon.gifTroopers_1.jpg attachicon.gifTroopers_2.jpg

attachicon.gifTroopers_3.jpg attachicon.gifTroopers_4.jpg

attachicon.gifTroopers_5.jpg attachicon.gifTroopers_6.jpg

Jason

just one little suggestion. put Pacific on hold -> IL-2: Market Garden

Thanks for the info, Jason, good to know.

@ Blooddawn, you were quite right, unlike other nations, the german paratroopers learned to jump out with the head first. But I don't know why this was important for them.

Thanks for news & advise Jason.

One question: will our current game be updated or will we have to make a clean install from scratch (re-download the game)?

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Awesome update news from an awesome team.

Thanks, can't wait really...... :)

just one little suggestion. put Pacific on hold -> IL-2: Market Garden

Negative. Pacific can't be on hold!

Looks interesting.

But someone has to say it - are you sure that you have the parachute design right? It looks more like the allied pattern, rather than the FallSchirmjager pattern parachutes, that attached to a single point in the back of the harness rather than two shoulder straps as in the pictures.

Compare pictures in post with those in http://www.fjr2.be/Pagina%20E-26-%20German%20parachutes.htm

So my assumption was wrong. I always thought they jumped head first.

The way you jump out of the plane depends on construction of the parachute itself = its harness and way of deployment. Modern days chutes are much different and also jumping methods are different.

What raised my left eyebrow when looking at screens is that FJGs are using not correct parachute type. It looks like that of issued to flying personel (pilots) with 2 separate shoulder mounted groups of shroud lines,so called seat-type parachute. FJGs used RZ16 or RZ20 types,where shroud lines meet in central point and from there they go by 2 carry lines attached to harness. Its maybe due to simplification as pilots parachute and model was allready available. Otherwise devs would have to make completly new parachute model. Maybe in the future,when time allows,they will equip FJGs with correct types  ;)

Thank you very very much team !!!!  A so nice Christmas ............. ;)

More of the same...

I mean - Great News!!!! You Spoil us 1C / 777 :-)  :good: 

I think the devs can be forgiven for re-using their aircrew parachutes. A very minor point for most flight sim enthusiasts and one I wouldn't even have been aware of if Brano hadn't mentioned it. This is a flight sim first and foremost and I'm sure the graphical artists are well-employed with other more relevant tasks.

The mass drop looks absolutely fantastic!

• Upvote 7

I think the devs can be forgiven for re-using their aircrew parachutes. A very minor point for most flight sim enthusiasts and one I wouldn't even have been aware of if Brano hadn't mentioned it. This is a flight sim first and foremost and I'm sure the graphical artists are well-employed with other more relevant tasks.

Dont worry,not gonna kill myself over this :) Why forgive them? They didnt do anything bad. Just made things in easier way.Thats very clever! On top of it I guess they didnt have to change animation of jumping pilot much,just redo the 3D model of pilot to look like FJG. I just made an observation remark for those,that didnt notice the difference in parachute. Which is everyone but me. Damn,I should notice less :D

Yes of course: not only the parachute model would have to be redone, but also the animation, since German paras had no control over their shroud lines and would have descended leaning slightly forwards with their hands down.

Two outcomes really, both acceptable:

1) It will stay this way for resource reasons - understandable, but you will get this inaccuracy pointed out from time to time

2) It will get changed later when conditions allow - the ideal to match the high fidelity of the rest of the sim. 

Dont worry,not gonna kill myself over this :) Why forgive them? They didnt do anything bad. Just made things in easier way.Thats very clever! On top of it I guess they didnt have to change animation of jumping pilot much,just redo the 3D model of pilot to look like FJG. I just made an observation remark for those,that didnt notice the difference in parachute. Which is everyone but me. Damn,I should notice less :D

Excuse me!  Post before yours.  You are not the only pedant around here.  :)

Thank you Jason and dev. team.

I likie the camo on the parachute. Well done!!

The G-4 is looking fantastic too :)

Edited by Yankee_One

I think there is no problem, when paratroopers act like bailing out crew members, as long as they don't just sit down after landing. ;)

Thanks for the news.  Really looking forward to this release.

There will always be bugs in any release.  Just give us the chance to point them out so you can squash them like the bugs they are!!

This particular update has been a very tough one for our small team.[...] The team has been putting in long hours and weekends to get this update ready

It is so nice the way you care about the Team Jason.

Please send them this message "Take the time to get some good sleep and happy new year! I LOVE YOU!"

Thanks Jason. You and the entire team ... all three of you ... are to be commended. You the MEN!!!

:good:  :good:  :good:

Holy crap! Dropping en masse is a site to behold! Absolutely beautiful. This is just fooling around in QMB. Can't wait to see what mission designers make with this new feature. RUN! DON'T WALK TO BUY THE JU-52! This turned out to be cooler than I thought it would. In motion its awesome. I just don't have time to make a video tonight, but check out these pics.

Holly crap! Jason is very enthusiastic!(First time I read "holy  crap" from you!  :)  I am so happy that you love Tante Ju and what our mighty team is doing! (I bought 3 of them! I hope it will be enough since Russian love to destroy them !)

Justin,

I'm happy to gift you a Ju52, if you have not yet purchased it for yourself!

PM me!

That is SO KIND, I really love this community! thank you Haza !

I LOVE TANTE JU! 

I can't praise the team enough, this is really an unpresidented... I hope interested people out there will see this and get into our beloved sim... I brought in two myself and two more are just waiting new PCs :salute:  

I hope too, but I am SURE it will help to get new players. 

Soon, some influent youtubers like Bismark, Sherif will release some videos about it, those videos will be seen by thousand of people! it will make a good publicity! I am sure there are many Tante Ju lover!

So far this is the BEST ju52 we can have in any simulator and above all with new and exclusive gameplay NEVER SEEN BEFORE!!

Holly Crap!!! You said it Jason!

post-467-0-24655800-1481717185.jpg

Edited by Nil

One small step for the paratrooper one giant step for IL-2 BOS/BOM/(BOK) :cool:

Great work !

Bugs are not welcomed, but acceptable ;)

With my CH-Throttle Quadrant I plan this setup:

Control:..........Throttle..........Prop..........Mixture.........N/A

Engine:...........1...2...3...........All................All.............N/A

Lever no:........1...2...3........... 4..................5................6

This gives me full control of engine power for each engine and the ability to steer with differential power (Lever 1+3 for the JU-52, 1+2 for 2 engine Aircraft).

Prop and mixture settings will have to be set equally 90% of the time anyway, and if not, then engines can be deselected and set seperatly.

Edited by fjacobsen

Brilliant!

This made me buy another ju-52 as gift to my cheap-ass friend.

Great progress!

Edited by aa_radek
  • Upvote 1

It looks really cool, unfortunately i have to wait for my birthday in february to buy bok and ju52. Looking forward to dx11 !

I agree I wasn't that interested in the Ju-52 and bought it just to support the series. Now it is looking really interesting and I can't wait to do some drops!

Guys,

The update has been pushed back to the 19th. Too many unfinished details and small bugs. But it's coming I promise.

Jason

• Upvote 14

Just hoping you get it out before x-mas, as I bought a few JUs as gifts.

dx11 will be a huge improvement over the ancient dx9, I really like what is going to happen in the future if you use the api properly

Dont worry Jason. Take your time. Meanwhile I can spend evenings on Xmas market knowing that everything is preordered and my leasure time budget can be put on more drinking :)

• Upvote 1

Guys,

The update has been pushed back to the 19th. Too many unfinished details and small bugs. But it's coming I promise.

Jason

No problemo.

I can have a drooling weekend.....

So cool!!

I probably wont be around for release but i look forward to flying the ju52 after new years.

Any reasonable person would understand that with so many changes and a big tech improvement (DX11) there will be some bugs on release. The team has consistently demonstrated they work on those bugs quickly so nothing to worry about.

Guys,

Jason

no problem we appreciate that take yr time

Guys,

Jason

As long as it hits in December I have no complaints.  Also, what are the biggest differences we will see in the Bf-109 G-4 vs the current 109s?

I think there is no problem, when paratroopers act like bailing out crew members, as long as they don't just sit down after landing. ;)

Well,if your weapons container is nowhere near to be found,there isnt much you can do  :biggrin:

Top notch communication - again.

JU52 (even though i dont have sufficient levers to use it) and Kuban pre-order for me in 2 days. 

Regards

BOO

• Upvote 1