Sign in to follow this  
Veteran66

new WW2 Shooter

Sounds interesting..but this jarred me a bit

"Enlisted" is being developed on the Dagor engine by a team of kindred minds - Darkflow Software. Many of us have worked for Gaijin Entertainment in many projects including War Thunder. We are well acquainted with Gaijin’s technological basis and we believe the Dagor engine to be the best for developing a full-scale warfare gaming project, which includes the vehicles of battle. Also, we’re working closely with experts from Gaijin Entertainment, our publisher. We do reckon on Gaijin Entertainment expertise to achieve the highest level of refinement and details. 

• Enlisted is based on different principles of game design than War Thunder. Primarily, we are focused on a detailed and deep reconstruction of battle - not the vehicles or soldiers specifically on their own. Thus the game is much less “simulation” than War Thunder. Secondly, the game has skill-based matchmaking and a completely different meta-game, based on the collection and statistics, closer to such games as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or DOTA2.
  •  
  •  

"Thus the game is much less simulation than Warthunder"

not sure what to make of that

Cheers Dakpilot

Sounds like a Heroes and Generals with Gaijin twist. I will stick to Rising Storm, been also testing Rising Storm 2 Vietnam this weekend which looks promising but will require plenty of work still.  

• Upvote 1

It's too early to give any review, but I can already say that there are some things I like and some things that I completely dislike. 

Interesting part is that Developer responsible for helicopters is also a sim guy, has Warthog, TrackIr and rest of the good stuff an his goal is to implement all that into game so helicopters can be controlled that way, as so far only mouse control is available.

Not a fitting replacement for RO2.

RO2 is one of the worst simulations of WW2. Self healing and nearly no recoil on weapons and super accurate soldiers with stabilizers under Shift button, not to mention unlocks and glued bayonets with poor netcode and skipping player models and nonsensical cover system.

Red Orchestra 41-45 is far superior. The only thing RO2 does better is MG reloading. Tell me when RO 3 or rather RO 41-45 2 comes out and will not boil my blood to the point of pure rage.

Meanwhile I'll be playing Darkest Hour.

Edited by =LD=Solty

RO2 is one of the worst simulations of WW2. Self healing and nearly no recoil on weapons [...]

I must be playing another RO2 then ..

Have you tried hardcore servers?

I must be playing another RO2 then ..

Have you tried hardcore servers?

You probably mean "Classic" because there are no hardcore modes. Arcade, Realism, Classic.

And it is not even close to what Red Orchestra 41-45 is and it was added after a backlash from the fans of the original game.

Edited by =LD=Solty

I´ve also played 41-45 and even if there were a few "adjustments" in RO 2 it´s pretty far fetched in my opinion to call it "one of the worst WWII sims"

Question even is if RO 2 wants to be a Sim as it is advertised as "Tactical Multiplayer WWII Shooter" on their website.

I´ve also played 41-45 and even if there were a few "adjustments" in RO 2 it´s pretty far fetched in my opinion to call it "one of the worst WWII sims"

Question even is if RO 2 wants to be a Sim as it is advertised as "Tactical Multiplayer WWII Shooter" on their website.

So now you are using a strawman to prove your point. Doesn't matter to me though. RO2 is an arcade abomination of its predecessor. With all the technology advancement they managed to tweek gameplay to be more fast paced and less complex game. Nothing short of shameful. All the RO community wanted was bigger and better, not easier and smaller.

Also, sounds and weapon animations and models suck compared to the first game. Tactical gameplay or firefights do not exist anymorebecause everyone is so accurate and weapons so easy to handle that most can easily hit a headshot at 150m.

Edited by =LD=Solty

RO2 is one of the worst simulations of WW2.

Remember when RO was just a mod for UT and they won that award that made them develop it to a full game? :)

What great memories, such awesome maps RO had, such awesome battles. And yes darkest Hour Mod have kept

it going.....

Remember when RO was just a mod for UT

Wow, that was a looooong time ago.   And it was probably my favorite mod for any shooter  (though I did like Desert Combat a lot for Battlefield 1942, there was also a more realistic mod for 1942 ... I wanna say the initials were TF but I can't remember)

I haven't played any RO since it was a stand-alone product.

RO2 try catch "COD" market... Rest hope that RS Vietnam don't aim at BF's.  :rolleyes: