Zeppelins in RoF! - Yes, not kidding...

SYN_Bandy

Don't know what the fidelity is of FM/DM, but zeppelins have been introduced into the game by 3rd Party using an existing FM from the Felixstowe (because that aspect of game engine is closed to modders).

This is a terrific accomplishment, where the developers were reluctant, or even said it could not be done.

Here they are, Rise of Flight is not dead...

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/50137-mod-zeppelin-v10-and-zeppelinai-v10/
zeppelin-fire-0_imagesia-com_1bypr.jpg

Edited by SYN_Bandy
  • Upvote 9

Shameless lobbying:

It would be even better if dev team could incorporate this and other community-made objects (and skinpacks!!!1) made in last 18 months into game proper, for online use  :bye: .

/Shameless lobbying.

• Upvote 11

TG-55Panthercules

Yes - haven't had a chance to experiment with this yet but it looks really promising so far.  

And yes, finally releasing the long-pending skin packs would really be a nice Christmas present from the devs

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

• 4 weeks later...
BornToBattle

not dead, but zombie game

QAIKtsj.jpg

Disagree. I play ROF all the time particularly career mode. There isn't ANYTHING out there that comes close to WW1 aerial combat like ROF does. Since it first came out I've never had the need to play multiplayer with it as with all the other stuff to do it keeps me busy enough. I own everything they made for it and don't regret it for an instance.

Flying back in those days was just crazy pants insane.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

RoF is a rock solid and polished flight sim, providing a feeling of flight, as nothing else. But the youth is not into flying anymore. They are not patient enough to learn it. If they don´t succeed in the first minutes, they move on ... there might be exceptions to the rule, of course  :)

There are most probably more people "flying" the WW1 "planes" in Battleground 1, than RoF. I guess, this says it all.

Edited by Quax
  • Upvote 1

Disagree. I play ROF all the time particularly career mode.

The career mode is great, I played a long time with it, but I mean the multiplayer community

some medals ...

kwJ48xK.jpg

• 11 months later...