Sign in to follow this  
Zak

Developer Diary, Part 43

Thanks for the update. Is there a chance ppl who purchased standard edition (in preorder) will be able to play this game in the next session? I think somewhere was said standard edition preorders will gain access in december....and the next testing phase is in december  :)

Edited by tikvic
  • Upvote 3

Oh nooo....

I was just preparing to fly some turns with the friedrich and list to their Ducati-like (or generally V2-engine) sound and I have to remark that the testing phase is finished again. :-((((

Only Tuesday I had the possibility to fly about 30 minutes but unfortunately my little daugther began to whine and I have to keep occupiing with her. Now my wife goes for a walk in the city with her and I have some free hours but the alpha-version is not working any more.....this could has been such a nice evening.....now 1946 must serve!

Something else: I´m playing the game with an old AMD Athlon X2 5400+ and an former-middle-class-graphic-card Radeon 5770 and with just 2 gig RAM. I was concerning the game won´t start with my weak computer but it´s working pretty good till now. Better than CloD. I hope the final version of Il2BOS and espacially during online playing the game will similarly remain playable. I´m waiting the oculus Rift. Then I will upgrade my Hardware.

Sorry if this question was already asked and I´m ask it now again: Do you imagine to accept Bitcoins later for additional content?

And please introduce the possibility to trim the planes. Especially the Lagg does not appear to be trimmed to neutral but extremely trimmed upward. It´s annoying to press the nose of the plane always down.

I´m sorry for my poor English.

Thanks for the update. Is there a chance ppl who purchased standard edition (in preorder) will be able to play this game in the next session? I think somewhere was said standard edition preorders will gain access in december....and the next testing phase is in december  :)

Yes please, we waited for too long , waiting everybody enjoying the sim for two weeks , let us go! :( Please

Any resoponse from Jason or Blacksix, answering or anything would be very welcome, please

Edited by Manu_vc
  • Upvote 2

Maybe.The change log will be posted next week,before the update

Trim would be most awesome. I'd say its the no.1 thing on my list of items I'd like to see added, to really get to grips with things.

Nice job guys...the alpha is going well for me.

Pitch trim and a functioning VSI are all I ask.

Flying the LaGG is just awesome, btw...congrats.

I am sure this sim will grow and develop and I wonder what it will be within, let's say...one year!?
It gives me joy already though.
It will be quite something to shoot up AI aircraft. There, of course, some effects will show up. Smoking and flaming or simply badly shot up planes… Just curious how the creators dealt with that…?
And specially for them: you all have something in your hands gentlemen, which can become a legend in time. Red Baron 3D was that years ago, Microsoft Combat Simulator 1 and its successor, CFS 2 Pacific conquered the world, followed by version 3 which brought combat flying to the European theatre and then… IL-2 appeared at the scene.
IL-2 1946 still has its adepts, (I am one of them) with all kinds of modded versions like SAS and DBW… so… what will IL-2 BFS become in time? May you all get inspired guys and create something which may give the opportunity to flight sim lovers all over the world to say, in the far or nearby future: this was their finest hour! :biggrin:

Achilles

Lol. Steady up there a tad. ;) There will never, ever, be anything that surpasses RB2-3D.

JG3 -Siggi,

Yes, if I think about it… I agree with you! It gave me a lot of pleasure. It was quite something, wasn’t it? We had a guy here in Belgium who made a lot of mods and skins for it. Cannot remember his name but unluckily he died in a very tragic accident… fell of his roof, I believe…

Nevertheless we must give the new generation all the credit they deserve, no?

huraaa, well i didnt make to fly the BF, well twice...i think it swimmed a bit but i didnt check my control maybe dead zones were off or sensitivity.thanks anyway cant wait for next weekend.cheers

• Upvote 1

JG3 -Siggi,

Yes, if I think about it… I agree with you! It gave me a lot of pleasure. It was quite something, wasn’t it? We had a guy here in Belgium who made a lot of mods and skins for it. Cannot remember his name but unluckily he died in a very tragic accident… fell of his roof, I believe…

Nevertheless we must give the new generation all the credit they deserve, no?

Absolutely! :good:  The individuals who are sitting there doing the coding deserve every bit of kudos they get.

Thx guys for handling this pre-alpha so well.

However I would not want to make the hours you devs do, wifie would be way beyond nagging while I probably close to kick it in ;O)

So after those 2 x mid-week 72 hour access up to week-end 96 hour sessions.

And after 2 more weeks of those, may we hope for full access together with our standard founder bros?

Edited by West

Good news for all concerned about the upcoming weekend access. That alone will soothe some of the ruffled feathers around here. The live guns and flying AI target will be frosting for me at this point. Much much quicker than I would have believed. I don't regret my preorder of BoS in the least, it's only getting better.

Simply put..........Fricking AWESOME.   Thanks......

huraaa, well i didnt make to fly the BF, well twice...i think it swimmed a bit but i didnt check my control maybe dead zones were off or sensitivity.thanks anyway cant wait for next weekend.cheers

Hi Easy!

Nice to see you here to.

Vasek aboard yet or still to much engaged in ROF (& elswhere to :O)?

At least now you will have more time for the BF! NO excuses anymore LOL

Edited by West

The standard founders are waiting to spend a hand in the process and taste this masterpiece, let this happen¡

• Upvote 3

I have never got a BETA working as good as this one and I'm so proud to part of it - equally as proud as you should be proving you can do it!!! Bring it on! - you will NOT fail!!!

There is NO FUBAR!!!

The CH trim wheel trims your joystick, not the plane in game. quite a difference.

Agreed. I have had mine for in excess of 10 years and I can remember a comment on one of the original Il2 forums along the lines "they are there to adjust the joystick should it need it and shouldn't be used to adjust aircraft trim".

Mine has had a pounding with 10+ years of IL2 and 4+ years of RoF and hasn't needed any adjustment yet.

So are the dates 5th and 6th based on Moscow time or UTC time? Being based in Australia it is hard to catch these sessions and enjoy some alpha gameplay

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to throwing some rounds down range.

Edited by Rip

Question for developers ... In an effort to manage expectations ... How much of the new effects - guns, sound, damage will be finished vs WIP in the next update?

I would not be expecting finished effects this early bro!

Hargnnn... Another week of sitting, waiting, anticipating and drooling at the screenshot of a '109F-4 on my desktop. :rolleyes:

Dear Developer Dudes and Dudettes: words can't describe what fantastic, outstanding, marvelous work you've accomplished!

Not only did you stepped beyond what was Rise Of Flight, you also managed to bring life to the Il-2 Sturmovik series, 

after Cliffs Of Dover ended so disastrously. Also the idea of incorporating the end users - us - into the developing process

the way you did, is a bold and encouraging step for, as I guess, both you and us and actually makes waiting much less hard. ;)

Keep up your outstanding work, take your time and make it perfect (or at least 99%, 'ya hear?! :P ).

Can't wait for more cookies come rolling along and already dreaming of the distant future's maps and A/C to come...

Salute! Bearkiller72.

could not agree more  :salute:

please fix the trim so I can shoot the stank off some 109's! with my Lagg 

Hopefully the ammo trucks are not intercepted by partisans on the way to the front.  :lol:

Great news. Roll on next Friday. I'm enjoying every minutes of access to this. :biggrin::salute:

Re: Pre Release.

Standard founders could aid in the testing of:

Different individuals PC hardware configs, bug finding/discovery  for pre final realease polish, verbal promoting to local friends, wallpaper screenshots, etc. I have played PC games for years and played many titles. There are game developers out there that give players early access for less than $50 then put the final products price up on release.  I would asume they appreciate the assistance in the many hours needed for pre release testing.

Christmas is just arround the corner, the more the merrier!

Excellent....... me thinks this procedure that is in place for this sim et al.... sets another standard.

Thanx

TiGGs

Have you fixed the trackir issue with the 109f4? You had the default start up view as looking out the right side of the canopy, Trackir saw this as the default forward view so hitting F12 made trackir centir on looking out the right side.

Have you fixed the trackir issue with the 109f4? You had the default start up view as looking out the right side of the canopy, Trackir saw this as the default forward view so hitting F12 made trackir centir on looking out the right side.

Disable track ir and adjust view using keyboard keys then hit f10 to save it.

While we're asking questions...

- will the AI bots have any defensive moves or will they be like towplanes?

- will ground objects be destructable?

- will bullet strikes show on aircraft targets as decals or as unique damage?

- will internal structures in aircraft be visible?

- will hit boxes be placeholders or final?

- will AI pilot kills be modelled?

- will AI bailouts be modelled?

- will any new effects or DMs be shown?

- will tracer smoke be visible?

- will loadouts be configurable or fixed?

H

Standard Founder here and drooling enough fluid to form a new ocean. Could the Devs be more specific about when we can join the furball, please. Mighty grateful for the info....oh and don't you premium players finish off all the targets before we get there! Thanks.

Ahhhhh ... slinging hot lead in the morning! Well, more like 'dodging' hot lead for me, but that's still way more fun than unleaded.

Thanks again for all the hard work and man is it moving right along!

Edited by clayman

The standard founders are waiting to spend a hand in the process and taste this masterpiece, let this happen¡

Definitely you deserve to try it as well. Christmas eve seems like a good time, doesn't it ;-)

Didn't do that for me, you probably did something funky like set your TIR center button to the save view position button in game. I believe both are f10 by default.

Yes please, we waited for too long , waiting everybody enjoying the sim for two weeks , let us go! :( Please

Any resoponse from Jason or Blacksix, answering or anything would be very welcome, please

Pwetty PWEASE! ;)

Great news next week we get buwillts cant wait. The way the developers are initiating the each stage of the development of the game is so cool, wetting our appetite with each session yes there have been a few tech issues but because you are adopting the slowly slowly method ,all these bugs and glitches can be dealt with quickly well done to the development team its great to have a team that knows what we want  

A big thank you to the teams from 777 Studios and 1C.  I am enjoying what you have delivered so far and I am looking forward to your future developements.