Jason_Williams

Discussion of the New Scripted Campaign System and Pre-Order

I'm in too.

I'd like to see some kind of symbol to show who has pre-ordered either collectors planes or now the campaigns. Maybe something different than the gold tags for the games.

Off topic I know but I just recently upgraded to BOM and it is not showing the tag

<<<-----------------------

That's great news.  Was it you that wrote the MiG-3 campaign called Blinding Sun that comes with Il-2 1946?

No, this campaign was written by Vadim Davydov, I led the development. I did all single missions for Il-2 Sturmovik: Aces expansion pack, Pacific Fighters, Il-2 Sturmovik: The stories of the diving bomber,  Sturmoviks over Manchuria and 1946.

Also I did 3 add-ons with 11 scripted campaigns (25 missions per each) but they were published only for the Russian market

6e7f2fb7a7694ccaed8c3b5e715cf0f7.jpg

43b80814dabae64bda33b83c490b627f.jpg

831b1e90aec113aec1247ea1c61a7085.jpg

• Upvote 10

Ya know you guys are just doin a [Edited] awesome job. Ever since I heard that "Trip7" was on board with you guys I knew you were gonna have a spectacular flight sim, keep it up alright? I hope the campaign mode like RoF will come into play soon. Besides the price bein a lil bit steep it's worth it in a sense, besides we all have bills to pay I know you guys ain't exactly gettin rich off this. Just keep it up.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
profanity

Are we a step closer to dynamic campaigns. Thats the wallet opener for me ;)

Hi dev team!

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

The campaign is historically based and should we assume that at the end we as a main "hero" will "loose" ?

Any how I will give a try!

Thank you in advance !

Off topic I know but I just recently upgraded to BOM and it is not showing the tag

<<<-----------------------

You only get the gold tag if you pre-ordered.

They had talked about having maybe a bronze tag for everyone else.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

The campaign is historically based and should we assume that at the end we as a main "hero" will "loose" ?

Any how I will give a try!

In the campaign you will see only 10 days of the war.

The main character will remain alive and I plan to use him in the sequel

• Upvote 5

Joined the party - Pre-ordered.

Hopefully this is so popular, SP AI gets some rework.

Edited by BazzaLB

Yep, that's logical !!!

Thank you for the fast reply!

Which you good luck for all your project and let them become products !

Interesting, so will it be more long story? :)

Good move.

It's a good idea to create campaign for Ju-52/3m pilot over the Stalingrad battle also.

JunkersJu52Meyer.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 4

I'm in as well - except - now I want one from the other side...I-16 or Mig3 (please)

Any chance at all that this could be converted after the initial release to be a "COOP" campaign set?

Immersion would increase significantly if you could fly with real human wing men?

• Upvote 1

Pre pruchased. Scripted campaign desing by human are for me the "must have" for sim. I will go back to BoS/BoM in VR with this campaign, I hope for the end of this year...

I am sure that BlackSix will be able to hide the flaws features_than_some_doesnt_like of the IA by his design of the missions.

But I still fear to see my wingman go to sit in the six of the first bomber that should be intercepted, until his 109 will be shot down...

@BlackSix : maybe you can push the need of some IA improvement for next developments, regarding your feedback as campaign creator ?

Is the I./JG52 Bf-109 skin shown in the announcement the only skin that comes with the campaign or will it include more? It would be nice to have historical JG52 skins with different numbers for all pilots in the player's flight.

Great news, congratulations on this next step!

By the way BlackSix, those Pe-2 campaigns for 1946 were hair-raising fun.

Kind of hoping this will sow the seeds for tutorials. Folks people new to flight sims need these. Even though I am not one of them. I do suck a dive bombing with the dive bombing aircraft and it would be nice to have someone very skilled in this and many other skills, guide newbies and those of up who are weak on certain skills toward refinement of many and necessary skills. Online squadron really need to think of this as area to train new personal so they can spend less time in the fundamentals and more time honing high end quality combat skill. Somebody wants to join? Put them through the course first. Basic,primary and advanced training. Then fly online with them under your wing and watch them perform so much better and have far fewer of them wash out and quit. Just a thought here. Thanks for everyone's time. 

• Upvote 1

Is the I./JG52 Bf-109 skin shown in the announcement the only skin that comes with the campaign or will it include more? It would be nice to have historical JG52 skins with different numbers for all pilots in the player's flight.

In this case, we would have to make about 100-150 skins for I and II./JG 52, 15.(span)/JG 27, II.(Schlacht)/LG 2, I./ZG 26 and II./ZG 26 and several bomber groups that you'll see in the missions. And for all Soviet aircraft too. I've been doing this for the campaigns in IL-2 1946 but now it's impossible.

A sequel, huh? Can we expect this pilot to fight from Moscow to Kuban?

I can't wait :)

Edited by Cybermat47

A sequel, huh? Can we expect this pilot to fight from Moscow to Kuban?

This will depend on your interest in the current campaign

In this case, we would have to make about 100-150 skins for I and II./JG 52, 15.(span)/JG 27, II.(Schlacht)/LG 2, I./ZG 26 and II./ZG 26 and several bomber groups that you'll see in the missions. And for all Soviet aircraft too. I've been doing this for the campaigns in IL-2 1946 but now it's impossible.

I was just talking about skins for the other pilots in the players unit 3./JG52. I had done this for my Platzschutzstaffel Pitomnik mission pack and it improved the atmosphere of the missions a lot. It's also not that much work, because you can always use the same skin template and just add different numbers and change a few minor details.

• Upvote 1

From my point of view it's a bad decision. All aircraft must have a number or none of them. When you operate with units from other groups and your planes have numbers, but they are not, it looks bad.

An alternative, at least for the Luftwaffe, could be unnumbered Gruppen skins that show the unit emblem and can be used for all aircraft from this unit. It's probably too late for the "Ten Days of Autumn" campaign, but maybe this could be an idea for future campaigns and also the career mode.

I hope, as previously mentioned, that the system will be contructed so that it allows users to substitute their choice of skins for the aircraft - the only way to get truly historical skins for the German aircraft. For some of us that is important.

Edited by kendo

From my point of view it's a bad decision. All aircraft must have a number or none of them. When you operate with units from other groups and your planes have numbers, but they are not, it looks bad.

Dear sir,

i think that here are many talented skin creators - maybe one way is use their experiences and skins put to your campaigns. Im sure that this people dont want any money for their job and they will be happy that they can participate in this beautifull game. 

Have a nice day

This will depend on your interest in the current campaign

I should be getting it today, so consider me interested  :salute:

Pre-ordered! :biggrin:

I like where this is going.

Congrats Jason and all involved! :clapping: 

Pre-ordered. Just what I need to tempt me over to the dark side (no offence to my Luftwaffe cannon fodder ;)!)