Photo

Gore option

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 04 February 2017 - 15:18

Realistic behavior of flight dynamics without fully simulated environment and it's objects properties is boring. All aspect of combat should be implemented if can, but not exaggerated.

#42 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted 04 February 2017 - 15:30

I am certain it will come when mods on mode is implemented. That is like one of the biggest things. When mods come I think the first few will be just like the other games... Swastikas, Gore, Sounds, Textures, Tits on the dashboard. It's all coming guys just have to be patient.

Signature.jpg

#43 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 04 February 2017 - 16:15

Diversity is what makes us strong :-)

#44 Heathpete

Heathpete

Posted 04 February 2017 - 19:48

Diversity is what makes us strong :-)

That is a very valid statement and I agree whole heartedly.

I just don't see it as something that should ever be seen or wanted in the stock game. As for mods........well if it's possible and it's what some people want then it is going to happen. Just so long as it doesn't appear in game without choice.

#45 Heathpete

Heathpete

Posted 05 February 2017 - 00:37

Realistic behavior of flight dynamics without fully simulated environment and it's objects properties is boring. All aspect of combat should be implemented if can, but not exaggerated.

Surely an aircraft going down in flames or falling apart is an accurate enough representation of combat success or failure. Else where do we stop? Do we just want copious amounts of blood or should we have a reasonable depiction of a burnt and charred pilot too? Then we would would need accurate recordings of 20yo's screaming for their mothers over the RT as they die a horrendously gruesome death. That is no exaggeration but just the realities of air combat.

Yes we know that death occurs as part of this simulation but there's really no valid reason for it's brutal depiction. Less than a week ago I had to wrestle with a naked ice addict who had half of his large intestine hanging out due to multiple massive self inflicted injuries. I can't unsee that but I can chose to not see 'gore' in a flight simulator.

Sorry for the rant but I just see it as macabre that anyone would choose to do so.

#46 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 05 February 2017 - 22:58

Surely an aircraft going down in flames or falling apart is an accurate enough representation of combat success or failure. 

This

I've never understood the "I want blood and guts!" notion.

Over and over again we refute it, and there's always someone else piping up trying to convince us that it will add to our experience.

Uhh....no.

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg                                                                  post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

#47 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted 06 February 2017 - 00:46

By the same logic I could say I don't understand why people would want to simulate killing people at all. We fly around killing people in planes, tanks, boats, trucks, trains, buildings and running from artillery emplacements in fields. I've spent more than three years of my life in a war zone. I've seen more body parts and shredded corpses than I ever wanted to see (which was none to begin with). I honestly don't care about a gore option one way or another. Nobody could make it realistic in this game anyway it will most likely look cartoonish like in '46. Either way I don't see it as anything to cry about or pass judgement on others over. Not everyone draws the line of what is offensive in the same place. It is a game after all. I'm sure a lot of kids want to see some fake blood splat when they shoot up someone's cockpit like in Doom or Wolfenstein 3d or whatever the hell kids play these days.
Signature.jpg

#48 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:21

My take on this is that there are two ways you could represent "blood and gore" in a PC game: realistic or cartoon.

Realistic B&G that simulated RL wounds would indeed be thought unpleasant my most players (including me) and lead the game to have various ratings/censorship problems.

Cartoon B&G generally is usually less unpleasant since it obviously is not "real" and can be used with comic effect, in ways that make some games more fun. Take the OTT decapitation visuals in Skyrim as an example. 

The problem for Il-2 is that the game tries to achieve a realistic standard in graphics and simulated behaviour, so cartoonish B&G would look out of place. 

The Mods on mode is the obvious answer. As someone who has used a little modded in cartoonish B&G in a tongue in cheek RoF video, I can see why people might want it, but I think leaving it out of the base game is surely the only sensible course of action for the team. 

Edited by unreasonable, 06 February 2017 - 07:19.

Nullius in verba

#49 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:44

End result of most combat will leave one side in horrible health condition, this is price of victory, soure but there is no other way. This psychological condition can be simulated by blood and gore but how PPL respond to it depends of what type of human you are. Joy, proud, duty, one my have deeper thoughs, one can see how it was terryfing to be a good fighter pilot.

We play to pretend or not..?

Edited by 307_Tomcat, 06 February 2017 - 06:51.

#50 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:10

This is a flight sim - go satisfy your gore fettish elsewhere

Who the [Edited] are you to tell me that, you don't know nothing about me, let me remind you this is CFS- COMBAT FLIGHT SIM! , go play yours pink toys in flight sim. Well Word is full of that short minded persons like you, I feel sorry for you. And I really do and can :)

Enough of that.

Edited by Bearcat, 07 February 2017 - 02:20.

#51 Trooper117

Trooper117
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:55

I'm playing a game, trying to simulate flying, completing objectives etc...

During the course of that I meet enemy aircraft and try to bring them down without being brought down myself... at no stage am I trying to kill or severely wound a person, or in fact, trying to get a glimpse of his blood and snot all over the canopy. 

I get my satisfaction from completing an objective and returning to my airfield and making a successful landing... that's it. Absolutely no need to see blood sprayed and smeared all over the shop.

There are plenty of games out there that can give people the idea that it's great or somehow realistic, to have blood pain and suffering portrayed for their viewing pleasure... this game is not one of them, thankfully.

#52 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 13:53

Frankly I don't need it personally but I understand why some would like to have that realism option. Nothing wrong with that and for me is fine to, but some are acting like virgins who are about to loose they virtue.

#53 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 16:30

Who the fu$&k are you to tell me that, you don't know nothing about me, let me remind you this is CFS- COMBAT FLIGHT SIM! , go play yours pink toys in flight sim. Well Word is full of that short minded persons like you, I feel sorry for you. And I really do and can :)

I know that despite this matter being raised over and over again over what is now many years, and it being rebuffed over and over again over what is now many years, including very recently - you're the guy still typing about it.
Is there something else I need to know?
It's like the tired swastika thing.
No it's not happening - move on.

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg                                                                  post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

#54 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 17:30

You shuld know that I never started thread about it, but I don't like how you thrashing others ideas about it. If you find present situation fine just [Edited] and give others room to express they free will and ideas. Any way it's not you who decide. You can always welcome to Simply say: I don't like it becouse I like teeds beers.

Enough of that.

Edited by Bearcat, 07 February 2017 - 02:19.

#55 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 06 February 2017 - 19:38

WTDnnwE.gif

#56 Heathpete

Heathpete

Posted 06 February 2017 - 21:28

WTDnnwE.gif

I love that Gif but it's not realistic without gore enabled. :P

Sorry but I couldn't help myself. I have expressed my opinion as have others as is their right. Now I shall shut up and move on!

Edited by Heathpete, 06 February 2017 - 21:28.

#57 II/JG17_HerrMurf

II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Founder

Posted 07 February 2017 - 00:35

I don't mind gore in FPS as it is close combat. It serves no real purpose in a flight sim. I'd rather continue to be bold knights of the air as people who didn't know better envisioned pilots at the time.

If the argument against expanding to the Western Front is simply the Luftwaffe was overwhelmed and defeated then there is absolutely no reason to ever go back to the late war Eastern Front either. 

Falcon NW Talon, Z97 Ranger, Intel i5 4670, 32 gb RAM, nVidia GTX 780ti, Hotas Warthog with 10cm extension, MFG Crosswind, Track ir5, 42" Sharp TV/Monitor 60 hrz, Self designed PVC center mount cockpit, PVC collective for DCS helicopters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users