Old Il2 flyers reunion.

I started with the demo in 2001 as BPO6_Panp, changed from Birds of prey to the FS ~ Squad as FS~ Panp when warclouds shut down,

Great fights in War clouds!

Good to see a lot of the old hands here 😄 

On 4/18/2020 at 10:33 PM, Eldur said:

Who does not miss RBJ with his legendary trim on a slider that made him an ace? rdlaugh.png

That unibrow dude in the red sweater with the massive headphones in his sig was Super Greg BTW

Damn that's almost 20 years ago now...

RBJ lol and AFJ=GoodNight 

I still have the vid ACE Hatin with VMF 214 Pappy. still laugh every time I see it, had to load it to youtube for you guys lol https://youtu.be/9iLlvEnPqkc

Soo fricken funny 😆

Just a few of the names in that mission

Tak_0_Tak

MatLock

Tequila

Kwik

Bullshark 71

VS=Klunk

Edited by 69th_Panp
58 minutes ago, 69th_Panp said:

I started with the demo in 2001 as BPO6_Panp, changed from Birds of prey to the FS ~ Squad as FS~ Panp when warclouds shut down,

Great fights in War clouds!

Good to see a lot of the old hands here 😄 

RBJ lol and AFJ=GoodNight 

I still have the vid ACE Hatin with VMF 214 Pappy. still laugh every time I see it, had to load it to youtube for you guys lol https://youtu.be/9iLlvEnPqkc

Soo fricken funny 😆

Just a few of the names in that mission

Tak_0_Tak

MatLock

Tequila

Kwik

Bullshark 71

VS=Klunk

Pappy could be a pill sometimes........... well most times... LOL

25 minutes ago, 361st_Hoss said:

Pappy could be a pill sometimes........... well most times... LOL

So was the other (not you) Beowulf.

Among other quirks, he used to hunt down/target certain people all the time with the external camera. 

I wasn’t one of them, but I got tired of it and I started doing it to him, which he didn’t like as much. 

• Haha 1

Hi all. Like most others, life got in the way. In a good way - kids, more study, job changes, plus I took up cycling. If I had time and space though, I would love to play again. Everything looks incredible. 

Great to see bird_brain again after all these years. He did so much to get people understanding and using the FMB to make all the great campaigns. That game inspired and enabled some incredible creativity. 

leitmotiv was always a fun guy to read. LowFlyer, too. Hell, the old Ubi forum was my virtual social group for a while. 

• Like 4

Hey Troop. It’s been years. I haven’t played any games at for years. Don’t even own a gaming-capable PC anymore. I have a little 2 year old boy now though so hopefully I can get him interested when he’s older. Have to wait for one of my daughters to move out so I can take over her room. The timing should just about work 

12 hours ago, 361st_Hoss said:

LOL, I remember............... one reason for the name change................

LOL

...and also never a "good kill" etc when you killed him (which I did a lot) he'd just disconnect immediately without a word.

10 hours ago, FlatSpinMan said:

Great to see bird_brain again after all these years. He did so much to get people understanding and using the FMB to make all the great campaigns. That game inspired and enabled some incredible creativity. 

I was thinking no one remembered, haha. It’s good to see you here too.

I found out ShamrockOneFive used to be Icefire back in the day. He wrote a bunch of campaigns too. All the old hands are still kicking around here and there. Extreme_one dropped in here at some point too. 

I remember that once I posted a tutorial on how to make a campaign on Mission4Today I didn’t make any more, because so many were getting made I didn’t have to. I wish it would get that way again...

Was iamlmc then MC and finally ended up as JG27-MC. Started flying again a couple days ago... Was grounded since 2009.

PS: Hi AD and RudeRaptor! (Very) long time no see... I am Flying Combat Box by Red Flight Server (which is very War Clouds alike) and the Finnish VirtualPilots Server.

Hi,

I just saw this post. I don't get on the forums all that often, but I' thought I'd chime in on this particular thread.

I started flying online back in the days of MS Fighter Ace as JV44HeinzBar.  Moved on to Jane's WW2 fighter and European Air War. I flew IL2 Sturmovik as soon as it was released on Hyperlobby. A couple of years go by and I eventually end up being a major mission designer for Warclouds, which had a substantial following on Hyperlobby. From the beginning, my callsign was JV44HeinzBar and continues to this day.

I made a lot friends online. I miss a lot of the old hands that flew online nearly 15 years ago on Warclouds and Forgotten Skies. I now fly on Combat Box (mostly) when time allows. However, I'm thinking of exploring the Finnish Server, which I hear, has a nice dynamic campaign. If anyone remembers me, I'd love to hear back from you. Perhaps, some of the old hands would like to get together and fly with/against each other. It's all fun in the end.

• Like 3

I’m sure all the old builders remember, bb. 
the campaigns were a lot of fun to make and to play. I remember being so excited to play the one where you learn to fly in a Hurricane. It was so simple in retrospect but at the time I was just enthralled. Then people like you started getting fancy, putting little work crews around bases, adding smoke to factories etc. 

9 hours ago, FlatSpinMan said:

Hey Troop. It’s been years. I haven’t played any games at for years. Don’t even own a gaming-capable PC anymore. I have a little 2 year old boy now though so hopefully I can get him interested when he’s older. Have to wait for one of my daughters to move out so I can take over her room. The timing should just about work 

By the time you get back to it VR will have matured to the point of where you left off in 2D monitors.

Forget about TIR just jump straight into VR and be amazed.

Remember the part in Matrix where Morpheus is talking to Neo saying that all his life he'd been searching for something, well VR is it.

Edited by Georgio
9 hours ago, FlatSpinMan said:

The timing should just about work 

Hey and big :salute: FSM.   Many congrats on having sprog no. 3!!!

8 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

I found out ShamrockOneFive used to be Icefire back in the day.

Yeah, it ook me a while to work out that Icefire had turned himself into a budget Irish airline!:)

• Haha 1

VR must be incredible. I’ve never even tried a demo of it. 

DangerDogz - thanks, man. Going back to little little kids was a bit of a change, but he’s lovely. He watches far more appealing stuff than my daughters, too. Boys and girls are different from the get go. 

22 minutes ago, FlatSpinMan said:

Same here mate... never tried it.

One day, when it's much cheaper maybe I'll give it a go, but I'm an old dinosaur, only got a part time job now so have limited funds and need to be able to see my keyboard and switches, lol!

• Like 1

It is great to find some of the people I flew in the old IL-2 days (mainly @WarClouds server via HyperLobby). Here are some of you that I clearly remember:

There are other names that somewhat really rings the bell but I am just not 100% sure… after all, since my recent comeback, it was 11 years ago...

~S~

Edited by M-C
2 hours ago, FlatSpinMan said:

It is. If you get it set up and working, you will have trouble going back to flying on a flat screen again.

The peripheral vision and depth perception not only changes the experience visually, but it is totally different to fly in formation, chase an enemy AC, shoot, etc.  

On 6/18/2020 at 10:32 PM, 69th_Panp said:

Hey MC 

long time no see, good to see you back

Thank you, Sir!

It is being a harsh & though experience to say the least... 🥴 I am being pulverized from the skies by virtually anybody. For some reason I am just unable to spot aircraft in the air which is becoming very frustrating and it is driving me nuts. 😵

You know the drill: Frustration = Less discipline & poor tactics = Being killed even more often 😄

~S~

Hey, MC !!!  Wow, it's great to hear from you !!  JG27 is still flying and we would just be tickled to death if you can drag your dusty plane out of the hanger.

We fly on Wednesdays about 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Savings Time on the EU Official server.

Salute, my friend !!!!

AD

1 hour ago, JG27*AD said:

Hey, MC !!!  Wow, it's great to hear from you !!  JG27 is still flying and we would just be tickled to death if you can drag your dusty plane out of the hanger.

We fly on Wednesdays about 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Savings Time on the EU Official server.

Salute, my friend !!!!

AD

Howdy,  AD! I have replied to your message but got it all wrong lol... I might actually make it since it's going to be 04:00 PM (GMT/Zulu Time) on my side . 😁

~S~

On 6/17/2020 at 11:48 PM, FlatSpinMan said:

Hi all. Like most others, life got in the way. In a good way - kids, more study, job changes, plus I took up cycling. If I had time and space though, I would love to play again. Everything looks incredible. 

Nice to see you checking in FSM!  I was hoping you and the family were well.  :)

On 6/18/2020 at 11:53 AM, Trooper117 said:

Same here mate... never tried it.

One day, when it's much cheaper maybe I'll give it a go, but I'm an old dinosaur, only got a part time job now so have limited funds and need to be able to see my keyboard and switches, lol!

I'm surprised to be honest.

If you have a reasonable rig which I'm sure you will have, pick up a Rift S from Argos for £400 and wonder why you didn't get into it earlier.

Remember what  I said about the searching for something, well that something for me was to get as close to sitting in a cockpit, flying and fighting i.e. total immersion and VR gives you that 100 times more than any 2D monitor can even with TIR and 4K resolution.

I was just going to add that one flyer who I always loved going co-op with on HL was Crop-Duster, anyone know what happened to him?

Started flying EAW, joined JG77 and flew as II/JG77-BlackWulf2 for years, then when IL2 first came out (Demo) and then the full game members fell away, I eventually joined 123UK Squad and kept the the name BlackWulf2  which then became 123-Wulf.

For personal reasons I drifted away and now have returned to the new Il2, trying to get back some of my old abilities but I've a long way to go yet, taking it easy and feeling my way for now.

Nice to see some of you Old Timers still here 😀

HeinzBar( Seth)  nice to see you still about m8, hope those pesky bears are keeping out of your sheds!

Edited by 123-Wulf
  • Like 1

I'm still around and still have the old girl installed and running from time to time, usually after I've gotten aggravated with this or DCS LOL

A bunch of names I still have access too, I made a Private group on FB a few years ago of the old emails that I had collected, from Moderating the UBI Zoo, and I gleaned out the well behaved Pilots/Forum members and invited them to it.

There are plenty more than I had collected, and some of the guys added them to it.

If your not there yet, then you must of been a PIA LOL

Or just terribly shy 😜

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

It's nice to see that you are all still around, old lions !!!

"Never in the history of flight simulators did so many owe so much to so few!"

But has it really been all this time ..?

And, the best part is that we also survived Facebook, Instagram etc. etc.

-Flytitus here !-

Since the glorious days of EAW ... yes, I was the one who punctually ended up in the center of your collimators and excavated large smoking craters all over the place.

A virtual hug to all of you!

-Over-

Started way back in 99 with the EAF...call sign was EAF92_Puffman, then got 602 formed within EAF ...been with them since ( well had a few year break and formed 602RAF then returned back into the fold) flew just about every sim there is/was lol , nice see some old names in here. Trooper...was that your call sign in EAF 19? I remember Alfie, but I am getting older 🤪

Edited by 602EAF_Puff
17 hours ago, 602EAF_Puff said:

Trooper...was that your call sign in EAF 19? I remember Alfie, but I am getting older 🤪

Yep... always had the same name Trooper117 right from the start of my flight sim days, and in every game that I play. Never found the need or wanted to change it, lol!

I was in 19 sqn with Swoop, Ming, Kristorf, Alfie and the rest of the crew... Kristorf was our skin maker and did a wizard job.

Edited by Trooper117

I have been 

Skunk

438_Skunk and

Skunkmeister on the AAA forums when mods were first beginning.

Bought the whole shebang of Il2 FB AEP and Pacific Fighters in 2003 or 2004. Played for years, then skins and then maps. Retired the name after I dropped my last skin at M4T years ago.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:47 AM, JG7_RudeRaptor said:

JG7 been around since the original IL-2 demo days. Winter of 2001 with X_Man. 🙂

My call signs:

JG7_ME262u1

JG7_Sith

JG7_RudeRaptor 

Flew with JG27 guys for a bit. JG27_RudeRaptor 

:salute:

• Like 1