TwoLate

Old Il2 flyers reunion.

2 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Is he still alive. I know his health was deteriorating some years ago 

As far as I know he is........ 

• Thanks 1

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Box art.jpg

I've been flying as Lupus since this was released in Europe in December of 2006.  In fact, I ordered and had shipped across the pond a European version of the game because I didn't want to wait on the March release of this title in the US.  I flew with 2 different squads and ran my own for a short time.  USN, JG-53, and RAF-65.

I've thoroughly enjoyed IL-2 GB so far, although I will admit, I miss carrier landings and being able to fly the Corsair.

13 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Cryptic post above makes me wonder, where's Elwood from WoP????  Cool dude.

Not that anyone might care but I've always been Stoopy since 2002.  Mostly JG300-Stoopy as part of a fearsome and stinky squad of virtual Wilde Saunen in JG300 (for CFS3) and then later, WS/JG300 in IL2 1946, since there was already that "other" squad with the same name in that sim (fine buncha folks they are though!).  

Good reason why reputation and sportsmanship is always of paramount importance - many of us will be playing together for many years to come, I hope!

Sometimes I get misty about those memories - so as it's Friday, a toast to my past fellow friends and foes of the JG300 Swines, "Stinkin' Up The Place.... with Sty'le!"

🍺🍺 

Like to know, are you the guy that did made the 25 page of CFS3 tips&hints. I did made a printout and did used it to improve the OFF3 game as most of that T&H where still being valid in 2008/9 on my old computer. 

Wow, memory lane. I know of three old members and friends who have since passed away...Chris Ottinger (MkIV), Cliff Stokes (he was a tail-gunner in Lancs) and Joe Worsely (flew B-29s over Japan).

The original Il2 was the game-changer for me, after everything from SWotL. I was on the beta test team and am proud to have my name in the credits in the printed manuals for Il2 and FB (a little spot in geek niche history, lol). I also fondly recall spanking ViKs out of the sky and helping expose his clan of hackers. Lol. 
The late nineties and early twenties were the high watermark of online WW2 air-combat simming.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Like to know, are you the guy that did made the 25 page of CFS3 tips&hints. I did made a printout and did used it to improve the OFF3 game as most of that T&H where still being valid in 2008/9 on my old computer. 

@Dutch2 - Geez, you are an old hand aren't you?  :)  If you mean the one that focused on the graphic settings and downloads for improvements, and constant use of FRAPS with the goal of getting a whopping 35fps or so out of CFS3, then yes, that's me, guilty as charged. 

I'm flattered that not only you remember it and got some use out if it, but that you also printed all that!  I went looking for it just now and it seems the whole CFS3 section it was in has been wiped out without archiving, so better save those papers in case CFS3 or OFF3 ever make a raging comeback!  😁

But yeah that's the spot, at least our old squad public forum hasn't been wiped out yet...  http://com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=32

Cheers!

🍺<----- social distancing----->🍺

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
  • Like 1

I was “Bulletcatcher” when IL2 first came out. Was offline when my desktop crapped out around 2005. Didn’t buy another until almost two years ago just to play this game when I retired. Game is everything I expected, even more. Love TC. Never thought that would happen! 

B77944AC-5E4C-453D-BFBB-17667AE992E6.jpeg

Still have all my old IL2 disks.

Anyone else go back to ICI Warbirds?

I started in 1995 and was paying $2.00 an hour to shoot up the skies for awhile there. hehe

[WOOF]SirWibble back in the day.

Used to host in Coop missions all the time and lots of fond memories,

Some people i remember are 'apeoftheyear' 'Ament777' and a lot of ITAF & JG26 tags.

And an old boy named Wurzel who made fantastic missions and hosted them.

Been getting a few of the lads back into it since EMG and PWCG.

Greetings gents (and ladies of course),

Before getting to my boring storing, I'm not sure how many of you heard the news a while back that:   303_kwiatek passed away.

I remember seeing the name in the old il2 series, and seeing his contributions in the many discussions here on the forum.

I only bring it up on here, because many of the old hands may remember the name, and may be recent additions to the il2 box family

Now for my boring story, my brother got me into the old il2 series (I started out when it was il2-1946), I only played online where my name was like it still is "novicebutdeadly" (though I have noticed a few people having copied it in this series.... :rtfm:)

I still remember my first online flight in the old il2 series, not realising that it was colour team blue versus colour team red  (and I was on red team) as opposed to the traditional Axis versus Allies, 

and so I tried to shoot down a team mate in a spit (I was maybe in a 109 but I can't remember), because I was used to red meaning enemy aircraft.... luckily much like now I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn :blush:

I don't play online as much as the old series, for reasons best left to someone who knows more about computers than me,

because ping and packet loss (?) in the current series pretty much mean that I can't play on any server with a ping of more than 200 (unlike the old il2 series) :(

Perhaps asked & answered...what became of Oleg after CloD anyhow? I rthink emember him being a minor part of an abortive WW-2 8th AF sim that never appeared that I think he was involved in near the initial release of BoS.

4EczG3I.png

Posted (edited)
On 12/11/2017 at 8:38 PM, Jaws2002 said:

I bought a PC world magazine, back in fall 2001, because it had the IL-2 demo. The download was to much for the 14.5k modem i had back then.

After crashing that P-39 a few times in that intercept mission, i was hooked.

Was playing on Ubi.com lobby for about four months, until I discovered Hyperlobby.

Was Jaws2002 for a wjile, then played with Forgotten Assassins for a while as -=FA=-Jaws, then after the mods madness back as Jaws2002.

This days, between all versions of the game I play maybe two hours a month.

I flew with and got shot down by most of you here in this thread.:)

It's been an honor.

Hi Jaws!  Formerly Forgotten Assassins -=FA=- RaVeN here  😁.

Wow lots of familiar faces looks like the sim is alive and well looking forwarded to flying again.

Edited by NR_RaVeN
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, NR_RaVeN said:

Hi Jaws!  Formerly Forgotten Assassins -=FA=- RaVeN here  😁.

Wow lots of familiar faces looks like the sim is alive and well looking forwarded to flying again.

Hey RaVeN!    

IAR-81 is still the coolest plane ever! mockface.gif.40c64bce0758480e1210a67fa971872f.gif

Edited by Jaws2002

Posted (edited)

Was  =AFJ=JaMz, still JaMz :)

don't see any of those cats anymore, had some great days in 46 with them.

Edited by JaMz
  • Upvote 1

On 3/20/2020 at 10:00 PM, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Mostly JG300-Stoopy as part of a fearsome and stinky squad of virtual Wilde Saunen in JG300

Gee Stoopy, your squad-meetings must have been brutal!

Wilde Saunen = wild saunas

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

I was literally a kid when I started playing this game. I must have been about 9 or 10 when I started playing in 2005-2006? I'm 23 now, and always flown under the Callsign AndytotheD, though I think Steam might use something different.

2 hours ago, Jaws2002 said:

Hey RaVeN!    

IAR-81 is still the coolest plane ever! mockface.gif.40c64bce0758480e1210a67fa971872f.gif

HAaa especially when your in it from what I remember...🗯️💥🗯️ yikes.

4 minutes ago, NR_RaVeN said:

HAaa especially when your in it from what I remember...🗯️💥🗯️ yikes.

Not anymore. I didn't go online in over three years. 

You know ...while waiting for the Pacific version of Great Battles( it'll be a while,I'm sure) the much modded SAS B.A.T .Pacific  War is actually pretty good with much improved aircraft,ships & cockpits & very easy to install!

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?board=264.0

downlffffoad.jpg

• Like 1

My problem with old IL 2 is it can only read 3 usb control cards. I have to disable some hardware in order to get rudder stick and throttle to work there. After reconnecting the hardware to fly elsewhere the hardware has change name on the other games like joy 1 became joy 0 and I have to reconfigure everything. 
shame really. I miss campaigns on that game 

Posted (edited)

S!

I used to play often hyperlobby 2002-2005 some FB and 1946 to a lesser amount was BadAndy, GWR_BadAndy and JZG_Schmidt mostly flew LW. Was active in VEF for a bit. I was just 18 back then so about double that now 😀 Just got back into it with quarantine and all--holy smokes game(s) are amazing--plan to fly mostly allied!😁 Definitely recognize some callsigns in the thread!

I'd like to know more about the modding community for original IL2 if that is still active?  

Edited by Badandy
add info

On 11/26/2016 at 12:11 AM, SvAF/F19_Klunk said:

oh how about the Mysterious unibrow ;)

Who does not miss RBJ with his legendary trim on a slider that made him an ace? rdlaugh.png

That unibrow dude in the red sweater with the massive headphones in his sig was Super Greg BTW

Damn that's almost 20 years ago now...

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Well well,   consider me shocked!    I'm seeing names in here that I NEVER thought I would run across again.   

I was with the first iteration of VMF-214 when it formed for CFS2 in 2001;  did a little time with IMS then finished up with AH before quitting for good in 08.  

I thought I saw Tagert's name in some of my forum shuffling tonight and thought I would choke to death.   He flew with us in 214 for a while and then everyone just... disappeared.   Pappy, HaVok and Impala are the only ones whose whereabouts are known to me today.  A couple of us spend our days wasting time on World of Warships where I play as TenaciousTanaka.   

I've been fighting the urge to get back into flying since IL2: BOS first came out but since Bodenplatte...... well,  I've lost the fight and decided to reequip, get ready and try it.  
Mercy... I hope the excitement of days long ago and the awesomeness of the DIAPERLOBBY is still alive!    

Some here may remember Pappy and his ever present... mouth.  (lol)     He bashed together an interesting video years ago after  we won a Ghostskies tournament.  Yeah,  it is dated but, my lord, those were some great times.    

Edited by Olander

Oh man!  There are a ton of familiar names here.  I picked up IL-2 when it came out in Canada in 2001 (after reading about it in a magazine somewhere).  Before that I played Jane's WWII Fighters, a little European Air War and a lot of modded Red Baron 3D.  I mostly played IL-2 offline for the first few years but started dabbling in online play around 2003-2004 as Fafnir_6 (the "6" comes from my favorite Sturmbock Fw190A-5 skin in old IL-2).  I remember well the raucous threads in the old Ubizoo and later the banana forums.  I'm Fafnir_6 everywhere now and fly in IL-2 1946, IL-2 BoX, Rise of Flight and DCS.

Cheers and happy hunting,

Fafnir_6

Posted (edited)

Dug this up from the old IL2 days, Sadly most of the guys who helped to film it have passed on now.

Edited by 1./KG4_Blackwolf

On 11/25/2016 at 10:33 PM, Aufpassen said:

Aufpassen!

aka

EAF19_Alfie

Hi there everybody :)

Hi...its Mich from GH :-)

Rhyn0 Checking in.

I used to fly during the days of VEF, VWF, Bellum war etc either as Rhyn0, D13-th_Rhyn0 or DG_Rhyn0

My 63 streak in one of the online wars is still my proudest moment ( never died as our squadron withdrew to protest unbalanced planseset i think).

o7

On 4/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, Badandy said:

'd like to know more about the modding community for original IL2 if that is still active?  

SAS

I started flying Il2 in 2007, first it was Forgotten battles and a few months later, 1946 came out.

I flew mostly online on the Skies Of Valor server.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Posted (edited)

I first heard about IL2 on Thanksgiving eve 2001 and immediately acquired the “demo” mentioned in a gaming mag.  Soon thereafter I learned of the multiplayer group run by none other than Jason Williams and his 777 Squadron and hitched a ride with them as “Redburn” (my Mechwarrior persona at the time) flying P-39’s and such.  After a short while, I moved over to Deacon’s 352nd Fighter Group, changed my callsign to “Oscar” and have been there ever since.  I’ve flown thousands of hours of multiplayer with so many groups and people I can’t remember them all - some are still with us, and others, unfortunately, are not and I miss them for sure - 19 years is a long time!  I wouldn’t trade any of that time for anything.  Thanks Oleg and Jason!

Edited by 352ndOscar

5 hours ago, Mich said:

Hi...its Mich from GH 🙂

Hi there Mich, good to see you here too. It sure is a long time ago. Unfortunately I am not flying much at the moment. but I do follow the forums. If you intend to fly online or even perhaps join a squad, give me a shout. I'll try and join.

Again, nice to hear from you,

Alfie formerly AKA GH_Aufpassen!

Does someone remember the old VOW2 times? I was flying there with the 76.IAP and the 88.IAP together with "Schuetz" damn, where is he, would be great to meet these guys again

I miss the VOW times alot .. was such a great time 

• Upvote 1

I used to be Panik I think.

Part of the Combat Devils clan/organisation.

CD_Panik

I wonder how Lietmotiv is going.  Or Megile, Breeze, Lowflyer or Pingu666.  

310th_Diablo.  Its been 777_Diablo too  way back.  I really miss the comradery of the old days. 

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

Wow, have not heard about Pingu in a long time.

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Lowflyer!  :biggrin:

Posted (edited)

With the exception of a couple of years for medical reasons, I’ve been in IL-2 since the leaked demo.  First, for about 6 months, as “Redburn” with Jason Williams and his 777 Squadron, then I moved over to the 352nd Fighter Group.  Been there ever since.  From Then to now, so many battles, so many friends, all to many to remember but all part of my memories.

Edited by 352ndOscar

On 4/27/2020 at 12:43 AM, Feathered_IV said:

Megile was wooed away by a woman he met - or at least it seemed. I used to p1ss him off, by sending MSN rrrrrrings when he was trying to own people in some FPS 😂

I wonder if that's what drove him away :crazy:

I got the first IL2 game in 2001 I think or was it 2002. I used to post on the forums too, a bit. I think I was Luftcaca back then, not sure.