JimTM

IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual

This manual is an outstanding work. Very well structured and easy to navigate. When working with the editor I have always an Adobe window with the manual open. I went through a lot of it, and still I miss information that I find later was there. I have yet to go through server, multiplayer stuff which I have not yet studied. Just passed my first degree. The server, and multiplayer will be for the Il2 university doctoral exam later on :biggrin:. Let's be honest this manual is the Il2 bible. I felt an obligation after using it so much to give Jim a very respectful thanks and multiple kudos for this incredible work.

• Thanks 1

A small question to Jim. I use the 

that can be downloaded above.

I have also an extract of the the Draft Extract of the FME Manual in which you have the chapters to create a campaign that is a sequence of single missions. But when I look at the page numbers or at the chapter names I cannot find them in the IL2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual.pdf .  The document format is identical between the two documents so I thought the second was an extract of the other, but it does not seem so.

Am I missing the FME manual, and if so where can it be downloaded. Thanks

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

A small question to Jim. I use the 

that can be downloaded above.

I have also an extract of the the Draft Extract of the FME Manual in which you have the chapters to create a campaign that is a sequence of single missions. But when I look at the page numbers or at the chapter names I cannot find them in the IL2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual.pdf .  The document format is identical between the two documents so I thought the second was an extract of the other, but it does not seem so.

Am I missing the FME manual, and if so where can it be downloaded. Thanks

FME stands for Full Mission Editor and the FME manual (aka the "mission editor manual") is available from your link above or the link in the opening post of this thread.

The Draft Extract comes from a work-in-progress update to the mission editor manual, which is not yet available.

Edited by JimTM

1 hour ago, JimTM said:

The Draft Extract comes from a work-in-progress update to the mission editor manual, which is not yet available.

Where is my flight jacket... I feel a draft. 🤨

In the opening post, I resaved the English-language sample missions for v3.101.  @-=PHX=-Trenkos, let me know if you have an updated Spanish version of the missions that you would like me to post.