-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Patch 2.005 Second Joystick not recognized in game

When updated with patch 2.005 I found that my second joystick (which I use for throttle) doesn't respond to commands. This only happens while flying, as in the Key Mapping menu I can assign controls to it and the game recognizes the inputs... When I exit the menu and unpause, it doesn't do anything.  I tried restarting the game, restarting the pc, reconnecting the USB port with the game off and with the game on... the issue is still there :(

I use as well racing wheel pedals as an extra device, and those function correctly with this update. There isn't a problem with the joystick as with both Game Controller window and IL-2 1946 it works properly together with my other joystick and pedals.

Did this happen to someone else?

Edited by SuperEtendard

Same problem for me... I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, and the game recognize it randomly... sometime recognize only the Joystick, sometimens nothing at all...  :blink:

In any case, Throttle it's never recognized.

I've tried also to remap the axis while in game, with no result at all.

In the key settings, all the axis are mapped as Joy0_axis...  (as combined Thrustmaster Joystick, I use T.A.R.G.E.T. software), but only pitch and roll are recognized.

I've tried to restart the game, restart the T.A.R.G.E.T. software, restart the PC... nothing...

Need help... :(

Thx in advance

Edited by 150GCT_Pag

Same issue here.

I have realized that in the "storeddevices" file that Han talks about, in the update, that the game always identifies the joystick and throttle axes as the device it's listed under in that file despite our TARGET software making a new unified device.  My Throttle is device #1 and my Joystick is device #4, however when I run the TARGET software it changes my HOTAS to the "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller" which is listed as device #6 in the "storeddevices" file.  The buttons, when bound in game, all read "Joy6_button_x" but the axes still register as Joy1 and Joy4.  The problem is that the axes only work if I turn TARGET off, but then the button bindings don't work.

I think the game doesn't change the designation for the throttle and joystick axes, but for some reason does for the buttons.

I would recommend rebinding everything with TARGET off until this gets fixed.

I don't use target but I have no axes either. They are responsive in the key binds, but in and external to the aircraft, they do not move the control surfaces.

ummmmm

Looks similar to my issue

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25801-wrong-joystick-id-assignment-warthog-hotas/?do=findComment&comment=410403

It sets joy3 on all previous joy0 on startup, when I want to reconfigure it however it shows me joy0 again in the assignwindow. So it sets joy3 to what was joy0 before and what is still joy0 nonetheless.

Reinstalling didn't solve the issue... out of options don't know what to do anymore :wacko:

What you can do is manually edit the current.map file and replace all wrong controls with your controller joyX (x stands for your number). then set current.map to read only. Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 1

Looks similar to my issue

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25801-wrong-joystick-id-assignment-warthog-hotas/?do=findComment&comment=410403

It sets joy3 on all previous joy0 on startup, when I want to reconfigure it however it shows me joy0 again in the assignwindow. So it sets joy3 to what was joy0 before and what is still joy0 nonetheless.

What you can do is manually edit the current.map file and replace all wrong controls with your controller joyX (x stands for your number). then set current.map to read only.

I tried your method Jordan and it didn't work for me.

I have edited all the files that Han said to with no luck either.  This does need a hotfix right away.

Hello all ! 

I had the same problem, with my TM warthog, saitek quadrant and/or MFG crosswind not being recognized in game. In fact, I could associate the axes in the settings, but they would not work in flight. 

For my part, I could fix it (following your advices, many thanks you all :) ) by first checking that both "storeddevice.txt" and "saveddevicesidentifiers.txt" are coherent between each other (same ID# for each controller in both files), and by removing any lines refering to the TM warthog separate Throttle and/or separate Joystick, only to keep the "combined" HOTAS line created by TARGET. 

After setting both files as "read only", it worked like a charm !

I really hope it can work to everybody else that have that problem, or that at least it can give some lead to a fix :)

• Upvote 1

For my part, I could fix it (following your advices, many thanks you all :) ) by first checking that both "storeddevice.txt" and "saveddevicesidentifiers.txt" are coherent between each other (same ID# for each controller in both files), and by removing any lines refering to the TM warthog separate Throttle and/or separate Joystick, only to keep the "combined" HOTAS line created by TARGET.

I had the same issue with the unified ch-control-manager. The above did the trick. Thanks. :)

What you can do is manually edit the current.map file and replace all wrong controls with your controller joyX (x stands for your number). then set current.map to read only.

After setting both files as "read only", it worked like a charm !

Thanks to both of you!!

I could fix it, and in the end two different issues were happening at the same time (quite some trial and error to figure it out). I had Jordan's problem of the game changing the map file assigning the throttle to the wrong joystick, but I  also  had the storeddevice.txt list with the wrong joystick name, the name was cut in half and lacked the last part according to Windows Controllers window, and it also reset at the start of the game with the wrong name, so when I corrected both files and had them "read only" it worked!

v3euXXu.png

So I had the same bug affecting different files... looks like two wrongs don't make a right indeed :P