Game version 2.005 discussion: Yak-1(b) series 127

No it's not mixture as that is set in the start-up sequence.

It doesn't start in the summer as there's a bug with the start-up sequence. The throttle sets to 0% instead of 15% like laGG-3 and series 69 yak. This is same M105PF engine so it should be the same.

Good find Boss!

• Upvote 1

if you actually read some of the FW 190 threads that Dev's participated in they repeatedly asked for info by PM in the format they have requested since two-three years ago...no reports were forthcoming only rudeness and shouting, most of the issues vocally complained about were proved to be not true (see the threads) so much for "feelings''

Sorry, but I will not allow this comment to stand by, as you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Not only has information been provided freely to developers and test data provided in the manner they requested for various issues (I've done it myself) - some members have even obtained data from archives personally at their own time and expense in an effort to help...only to get pissed on in the forums with comments like this. In the end, it is not up to us as paying customers to get this sim right, nor is it within our power - we can only provide data and testing and hope things improve.

It's too bad that someone posted a meme (only joking) about the FW-190 and it ruined your whole day - you could have ignored it but instead chose to turn it into a bigger issue and an opportunity for more piling on an already toxic issue.

Can some one help me? I pre-ordered BOK, and it promised me the yak 1b, just like everyone else, but it's still locked for me. I can't play it. Is there something wrong? What do I need to do?

The Yak-1B is not part of BoK.

Can some one help me? I pre-ordered BOK, and it promised me the yak 1b, just like everyone else, but it's still locked for me. I can't play it. Is there something wrong? What do I need to do?

Battle of Kuban comes with the Yak-7B. It is a heavier version of the Yak-1 series fighter that was eventually developed into the Yak-9.

See the full list of aircraft here: http://il2sturmovik.com/about/#9

For the Yak-1B you'll need to purchase that separately here: http://il2sturmovik.com/store/collector-planes/

This is the planeset of Premium BoK

yak7b.pngbf109g4.png

Yak-7B                                                                                       Bf-109 G4

p39l.pngfw190a5.png

P-39 L-1                                                                                     Fw-190A5

il2mod43ubt.pngbf110g2.png

IL-2 mod 1943                                                                                  Bf-110 G2

a20b.pnghe111h16.png

A-20B                                                                                                                                        He-111 H16

Included collector planes:

spitfire_mk_Vb.pnghs129b2.png

Spitfire mk Vb                                                                                             Hs-129 B2

Well, Shamrock ninja'd me

Yeah but that copy with all the aircraft there was a pretty good ninja comeback! :D

I also wanted to say... the Yak-1B S.127 has been a blast to fly so far. I haven't had too much time to fly but so far its been fun setting it up in some dogfight situations. Its a confidence inspiring aircraft as it can handle a lot of situations without too much drama. The firepower is what I expected it to be (it is after-all, the same as the LaGG-3s default). The visibility all around is spectacular and the squared frontal armor isn't as bad as I thought it might be. A really champion level fighter.

This is the planeset of Premium BoK

yak7b.pngbf109g4.png

Yak-7B                                                                                       Bf-109 G4

p39l.pngfw190a5.png

P-39 L-1                                                                                     Fw-190A5

il2mod43ubt.pngbf110g2.png

IL-2 mod 1943                                                                                  Bf-110 G2

a20b.pnghe111h16.png

A-20B                                                                                                                                        He-111 H16

Included collector planes:

spitfire_mk_Vb.pnghs129b2.png

Spitfire mk Vb                                                                                             Hs-129 B2

Well, Shamrock ninja'd me

I think there is confusion. The Devs said the Yak 1B will be available for BoK, not that it comes with the planeset. You can use the Yak 1B in Kuban campaign and Kuban limited planesets for server maps. 

I think there is confusion. The Devs said the Yak 1B will be available for BoK, not that it comes with the planeset. You can use the Yak 1B in Kuban campaign and Kuban limited planesets for server maps.

Exactly, and also there was a slight miscommunication in the DD two weeks ago, where it initially said, that the Yak-1B would be available only to people who had bought BoK, which of course was incorrect.

Edited by Finkeren

Oh I care, I just find it juvenile the way people carry on, if you actually read some of the FW 190 threads that Dev's participated in they repeatedly asked for info by PM in the format they have requested since two-three years ago...no reports were forthcoming only rudeness and shouting, most of the issues vocally complained about were proved to be not true (see the threads) so much for "feelings'' ...

Cheers Dakpilot

If you are so badly informed about the efforts of some serious forum members (and btw lovers of this sim series) to correct the 190 A-3 FM, you should rather be silent and refrain from writing such presumptions. And by the way the quality of the provided data sets were very good. The communication with the developer team was professional and done in a friendly tone on these occasions.

• Upvote 1

If you are so badly informed about the efforts of some serious forum members (and btw lovers of this sim series) to correct the 190 A-3 FM, you should rather be silent and refrain from writing such presumptions. And by the way the quality of the provided data sets were very good. The communication with the developer team was professional and done in a friendly tone on these occasions.

There is certainly some question over the recent data that caused such a stir with FW190 update with many asking for revert

Certainly some have been helpful, I am not questioning that, but the majority has not, more angst and bile has been spilled on ''Dev bias" than considering where the issues are

as for being presumptuous one can simply read the relevant threads in regard to FW FM history with Dev input and get the info from the 'horses mouth' so to speak.

I still contend that 'noise', rudeness and 'feelings' have hampered the help of fixing of FW FM by serious people

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 2

so how did Russian engineers manage to improve the yak1b's aerodynamic stuff?

IIRC:

- retracting tail wheel;

- more use of duralumin in wing construction (very slightly lower weight for increased rigidity)

- reduced radiator inlet cross-section (i think)

- oil cooler inlet relocated to port wing root

- lower total mass of the single Berezin UBS compared to 2 x ShKAS

- a stack of minor fuselage changes apparently

Nett result was about +30km/h on the deck and ~40s faster climb to 5k.

• 1CGS

Hello everyone,

We just released a small hotfix for input binding in case of unusual device names.

If you have not experienced this problem, there is no need to do anything.

If you encountered this problem (when you bind a command and it doesn't work) you need to do the following:

Variant 1:

1. Make sure the game is updated

2. Disconnect all controllers USB cables

3. Launch the game, go to input settings and click the 'default' button

4. Exit the game and reconnect all controllers

5. Run the game and re-assign all the commands

Variant 2:

1. Make sure the game is updated

2.Delete these files:

\data\input\current.actions

\data\input\current.devices

\data\input\current.map

\data\input\current.responses

\data\swf\il2\storage\storeddevices.txt

3. Run the game and re-assign all the commands

• Upvote 3

There is certainly some question over the recent data that caused such a stir with FW190 update with many asking for revert

Certainly some have been helpful, I am not questioning that, but the majority has not, more angst and bile has been spilled on ''Dev bias" than considering where the issues are

as for being presumptuous one can simply read the relevant threads in regard to FW FM history with Dev input and get the info from the 'horses mouth' so to speak.

I still contend that 'noise', rudeness and 'feelings' have hampered the help of fixing of FW FM by serious people

Cheers Dakpilot

Yes, I agree, but only partially. There was a huge discussion about the meaning of "fineness ratio" for example. A simple post from the devs would have cleared up so much... but nothing happened. For months. It's not entirely some individual community memebr's faults. Even if some did not present themselves in the best way, you should not make that an excuse for dev's total lack of communication to ALL. Edited by II/JG17_SchwarzeDreizehn
  • Upvote 2

Hello everyone,

We just released a small hotfix for input binding in case of unusual device names.

3. Run the game and re-assign all the commands

Holy s... remapping my all 5 peripherals all over again! Well thx anyway :-) 

Edited by 310_cibule

Holy s... remapping my all 5 peripherals all over again! Well thx anyway :-) 

If you encountered this problem (when you bind a command and it doesn't work) you need to do the following:

I am not sitting at my sim PC right now but it was reported at our forum that it works and one doesn't even have to do all the remapping. Just leave the file current.MAP (<game_folder>\data\input\) in Read only status. Update the game and uncheck the Read only status of the file before launching the game. The assigment should not change after quitting and launching the game again. It seems they really manage to fix it. Can't wait to test it.

Edited by 310_cibule
  • 1CGS

Hi,

I find some artifacts on the BF109 E7 skins (on the spinner cone, only when the propeller is turning at max revs). They are in the Default, White and No.4 winter skin. 

Can somebody check if is only me? Quick check in the skin viewer.

Regards,

Please send them to my PM box.

Cheers Dakpilot

The team will not stop improving the sim because of the words of some forum members.

Truth is it takes time to compile data (it is complex issue) and it seems it will be more efficient to work with FW190A-3 when work is being done with FW190A-5. Team has their own time frame, simple as that.

The team will not stop improving the sim because of the words of some forum members.

Truth is it takes time to compile data (it is complex issue) and it seems it will be more efficient to work with FW190A-3 when work is being done with FW190A-5. Team has their own time frame, simple as that.

Good attitude

seems you are rehabilitated, hope it spreads  :)

All everyone wants is for this hobby to flourish and gain more fans , patience, tolerance and CONSTRUCTIVE critism are what drives it forwards and creates a happy forum for good ideas to materialize

Cheers Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot

19. Ground near taxiways flattened. In addition, grass was removed from aircraft spawn points on Moscow map airfields.

Does this mean that taxiing on more narrow taxiways will be easier now since the ground nearby the taxiway does no longer make the undercarriage stuck ? and does this also apply for snowy condition ?

Just reply on my own post - from the experience I made yesterday with the E-7 I would consider taxiing on more narrow taxiways easier than before (might be an subjective impression though), however, since the former patch, taxiing in general is more easier with the 109s due to the added additional lateral friction on the wheels, whereas I found it more difficult with the 110... :(

Is the Warmed Up Engine box checked or not? If unchecked, it may take a couple tries if it is cold.

Jason

Only a problem with cold engine. It doesn't start in the summer. Pilot doesn't set throttle to 15% like laGG-3 (same engine) Edited by B0SS