Wings over Flanders Fields

I can help, if your are willing to post the screen shots and supply me with decent hardware info, if being asked.

But better is maybe to ask about this problem at the Simhq forum.

If you do have the CFS3 disc, why not try the ETO pack, it is free and further info can be found at the simouthouse forum.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php/7-CFS3-General-Discussion

Thanks Dutch.

New to running a PC so it may be a real easy solution, but would appreciate any help.

So what exactly do you need?

Thanks

First I do need to know your system CPU and Vcard.

As a sample

i7-7700k Overclocked to 4,8ghz

GTX1080 8gb

Win 10 64bit

16gb RAM

Which btw, is my system.

Ah ok sweet

i5-7600K

GTX 1060 6GB

Win 10 64bit

8gb RAM

Cheers

Your system is OK, so on that point it sounds good.

Do jou run mods, because from my own experience some mods cause fps conflicts.

Also do read this http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3891995/woff-faq-frequently-asked-questions#Post3891995

Thanks Dutch.

I'm not running any mods and it's a new install of the game.

I had a read through of the FAQ but couldn't find anything on any problems with exiting the game..  Looking through the forum there I noted that other people had had the same issue and believed it might be related to the Media player.  I've set that up as suggested but am still getting the issue.  Just very frustrating.

If it is you media player, then disable the ingame music and video. Also check if you have the stock windows media player installed. In my case I did removed it to keep my Windows lean&mean, only Woff could not be played.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dutch,

Sorry not responded to this.  I tried the game over the weekend to try and fix it and it worked fine - not a problem! 

I managed to get a good couple of hours flying the campaign without an issue and am so happy!  The game is so immersive!  The training in the campaign is very well done and nicely paced.  The weather is incredible - even though the first 4 flights doing circuits was in the pouring rain surrounded by thunderclouds.  For the fifth flight it was as the sun was coming up and there were breaks in the clouds - it was beautiful!! 

I'm looking forward to sinking many more hours into this game and encourage others to have a go!

Thanks for your assistance with this Dutch!

• 3 months later...

Just bought this yesterday, but I can't get it to run.  The game crashes as soon as it tries to load a mission.  I've contacted support but haven't found a solution yet.

Has anyone else encountered this?

-snip-

Make sure Windows Media Player is installed (more specifically, that Windows Media features are enabled in Programs/Features) and working.

If that doesn't do it, I'd head over to SimHQ and ask the WoFF community. It's small but they're an absolutely tight-knit crowd who is happy to help people get set up and running. They're a good crowd and not much like the other shitheads, conspiritards and elsewise who post there.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/374/1/wings-over-flanders-fields-technical-issues

Edited by Space_Ghost

Just bought this yesterday, but I can't get it to run. The game crashes as soon as it tries to load a mission. I've contacted support but haven't found a solution yet.

Has anyone else encountered this?

AAoRA5o.jpg

Did read your posting at Simhq. Was it solved by OBD? Edited by Dutch2

Well this have woken my interest, can someone say something about survivability for the bomber campaigns 

Survivability is tweakable via robust campaign settings in the WOFF workshop.

With toned down settings, you have an alright chance of surviving for a bit if you're careful.

With things configured historically, all campaigns have a low chance of survival as they should. Hell, I've even lost two pilots in flight school due to engine failures and bad landings.

One pilot of mine, Abelhard Fuchs, survived 30 hours... Half of which was flight school.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Survivability is tweakable via robust campaign settings in the WOFF workshop.

With toned down settings, you have an alright chance of surviving for a bit if you're careful.

With things configured historically, all campaigns have a low chance of survival as they should. Hell, I've even lost two pilots in flight school due to engine failures and bad landings.

One pilot of mine, Abelhard Fuchs, survived 30 hours... Half of which was flight school.

My pilot managed to scrape through flights school without distinction then was unfortunatley killed in action on his second sortie across the front when his wing man accidentally clipped him after breaking away from an enemy attack.

• Upvote 1

If you do like lots of action then two things are important: go to a place where a battle is raging and late at war.

If you only want to face the enjoy of flying go to a quiet front, like the mountains in Alsace and/or an early period. Believe me flying throught montains is not boring.

If flying it is always very important to know the direction to your own home front, engine failure or an ambush. Keep an close eye on your flying mates.

• 9 months later...

Hi, all....

Can anyone help with a question about WOFF. UE. please?

From what I read on their website and many online comments, you need to own a copy of Microsoft CFS-3 before you can download/install/run WOFF.UE.......I read that for the Ultimate Edition you don't have to load CFS-3, just own a copy.

This makes me think it's a licence issue only but I don't object to actually buying CFS-3 either. My problem is that I can only find it for Windows 200 M.E here in UK and not the Windows-7 version.....If I don't actually need to run the CFS-3 discs, does it matter which version you have unless I'd have to input a product code of some kind?.........I'm using Windows 10.

P.S..... I should have mentioned that much of what I've found to read about this issue is dated around 2016 so could well be irrelevant today but I don't know.

Edited by richard23

@richard23 from the WOFF.UE FAQ,  "You need to own Microsoft’s Combat Simulator 3 for licensing purposes. It is not needed to physically install but
please make sure you own a copy."  There are no codes needed and CFS3 is not required to be installed or running for WOFF to run. 

If you aren't aware, this is the main forum for WOFF 

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/372/1/Wings_Over_Flanders_Fields   

and everyone there is helpful and polite.

5 minutes ago, Cathal_Brugha said:

@richard23 from the WOFF.UE FAQ,  "You need to own Microsoft’s Combat Simulator 3 for licensing purposes. It is not needed to physically install but
please make sure you own a copy."  There are no codes needed and CFS3 is not required to be installed or running for WOFF to run. 

If you aren't aware, this is the main forum for WOFF 

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/372/1/Wings_Over_Flanders_Fields   

and everyone there is helpful and polite.

You should have MCS3  but I installed and played WOFF UE without it. I bought CD letter but never get it out of CD case.

15 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

You should have MCS3  but I installed and played WOFF UE without it. I bought CD letter but never get it out of CD case.

Thanks very much for the help, guys.

I have joined the WOFF forum but am still waiting for an admin there to approve my account before I can post.

I'm more than happy to buy MCS-3 as I'm not trying to beat the system or infringe any licencing laws, etc. I just didn't want to buy any format if I needed a specific one but now I know, I'll just pick up an old ME/2000XP disc from ebay. .........Cheers, 307-Tomcat.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo all!

It is really a great WW1-FlightSim! I have it since 4 weeks, all works fine, no problems.

Because I’m not a member at SimHQ and because I have deleted my account at facebook few months ago, I have connected  the Team about the support-E-Mail with an idea for the next patch and a question. Maybe they will answer.

The idea:

a clock gauge in the HUD (e.g. instead of climb rate or as a 6th instrument). A lot of aeroplanes haven’t had a clock in the cockpit, but the pilots have had a clock. It was important for briefing-steps, waypoints and range. The time about Z-button is not very historical and with a clock gauge in the HUD I could simulate a fast view on the clock (switch HUD on/off about F5), like I do it with the compass .

The question (maybe somebody here can answer):

When I’m in the briefing room of a campaign, I can go to the “Player Flight”. And then I can cycle the flight formation, even if I’m not the Flight leader. Do I something wrong in the settings or is it normal?

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

They are a tiny little team... that's just not going to happen.

I think it has more to do with specific knowlegde, as Ankor was (trying) getting it in DX11, only it did stopped somewhere. On the other hand, it can not deny, anno 2019 OBD needs to go further to the next level. The whole WoFF & WoTR forum are, when I visit this SimHQ forum, not that crowded anymore, I do hope that is not an indication about the games sales figures.

We getting spoiled by BoX, I guess. 

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, PaladinX said:

Yes, i upgraded. The whole sim is worth every pence and it gets better and better...

Is there really less 'haze' in PE?
That together with horrible in-flight map are two main things I don't like in previous versions including UE.
Otherwise the game is excellent for single players...   

What you mean with "haze"?

The inflight-map is the only thing i replace immediately after install, before i start the game. Search for "Nibbios Ingame Map"

Its just a .png to replace in the WOFF folder and its much better (but still far away from modern maps) - at least it does its job.

All other things are quite good for a simulator on that old base...

http://www.thatoneplease.co/mapsWOFF.html

Scroll down to Nibbios Ingame Map

Edited by PaladinX
Added Link
1 hour ago, PaladinX said:

What you mean with "haze"?

"New features":

3) Improved Scenery objects density and draw distance and reduced haze for greater distance visibility.

Never mind, just bought it :)

Thanks for the link to the map - it's surely better.

• 1 year later...

Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II releasing soon

...cause don't we all own more than just one flight sim? 

(this one for the single player WWI enthusiasts if unfamiliar with the title)

https://www.overflandersfields.com/index.html

https://www.overflandersfields.com/features.html

:salute:

(Edit: Uggh, I had to edit it because they immediately threw the new stand-alone sim into this thread instead of leaving it independent).)

Edited by Redwo1f

Still no VR, thats the only thing thats keep me away from this magnificent WW1 game. I do hope one day they will implement VorpX think that would be the easiest way to VR, as now it appears Ankor can not make it fully to DirectX11. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

Still no VR

I'm prepared to overlook that Dutch and am looking forward to its imminent release. Mind you, I don't have a VR headset anyway .... :icon_lol:

• Haha 1

I've used OFF/WoFF for years... It really puts you into a WWI aviation environment that has been lovingly crafted and created, with regular patches and improvements year in year out.

The choice of available aeroplanes is immense. The AI is the best I've seen in any sim that I own... The choices you can make in the 'workshop' to tailor your individual experience is second to none.

If I want a full blown WWI pilots career that gives me a sense of being in a squadron, trying to survive, taking leave, transferring to another squadron, whether on the western front or the home front, this is the one that puts me there.

It's not for everyone however. There are still those that turn their noses up because of it's connection to an older game series. 

I own WoFF, RoF, and FC on the WWI scene, they each have their plus and minus points, but at the moment WoFF is my go to game for WWI aviation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

If I want a full blown WWI pilots career that gives me a sense of being in a squadron, trying to survive, taking leave, transferring to another squadron, whether on the western front or the home front, this is the one that puts me there.

What he said. 😎