LLv34_Taku

Pilot exit or Disconnect should be same as Bail out

In multiplayer when player decides to alt+f4 or disconnects for whatever reason from the server the plane of that player just vanishes mid-air. This kind of behavior is nothing new in competitive multiplayer games. This solution would make this lame "tactic" useless. Leave the plane flying to AI control who immediately bails out, like it does in bomber when player who is manning a turret is killed.

This has been done in Battleground Europe to prevent players from protecting their stats or streak, works really well.

Edited by LLv34_Taku
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Online wars are won by using this tactic it seems. Destroy targets --> Vanish from battlefield by leaving the server --> Rejoin server and repeat. No need to waste time by flying back to base and no danger of losing your plane since nobody can attack the cheater.

Edited by LLv34_Taku

Fully agree. Those kind of exploits are rendering some online campaigns rather useless. Also breaks immersion, if aircraft in front of you regularly vanish in mid air. 

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*
  • Like 1

Agreed... 

This wasn't a big problem on TAW before the last campaign, but we seem to be inheriting some bad habits from bad apples =/

Sorry if I'm picking scabs of an old wound here, but...

I'd like to see, if not a global solution, at least a server option that would strip the disconnecter from his points of the sortie he/she disconnects from. Of course, sometimes people experience hardware trouble and that might be unfair to them. Still, once in a while losing your points because of a computer crash is tolerable in my opinion.

Alternatively, add a disconnect count in the score card and hang the exploiters out to dry at least... ;)

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I'm tired of losing 10 or 19 streaks because of a disconnection from a possible failure of my internet. This should be reviewed by the administrators. Maybe you just lose the points and streaks of the current sortie, but not everything that was built in a whole week.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I dont see that devs need to do anything here, guys making web stats for servers can make it so when you disconect and have no damage done to you by enemy in that sortie its considered as bailed out only, so only you airplane is lost.

But if you disconect when you have damage from enemy (in lets say atleast few minutes time before disconect) in that sortie your considered capture, so then you lose your airplane and virtual life and t effects your ranking points. 

This way you dont punish guys who lose conections randomly, and you punish guys who disconect intentionaly when someone is shooting at them.

Only thing devs could do is make airplane of guy who disconected stay in game like its in clod, then attacker can just easy finish, but i think this can easyer be fixed by just editing web stats, then bathering devs about it.

Its best to ask Vaal about it he could probably do this to his stats system (that is used by 94.7% of servers) easy when he have time for it.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

But if you disconect when you have damage from enemy (in lets say atleast few minutes time before disconect) in that sortie your considered capture, so then you lose your airplane and virtual life and t effects your ranking points. 

This way you dont punish guys who lose conections randomly, and you punish guys who disconect intentionaly when someone is shooting at them.

Thanks for the explanation. But sometimes, my game crash when I DO have some holes in my wings.

I still think that only the actual sortie should be lost.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =BLW=Euclides said:

Thanks for the explanation. But sometimes, my game crash when I DO have some holes in my wings.

I still think that only the actual sortie should be lost.

from what i can see only WoL is changed vaal stats system so when you have any disconections it ends your virtual life, other servers are using vaal system so when you have disconection no mather intentional or not it does nothing to your stats. WoL had it like that before but i gess it got abused alot so they changed it to this strick rule that any disconect is considered intentional and ends your virtual life. So if you play on other popular servers that use vaal system youll be ok.

Edited by 77.CountZero

14 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

from what i can see only WoL is changed vaal stats system so when you have any disconections it ends your virtual life, other servers are using vaal system so when you have disconection no mather intentional or not it does nothing to your stats. WoL had it like that before but i gess it got abused alot so they changed it to this strick rule that any disconect is considered intentional and ends your virtual life. So if you play on other popular servers that use vaal system youll be ok.

Ummm, not sure about that Count, we're using Vaal's system on our dedicated server with no modifications to his most current version.  I had a DC on our server last week and I don't get them very often but I did notice on our stats page that whatever I managed to accomplish for that sortie gave this message.  And it did end my virtual life😀

The results of this sortie are not included in the statistics of the pilot because of the disconnect

Not sure about other servers but I suspect you may find the same response due to a disconnect.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, WWCraven said:

Ummm, not sure about that Count, we're using Vaal's system on our dedicated server with no modifications to his most current version.  I had a DC on our server last week and I don't get them very often but I did notice on our stats page that whatever I managed to accomplish for that sortie gave this message.  And it did end my virtual life😀

Not sure about other servers but I suspect you may find the same response due to a disconnect.

i see on kota combatbox coconout fins ded and so on servers disconect sorties have that same messages but they dont end your virtual life, its just like that sortie never happend, i could only see on wol that disconect ends your virtual life, so i think by default is like its on most of other servers.

And quick serch on your server web stats i can see same thing there, you get disconected and its like that mission didnt happend you continue with your virtual life, (same happends on other servers web vaal stats), example:

http://wingwalkers.game-host.org:8050/en/sorties/4/WWCraven/?tour=3

you see how your streak and virtual life continued after that spitv disconect event.

also i se your last week disconect you mentined

http://wingwalkers.game-host.org:8050/en/sorties/4/WWCraven/?tour=4&page=1

and you can see your virtual life continued after disconect only to be ended by kia next sortie ( gap in sorties shows end of virtual life, and gap after disconect shows only on wol)

it dose not get ended like for example here on wol:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sorties/21077/77.Ripgrunwald/?tour=43&page=3

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1

I stand corrected, see what happens when you only half think/follow things through.  Thanks for helping to clear that up!

• Like 1

In WOL game crash or disconnect = end of the streak which is bad consider how unstable it can be plus random or periodic disconnection. My ISP is changing my IP address plus my connection is not stable at all times. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, WWCraven said:

I stand corrected, see what happens when you only half think/follow things through.  Thanks for helping to clear that up!

If you were on ts3 when rip lost his virtual life that time (he dosent get disconections offten maybe 3-4 in 500sorties) you would understand how and why it happend and that its only wol thing 😄 10 days of farming lost because of random disconect.

He played WT for few days, WarThunder lol , that was the level of desperation..

Edited by 77.CountZero

im on the fence. maybe you computer crashed...and now you lost a re-spawn of a valuable aircraft 

Definitely, people disconnecting mid fight are a cancer on the multiplayer community.

• Upvote 1

I once had a period when I was getting disconnected 5 minutes into the sortie and I would hope it was a one time thing and try again and generally not give up and log out until it happened for a third time.   For this reason I have some sympathy with those who don't want to be punished as a cheater when it was just an internet issue.  I would accept a penalty if I got disconnected after taking combat damage. Yes it is annoying to survive a dogfight and limp most of the way home then lose all your points due to a tech issue but on the other hand why should I get all the points for getting home when I did not get home?   You might argue that in those cases I should be put down as a bail or crash land but then anyone who has their engine fail while too low to bail will just disco.

Perhaps there is a way for the developers to put the aircraft into 'AutoLevel' mode whenever the connection is lost?    After that there is either a one minute timer before you get counted as bailed, during which time you might die to engine failure or enemy action,  or perhaps just leave it in AutoLevel for 5 minutes and allow a disconnected pilot to reconnect and take control again.  The reconnect option might be impossible to code of course.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:49 AM, JonRedcorn said:

Definitely, people disconnecting mid fight are a cancer on the multiplayer community.

Unfortunately, people use to do that in games that supose to simulate a real battle.

In the other hand, if in a real battle pilots had the possibility to save their lives "disconnecting" out of the battle and go back to another new plane, Im sure that they would.