E69_geramos109

Cheater or MG151?

As you can see a ton of hits is not enought to ensure a kill on this game. The russian only leacks some fuel and coolant.

What is the problem? Again some "strange" behabeur of the Mg151? or the player is a cheater?

You can realice that the player does not have the marks and the name on his plane. Is he a ghost?
Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 2

The fact that he had no tag while everyone else had , one must assume there is something funny going on. You can see visually that your cannon shell hits, however I have sat in a MIG 3 and received cannon fire, It do react on the hits, if not visually , it really get hard to control. In my mind the structure should not tolerate direct hit from cannon shells  like you showed. But he flew level afterward, and that tells me he have problem controlling the plane. I levelled out also after hit like that and looked for a place to crash land. Are you sure he made it back home?

The fact that he had no tag while everyone else had , one must assume there is something funny going on. You can see visually that your cannon shell hits, however I have sat in a MIG 3 and received cannon fire, It do react on the hits, if not visually , it really get hard to control. In my mind the structure should not tolerate direct hit from cannon shells  like you showed. But he flew level afterward, and that tells me he have problem controlling the plane. I levelled out also after hit like that and looked for a place to crash land. Are you sure he made it back home?

cheto20cia_zpsxfowe0hr.jpg

He damaged the plane landing over his arfield maybe the prop or something like that. but as you can see server did not give me the kill

Edited by E69_geramos109

Also is suspicious that the player has no tag when you see the track. Is like he has some cheat to protect his identity to prevent someone discovering his tricks but i have the log and i know who is he so...

I dont know what to do. Send that to the Devs or send the player a mp too see what he has to say about. Is sad because was a good player respected by me so i want to be 100% sure before to tell his name.

Who is the member i have to contact in that kind of situations? Jason, han?

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 2

Also is suspicious that the player has no tag when you see the track. Is like he has some cheat to protect his identity to prevent someone discovering his tricks but i have the log and i know who is he so...

I dont know what to do. Send that to the Devs or send the player a mp too see what he has to say about. Is sad because was a good player respected my me so i want to be 100% sure before to tell his name.

Who is the member i have to contact in that kind of situations? Jason, han?

talk to developers

A lack of tag on the replay is not necessarily an indication of cheating, I've seen that bug before. It's also possible for mission designers to hide some tags by naming the plane in a certain way.

A lack of tag on the replay is not necessarily an indication of cheating, I've seen that bug before. It's also possible for mission designers to hide some tags by naming the plane in a certain way.

There is no model name on the plane. You can not change the view in to his plane. Is like if it was not there.

Edited by E69_geramos109

I have seen the same issue on one of my recent tracks. The name appeared though after I put rounds into the plane and only then could I switch my view to it.

Maybe a Netcode problem.

Net code problem? I dont know but i saw the same on live and the hits are there.

I will ask devs

Edited by E69_geramos109

I have been flying Berloga furballs the last 2-3 weeks. My entire tail and wings regularly get blown off when I fly LW 109 E7. Just about every single time I get hit it is catastrophic damage or instant death on the first pass/hit. The red planes take it all in their stride. I have regularly been in slow turns with yaks and migs where they are hammered by 109s with huge puffs of smake and dramatic effects but they keep on going and manage to turn quite happily.

I also flew lagg 3.... that 23mm is death on wings. I am no ballistics expert but it just feels far easier to make quick kills in the red planes.

Net code problem? I dont know but i saw the same on live and the hits are there.

I know this problem from Battlefield 3/4. Shooting and hit the enemy. See the hit marker, but the damage from some bullets is not recognized. Maybe the same problem here, you shoot your opponent, your client calculate/render the hit. But from your client over the server to  other client, the result is different.

• Upvote 1

Had a collision like that while flying in formation - two Il-2s smashed into each other, one was undamaged while mine (it's always the one you're in, innit? :biggrin:) lost a wing and more, and went into the ground spinning.

It seems to be quite common unfortunately... I mean the damage, not missing nickname (don't record sorties myself).

Had a collision like that (...) one was undamaged while mine (it's always the one you're in, innit? :biggrin:) lost a wing and more, and went into the ground spinning.

That as well.

Edited by Sone

I also flew lagg 3.... that 23mm is death on wings. I am no ballistics expert but it just feels far easier to make quick kills in the red planes.

The 23mm cannon is very powerful, it's AP round has 3 times the kinetic energy of the ShVAK and 2.7 times than the MG 151/20. The HE round has similar filling to the mine shell, so the MG/FFM and MG 151/20 should do similar damage than the 23mm in regards to HE rounds.

As9auEz.jpg

With netcode there will always be oddities.  One might be network lag caused by skin downloads, or a FW190 1 second burst into a Yak from dead 6 at about 100 - 150m only resulting in 6 "damaged" rather than a fiery hulk falling to the ground.

That's the way it goes and the vast majority of times there is no cheating involved.

von Tom

I dont see anything unusual. It was not a deflection shot, you hit him straight from behind and not directly in the engine and then he limped home smoking.

The name not showing is weirder but not unheard of as people have already mentioned.

I dont see anything unusual. It was not a deflection shot, you hit him straight from behind and not directly in the engine and then he limped home smoking.

The name not showing is weirder but not unheard of as people have already mentioned.

Really?? Anything unusual??    7  20mm hits on the center of the plane with a few more of 7.9mm with no holes on the plane, any surface riped off, no fire, any visible damage on the estructure and is normal for you?

You mut be joking. Or the payer is a cheater or the damage model of the german Mg must be reviewed.

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 4

You mut be joking. Or the payer is a cheater or the damage model of the german Mg must be reviewed.

Also the netcode must be reviewed. 

• Upvote 3

There is no model name on the plane. You can not change the view in to his plane. Is like if it was not there.

That sometimes even happens on singleplayer track recordings. That has to be no indication of cheating. By the way you can see bullet holes some seconds after you hit him.

Around the date of this post creation I've came across with also a MiG that had no name tag on the replay track either. I wasn't on a fight with him so I didn't gave much importance after I've watched the track.

WoL server if I remmember correcly. Never seen on SP tracks.

Can be a bug or something else too. For the damage there are threads about this sort of stuff around this forum, unrelated to tagless aircraft.