SCG_Tzigy

Mc202 S.Giorgio TipoB Gunsight

The reticles are the wrong size. Maybe this is well known bug/error; could not find it on the forum. Have not seen any mention of fixing this sight...

It should be:  outer ring 236 mil, inner ring 120 mil in diameter.  In our sim the outer ring is 100-120mil....

That explains why my gunnery skills are so poor!!!

;) 

Nice find! Send Han a PM with the source and describing the problem, it's likely that they don't know about it since the Macchi is a bit niche :)

Mixed radius with diameter?

- Adjacent dot center-to-center separation: 28 mils
- Outside dot center-to-center separation: 56 mils
- Inner circle radius/diameter: 60/120 mils
- Outer circle radius/diameter: 118/236 mils.

dude, nobody is mixing anything, go and test it. srry dont have time to make/post pics, but super easy to do yourself...single mission, labels on, yak wingspan 10 meters, see what u find sokol

Edited by 5./ZG1_Tzigy

No, I  am not suggesting that you are mixing things, just ask if gunsight are using radius measure as diameter. :)

Seems this Italian gunsight is misunderstanding since old IL-2.

The linked topic is confuse, but at least is explained why the small gunsight painted in the glass, is backup for fault lamps - "Linea de mira naturale". :)

A 10m wingspan will extend to adjacent dot centers (28 mils) when 357m distant.

A 10m wingspan will extend to outside dot centers (56 mils) when 179m distant.
A 10m wingspan will extend to the inner diameter circle (120 mills) when 83m distant.
A 10m wingspan will extend to the inner diameter circle (236 mills) when 42m distant.

Distance = wingspan / (# mils / 1,000)

"As designed originally, the dimensioning was determined as follows. The dot separation of 28 mils corresponds to a 30's era 7m fighter length as seen from a distance of 250m. The 60 mil radius inner circle corresponds to the distance traveled for a target transverse velocity of 50m/s (roughly 100 kt) at a distance of 250m during the time of flight of projectiles traveling at 850m/s. The 118 mil radius outer circle corresponds to the same conditions, but with a target transverse velocity of 100m/s (roughly 200 kt). Note that the seemingly discrepant 118 mil radius, instead of 120 mils as might naively be expected, derives from the departure from linearity imposed by projection effects of perspective."
Edited by Sokol1

that is all absolutely correct!

the problem is the reticle size in our sim....

fly behind lagg or yak and place their wingspan in the inner circle... the distance will NOT be 83 m.....

the revis are right on; just the s.giorgio not scaled/rendered correctly, should be simple fix

and thx for the link, saw some of that earlier while trying to get hold of the original manual but it was this particular thread i was looking for!!!

Edited by 5./ZG1_Tzigy

post-12829-0-21368400-1477985300_thumb.jpg

A 10m wingspan will extend to adjacent dot centers (28 mils) when 357m distant. A 10m wingspan will extend to outside dot centers (56 mils) when 179m distant. A 10m wingspan will extend to the INNER diameter circle (120 mills) when 83m distant. A 10m wingspan will extend to the OUTER diameter circle (236 mills) when 42m distant.  

self explanatory.. but just in case pic res not good enough, the distance is 220m...

apparently, there was an error in the original IL21946, and also in CLOD....

probably just a case of an unfortunate propagation..

tz

Edited by 5./ZG1_Tzigy

From iL-2:46 related topics:

SC2error.jpg

At left a Bf 109E (9.9m wingspan) seen at 100 meters of distance in Sniper Corner 2 Revi (100 Mills circle) and at right on San Giorgio Type B (120/236 Mills inner/outer circle).

Fit correctly in Revi: 9.9/(100/1000) ~99 meters.

The same situation in San Giorgio Type C (100 Mills circle):

SC_Tipo_C.jpg

The text  - from Ubi forum - inform that Sniper Corner 2 use wrong data for San Giorgio Type B - the mentioned SC 3 seems was not released.

Based on this, the gunsight picture in IL-2:46 indicate the appropriated size for a virtual San Giorgio Type B reticles.*

Of course the size maybe varies based on distance of virtual pilot eyes in cockpit 3D, but not the optical "picture".

Seems need be twice that are in IL-2 BoS (and in CloD), in these the size looks more like in Sniper Corner 2.

* Similar size in this "MOD": http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2208

BTW - This is supposition, not statement. ;)

I did send PM to Han. I know kind of low priority.

The Mc202 is great as it is but i would like my pasta spitting crate perfect!

Edited by 5./ZG1_Tzigy
  • Upvote 1

So, bottom line is that the reticle needs to be larger? Seems like that would be an easy fix!

yap, the inner reticle should be around the size of the current outer one..

I am searching some info about mc202 gunsight, and find this post... Did han give you any response ever? I believe it still hasnt been fixed yet.

3 minutes ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

I believe it still hasnt been fixed yet.

There's nothing to fix, because it's modeled correctly - and that is straight from one of the developers who double-checked it. 

7 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

There's nothing to fix, because it's modeled correctly - and that is straight from one of the developers who double-checked it. 

I ll be sorry if I make a mistake believe the poster before I check out the S.GT gunsight on mc202. Whats the size of reticle?If it isnt 120mil inner 236 outer?

The outer ring radius is 118 mils for both Type A and Type B, and that's what's in the game. 

On 11/3/2016 at 3:40 PM, SCG_Tzigy said:

yap, the inner reticle should be around the size of the current outer one..

Question for you Tzigy from Seaflanker. Did you ever receive a response?

2 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

I am searching some info about mc202 gunsight, and find this post... Did han give you any response ever? I believe it still hasnt been fixed yet.

^

40 minutes ago, Geronimo553 said:

^

As I said, there's nothing to fix. I wrote one of the developers asking about this very issue, who double-checked his sources and confirmed all is correct - it is 236 mils in diameter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

Thank you, requiem! I had to search info about mc202 because you didn't make video introduce its gunsight🤣

9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

As I said, there's nothing to fix. I wrote one of the developers asking about this very issue, who double-checked his sources and confirmed all is correct - it is 236 mils in diameter. 

Thank you, you confirm it is 236 mils in outside diameter, so how do you explain Tizgy's picture? Yak occupies the full inner diameter when range is 220m? It means inner diameter in bos is less than 50mils which should be 120 mils.

26 minutes ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

so how do you explain Tizgy's picture?

You pulled up a thread from 2016, so obviously something was changed to the sight between now and then. 

aahhh!  the pic was a part of an error reporting discussion that lead to the sight being corrected during one of the official updates

Yeah, my current sight picture in the Mc202 looks nothing like the one in the posted image. The outer ring is not even visible on the sight glass unless your move up close to it.

8 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

Thank you, requiem! I had to search info about mc202 because you didn't make video introduce its gunsight🤣

Thank you, you confirm it is 236 mils in outside diameter, so how do you explain Tizgy's picture? Yak occupies the full inner diameter when range is 220m? It means inner diameter in bos is less than 50mils which should be 120 mils.

No worries, there hasn't really been a demand for me to make a video in the Macchi as no one really flies it. However, I did create the usual Angle Off rings for this sight in my air gunnery supplement which you can download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4kl8jgkouw8wqb/Angle Off Charts.pdf?dl=0

• Thanks 1