Sign in to follow this  
Nil

I feel like my flying days are over, not due to bad sim!!

I just don't feel like flying anymore...I really have to force myself to look around where I put my Hotas, and almost getting panic-anxiety putting on the track-IR 5 hat.

And wondering a little what it takes to 'legally' give away my account?

Also wondering if anyone on the forum have a flying friend that wants to take it over for free.

Yes I loved the game, and it looks like it gets better every week!

Before giving everything away - just have a break for some months?

I usually do regret extreme decisions after some time. Not always, though :)

• Upvote 2

I had a break for months.. and would like it to go to someone that really plays it regularly.
Done much I regret in my life :blink: But want the game pass on to some active members friend or so. Sure I love the Kuban planeset.
The 110 G2 is almost a dream come true for me. But I just don't have the energy/will to even start the game up.

I stay on the ground for my gaming/sim needs right now.

As I just bought a 1080, I'm not sure I could afford it in time for pre-order scope.
I totally trust that Kuban will be great, I'd also would like to be around when the P-38 enters the game. But I just can't get myself up in the air again.
None of my flightsims are in use since quite a while. I could do a giveaway of RoF with most planes+addons, DCS with a lot of stuff.
But really want this one to get into the right hands! And those aren't mine.

And it's ..a giveaway.. anyone that have the game and a friend that is on the fence of buying it/can't afford them all, gets a push in the right direction. And only have to buy Kuban.

Yes the game is great! But I feel I have done my time in the air by now. Thought about selling it once before, now it's a gift! :salute:
Just take it or leave it :P

Pigmachine, that is a very generous offer. Sorry to hear that your abilility to enjoy flight sims has been diminished and I really and truly hope that you find something else that gives you as much joy as flight sims used to give you. It's only a game. I was wondering how you got to that point. Did flying become.a chore for you? Did you fly mostly single player or multi-player?

Most single, as I'm not a 'peoples' person.
So getting hooked up with a squad, needs timing/time to dedicate to it.
And as I never know when when I'm awake/ready to participate , and have no RL-friends that play any flying games, it's even harder.

I just want this great sim to be passed on to someone that will use it to the fullest extent.

I've been in the multiplayer air combat since the 28.8 modem times, and played a lot of the early sims solo co-op or multiplayer, well I guess almost all but, I can't just find the time, lust  Help me find this great game the home it deserves!

Edited by Pigmachine

My ROF and DCS lay untouched since months and BoX as well. Don't have much free time to play any game in general. I did few flights in BoX recently,but it was like two evenings for maximum one hour. But why give them up? Accounts are active and DCS even uninstalled so no problem with HD space. If my life gets back into more leisure friendly pace,I will come back to flying.With CFSs I'm like a woman.I have my periods :D

I had a break for months.. and would like it to go to someone that really plays it regularly.

Done much I regret in my life :blink: But want the game pass on to some active members friend or so. Sure I love the Kuban planeset.

The 110 G2 is almost a dream come true for me. But I just don't have the energy/will to even start the game up.

I stay on the ground for my gaming/sim needs right now.

I took a break from sims for exactly 14 months.

Was at the point that I deleted all the sims from my computer, thinking that I'll never touch a sim again.

And after 14 months, I suddenly wanted to fly. Passion is back, can't wait to finish my daily work to jump in a cockpit.

S!

I have been in same situation. Totally burned out on flying. At peak of flying I did log over 200hrs per month of online flying  :o: Now it is harder to get back in the cockpit, so to say. But not giving up on the sims yet. Just playing something else meanwhile. Pigmachine, just leave the computer for a while and enjoy life outside the gloom of the screen. It really helps :salute:

myself driving online i got to be so stressed that is worse than a bad job

anyway dont give away the game just delete it in one or two years youll miss it for sure

I just want the game to progress, and I want to pay for the Kuban, but it feels wrong to do a 'support' buy, when I feel like I rather spend time under the ground then in the air for years to come. That's why I wanted it to have a good 'new home' And I don't want to give it to some random on steam, as most randoms on steam are well.. I had enough warnings on this account to express my opinion about them here!
:salute:

How long is the pre-order time for getting the nice shiny golden BoK badge? Might be able to make it in time, if it's still available 19th December?

for me it was a Steamsale that gave me DarkSouls 2 for 9,99€ , why not try it ,and it fully got me and i guess DS3 will follow instantly after ending, just once in around 3 weeks i felt like dying in the air instead the 30th time vs any fantasyRPGboss that twohits me :D 

I have too many silly games s it is :) and sims.. and one that is under an NDA, that updates daily. So even playing games feels like a job!

I can't think of anyone that might want your account but I think there are ways of transferring it.

Sounds like you're in a bit of a rut.  Do you fly all planes or a subset?  MP or SP?  If MP, alone or with other people?  If you do one thing more than another, try mixing it up.  If there is an aspect of the game you haven't tried, try it.  Take a break, read a book about an actual pilot's experience.  No need to answer the questions, just something to ponder.  Have a beer! 

Cheers!   :salute:  

Dr. Stick

PhD in BS

RE: my signature about my game experience

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

I sent a ticket to support to see if the can 'release' the keys from the account, so I can give it away to someone that promise to get battle of Kuban ;)

Very sorry to hear that you lost interest in this hobby.. Perhaps it will come back in time!

I'd very much like your BoM-key if you don't have anyone else in mind, I don't have much money at the moment, otherwise I would have bought it myself. I also believe I have a friend who'd like BoS. :)

I have one that want the BoM, but I'd prefer to give them both to a person 'in need' That also promise to get BoK too :salute: To keep the sim alive.

Even had a suggestion in my submitted ticket that they give it out randomly to someone that is about to buy BoK.
We'll see if it's even possible to separate the codes from my account.

hey Pigmachine, what about flying the ju52 in a relaxed way?

the dev team said they will be solo mission for it... 

Guest deleted@30725

Games come and go. Real life is the most important focus and other hobbies are a must.

I got rid of DCS, don't miss it. I miss playing the Huey and teaching other people to fly the war birds, but there is no DCS Vietnam so I only miss the idea of something. The reality is spending fun, but pointless hours in the aerobatics server doing cool stunts and mad landings sort of with other people, but not. Oh, and that one time where I found a server that did stuff with Huey, but my passengers were invisible and I picked up invisible downed pilots where I was sort of playing with other people, but not. It was still super fun dodging ground fire and dropping my troops into a hot lz who would spawn on the ground. Internal soldier cloaking device ftw. A hollow experience ultimately. I saw a real one at a museum and then I was done.

I don't miss games. I miss the idea that I know loads of people who like flight sims and we're all going to play on a friday night and have a load of fun and talk about it on Monday. I don't know anyone who likes flight sims or even likes air shows even in work. A co-worker likes world of tanks. Bleugh.  Games are a social experience, are best as a social experience even if your skill is down to you. I miss the old days where me and several friends would go to an internet cafe for a couple of hours and play bf1942 or counter strike or hack the school pcs and play quake 3 arena. I realize that most of my friends are married and have kids.

I realize that I'm still playing games. The mirror revels an ugly truth. This is not something I want to see. This is not the person I want to be.

I close my eyes and I'm still here. This is not a dream. My time is limited, my options open. My ability to enjoy this medium diminished. My eyes reveal the beauty of the world. My mind calculates the struggles and problems facing my eyes. Life is but a game. Sometimes it's hard, mostly it's fun, but the adventure is in our control. We can do anything we want forgoing fear and financial strain. The game of life occupies my thoughts and becomes more appealing.

Take the destination that suits your journey and take the time to enjoy your freedom. We are, ultimately only going to live a finite amount of years so do what you enjoy. Do things that make you happy. Find your friends and at least one friend that makes you happy as one true friend is better than a 100 empty faces.

Edited by deleted@30725

I am in a vacation from BOX and COD, fly DCS choppers and SU 25. And  a little A 10. But when I try out the Multiplayer I discovered it was online flying I was fed up with. Or more correctly public servers. As long as there are a real campaign like affair I can tolerate public servers.

I think you are doing a great mistake by giving it away. I had a period of 4 years vacation from Simulators until I felt the urge again when MS CFS and old IL 2 was the new thing. 

i took vacation from flightsims mid of 2013 till end of 2015

than i came back i would like to have the old community and fun  i had in il2 1946 times

i think we are  are on the half way stay tuned :) 

So Pigmachine is not using this account anymore,

He kindly gave it to me,

I will change the name soon.

I promised to him to encourage the dev team by buying BOK

It's called ageing...  :biggrin:

Edited by Sokol1

Not age, I am 50. It is wear and tare . Witch is age related , I give you that

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Not age, I am 50. It is wear and tare . Witch is age related , I give you that

Yeah it's not age, for sure. I am in my late 20s and I've had a break now from online flying since summer. Just been practicing some takeoffs and landings, and testing changes. Will return online when VR comes though.