Sign in to follow this  
GOZR

Insights.

I may be able to give some insights about some experience in WW2 Russian aircraft.

Is this the right corner? AFM related.

I will not argue here period.

Thx

From IL2 original to this date aircraft on landing for example and using flaps generally on full flaps down... the plane is pitching up.. Actually on those type of aircraft and flaps it is preferable to trim the aircraft just before to drop the flaps..

While landing I know that my plane will pich DOWN not UP having low wings and with those type of flaps, so I trim the plane than drop flaps but by increment not all down at once since the flaps in cases do not come down in total synchro. Now I can see the runway better ;) than piching up the nose just by carefully throttle in up.. and "fleure" it   :)

Here below a video quickly poorly done that grossly will get you the idea.

http://youtu.be/nXD1xQiX9F0

Very simple things of that order can be fixed and make the Sim much more realistic.

There are more..

Edited by GOZR

Hi GOZR, I think this has already been reported: the pitch-down on low wing aircraft is generally true, although the extent is depending on your airspeed and in some designs there's still a pitch up movement.

So you fly a Yak-9 in CA? What you mean when you say that the flaps don't come down in total synchro?

Edited by Sternjaeger

Yes Sternjaeger but not on Yak-9's  Yak-3's yak's 11 flaps design at various landing speed smaller much lighter aircraft may differ greatly yes. The flaps on the 9 for example goes down fast by safety at lower speed you do not pull everything down at once but by increments. 

Flew in Cal and Nevada. this is beginning 90's to 2004 were the last and best Yak-9U ( most powerful engine ) was sold to go to Europe .. .. and the new owner crashed landed there but the aircraft was OK. 

From the Yak-9U #01 which became the "Barbarossa" all red to the #08 with Royal color theme .

JFyak903.jpg

Here is one rare of the #03 in 1994 with me and a screw driver ( just a joke to notified the final of the construction )

Anyway I hope the Devs are listening and correct this problem.. IL2 BoS will be beautiful. I'm very happy to go back into IL2 and I'm sure all the oldtimers from IL2FB are too.

yeah I thought so! Cool, I thought you meant that the left and right flaps came down asynchronously. So what you're flying now? :)

Edited by Sternjaeger

I did slow down a "lot" this past years with 3 kids now ;) .. I ride much more, my other passion ..  but Turbine Legend or the Staggerwing now with my friend and those are so much safer!

No more Yaks or MiG-15.,. done

DSC_0332.jpg

Edited by GOZR

I did slow down a "lot" this past years with 3 kids now ;) .. I ride much more, my other passion ..  but Turbine Legend or the Staggerwing now with my friend and those are so much safer!

No more Yaks or MiG-15.,. done

DSC_0332.jpg

Wow, you are soo lucky, the Staggerwing is such a beauty !

When you talk about "ride much more" is it horses or motorcycles ? (there are a few of us horse people here)

Edited by thx1138

Ah, Mig-15, I bet that's a cool ride!  :cool:

I missed the chance of a Staggerwing ride, how does she fly? It always intrigued me as a machine.

Edited by Sternjaeger

And you ?

Yes motorcycles :)

The Stagger is fast and very stable just pop an eye every 30 seconds on the cooling gauge ;)

Yes the MiG-15 is like a rigid rally car on a country side road. :)

Here my friend (famous pilot 80's and 90's) the world own him all the Yak's 9   ;) and many MiG-15's as well back then and me on left .. we are doing a cross country run and relaying with the Stagger

DSC_0012.jpg

A long ride  ;)

DSC_00077.jpgDSC_0023.jpg

Here the pit.. 

DSC_0110.jpg

Edited by GOZR

I have a varied background, flew biplanes a lot (among the many Tiger Moth, Stampe, Stearman, Jungmann, which is my favourite), then a variety of GA stuff (Cessna classics and taildraggers, Piper Cub & Super Cub and similar.. too many to list!). Then I passed onto the heavier stuff: I'm doing quite some flying on T-6 and I get to fly shotgun on a pair of P-51s. I'm less and less interested in jets, but I don't hide the fact that I'd like to try 'em once.. one of my best friends is an Eurofighter Typhoon instructor, so one can hope ;)

I've heard about the Staggerwing getting a bit hot, which is interesting, but then I guess it's because there are no cowl flaps on it! She's a three-pointer I guess?

Goodness, those interiors are to die for! The craftsmanship on these aircraft was amazing! My dream is to get something like a Beaver or any 40s/50s taildragger some day.

Edited by Sternjaeger

Yes or cold..  and yes the interior is very luxurious .. I know and we were early 2000's  in Spain at the small factory  ( Son and father ) of the Jungmann. ( great plane ).

You should know EcoDragon a friend  pilot in aerobatics pitt etc.

the Prado chaps? Yeah, mixed reviews on them, although I flew with a genuine Jungmann and their CASA and I have to say that once well rigged it flew just as fine, although I've never been a huge fan of the Tigre engine (I've seen one literally exploding, the crankshaft broke and flew off the crankcase, scary stuff…).

LOL original engines ..well yeas family feud there .. :) beside this very nice people.

I wish the Dev for the FM could see this post .. I tried to explain how the flaps feels but even today after many updates the flaps physics lift that we have at list on the Russian planes are inverted.

Edited by GOZR