So the Yak-1b will go from non-pilot-adjustable trim tabs to fixed compensators? So in reality it will mean little difference for us?

But with trims, you can actually trim (Yeah, seriously  :P ), which means change at different altitudes

While if you have adjusted fixed compensators, I'd guess they would be optimized at a certain altitude and speed, right? So wouldn't we lose from this ?  :huh:

But with trims, you can actually trim (Yeah, seriously :P ), which means change at different altitudes

While if you have adjusted fixed compensators, I'd guess they would be optimized at a certain altitude and speed, right? So wouldn't we lose from this ? :huh:

In the context of the sim, no.

It's not like we can ask the ground crew to trim our Series 69s to a different speed/altitude anyway.

It would only make a difference if the trim tabs were adustable in flight, like they are on the Lavochkin fighters.

I had hoped the allied had some time with just a slightly better plane in the Yak 1b against the 109's. ;)  But if they put out the G4 at the same time, things might be even harder flying allied fighters. :biggrin:  :biggrin:

....well time to get back to the self inflicting pain flying on the Russian side. :biggrin:  It begins to be a personal matter when I see a 109 in the sky.  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by 19te.Deafbee

I had hoped the allied had some time with just a slightly better plane in the Yak 1b against the 109's. ;)  But if they put out the G4 at the same time, things might be even harder flying allied fighters. :biggrin:  :biggrin:

....well time to get back to the self inflicting pain flying on the Russian side. :biggrin:  It begins to be a personal matter when I see a 109 in the sky.  :lol:  :lol:

I think, like the Yak-1 Series 69 before it, the Yak-1B is going to be great against even the later model 109 but only in specific circumstances. A tight dogfight at medium to low altitude is the ideal place to be in a Yak-1B against the Bf109G-4. That I doubt will change very much.

It's not like we can ask the ground crew to trim our Series 69s to a different speed/altitude anyway.

One very good thing in WT is that you can test drive a plane with these fixed tabs, in the test drive they behave like normal trim ones, and once you set up a trim configuration, then at the online flights they will be adjusted at the configuration you have put in earlier, simulating the work of the ground crew with the fixed tabs.

So maybe Jak-1b will be in next week 10.11 or 17.11? It will be nice.

Fingers crossed!  :salute:

Edited by YoYo

Yep, edited.

Remember that Ju-52 will be near Santa (6.12) and Jak will be before according announcements.

I think, like the Yak-1 Series 69 before it, the Yak-1B is going to be great against even the later model 109 but only in specific circumstances. A tight dogfight at medium to low altitude is the ideal place to be in a Yak-1B against the Bf109G-4. That I doubt will change very much.

From what I have read about the Yak 1B, I have high expectations about this plane. As I understand it was faster than the 7B version.

Biggest difference for me will be the better rear view, which kills me more than anything in the Yak 1.

The Spifire, P39 and the Yak 1B are the fighters that I personally look very much forward to.

Biggest difference for me will be the better rear view, which kills me more than anything in the Yak 1.

The Spifire, P39 and the Yak 1B are the fighters that I personally look very much forward to.

Same here ! ;)

I'm also looking forward to the Yak-7B

I am also excited for this but I probably won't use it as a fighter (that's where the Yak-1B will excel). I'm probably going to use it as a ground attacker/fighter, depending on the modifications we get for it. 

I would think the 7B would excel at bomber interception.

Too little ammo I think. I'd much prefer a La-5.

Me too, but I'm also looking forward to the Yak-7B...the armament will be savage by Soviet standards and you have a place for all of your luggage/beer keg behind the pilot's seat!

And then imagine we had the 37mm Option. It would be a Proto-Yak-9T.

From what I have read about the Yak 1B, I have high expectations about this plane. As I understand it was faster than the 7B version.

Likely faster than the Yak-7B depending on what version we get. The difference will be there but small is my guess. Closer to the Yak-1 Series 69.

I'm looking forward to all of those fighters. BoK is giving us a really great selection there!

Me too, but I'm also looking forward to the Yak-7B...the armament will be savage by Soviet standards and you have a place for all of your luggage/beer keg behind the pilot's seat!

LOL true that! I do wonder what they did with that space sometimes. It was meant to originally be for the second pilot in the trainer version. Could probably hold a beer keg! :)

Too little ammo I think. I'd much prefer a La-5.

Probably right that the La-5 has more ammo duration though I think the weight of fire advantage is with the Yak-7B? I'll have to look it up. It'd be good at bomber interception but probably only a couple of bombers before the ammo supply is empty.

Likely faster than the Yak-7B depending on what version we get.

I wonder if, and how we will notice the documented better stability and flight characteristics from the Yak-7 compared to the Yak-1 

I wonder if, and how we will notice the documented better stability and flight characteristics from the Yak-7 compared to the Yak-1 

Stableness most likely will mean stiffer controls at high speed, little elevator authority and better rate of roll. at low speeds. It's basically going to have a more forward weight bias, making it more stable and less agile while maintaining similar horizontal manouverability, worse control at high speed and worse rate of climb.

The Wings were also more swept back than in Yak-1. Mostly CoG correction, but maybe it will change aileron response as well.

Edited by CuteKitten94

I read somewhere that some factory Yak-7s had an extra fuel tank fitted inside the hump, but it was often removed on the field by the ground crews at request of the pilots who felt a teensy bit unhappy about having their ass rested against an unarmoured fuel tank.

Agreed! I am curious how the differences play out. Pilots did say that the Yak-7B handling was excellent if not quite as responsive as the Yak-1. Turn times were supposedly the same or nearly so.

I suspect, as it is with the Bf109 versions, we'll see the difference but it will be of the interestingly subtle variety.

Can anybody suggest a Multiplayer server where I can spawn in Yak1B ? Thanks

Wings of liberty (not all maps, but a lot for sure).

Berloga (fast action dogfight).

Tactical air war (in about one month, it's a 1941 plane set at the moment). 

That was for the most populated.

There's a new server that tends to be quite well populated "knights of the air" or something like that.

It should have the yak1b