Han

Game version 2.004 discussion: New features and improvements

Update 2.004

Dear pilots!

We're glad to announce that the sim has been updated to version 2.004. It includes many changes we were working on for Battle of Kuban and of course all of them will be in Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow. While developing Battle of Kuban we're working on all three our projects at once, bringing the improvements to all our users.

This time almost all parts of the game were improved, the most important ones being the first results of physics optimizations for AI aircraft, landing gear physics modeling corrections for all planes, addition of the spotting ability to aircraft in multiplayer and the ability to set clouds height and thickness. All parts of the game were polished to some extent.

- In this new version (2.004) missions format was changed, so binary missions which were created in previous versions will not work properly. To restore your mission delete .msnbin file and keep only .Mission file, open in in Mission Editor and re-save it with new .msnbin binary mission.

- Due to mission format change flight records which were recorded in previous versions will not replay.

News on 2.004 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 16

Patchday!!!! Awesome work guys  :salute:

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Hi Guys,

Very impressive update. Will try it out tomorrow (Tonight is date night :biggrin: ).   

One question though about the clouds. I think they are only changeable in the mission editor? Not in the QMB assume.

Grtz M

• Upvote 1

Happier than a big bag of happy things  :biggrin:

Plus... This fix was very much needed.

12. Engine damage logic corrected: now an engine with a depleted time reserve at combat or other modes won't be damaged while working at normal mode afterwards;

Fantastic news. Looking forward to getting to work with the mission editor and playing around with those cloud settings  :biggrin:

Gee downloaded fast, off to have a looksee, thanks for all your continued dedication and hard work, it's really appreciated. :salute: 

Great update!!! But I am confused I thought Yak1b was being released this patch? 

Edited by Bullets

Excellent. The gunner skill level should aid my SP enjoyment immensely!

Regards

Albino

Excellent work guys!

I am sure the AI gunner skill correction will improve the single player experience.

The interface new features are very nice. 

Getting better and better! 

Thank you very much

Edited by Nil

Patchday!!!! Awesome work guys  :salute:

Asgar, did you get your pedals? We were worried about this  :) 

• Upvote 4

no..not yet  :( which actually bugs me because i want to test the new landing gear physics

bought this when they first gave vive support. not one improvement since. come in spinner. wish i could get a refund

We plan to finish this work in the process of developing the next project http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25072-announcing-battle-kuban-and-development-plan/

Great update!!! But I am confused I thought Yak1b was being released this patch? 

No, Yak-1b and Ju 52 are still in development.

Noooo! Now I can't blame my bouncy landings on the game anymore!

Fantastic work, I think you just rescheduled my evening and weekend for me. Hell, if the added wheel friction means I can get the 110 lined up on runway more than 50% of the time, you may have just rescheduled the rest of the month. Keep up the good work.

S!

• Upvote 1

Excellent work on the landing gear physics there, guys, credit where credit is due. Whenever I feel like my landing approach is excellent, it usually ends with a smooth nonbouncy 3-pointer. Whenever I feel that I mucked it up a bit, there is a realistic bit of bouncing. Did a few test runs, both thumbs up.

Fantastic! Thank you team! Now we can play this and drool over DX11 and new planes we will get soon.....

Awesome !!!! .... Will have to leave work earlier ... Still thinking of the reason I will give to my boss :)

Awesome !!!! .... Will have to leave work earlier ... Still thinking of the reason I will give to my boss :)

Hah! I'm trying to come up with an excuse for my wife :D

• Upvote 1

Hah! I'm trying to come up with an excuse for my wife :D

Excuse? If she really loves you, she'll know how important this is to you.

...now to come up with an excuse myself.

Edited by Finkeren

Ten passes over an enemy airfield defended with Bofors and not a single wing lost. 

Thank you for giving us back our 110s  :salute:

Now we are back to ground attack/dogfight business and the best in life: 

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women. "  :ph34r:

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Upvote 3

Very nice update!!

More improvements than expected too. The ground handling and improved ground and air performance are great news.

Im glad 32 was fixed, all my SP missions had trouble with AI crashing into each other when covering.

Bravo!