Han

Developer Diary, Part 135 - Discussion

How this 72AG-DED project is diffrent from current TAW ? To me they sound much the same ...

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Great news!

This is shaping up to be the sim both single player and multi player was hoping for.

S.

What is the caliber on that insane cannon underneath the Bf 110? :-o

Its is Bk3.7, 37mm gun, same as on Ju87G.

post-1464-0-94461800-1476364000_thumb.jpg

That damn cannon on the BF110 is scary.

Edited by I./ZG1_Panzerbar

As a budding user of the current Mission Editor I am wondering whether it will be possible to write a basic Co-op mission using the new tools and then fine-tune it using the full Mission Editor. Having invested a not inconsiderable amount of time in learning how to write missions, I am keen to keep using those basic skills I now have.

Coop mode is going to make this sim blow up. Great news!

Is it just me or does that G4 look different than the G2?

It looks different in one single aspect: The bulges on the top of the wings and the larger wheels (which also means the tailwheel is non-retractable) other than that, they should be outwardly identical.

Until we have a model with textured skin, I'd write down any perceived differences, to the lack of textures.

What is the caliber on that insane cannon underneath the Bf 110? :-o

I think it's the BK3,7.

Grt M

Edit: But that doesn't answer your question. It would be 37 mm  :) .

Same cannon then as mounted on Stuka during Battle of Kuban. :):cool:

• Upvote 2

Not a co-op fan (yet) but if it brings more customers and provides the revenue to keep things going and growing, GREAT!

As a budding user of the current Mission Editor I am wondering whether it will be possible to write a basic Co-op mission using the new tools and then fine-tune it using the full Mission Editor. Having invested a not inconsiderable amount of time in learning how to write missions, I am keen to keep using those basic skills I now have.

If i understood correctly, the ME is not being replaced by new tools. The coop still has to be built in the ME, and then it can be hosted in game instead of through the dserver.

• Upvote 1

I took it to mean, that there will be an important annoncement about 2.004 next week.

I'm just guessing here, but it could mean, that they have chosen to include one of the upcoming collectors planes in the update rather than make seperate updates for them, which might push back the release date a bit.

Just speculating here.

Or maybe they are pushing it back to include DX11?

I think that Han meant that there will be lot of changes and improvements in the 2.004 upadate. No dx11 or collector planes.

Yeah, the fact that this is coming reminds me of the hype for the earlier versions of PWCG: WWII. 

The DD's keep getting more and more exciting.

Can't wait for the 110G-2!

• Are we getting the 2 x 30 mm (1.18 in) MK 108 cannons with 120 rounds for the left and 135 rounds for the right cannon (G-2/U9 variant) and the Werfer-Granate 21 (BR.21) as well?

• Also, is the air scoop for weapon cooling on the G-2?
Edited by II./ZG1_SPEKTRE76

Can't wait for the 110G-2!

• Are we getting the 2 x 30 mm (1.18 in) MK 108 cannons with 120 rounds for the left and 135 rounds for the right cannon (G-2/U9 variant) and the Werfer-Granate 21 (BR.21) as well?
  • Also, is the air scoop for weapon cooling on the G-2?

1. Bf110G-2/R3 (with nose-mounted MK108s) - appeared only in march 1944. Out of Eastern front scope.

2. What air scoop do You mean?

Personally, I'm very happy to see this:

In the end I would like to highlight that since the CO-OP mode is intended for short missions, we plan to restore the ability to launch a multiplayer server directly form the game and allow a host player to become one of the players on this server.

Thanks for once more good news!

• Upvote 4

O n l i n e. W a r s '46 style?

I know that you can do a Lot with clever multiplayer servers, but I Really enjoyed that gameplay.. overviewing the situation, planing a mission, generate a coop.... where boths sides participate not knowing eachothers' objectives..

. :) possible maybe?

• Upvote 1

S!

Interesting. The 72AG-DED thing sounds very much like the VEF and other online wars in "old" IL-2.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update on Co-op and new features.  Looking forward to Early Access. :salute:

Thank you all for support!  :soldier:

How this 72AG-DED project is diffrent from current TAW ? To me they sound much the same ...

Our server uses complex approach: online log parser (just in time you are flying), and feedback commands to dserver, automatic mission producer, which produce new missions "behind the scene", while previous one is playing. And much more technology features. All of this provide much perfomance boost for dedicated server. At the previous version of our project we achieved almost x2 times server perfomance boost. :salute: And now we are going next goal - make full automatic high perfomance (no network lags at 84 players) and interesting online-campaign project. :fly:

Also, we have different gamplay mechanics. In example: squad hangars, where players share plane number in a squad. Should it be enough difference?  :rolleyes:

ps

My english is away from perfect, sorry for mistakes.

pps

we are open to advise other teams to improve their servers perfomance and share our ideas in that way

Edited by 72AG_Crusader
  • Upvote 4

Our server uses complex approach: online log parser (just in time you are flying), and feedback commands to dserver, automatic mission producer, which produce new missions "behind the scene", while previous one is playing. And much more technology features. All of this provide much perfomance boost for dedicated server. At the previous version of our project we achieved almost x2 times server perfomance boost. :salute: And now we are going next goal - make full automatic high perfomance (no network lags at 84 players) and interesting online-campaign project. :fly:

Also, we have different gamplay mechanics. In example: squad hangars, where players share plane number in a squad. Should it be enough difference?  :rolleyes:

ps

pps

we are open to advise other teams to improve their servers perfomance and share our ideas in that way

I'm not sure if I understood correctly. Does the work in the background affect the current mission (still being played in the server) or the next one?

Looking forward to Co-ops. in the old il246 days i joined a few squadrons due to the fact they ran co-ops every weekend so hopefully we will see more squadrons about and more people joining new and existing Squads  :) Used to be in the RAF 23/33 Squadron and had the best times flying with that squad..

ps

pps

Thanks for clarifying, looking forward to try it.

This Marshal mechanic is very exciting.

As far as picking who the Marshal is, I think it should be done via a volunteer system (we're here to fly, I don't think there will be much competition over who gets to do it). At the end of every game players should have the chance to rate their teams Marshal. The win/loss ratio for the player should probably also be recorded. Both these stats should be attached to the players profile for others to view. If a team is dissatisfied with their Marshal then said team should be able to vote to sack the current Marshal if there is a replacement candidate.

However, I do think there will be a couple of issues. The biggest will be getting a player to volunteer. The way I see it, being the Marshal either has to be rewarding or fun. I don't think "being rewarding" is an option anymore because working for upgrades and skins has been eliminated (rightly so I think). That leaves "fun," and making the Marshal fun will be a hard thing to do. If I understand how the Marshal will function correctly, it will function like an RTS. So for a good RTS, there needs to be a lot of depth to the gameplay. It would require plenty new game mechanics tailored to the Marshal. And that, if nothing else, would defiantly be worthy of a year long expansion of the game.

But perhaps I get ahead of myself.

I would recommend taking a look at how "Zeus" has been implemented in "Arma 3," and also take a look at a game called "Nuclear Dawn." Both of these games have mechanics very similar to the proposed Marshal.

As far as RTS games, perhaps take a look at "War Game: Red Dragon." It's a very good example of large scale RTS.

As I said in the beginning, this is very exciting stuff. I wish the best of luck in development and I would like to thank you for all that you have done so far.

cheers

1. Bf110G-2/R3 (with nose-mounted MK108s) - appeared only in march 1944. Out of Eastern front scope.

2. What air scoop do You mean?

This:

post-12904-0-28793900-1476404455_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to return my old E-2 and swap it for a brand new G-2. Anyone knows what the depreciation for an old Bf-110 E-2 is?  :biggrin:

Grt M

Everybody knows that a Bf-110 E2 loses half its value as soon as you fly it off the lot  ;)

Seriously, this news adds some more excitement about waiting for the new releases.  I do hope they can take heed of some of the comments other posters have made about improving the way coop missions can be started and let people join in progress - I ran a test coop server for a while in RoF (until I realized I just couldn't get enough upstream speed from my ISP to make it work well enough at scale), and while I loved most of the dynamics of the coop missions the need to have everybody queued up and ready at the exact same time was a real damper on getting participation.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

The Golden Days are nearly back. Co-op missions are just such an awesome way to connect with IL2 friends & squad mates. I do wish that Rearm Repair Refuel was included but with a bit of luck that will come in the future. I think Jason said that he was interested in it. That would truly be dreamy.

Nice plans Han, Jason & Co. The future is so bright we'll soon be wearing our sunglasses at night. :-D [cue 80's Corey Hart's song]

Anyone happen to know if the Bf-110 G2 used the four WGr-21 rockets during the Kuban engagement? I know they did at some point and I thought I saw that the WGr-21 was available mid-1943, but haven't found anything about them in relation to Kuban. It would be fun to use rockets on the Germany side of things! Looks like we will already have some nice armament options based on the pictures though. Should be fun times ahead with all these new additions/changes!

I am hoping this news about Coop might move some in our squad to get into this. Pacific will definite but true Coop like old IL2 could move us sooner. Miss ya Bearcat.