Han

Developer Diary, Part 134 - Discussion

Hello Everybody,

As we mentioned in our previous developer diaries, Battle of Kuban is in full scale development. In particular, the map of the new thereat of war is in the works.

The Career mode time-frame of the Battle of Kuban will begin April 17 and end October 9, 1943, so the map will include three seasons - Spring, Summer and Autumn. Making a Spring map is a new experience for us and we'll see how it goes. We're confident that its quality will be good, but the difference in color palette should be significant compared to other seasons and we're hoping it will add a nice visual variety to the project.

Map borders are already set, as you can see on the attached picture - 416.2 km х 288.4 km fly zone which is 120,032 square kilometers total. 

In addition, today we can tell you that our work on the next update 2.004 reached its final stage.

And finally we have begun to work on collecting information and content for the new Career mode. Please check the forum for a section called Career Assistance. If you can help us create and gather the needed materials it would be a great help to the team!

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 19

Even more, I think, than when it will be released is the initial performance increases they've found while utilizing it. I think it has been a larger overall improvement than even they initially expected.

Great news!!

Huge map for Kuban area. Awesome :dance: that map is gonna be so much fun.

Very much looking forward to seeing the spring textures.

DX11 Giving such a great performance boost, and it coming so soon. You actually had hopes that it was even going to be in 2.004, that's amazing!!!

I honestly don't know how you guys manage to keep such a pace, but now we know for sure, that you weren't on vacation during the time with no DDs.

Keep up the amazing work guys :salute:

Dx 11 maybe even in this very year, now that's great news :o::o:

Hell, they thought it might even have made it into 2.004.

• Upvote 3

...at the moment it grants a huge graphics performance boost, almost a 2x increase or more in FPS depending on the scene...

Amazing stuff!! And the map looks awsome. Best news this week! Keep up that great work guys:-D

Edit* My reaction as I read this DD:

https://youtu.be/SvmluRCGv_s?t=18

Edited by kissklas

I honestly don't know how you guys manage to keep such a pace, but now we know for sure, that you weren't on vacation during the time with no DDs.

Keep up the amazing work guys :salute:

It is not only the pace at which things are moving along, but also the usually good time estimate of things to arrive that is great

We'd also like to let you know that while our work on DirectX 11 implementation is not finished yet and the new render isn't ready to be included in 2.004 update, at the moment it grants a huge graphics performance boost, almost a 2x increase or more in FPS depending on the scene. We're hoping to release the new renderer to the public this year and we'll start its beta testing immediately after 2.004 release.

So ... excited ! 

Bring it on guys !

This is huge!

DX 11 coming so soon, and confirming the performance increase.

MOUNTAINS!

Increased capacity for AI units.

Many improvements other than ground physics in the upcoming patch.

Im really excited!

Great update - thankyou!  :biggrin:

Of course, with all that sea we really will need some juicy ship targets, torpedoes and seaplanes!

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Upvote 1

Great DD!

Kuban theatre will be impressive and I like the idea of spring map.

Looking forward for 2.004 in near future and DX11 after that. Performance and AI improvements sounds great!

Good work guys, really :)

8d666bcf003875b14c0f03a8257d1cca35e1cb22

Because all the flatlands have me feeling thin. Sort of stretched; like butter scraped over too much bread.

Edited by Cpt_Cool
  • Upvote 9

We'd also like to let you know that while our work on DirectX 11 implementation is not finished yet and the new render isn't ready to be included in 2.004 update, at the moment it grants a huge graphics performance boost, almost a 2x increase or more in FPS depending on the scene.

The hopes and wishes start to become reality, very nice news indeed :)

Had not expected Dx11 before the start of pacific development but the sooner the better! Hopefully all gains of Dx11 will be utilized in the making of Kuban.

Wow - what an awesome DD update!

Very impressed to see those early performance gains from DX11. Can't wait to get my hands on 2.004 and all of those updates/fixes mentioned.

Great work!

These guys have to be the best team working on flight sims right now. I don't know of anyone else who ACTUALLY DELIVERS WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL. I imagine Kuban is going to be the peak of Eastern Front operations in the new Il-2. I'm really glad they are going all out on it with such a large scale map. I also can't wait to see spring! Also, being able to participate in efforts to gather information for the new career mode is pretty awesome. There are so many different things being developed at the same time and all at an amazing pace. 

• Upvote 6

I noticed they pushed the end date from June to October. Was this to be able to include the G6 as well as an autumn map?

I'm at work and forgot mention the most exciting feature for me, the career mode. So far the plans look awesome. I hope people with a lot of detailed information will help as much as possible. The amount of information needed for it is huge and I understand why devs need help. I don't have resources to help much but those who have and share them deserve our gratitude.

• Upvote 2

These guys have to be the best team working on flight sims right now. I don't know of anyone else who ACTUALLY DELIVERS WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL. I imagine Kuban is going to be the peak of Eastern Front operations in the new Il-2. I'm really glad they are going all out on it with such a large scale map. I also can't wait to see spring! Also, being able to participate in efforts to gather information for the new career mode is pretty awesome. There are so many different things being developed at the same time and all at an amazing pace. 

Well said,

Dev team you are really really amazing! I would love to hug you to share my gratitude to all your work.

The map will be the best map I am sure! plenty space to play with, beautiful andscape

And dx11... with that, this sim will ROCK!! (not to mention the new carrer mode) : more player will come.

This baby is really surpassing my expectations.

Sincère congratulation,

And sincère thanks to turn dream into realities !

Edited by Nil
  • Upvote 2

I noticed they pushed the end date from June to October. Was this to be able to include the G6 as well as an autumn map?

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25070-discussion-battle-kuban-announcement/?p=385573&do=findComment&comment=385573

2. Do you plan to do new Collector planes in the process of BOK development?

No, the plan is full, but after BOK work is done, I hope to add a couple more before we go to tropical Pacific paradise. But only possible if we finish work early and can squeeze in.

• Upvote 2