Photo

TAW - bugs, errors and problems

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#201 [ASOR]Pharoah

[ASOR]Pharoah
  • Founder

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:29

Not easy. Every time I'm on, there server is usually empty or very low users (I'm in Aust, server is in Europe?). I managed to fly during the day over the weekend but very rarely. trust me, I LOVE the challenge of the TAW server....just that damned AAA. Grrrr. Maybe if I fly higher...hmm...

#202 I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller

I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:10

Which targets get attacked?
Is there any rule that determines, which city/airfield/depot is the target of a tank column in the following mission?

#203 3./JG15_Hans

3./JG15_Hans

Posted 02 September 2017 - 18:31

Hello.

I recently changed my nickname from JAGER_Hans to 3./JG15_Hans. Problem is, I flew in the current campaign with my old nickname and now, after changing my nickname both on the IL2 Oficial site and TAW Website, I c=have my account LOCKED. Now it shows on the website: http://taw.stg2.de/p...me=3./JG15_Hans that my old nickname is UNLOCKED and my current one is LOCKED. Could someone help me out?

#204 I./JG68_Sperber

I./JG68_Sperber
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:51

Dear Artur, Kathon and Team,

i hope this is the right Thread ;)

Yes i read the Changelog.

But i dont damaged: http://taw.stg2.de/p..../JG68_Sperber

I fly behind a PE2 but she could not catch up, then I turned to the airport.

In this moment I flew out and found myself in the server selection menu again.

Dont no why, bad ping or server overload or IP rest from my I-net connetion...

The other Problem was the menu hanging. http://taw.stg2.de/p...I./JG68_Sperber

(on ground)

I also could not break through and then look back at my plane.

53 sek i standing on the airport without my, than i leave the Server with the button.

For these two technical problems I was punished maximum.

In the last campaigns the problems with the OR have occurred and I have often flown out of the game. That was always IN FLIGHT without punishment.

Now I fly again with the Vive, since the clearly more stable runs.

It is in any case not motivating to be so punished for technical problems.

Disconnection – if plane was damaged and there was disconnection before 5min from last damage then it’s count as before as DISCO. If disconnection was after 5min then it’s not counted as DISCO but plane is lost.

Both events do not hit me because I was not damaged!

The pilots who pull the plug in order not to be shot down is not interested with the punishment.

Since now such problems are punished as I am deceiving, that is for me with the TAW.

Have Fun and by by ;)

Edited by I./JG68_Sperber, 04 September 2017 - 08:52.

jg68_logo_web_300_weiss.jpg
Spoiler

#205 4./JG52_Riksen

4./JG52_Riksen

Posted 04 September 2017 - 13:47

I have a bug in one of my missions (http://taw.stg2.de/p...=4./JG52_Riksen):

I shot down a Pe-2 near one of the arty positions but did not receive the victory in my general stats even though it counted as a victory event (Mission Moscow_North #43 - 04.09.2017 15:17:30). Can I be credited my kill and a +1CM please?

Edited by 4./JG52_Riksen, 04 September 2017 - 13:48.

cRppyZL.png

TNOIc7P.png

#206 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2017 - 18:38

Which targets get attacked?
Is there any rule that determines, which city/airfield/depot is the target of a tank column in the following mission?

There is info in the briefing e.g. Axis tank convoy in sector X,Z attacking city A. There are also arrows on the map in game showing what is the target of tank convoy.

Hello.

I recently changed my nickname from JAGER_Hans to 3./JG15_Hans. Problem is, I flew in the current campaign with my old nickname and now, after changing my nickname both on the IL2 Oficial site and TAW Website, I c=have my account LOCKED. Now it shows on the website: http://taw.stg2.de/p...me=3./JG15_Hans that my old nickname is UNLOCKED and my current one is LOCKED. Could someone help me out?

Please register JAGER_Hans and then change name to 3./JG15_Hans in Pilot Profile after logging in.

Account 3./JG15_Hans has been deleted.

I have a bug in one of my missions (http://taw.stg2.de/p...=4./JG52_Riksen):

I shot down a Pe-2 near one of the arty positions but did not receive the victory in my general stats even though it counted as a victory event (Mission Moscow_North #43 - 04.09.2017 15:17:30). Can I be credited my kill and a +1CM please?

This is strange, probably bug in the script. Will have to check it. AK counted.

Edited by =LG=Kathon, 05 September 2017 - 07:33.

"We’re waiting for you, red plague. To save us all from the black death. Waiting for a salvation.  
To be welcomed with disgust. By a country that’s already been hanged and quartered."
taw_bar.jpg

#207 JG4_dingsda

JG4_dingsda
  • Founder

Posted 09 September 2017 - 13:04

[Surovikino, Map 3] ;)

Attached Files

Edited by JG4_dingsda, 09 September 2017 - 13:06.

„Jede Nation spottet über die andere, und alle haben recht.“ -- A.S.

#208 [TWB]80hd

[TWB]80hd
  • Founder

Posted 11 September 2017 - 13:58

[Surovikino, Map 3] ;)

WOW! Hahahah

Suggestion (Dunno where these go): Let Stukas carry the SC1800 Map 3+... let the big bombers carry the heavier bombs as we progress as well.

Maps 6/7, let the 110s carry the 1000kgs.

Germans are struggling right now, and those eggs are tough to carry to a target period, let alone when higher performing fighters are around.

Just a suggestion, but I think this will be enough of a danger that it'll force shifting more fighters to CAP/defense around airfields and area targets.

Edited by [TWB]80hd, 11 September 2017 - 14:02.

#209 Inkompetent

Inkompetent
  • Founder

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:06

WOW! Hahahah

Suggestion (Dunno where these go): Let Stukas carry the SC1800 Map 3+... let the big bombers carry the heavier bombs as we progress as well.

Maps 6/7, let the 110s carry the 1000kgs.

Germans are struggling right now, and those eggs are tough to carry to a target period, let alone when higher performing fighters are around.

Just a suggestion, but I think this will be enough of a danger that it'll force shifting more fighters to CAP/defense around airfields and area targets.

Can the Russians get the Tu-2 with a two-ton bombload as well in that case? Maybe an IL-4? Luftwaffe already roflstomps every single airbase, defensive position, artillery position and supply depot with eeeeease thanks to their massive 1000kg bombs.

Goes by Inkoslav and/or Inkompetent.

#210 3./JG15_Staiger

3./JG15_Staiger
  • Founder

Posted 19 September 2017 - 16:23

Yesterday we destroyed all three defenses around Nesterovo, which at the time was damaged 75% and was closed. Our tanks were pretty much intact, yet they didnt capture the airfield on the next mission.... Does the tanks have some sort of chance % to capture the airfield ?

#211 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 19 September 2017 - 17:22

[Surovikino, Map 3] ;)

Thanks, we have to move it.

Yesterday we destroyed all three defenses around Nesterovo, which at the time was damaged 75% and was closed. Our tanks were pretty much intact, yet they didnt capture the airfield on the next mission.... Does the tanks have some sort of chance % to capture the airfield ?

What mission? Nesterovo was attacked by blue and captured in mission #228 and #238 lately

"We’re waiting for you, red plague. To save us all from the black death. Waiting for a salvation.  
To be welcomed with disgust. By a country that’s already been hanged and quartered."
taw_bar.jpg

#212 3./JG15_Staiger

3./JG15_Staiger
  • Founder

Posted 19 September 2017 - 18:56

What mission? Nesterovo was attacked by blue and captured in mission #228 and #238 lately

We attacked on mission #236,  so I thought that tanks would capture on the next mission (#237), but as you say it was captured on 238 ? I went to sleep before it was captured, then it explain somethings. Still, it took 2 missions for the tanks to capture the airfield, is this correct ?

#213 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:45

We attacked on mission #236,  so I thought that tanks would capture on the next mission (#237), but as you say it was captured on 238 ? I went to sleep before it was captured, then it explain somethings. Still, it took 2 missions for the tanks to capture the airfield, is this correct ?

It depends how far the enemy city is. After each mission tanks move about 15-25km forward so if road is long it may take 2-3 mission to reach the city. 

Edited by =LG=Kathon, 20 September 2017 - 09:45.

taw_bar.jpg

#214 HenHawk

HenHawk
  • Founder

Posted 21 September 2017 - 20:47

Next campaign could you add in awarding points/xp for dropping paratroopers into the correct area?

#215 [TWB]80hd

[TWB]80hd
  • Founder

Posted 21 September 2017 - 21:03

Can the Russians get the Tu-2 with a two-ton bombload as well in that case? Maybe an IL-4? Luftwaffe already roflstomps every single airbase, defensive position, artillery position and supply depot with eeeeease thanks to their massive 1000kg bombs.

I'm not at all against this, also I was flying Soviet when I posted this... for what it's worth...

The new defense positions do not get roflstomped by 1000kg bombs, btw... they are dangerous for the depots though...

#216 [TWB]Pand

[TWB]Pand
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:40

Server appears to be hung.

pandemoniumsignature-logo.gif

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits - http://www.thewetbandits.org

"Cheers Dakpilot" - Dakpilot

#217 Venturi

Venturi
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:18

Server hung. Cannot enter server.

yYxqZOC.jpg

#218 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:45

Next campaign could you add in awarding points/xp for dropping paratroopers into the correct area?

There is no info in log files who dropped paratroopers unfortunately.

Server crashes a lot lately. Hope developers fix it eventually.

taw_bar.jpg

#219 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 24 September 2017 - 14:12

Yeah, TAW and Wings, the two most populated servers, are crashing pretty frequently. Puts a huge burden on you guys to restart them, and running a server is already a bit more annoying than it needs to be IMO.

I really hope fixing up the DServer is prioritized after Kuban release. If we get a G-6 before DServer gets love, it might be the first thing I don't buy immediately. That might be unfair of me, because DServer needs their programmer's time, and a G-6 probably needs most time from other members of the team, but still. Give it some love or open source it please  :biggrin: I should probably make a thread in the right subforum...

#220 HenHawk

HenHawk
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 15:08

There is no info in log files who dropped paratroopers unfortunately.

That's too bad. Thanks for looking into it and the response.

Hope the devs fix the server stability and net code soon.

#221 Inkompetent

Inkompetent
  • Founder

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:57

On map #7 two hangars are placed ON the Kalach BSP runway. This does least to say make it tricky to take off.

Goes by Inkoslav and/or Inkompetent.

#222 HenHawk

HenHawk
  • Founder

Posted 26 September 2017 - 20:01

I believe I ran into some bugs with the stats on s couple of recent sorties, could you look into these for me?:

1) I ditched the 110g2 in friendly territory, but it's not showing up in the "ditched" area on the available planes. I think this happened right before the server went down.

http://taw.stg2.de/p...37&name=HenHawk

2) My game suddenly exited to the main menu without warning. The AK/GK on this sortie were logged, but not counted in my overall stats.

http://taw.stg2.de/p...98&name=HenHawk

#223 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:32

On map #7 two hangars are placed ON the Kalach BSP runway. This does least to say make it tricky to take off.

We plan to change the layout of the objects on the airfields.

I believe I ran into some bugs with the stats on s couple of recent sorties, could you look into these for me?:

1) I ditched the 110g2 in friendly territory, but it's not showing up in the "ditched" area on the available planes. I think this happened right before the server went down.

http://taw.stg2.de/p...37&name=HenHawk

2) My game suddenly exited to the main menu without warning. The AK/GK on this sortie were logged, but not counted in my overall stats.

http://taw.stg2.de/p...98&name=HenHawk

1) Probably due to server crash.

2) When you disconnect from the server no AK/GK are counted. It prevents from players who drop bombs over target and then quickly disconnect and fly again without returning to airfield. 

taw_bar.jpg

#224 [TWB]80hd

[TWB]80hd
  • Founder

Posted 05 October 2017 - 16:49

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but just to make sure since there was confusion last TAW...

Rules state: "Registration is optional. You may have one account for Allied side and/or one account (with different pilot's name) for Axis side."

TWB flew both Soviet and German last campaign... often we would put in much effort to push from one side and then end up fighting against our own work simply out of a spirit of balance.  We worked equally hard and earnest, we weren't "spying" or whatever...

But, we kind of got the impression that what we were doing was wrong/forbidden... so, we definitely don't want to jeopardize our participation in the best online IL-2 experience out there...

We are very interested in seeing balanced teams, and we want to stay within the rules, so please let us know what the specifics are for next TAW.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users