LuseKofte

DCS news

I really want this module, but the time commitment as mentioned before to get to know it to fly it is my reason for not buying. I bought the F18 last year and was really impressed with it but never got to actually fire weapons in it as I spend a lot of time learning how to operate off the carrier. 

still the F14 is a sexy plane and I wants it. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Guccigang_Zesphr said:

Are you using DLC for landing? it helps reduce the lift and stops it from floating 

Haven't got quite that far yet, need to do some reading lol.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Tyberan said:

I really want this module, but the time commitment as mentioned before to get to know it to fly it is my reason for not buying. I bought the F18 last year and was really impressed with it but never got to actually fire weapons in it as I spend a lot of time learning how to operate off the carrier. 

still the F14 is a sexy plane and I wants it. 

My initial impression.  Tedious cold-start procedure.  A lot of things not mappable to controls, which hopefully will be addressed.  But easier to fly and fight in than F/A-18, from a pilot standpoint, because Jester does all the clicky stuff.   If Jester identifies the bandits, you are good to fire AIM-54 because he is in TWS, and all you need to do is launch the missiles, and I guess they are targeted in sequence.  For Aim-7, just use the menu for STT.   And in visual range, your ACM modes are similar to F/A-18 (PLM, like Boresight, and Vertical scan, and PLA).   Jester's callout during manuevering engagements are a wonderful thing for situational awareness, that we simply don't have when we're alone, and since spotting is THE thing in air combat.  To me at least, plane seems easier to get a good landing on carrier, but hey, all of my landings would probably get an F with a real LSO. (I only crash into the fantail one out of every 6 or 7 times, so from a flight simmer's standpoint....🤣)

You know you're going to, so just get it. Even women that couldn't give a rat's ass about aviation think the F-14 is sexy, and the women will be cascading around you like an avalanche, because you fly an F-14 simulation and can talk about Pulse Doppler vs Pulse.🤣🤣🤣

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

If you have not yet check out the music whilst in cockpit of F 14.

Left shift + m turns music on.

Left ctrl + m turns music off.

5 hours ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

And then install my Walkman mod for some proper music. :)

Is JGSME required to install it? or can I just put in my mods folder where the original soundtrack is located?

On 3/17/2019 at 5:11 PM, SeaSerpent said:

You know you're going to, so just get it. Even women that couldn't give a rat's ass about aviation think the F-14 is sexy, and the women will be cascading around you like an avalanche, because you fly an F-14 simulation and can talk about Pulse Doppler vs Pulse.🤣🤣🤣

Spoken like a true virgin. 😄

22 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

Spoken like a true virgin. 😄

11287140_10205296929276287_1322660819_n.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Damn...I'm about due to watch that again...never gets old.

• Like 1

Not fond of so much static external MiG camera, but looks like fun.

Aha!  Have discovered that by putting an RTX2070 in my pc DCS becomes a whole new sim!

Can anyone recommend a decent TrackIr profile for the jets in DCS?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Aha!  Have discovered that by putting an RTX2070 in my pc DCS becomes a whole new sim!

I have no competence in GPU 2000 series, does the 2070 perform better than 1090 ti ? 

Looks great, I am away so I haven't flown for long time.

7 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

In forum there are several profiles, never tested them myself , so I cannot recommend any of them

In my case, I found that it was perfectly fine to use the same one I was using in IL-2, but with one small modification:  I narrowed down the deadzones I have around the center.  The reason for this is that I found the smaller the deadzone, the easier it is to use helmet mounted targeting devices, such as found on the F/A-18, the Ka-50,  and a couple of the FC3 Russian fighters.  I still have a deadzone, I just made it smaller.

39 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I have no competence in GPU 2000 series, does the 2070 perform better than 1090 ti ? 

Looks great, I am away so I haven't flown for long time.

A 1080ti?....couldn't tell you as I've gone from a 970.  What I can tell you is everything is at max on all my sims now but I'm still running a 27" 1920 x 1080 monitor.  Now pondering whether to get a 4k monitor or a Rift/Vive from ebay.....which will now be half the price of a monitor:wacko:.

46 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

In my case, I found that it was perfectly fine to use the same one I was using in IL-2, but with one small modification:  I narrowed down the deadzones I have around the center.  

I have been using the really good BoS profile from John Hardtack.  It works very well in DCS - good look around with the ability to explore the cockpit - but is just a bit too 'nervous'.

21 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

A 1080ti?....couldn't tell you as I've gone from a 970.  What I can tell you is everything is at max on all my sims now but I'm still running a 27" 1920 x 1080 monitor.  Now pondering whether to get a 4k monitor or a Rift/Vive from ebay.....which will now be half the price of a monitor:wacko:.

22 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Yes I have been wondering about a Rift myself, I have a lot of cocpitfeatures making immersion without it. But for Huey and GB in general I do not need other things than controls. For Flying Circus I guess the Rift would be golden. Easier to identify planes and slower flying would make it amazing. Last time I flew with a borrowed Rift I flew Huey in DCS and PO 2 in GB . Amazing feeling well worth a used Rift price

Well against my better judgement I went and bought the f-14. I'm a little disappointed the advertised included map wasn't in the alpha/beta/whatever release but I am extremely impressed with the aircraft. Jester is an outstanding step forward in Flight simming.  Like Seaserpent said, his, Jesters, callouts help a great deal in air to air engagements. To launch, take out the bad guys then land back on the boat has to be one of the finest feelings in a flight sim I've had for a very long time. With Jester with me all the way the immersion was just increadable.  I can't help but think the DCS platform has shot itself in the foot with this release. Who would need or want any other aircraft in the DCS stable? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Who would need or want any other aircraft in the DCS stable? 

Certainly not me.

If I installed DCS again it would be just for this aircraft.

1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

Certainly not me.

If I installed DCS again it would be just for this aircraft.

Yeah, couldn't help myself. Installed DCS but none of my other purchases, just the F-14 and Nevada. Apart from the Persian gulf map there really isn't anything else that interests me. The announced F-8 but that will be a long long time comming. I'm not saying buy the F-14 but if all the planned parts of the module, map, carrier, campaigns will be released, as promised, it certainly is worth the price.

Keep us posted.

It's all about the campaigns - not the least of which a good Nevada "Top Gun" type campaign.

3 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

I can't help but think the DCS platform has shot itself in the foot with this release. Who would need or want any other aircraft in the DCS stable? 

Quite the opposite. With this AI crew member  system in place, they can now introduce a bunch of cool two seaters, that would be otherwise too complicated for a single guy to fly.

Think of all those cool, two seat, all weather, cold war interceptors. Think of the Mig-31, su-30, Su-34, F-111, Intruder. 

Then all those two seat attack helicopters.

All of them can now be modelled.

They just opened a new market.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Yeah, couldn't help myself. Installed DCS but none of my other purchases, just the F-14 and Nevada. Apart from the Persian gulf map there really isn't anything else that interests me. The announced F-8 but that will be a long long time comming. I'm not saying buy the F-14 but if all the planned parts of the module, map, carrier, campaigns will be released, as promised, it certainly is worth the price.

Yeah they unpromised the map a while back apparently. For the Viggen as well...

6 hours ago, Danziger said:

Yeah they unpromised the map a while back apparently. For the Viggen as well...

One simply must laught mustn't one. I wonder when the carrier and campaigns will be unpromised? Standard DCS practice. JFC

14 hours ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

51VWGNVB2ML._SY445_.jpg

Yes please!

👍

"Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make history".😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaws2002 said:

👍

"Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make history".😂

More cheesy than a big bag of cheesy things...

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Isn't heatblur working on an A6?

Edited by Tyberan

16 minutes ago, Tyberan said:

Isn't heatblur working on an A6?

AI asset for the F14 package. Unless all that stuff like the carrier and deck crew get unpromised as well...

I would actually be more motivated flying fixed wing in DCS if they made A6 Intruder. I haven't tried the F 14 yet, and I am guessing it will be a while

I'm waiting for a huge sale to get more DCS stuff. Right now don't have the time to learn more planes. I have enough to learn already.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:23 PM, LuseKofte said:

Last time I flew with a borrowed Rift I flew Huey in DCS and PO 2 in GB . Amazing feeling well worth a used Rift price

Rift arrives Friday.  :salute:Ebay.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 5:24 AM, Rolling_Thunder said:

One simply must laught mustn't one. I wonder when the carrier and campaigns will be unpromised? Standard DCS practice. JFC

"Unpromised" the DCS Story.

In theaters Fall 2019

Posted (edited)

Slowly learning the rear seat and finding the RIO position in MP more fun and rewarding than I ever imagined.

Edited by Garven
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Garven said:

Slowly learning the rear seat and finding the RIO position in MP more fun and rewarding than I ever imagined.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome stuff.  I'm finding myself amazed at the level of Tomcat knowledge that some of the VF squads have already amassed, and the skill of some of the RIOs despite the fact that the F-14 just came out.  Demand for good human RIOs is going to be very high in the dedicated carrier-based squads.

Edited by SeaSerpent

18 hours ago, Garven said:

Cool

I would never have time for that.

Garven doesn't take as long to learn the RIO as an old carmudgeon like you, Gambit. 🤣