LuseKofte

DCS news

13 hours ago, LLv24_T_Sukkaa said:

Cows?

FFS let me tell you I'd take a cow simulator from ED if they would just provide a completed, fully realized cow release with appropriate pasture, cows, appropriate secondary farm animals,  food items, damage model.

Unfortunately we'd probably get a single cow species, a bus station map, and an AI Triceratops.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, dburne said:

There is some new "eagerly awaited new Eagle Dynamics feature" 

coming in an update tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what it is.

Instead of just clicking on the .exe, players will be able to start the game manually.  It will be thrilling.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Manually compile the start up directory one file at a time...oh the immersion.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Manually compile the start up directory one file at a time...oh the immersion.

That would surely go faster than the release of the F-14. It's like a horse giving birth at this point lol

8 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

That would surely go faster than the release of the F-14. It's like a horse giving birth at this point lol

Wasn't it supposed to be released this month?

8 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Yes but the constant "It's about to come" since December has got many fed up

1 minute ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Yes but the constant "It's about to come" since December has got many fed up

Yeah I bought it when it was posted on the webstore. I had seen video reviews of it from youtubers so I thought it was out. Boy was I wrong. That is the last thing I buy from Heatblur/Leatherneck/Magnitude3LLC that's for sure. They spend so much time and effort hyping up what they are working on that it probably is causing some of the delay. Then with the constant delays people get sick of looking at reviewers hyping it up even more while they still have to wait months and years past the stated release date.

43 minutes ago, Danziger said:

It was this spring, so yes, the dealine must be the 21st of this month

2 hours ago, Danziger said:

I wonder how the P-47 is coming along.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Wake me up when Mi-24 and map of Afghanistan is released. If Dassault Mirage IIIC and Sinai-Suez canal map is released earlier, you can wake me up as well.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Brano said:

Wake me up when Mi-24 and map of Afghanistan is released. If Dassault Mirage IIIC and Sinai-Suez canal map is released earlier, you can wake me up as well.

Are you into crysleep?

1 hour ago, Brano said:

Dreaming is cheaper option. Good call.

MiG 19 released today, no pre order so you can use bonus to knock money off the price. I love the early MiGs!

I think I actually might be crazy enough to pay for a Farm Assets Pack for DCS with cows and chickens roaming the fields, but as much as I want it, I won't allow myself to buy Mig-19 just yet.  I know what happens...I go off on some tangent with a new airplane, and continue to neglect getting good at the ones I already have.  Flight simming takes discipline!

47 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

35 dollars with bonus points. Not bat :)

That's what mine cost 😁

9 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I wonder how the P-47 is coming along.

There is a hint of the P-47 cockpit by Nine of Nine or what ever his handle is on the WW11 ED forum.  BTW I wonder if I'll get banned over there now:wacko:.  Oh wait I have a different handle over there.

34 minutes ago, Taxman said:

There is a hint of the P-47 cockpit by Nine of Nine or what ever his handle is on the WW11 ED forum.  BTW I wonder if I'll get banned over there now:wacko:.  Oh wait I have a different handle over there.

There is a World War Eleven forum?🤪

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

There is a World War Eleven forum?🤪

Well at the pace they are going it could very well be.

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 9:18 PM, Taxman said:

There is a hint of the P-47 cockpit by Nine of Nine or what ever his handle is on the WW11 ED forum. 

Shhhh, don't tell anyone I told you guys, but the cockpit is really nice wink.gif

[edited]. All the cockpits are really nice we all know that. Everything else is a [edited]show. 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Next time I wont lose my time editing your language. Control it.

6 hours ago, Taxman said:

As for what I named NineLine I do apologize, but I wonder about the Line?

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 3:15 AM, Rolling_Thunder said:

Shhhh, don't tell anyone I told you guys, but the cockpit is really nice wink.gif

[edited]. All the cockpits are really nice we all know that. Everything else is a [edited] show. 

But how is everything else [edited] show?

I have a black shark helicopter. I have many different combat enviroments, and terrains within which I can fly/fight. I have campaigns, and SP missions I can fly, or a mission editor with which to make pretty much any kind of mission I see fit. The flight models, and physics are utterly unparalleled, and this is where the bulk of the focus and resources go (as oppose to making an SP game like IL-2). Hardly [edited] show.

I know you guys demand it be a neat little package, with a uniform narrative, and historical context, but thats just not what DCS is about, and if that were the case there would be a lot less modules/terrains.

DCS is a sandbox and study sim, with contributions from a wide range of third party developers, who can (and do) make any AC they feel fit. It is not supposed to be linear, and is by design and intention all over the place.

It has truly grown by leaps and bounds these last few years, and is getting better all the time. Thanks to MS (and the fact that most prop planes are not affected by ASW/MS) performance for me in VR has even surpassed IL-2 recently.

There are DCS fanboys who are just as disparaging about IL-2. Your opinions about DCS are no more valid, or false than are theirs concerning Il-2.

And lets face it IL-2 could also do with some improvements, and is by no means perfect especailly in VR. Some things DCS is great for IL-2 is poor, and vice versa.

Yes in your opinion DCS is a [edited] show, in mine it is the best combat flight simulator ever made bar none. But of course that is just my opinion. 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Next time I wont lose my time editing your language. Control it.

F14 release, 13th March

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

So, how is the Farmer?

Very nice.  I can't resist fifties/early sixties cold war heavy metal so this ticks all the boxes. 

First flight after an hour of (not quite) mapping all the major controls.:) 

Oh yeah,  flushed with success after managing to land it in one piece it then took me two hours to figure out how to release the chocks to taxi to take off on my second flight.:wacko:

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

A real Hero of the Soviet Union selects afterburnski and just taxies over those capitalist pig chocks :russian_ru::crazy:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

The training missions done by Baltic Dragon are also worth to be mentioned. They're nothing but excellent and feel like a small trainingcampaign. 

Overall I'm really satisfied with the Mig-19. There are some important keybindings missing though. 

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Upvote 1

Apparently the MiG-23 is up next. Interesting.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who owns the WW2 Assets pack, could you tell me if any of the tanks and vehicles are player drivable, please.

Thank you.

Mike.

@Rolling_Thunder  Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Bit disappointing then, i would have been interested if there were some drivable vehicles.

Thanks again.

Mike.

Posted (edited)

Well I caved in the final release date is set for March 13 and the release trailer convinced me, so  bought the Mig 19 and F 14. I know my limited time won't let me enjoy these two very much. I need to go to rehab

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I heard the new DCS engine is very demanding regarding hardware. I have i5 7600 3.5@4.1 Ghz, SSD, 16GB ddr4 2400 RAM and will buy gtx 1660 6GB soon (it would be somewhere between 1060 6GB and 1070). Im affraid this rig isnt enough for DCS on 1200p 60hz monitor.

Edited by blackram

Apparently Leatherneck is doing the F8 Crusader along with the Corsair.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, blackram said:

I heard the new DCS engine is very demanding regarding hardware. I have i5 7600 3.5@4.1 Ghz, SSD, 16GB ddr4 2400 RAM and will buy gtx 1660 6GB soon (it would be somewhere between 1060 6GB and 1070). Im affraid this rig isnt enough for DCS on 1200p 60hz monitor.

Can't say for sure obviously, but I'm guessing that's just fine, especially if you're getting a good gpu.  I'm running I7 6700k at 4.5Ghz.  I have SLI with two 1070s, but since SLI isn't supported, it's essentially only using 1 card.   I'm using a 3440x1440 Gsync monitor clocked to 120hz.  I have pretty high graphics settings, and things are very fast and smooth.  Therefore, my guess is that your computer is enough to run DCS well.  The only thing I'm not sure about is what effect the lack of hyperthreading on the I5 would have.  I think that DCS is multithreaded (runs the sound as a separate thread???), but don't quote me on it.  I have no idea if that would create a noticeable performance problem.  DCS world is freely downloadable and comes with an SU-25T (non clicky cockpit) and a TF-51(clicky and essentially an unarmed version of the payware P-51).  Before actually buying any of the modules, it might be worth trying out to get a feel for how it runs on the free airplanes, and if it sucks, then you'll know it sucks without having layed out mucho dinero for any planes.

Edited by SeaSerpent

I ran it adequately with i7 2,8 ghz GTX 680, they say you can win much by increase ram to 32 GB Ram