LuseKofte

DCS news

It is not a prototyp, it was just another prop. DB605C with higher boost was also not a prototyp, but used in front line action, so it could be even worse in DCS (or good for the Germans). And as DB605 noted, this prop wasn't even optimized for climbing, but even worse then the "normal" one. So it's probably - just putting two and two together, not a fact - a chart that includes exhaust thrust. This would explain why it has 25m/s, little less then the K4 in DCS that has 26m/s. 

Indeed. The paper was made as an estimate, to show how a new thin bladed prop (12199 type) would change performance compared to the existing, serially produced one (12159). They provided calculations for the existing serial produced configuration as a basis of comparison, so you have data there for the actual serial production plane. But it is said in the introduction of the paper that as far as climb goes, they reckoned that the new prop and the serial production prop gave similar results, only in top speed showed the new prop an advantage of about 12 km/h, and that at altitude.

As far as I know the DCS figures are not based on a single paper, but on analysis of many.. including lots of flight trials of the 109G, with proper corrections of course. During 1943 Messerschmitt performed a lot of flight trials to see how changing some items on the plane effects performance (how much wheel doors reduce drag, for example), so there is plenty of flight test to build on. From the discussions I have seen, I believe they have analysed the power/weight ratio vs climb rate achieved in various 109 trials, and the 109K (and 190D) calculated climb figures showed an anomaly, they were lower than what you would expect based on the other tests... the conclusion was, IIRC and do not qoute me on it, that if the model was adjusted with exhaust thrust added tothe figures would then fit into the other data well and make good sense. So the original calculations may have well ommited to take into account exhaust thrust  

In any case climb rate on the 109 is not set into stone. Exhaust thrust is quite a significant factor, but your radiator opening also defines it greatly, and the Germans usually assumed a rather wide open radiator with a lots of drag produced in their estimates. Didn't really matter for comparison purposes though.

Yeah, i saw kicstarter too and i'm glad i did participate it. Now we have best 109, D9, P-51 and soon Spitfire IX available in sim market. Then Normandy map with WW2 vehicles, tanks etc. Future looks brighter than ever.

I have 109K, Mustang and Dora, but won't buy Spit (despite I love her), until I can fly them all on a WW2 map.

Hope I will get the Normandy map - thanks to my participation in kickstarter. 

Edited by ST_ami7b5
  • Upvote 1

Guest deleted@30725

"We and Belsimtek are happy to announce that the 1.5.5 Update 1 also brings the Mi-8MTV2 out of Early Access into its final release form."

At last!

"Dear users!

Only DCS World keys purchased from these locations are valid purchases and can be activated in the Module Manager:

Any DCS World keys purchased from other sources are invalid and are simply trying to re-sell keys that are bound to other users or purchased through fraud. Such sites include Kinguin, CDExpress and G2A.

If you purchase DCS World keys from these sites, we cannot help you. We suggest you contact these sites for a refund."

Ooops. Posted in wrong topic, fixed.    :)

Edited by Sokol1

I think Sokol reacted to the thread where someone showed a short film of aircraft dropping napalm (or some sort of incendiary bombs) on a small village.

The OP of that thread wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this action.

EDIT: I can't find that thread anywhere.......

Edited by Bando

WWII Cas, in this department, was started by Sokol

Cheers Dakpilot

Funny enough I can be without it, I bought it but seems to have no interest. I fly choppers in DCS and that is it. I hope my interest get awake when ww2 maps and objects are out

OMG OMG OMG omg

Landscape and graphics looks [Edited] incredible. Even way better then i hoped. Can't wait for the Normandy map. 

Edited by Bearcat
Profanity

Guest deleted@30725

Since we don't have the normandy map this is suddenly less appealing. If the map was out I think this would be insta buy.

Their visual representation of aircraft always amazes me. And those shots of Normandy look so sweet...

Hyped! but ....

look-at-my-wallet-its-empty-thumb.jpg

:lol:  :lol: Same!! DCS BoS/M/K AND COLLECTOR'S PLANES, more DLC Maps in DCS. more other games.. My Money Run :lol:

My Favorite Flight sim in this moment. isss......... Rise of Flight!! for me is the best flight simulator.

after is BoS/M/K.

Edited by =3./JG3=Lothar29

:lol:  :lol: Same!! DCS BoS/M/K AND COLLECTOR'S PLANES, more DLC Maps in DCS. more other games.. My Money Run :lol:

My Favorite Flight sim in this moment. isss......... Rise of Flight!! for me is the best flight simulator.

after is BoS/M/K.

A bit OT, but have you tried WOFF?

A bit OT, but have you tried WOFF?

I for one am very tempted to grab it now as it's on sale, had a longer conversation with a WoFF player.

One more thing i'd like to know..do you know how far the render distance is in WoFF? Is it comparable to IL2-1946 (maxed out HSFX)? Or only like RoF? 

Sorry for OT, but was just grabbing the moment

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*

I for one am very tempted to grab it now as it's on sale, had a longer conversation with a WoFF player.

One more thing i'd like to know..do you know how far the render distance is in WoFF? Is it comparable to IL2-1946 (maxed out HSFX)? Or only like RoF? 

Sorry for OT, but was just grabbing the moment

IMHO as to the graphics, FM, DM... RoF is way better than WoFF.

On the other hand WoFF has much better AIs (well, its an offline only SIM) and the immersion ('being there') is very good. 

So... it's good to have both of them  :)

Edited by ST_ami7b5

I ordered it as soon as It came out on pre-order.... can't play I'm moving house and all my stuff is in storage at the moment... bloody hell!

Very well done plane.

But for you don't forget where you are in the Could Start single mission, while you are pumping the primer, a Huey take off   landing on your side.  :P  :lol:

Like in CloD Spit, the Russian programmers don't understand the "left hand" English system in P-8 compass and model compass Lubber Line wrong...  :huh:

Edited by Sokol1

I'm not a Spit expert (Spitspert?) by any means. But the Mk.IX has finally replaced RoF for best "feeling of flight". Man is is awesome...

There is a possibility I install this and test it, I like the look of its pit and of course its model. But what t o do with it except flying around

But what t o do with it except flying around

That is the "spirit" of the thing. After two weeks goes for the shelf.  :biggrin:

Landing still hard, more that early Bf 109 K-4.

Edited by Sokol1

There is a possibility I install this and test it, I like the look of its pit and of course its model. But what t o do with it except flying around

Training! More training! Endless training! :joy:

If you're not into that way of thinking, then wait for Normandy.

But you will likely have to train in Normandy too.

Edited by Picchio