Jump to content
LuseKofte

DCS news

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Wulfen said:

I really like the Harrier and it`s now a firm favourite. Extremely versatile, easy enough to get a good handle on it`s abilities but I think would be a good challenge to master. Lasing targets and dropping multiple  GBU 16`s from >20,000 ft, followed by a satisfying splash is always a treat. Definitely a steal at 50% off and I believe there is more to come from Razbam in relation to the development of the module. I now must put some time into the Mirage to get a handle on it`s systems, it`s a beautiful aircraft and extremely stable.

 

On the WW2 birds. I did a few missions in the Spitfire, not too successfully I must say, but enjoyable. I found the flight model a good deal more skittish than the IL2 version, which is rock solid. On the flight mechanics and clickable cockpit experience, I enjoyed the problem solving aspect of it. A case in point being while travelling at speed with my three fellow wingmen to try and catch the main wing of approximately 12 or more spitfires heading for the French coastline. I, in my eagerness to maximise my closing speed hit the supercharger,  but of course I was at too low an altitude. Within about 30 seconds the engine started to splutter and rapidly lose power. I suddenly had an image of a watery end and frantically looked around the cockpit clicking switches, adjusting mixture, engine rpm etc.,  all the time losing speed and altitude. In the right corner of my eye I then saw the low fuel pressure light beaming ominously. Then it flashed into my brain about the startup sequence and the need to build up fuel pressure by the pumping of the black lever at my right shoulder.

At this stage the engine had died, so I began furious rapid movement on said level after which the light went out, I then hit the starter again while flapping about with the mixture and throttle whereupon the engine fired back into life. Immediately it was put to full power to recover from the dive with about a 1,000 ft to spare. This aspect of split second problem solving, technical and situational awareness was not something I was expecting as part of my endeavors, but it made the experience all the more realistic and thoroughly enjoyable, with a great sense of accomplishment that a crap rookie such as myself,  managed to pull his head out of the vice in which, I had so neatly placed it. It also gave the aircraft a life on it`s own, with a warning that if you fluted about, mistreated, or made the wrong decision in it`s operation it would ask for your life in return. Of course when I did catch up to main bunch and entered the fray, all my previous heroics went down in flames in short order, as our group merged with about 16 Dora`s high above the estuary.  The episode has left me with a new found appreciation of the system depth of the aircraft and the pilot interactions that flow from that.

 

In another very positive note, I have found that having at least 20 or more aircraft dicing with death high above the French coastline has little to no effect on the fps, which was hitting the 90fps for me on high settings, 1.4 PD, 4x MSAA and the shaders mod (RTX 2080).  In an earlier run against eight B17`s in my K-4 and later MiG-15, high above the channel I had a near steady 90fps. There was little to no impact on fps. Such AI aircraft numbers in IL2 would cause a massive drop in fps, something to think about.

My view is, well worth the sale price.

 

 

Great story about the spitfire! Can relate alot, and its a big reason why I love DCS/WW2 as well!

I think a big part of it is VR/jetseat but I just feel more immersed in the DCS planes. It's little things like you described that add up to alot, and make you really feel as if you are flying, and own a historical simulation of the actual plane. And yeah it's defo best for performance to set up missions close to the coast and have the air battles play out over the sea if possible. I set up such a mission over the persian gulf! Beautiful!

 

Have you managed a perfect landing yet?

Any mishaps on takeoff?

 

Edited by Wolf8312

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

 

 

Beans on toast is good. :biggrin:

 

What kind of update for the P51? I have that one and it's good fun.

 

The model and the internal and external textures are getting an update. ED has been retroactively going back through some of their older content and updating it so that it better supports the new tech in DCS World 2.5. They are doing the same for modules like the A-10C. It's just going to be a slow process :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

The model and the internal and external textures are getting an update. ED has been retroactively going back through some of their older content and updating it so that it better supports the new tech in DCS World 2.5. They are doing the same for modules like the A-10C. It's just going to be a slow process :)

 

 

I do enjoy free updates.

 

I was hunting ZSU-23 Shilkas in the P51 last night. Good fun. Me go "BOOM!" many times. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

 

Great story about the spitfire! Can relate alot, and its a big reason why I love DCS/WW2 as well!

I think a big part of it is VR/jetseat but I just feel more immersed in the DCS planes. It's little things like you described that add up to alot, and make you really feel as if you are flying, and own a historical simulation of the actual plane. And yeah it's defo best for performance to set up missions close to the coast and have the air battles play out over the sea if possible. I set up such a mission over the persian gulf! Beautiful!

 

Have you managed a perfect landing yet?

Any mishaps on takeoff?

 

Landing in the Spitfire, not yet. I`d have to make it back to the airfield first, but I`ve only had a few runs. Taking off is a bit tricky as she`s inclined to be skittish. Yes, DCS for me is mostly for the modern jets and the interaction with the tech wizardly of same. I have to say the MiG-15 and Sabre are really nice aircraft when you want something just to rip around in w/o all the buttons and wizardly. I`d buy a Korea BoX if IL2 developed it, maybe with the Me 262 and jet flight physics been added to the game, it may become a reality after a pacific campaign. IL2 is still that bit better on the WW2 front, aircraft are a bit more polished and pleasing to to eye, although the more recent DCS spitfire is close. The damage model in DCS is nowhere near the quality of IL2, DCS have to get the finger out there, and of course DCS need a career mode.

Again optimization is what is badly needed for both, for VR nuts such as myself. I have no problem with DCS and IL2 swimming in the same pool, and it`s a good thing to have two very good flight sim games to support while quality content is been delivered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wulfen said:

Landing in the Spitfire, not yet. I`d have to make it back to the airfield first, but I`ve only had a few runs. Taking off is a bit tricky as she`s inclined to be skittish. Yes, DCS for me is mostly for the modern jets and the interaction with the tech wizardly of same. I have to say the MiG-15 and Sabre are really nice aircraft when you want something just to rip around in w/o all the buttons and wizardly. I`d buy a Korea BoX if IL2 developed it, maybe with the Me 262 and jet flight physics been added to the game, it may become a reality after a pacific campaign. IL2 is still that bit better on the WW2 front, aircraft are a bit more polished and pleasing to to eye, although the more recent DCS spitfire is close. The damage model in DCS is nowhere near the quality of IL2, DCS have to get the finger out there, and of course DCS need a career mode.

Again optimization is what is badly needed for both, for VR nuts such as myself. I have no problem with DCS and IL2 swimming in the same pool, and it`s a good thing to have two very good flight sim games to support while quality content is been delivered.

 

I love the Spitfire in both sims.

In DCS more for the procedural stuff, in VR it is very awesome especially.  I use Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro for comms, and it is an  incredible experience.

The Spit in DCS can be quite challenging in ground handling , takeoff and especially landing. Nothing like greasing a landing though.

 

For campaign/career flying though, IL- 2 wins by a long shot and where I spend the bulk of my time. ( I am only a SP flyer).

Between the Career Mode and PWCG, I have had many hours of great enjoyment and will continue to enjoy for a long time.

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It hurts a lot to say, but BOX simply do not appeal anymore. I think it is the fact that I do not like fighters. I do believe it is the best WW2 combat sim though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

It hurts a lot to say, but BOX simply do not appeal anymore. I think it is the fact that I do not like fighters. I do believe it is the best WW2 combat sim though

 

It can’t hurt too much, since this is about the 10th time that you’ve said it.

  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big problem with DCS is, that it lacks singleplayer content (WW2 planes). If they would create a career mode like in BoX they could motivate way more people to buy their stuff. Until then it is not more than a hodgepodge of maps and planes without any playable context for longterm enjoyment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me ww 2 in DCS is too narrow , it need general purpose aircraft . Bombers in order to be interesting. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dburne said:

 

I love the Spitfire in both sims.

In DCS more for the procedural stuff, in VR it is very awesome especially.  I use Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro for comms, and it is an  incredible experience.

The Spit in DCS can be quite challenging in ground handling , takeoff and especially landing. Nothing like greasing a landing though.

 

For campaign/career flying though, IL- 2 wins by a long shot and where I spend the bulk of my time. ( I am only a SP flyer).

Between the Career Mode and PWCG, I have had many hours of great enjoyment and will continue to enjoy for a long time.

I have the Vaicom Pro software, bought it the other day but I haven`t looked at it to figure it out yet. I have VoiceAttack for years as I used to use it in Elite. I have to look at some youtube tutorials on the setting up of Vaicom. I bought it with the chatter bundle for 9 euro`s, so it`s harmless enough spend. I just went ahead and pre-ordered the F-14 tonight (due to Heatblur`s excellent previous work) which was a decent outlay, but that will end my DCS spending for quiet awhile. I hope it`s here before Christmas. I agree on IL2, it really delivers a lot for the price, and the dev`s are excellent. They constantly deliver high quality work to a rigorous schedule. I think DCS could learn a lot from IL2. Both are good in VR and at times I find it hard to say which one is better, I think IL2 seems to have the edge.

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Big problem with DCS is, that it lacks singleplayer content (WW2 planes). If they would create a career mode like in BoX they could motivate way more people to buy their stuff. Until then it is not more than a hodgepodge of maps and planes without any playable context for longterm enjoyment.

Agreed, the WW2 modules are never worth their full price. The thing is DCS has a lot of potential, but they lack focus on what should be the basics such as career mode. Spend some dev time and get the basics right then build upon that. 

 

For those that use VR for DCS, this link provides a great little mod that causes the dot labels to fade out completely as you close the distance to your target, so no more annoying obstructions on aerial and ground attacks. It work very well, https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224708.

Edited by Wulfen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 12:27 AM, LuseKofte said:

To me ww 2 in DCS is too narrow , it need general purpose aircraft . Bombers in order to be interesting. 

It might be that but your only interest is bombers. You stated so many times. Not everybody wants bombers nor see them interesting. DCS WW2 lacks focus, not bombers in my opinion.

 

Nothing against bombers it's just how the whole package is. I think DCS WW2 it's good but it could be better if it had some progress. It won't be able to surpass Il-2 in the near future tho. There is other sim, Wings over the Reich wich has a rich SP experience and doesn't have bombers.

Edited by LF_Gallahad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LF_Gallahad said:

It might be that but your only interest is bombers. You stated so many times. Not everybody wants bombers nor see them interesting. DCS WW2 lacks focus, not bombers in my opinion.

 

Nothing against bombers it's just how the whole package is. I think DCS WW2 it's good but it could be better if it had some progress. It won't be able to surpass Il-2 in the near future tho. There is other sim, Wings over the Reich wich has a rich SP experience and doesn't have bombers.

Yes I get that, But compared to bodenplatte witch got excellent fighter bombers DCS still lack a lot to be a complete WW2 simulator. Such  a waste in recourses , I enjoy free flight now and then in the spitfire. 

I like something more than dogfighting, I am bad at spotting in all games, so I simply avoid it. I am well aware of the fact that being able to improve as a fighter pilot is the most and long lived enjoyment in all sims . But I am not able to do so.

I am not asking for removal of fighters, I ask for more complex ground units / targets and ability to strike these

Edited by LuseKofte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Yes I get that, But compared to bodenplatte witch got excellent fighter bombers DCS still lack a lot to be a complete WW2 simulator. Such  a waste in recourses , I enjoy free flight now and then in the spitfire. 

I like something more than dogfighting, I am bad at spotting in all games, so I simply avoid it. I am well aware of the fact that being able to improve as a fighter pilot is the most and long lived enjoyment in all sims . But I am not able to do so.

I am not asking for removal of fighters, I ask for more complex ground units / targets and ability to strike these

I see your point LuseKofte. Please don't take me wrong. I have nothing against you or the bombers but I think it's a niche inside a niche. I love to fly bombers but I also fly figthers. I guess many people who fly bombers usually fly figthers and it's hard to find bomber dedicated players. I think you should give another go to fighters. It's not about being an ace, sometimes you don't even shoot but you have your reward for doing your task be recon, patrol etc. A fighter plane never fights alone. Your work as a squad member it's useful even if you don't pull the trigger,

 

Kind regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

So who is going to volunteer to be LuseKofte's wingman? 🤣🤣

 

Those who have use me as bait 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So have they said when the F-14 is going to be released? Are they still saving it for next xmas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Danziger said:

So have they said when the F-14 is going to be released? Are they still saving it for next xmas?

 

This winter, mid-february at latest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is hard to tell. Because this one will be a full module, no beta period . I would think if it gone beta ,it would have been available to xmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of talk of it being released on the 21st December, as that's when the real one first flew, but that could just be wishful thinking. I have plenty of other modules to keep me busy anyway, and very little time to learn any of them beyond the basics!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 7:54 AM, Wulfen said:

Agreed, the WW2 modules are never worth their full price.

 

I think you should give each individual module more of a chance before rushing to judgement. I have bought many modules that turned out to be a waste of money but I have never come across any that I thought were poor, or bad modules, just that I neglected them in favour of others I liked more.  

The important thing with DCS is focusing on a module without any distraction, which is why many warned you about buying too many modules at once, as obviously we've all done it ourselves, and know what it leads to!😀

Individual modules require alot of time, and effort learning how to fly, and fight in them, and the WW2 planes are no exception.

Pick the Spitfire and go through all the tutorials. Don't allow yourself to be distracted by any of the other planes/games, just make learning the spitfire your goal, and aim for mastery of the AC. Learn how to take off, fly, and land, and then master dogfighting, and get all the radio coms set up on Voice attack if possible.

Look upon it as if actually training, and preparing for war!

After all that is done, and you feel qualified so to speak, purchase, one or both of the spitfire campaigns, and attempt to complete it.

I think this way you'll get much more out of the experience, and will also be able to give a fairer assessment of the strengths, and weaknesses of DCS WW2...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you say all modules are not made equal, but as a package the WW2 side of DCS needs more development. Consequentially the WW2 modules are a stretch I feel at full value. Further development may change that. In truth, the urge to purchase of a lot of  the DCS modules is best tempered till there is a sale. I paid full price for the F-18 and I feel as a module it will deliver on that price due to it`s capabilities. I also pre-purchased the F-14 on the experience of the quality of the Viggen and the promised capabilities of the package. But in the end it`s up to people`s own mind to judge it on it`s merits and their ability to wait for a sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 10:07 PM, Wulfen said:

I really like the Harrier and it`s now a firm favourite. Extremely versatile, easy enough to get a good handle on it`s abilities but I think would be a good challenge to master. Lasing targets and dropping multiple  GBU 16`s from >20,000 ft, followed by a satisfying splash is always a treat. Definitely a steal at 50% off and I believe there is more to come from Razbam in relation to the development of the module. I now must put some time into the Mirage to get a handle on it`s systems, it`s a beautiful aircraft and extremely stable.

 

On the WW2 birds. I did a few missions in the Spitfire, not too successfully I must say, but enjoyable. I found the flight model a good deal more skittish than the IL2 version, which is rock solid. On the flight mechanics and clickable cockpit experience, I enjoyed the problem solving aspect of it. A case in point being while travelling at speed with my three fellow wingmen to try and catch the main wing of approximately 12 or more spitfires heading for the French coastline. I, in my eagerness to maximise my closing speed hit the supercharger,  but of course I was at too low an altitude. Within about 30 seconds the engine started to splutter and rapidly lose power. I suddenly had an image of a watery end and frantically looked around the cockpit clicking switches, adjusting mixture, engine rpm etc.,  all the time losing speed and altitude. In the right corner of my eye I then saw the low fuel pressure light beaming ominously. Then it flashed into my brain about the startup sequence and the need to build up fuel pressure by the pumping of the black lever at my right shoulder.

At this stage the engine had died, so I began furious rapid movement on said level after which the light went out, I then hit the starter again while flapping about with the mixture and throttle whereupon the engine fired back into life. Immediately it was put to full power to recover from the dive with about a 1,000 ft to spare. This aspect of split second problem solving, technical and situational awareness was not something I was expecting as part of my endeavors, but it made the experience all the more realistic and thoroughly enjoyable, with a great sense of accomplishment that a crap rookie such as myself,  managed to pull his head out of the vice in which, I had so neatly placed it. It also gave the aircraft a life on it`s own, with a warning that if you fluted about, mistreated, or made the wrong decision in it`s operation it would ask for your life in return. Of course when I did catch up to main bunch and entered the fray, all my previous heroics went down in flames in short order, as our group merged with about 16 Dora`s high above the estuary.  The episode has left me with a new found appreciation of the system depth of the aircraft and the pilot interactions that flow from that.

 

In another very positive note, I have found that having at least 20 or more aircraft dicing with death high above the French coastline has little to no effect on the fps, which was hitting the 90fps for me on high settings, 1.4 PD, 4x MSAA and the shaders mod (RTX 2080).  In an earlier run against eight B17`s in my K-4 and later MiG-15, high above the channel I had a near steady 90fps. There was little to no impact on fps. Such AI aircraft numbers in IL2 would cause a massive drop in fps, something to think about.

My view is, well worth the sale price.

 

I think you expressed exactly why I am fond in dcs very elegant , Sir. Thanks.

I had quite few of those feelings of accomplishment, first was managing the oilfield campaign without any mishap. One mission a day. Second one newest campaign for the ka 50. Probably the easiest one, but only after testing it with labels on first. 

You need to spend time for those moments of glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

 

😀

Individual modules require alot of time, and effort learning how to fly, and fight in them, and the WW2 planes are no exception.

 

 

Unfortunately you need an actual WWII environment to fly them in - so far that hasn't materialized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

 

Unfortunately you need an actual WWII environment to fly them in - so far that hasn't materialized.

 

I guess that depends on the person. I personally am in a WW2 enviroment every time I fly it, even if flying in the persian gulf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In DCS, just pay for more money to get WWII environment, but the early accese period is extremely long.

You can shoot down B-17 by only one round machineguns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DCS made me like P 51. I do not know if that model is right , but I find it very authentic. It ouse ww2 hot rod . 

The P47 in box do not give me that feeling. But they are both excellent modeled . It might be that odd engine sound in box that make me feel different. It kind of disappointing when you know what power that radial have. And I do not claim it to be wrong.

But for flying a combat simulator, box is miles ahead. 

Flying itself I personally prefer the dcs modules, and I do not mind paying for them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

 

Unfortunately you need an actual WWII environment to fly them in - so far that hasn't materialized.

 

 

The environment is what you make of it.

 

DCS does have good sandbox appeal. I have no problem going after Shilkas in the Persian Gulf with a P-51, or chasing FW-190s over Nevada inn F-86.

 

If it's fun and it looks good and there is variety and Big Ass Concrete Airfields, I'm all for it. Just want to fly and have fun.

Edited by CanadaOne
Smocking gun of mispellllling
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

 

 

The environment is what you make of it.

 

DCS does have good sandbox appeal. I have no problem going after Shilkas in the Persian Gulf with a P-51, or chasing FW-190s over Nevada inn F-86.

 

If it's fun and it looks good and there is variety and Big Ass Concrete Airfields, I'm all for it. Just want to fly and have fun.

 

It isnt even the enviroment that is the problem. The epsom campaign is brilliant, and very immersive, and the actual flying and fighting fantastic. Radio coms and mission breifing very in depth, and you better be well prepared. You certainly feel immersed in WW2, there is no argument there.

The problem as always with DCS is with performance (in VR anyway). Missions in epsom campaign are just too heavy for VR, so in the end with DCS one has to design his own missions, and keep them limited, and contained.

I still love doing this but how I wish I could fly the campaigns! Even single missions can be marred because in VR, DCS will lag hard if the mission designer, made it so that assets load into a mission or a pilot ejects for the first time etc. 

I long for the day when this will change as having got a taste for the epsom missions I really want more but it's just performs too poorly with ASW off, and with it on the artifacts are insane! 

So content is not the problem, there just need to be massive performance improvements, which are supposed to be coming but....they will have to be significant for missions of the kind in the epsom campaign!

Making ones own missions is all well and good, but flying one's own missions is like eating one's own food, and you always know what's coming! 

 

Edited by Wolf8312
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read something recently, maybe from a newsletter that DCS were going to run a ww2 dedicated server ? I think they mentioned Burning Skies, does anyone know what that is all about ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, =11=Herne said:

I read something recently, maybe from a newsletter that DCS were going to run a ww2 dedicated server ? I think they mentioned Burning Skies, does anyone know what that is all about ?

 

It is very fast loading with excellent in game performance.  It has also boosted WW2 numbers noticeably - the 3-4 times I was able to try it was a full server.

 

No stutters or latency issues at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tuesday said:

 

It is very fast loading with excellent in game performance.  It has also boosted WW2 numbers noticeably - the 3-4 times I was able to try it was a full server.

 

No stutters or latency issues at all.

 

sounds interesting, I'm using up unused Holiday next week, so should find some time to set up all my controls, (have to start over from PC rebuild) and give it a try. I was planning to focus on a TAW geekfest, but this sounds like it will be well worth the try. Do you know if that label thing posted above works on this server ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, =11=Herne said:

 

sounds interesting, I'm using up unused Holiday next week, so should find some time to set up all my controls, (have to start over from PC rebuild) and give it a try. I was planning to focus on a TAW geekfest, but this sounds like it will be well worth the try. Do you know if that label thing posted above works on this server ?

 

 

I don't think the label system works, but the dot system is in place and works well for spotting at large distances. 

 

The damage modelling is still bogus, particularly for warbirds, but it is still enjoyable if you are able to avoid dwelling too much on that for the time being. 

 

I look forward to seeing how the dedicated server handles with complex missions and eventually jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, =11=Herne said:

I read something recently, maybe from a newsletter that DCS were going to run a ww2 dedicated server ? I think they mentioned Burning Skies, does anyone know what that is all about ?

 

"Burning Money" is what I call my Dora purchase.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

 

"Burning Money" is what I call my Dora purchase.

 

That is what I call this hobby.

;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am finding the Spitfires in IL.2 after the FM update that took place early 2018 ( or was it already in 2017 ? ) ... a bit  "arcadish" / tamed / without the "live" they're described to have in many references I've read.

 

One of these days I installed the Spitfire IX module in DCS 2.5.3, and took it for a ride. I tested the takeoff and landing, and felt very disappointed when I found out it was performing pretty much like in IL.2, which I do not find very "realistic"... T thought to myself - maybe my problem after all ? 😕

 

Then I checked the controls Special Options Tab and found out I had "takeoff assistance" set to 100% 🙂

 

With this "arcade" option turned OFF, wow, the DCS Spitfire really feels like what I read everywhere about it, from taxi, to takeoff, flight, landing...  Every little bit, including that detail of the elevator seen slightly deflected down in straight & level flight at cruise speed&power settings, but also the dance on the rudder required at the final stages of landing when the tail / rudder become less effective, etc...

 

 

 

Edited by jcomm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...