LuseKofte

DCS news

Time is cruel to me, I think I park the Harrier for the time being and go for Viggen or F 5 . And In order to have fun with the KA 50 when a little rusty I suggest flying  one of the many campaigns with label on. After a while only have label on aircraft and missile. 

I am still bad at finding all targets in forrest and dense populated areas myself , when things get hot and stressful pull out and try again. KA 50 is a matter of being sneaky and smart, things I am bad at. But I do fair

47 minutes ago, dburne said:

The Black Shark is a blast to fly and fight in for sure.

My traditional problem with all of the DCS aircraft, including the Ka-50 is that they have so many controls only a fraction of which fit on a Hotas, I quickly forgot complex key combos if I didn't play it for a while, and I hate having to click things with a mouse during high intensity combat because it's really awkward.  Mouse clicking was fine in FSX, but for a combat sim, it was a real pain.  I finally solved this problem by using multiple Ipads as button controllers, so that I can have hundreds of labelled buttons and switches now, and if I don't play for a month, or play a different plane for a while, I'm not sitting there wondering "was it Left Ctrl + Right Alt+ Semicolon to turn on the laser or was it Right Shift + Left Ctrl plus Ampersand?"  

Now that I'm doing things in this new way, the planes have gained a new life, and I'm especially looking forward to getting good with the KA-50.  Hopefully I can finally get my money's worth out of these things now.

14 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Time is cruel to me, I think I park the Harrier for the time being and go for Viggen or F 5 . And In order to have fun with the KA 50 when a little rusty I suggest flying  one of the many campaigns with label on. After a while only have label on aircraft and missile. 

I am still bad at finding all targets in forrest and dense populated areas myself , when things get hot and stressful pull out and try again. KA 50 is a matter of being sneaky and smart, things I am bad at. But I do fair

That's when you send your wingman out to find them for ya and send over the datalink.

;)

Yeah I am about ready to finally set up my Gunfighter for the KA-50 and get back into some combat with it.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:12 AM, SeaSerpent said:

My traditional problem with all of the DCS aircraft, including the Ka-50 is that they have so many controls only a fraction of which fit on a Hotas, I quickly forgot complex key combos if I didn't play it for a while, and I hate having to click things with a mouse during high intensity combat because it's really awkward. 

What Hotas are you on? I never have that problem to be honest and never use key combos, all essentials are on my HOTAS (Warthog and virpil combo) and I also have an extra throttle quadrant, but thats a luxury not a necessity. The main thing is to make sure anything not needed in the heat of battle you can simply click with the mouse, while all other essential weapon systems are on the HOTAS.

3 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

What Hotas are you on? I never have that problem to be honest and never use key combos, all essentials are on my HOTAS (Warthog and virpil combo) and I also have an extra throttle quadrant, but thats a luxury not a necessity. The main thing is to make sure anything not needed in the heat of battle you can simply click with the mouse, while all other essential weapon systems are on the HOTAS.

Same here...

Yes Ed is PATHETIC. They let VEAO rip off customers and have never done a thing to shut down that bunch of (insert appropriate word here) ___ artists. There pre purchase policy is that they don't give refunds on pre purchases. Yet, they supposedly made an announcement in their VEAO thread(I never saw it, and still haven't) on the ED Forum that they would give a refund for a limited time( one week as I understand it). VEAO never e-mailed(they required e-mails for pre purchase) anyone advising them of the offer for a refund. Once I did see the whole debacle I asked for a refund and Pman said I had missed the offered period for the refund. I PMed him and explained my situation that I rarely visited the ED Forums anymore and that that is why I missed it. I also asked why had they not emailed me the offer. The only response I received was that their lawyers had advised them not to give anymore refunds. So here I am almost 4 years later still waiting on the pre purchased P40. No big deal being banned over there because nineline(or whatever name he is going by this week) is a total D___ H____ anyway. So any chance I see to share this story online that I can, I will so that maybe no one else will be burned by VEAO.  What goes around comes around.  VEAO has charged me 40$, and they have not produced a product in almost 4 years. So they way I see it I was charged an advertising fee and I intend to give them their 40$ worth of Truthful Advertising.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks BladeMeister.  I was just about to buy Flaming Cliffs. I’m glad I saw this first. 

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

Thanks BladeMeister.  I was just about to buy Flaming Cliffs. I’m glad I saw this first. 

I take DCS for what it is.

I never gave a damn about the easy-mode Flaming Cliffs aircraft.  I looked at DCS as a study sim to learn some cool things from a wonk perspective.  So I'm learning Mi-8 Hip now, doing the Spring Tension campaign, and am pretty happy with how cool it all is.  Maybe someday I'll be able to take it online as an uber-Hip pilot.😀  So I've just kind of adjusted to the pace of how they do things over there at ED, and am trying to keep my emphasis on well-established modules that have been out there for years and are relatively mature, and don't worry about all the new and shiny things, which may take years and years to develop.

11 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I haven't pre-ordered any stuff from DCS but I do own and enjoy Flaming Cliffs 3. I generally avoid early access stuff unless it appears more or less complete with perhaps an extra six months to a year polishing features. For instance, the F-14 by Heatblur looks more or less ready to go and by the videos, looks like setting a new high bar in what's possible. 

However I do think ED should take responsibility as a publisher for third party development teams if they fail to deliver anything at all. Feature-incomplete is excusable maybe, but taking money for nothing is grounds for small courts action for tangible goods. Should be the same for digital goods or at least the moral principle must be the same.

I mainly posted this so peeps would know about how VEAO treats their paying customers so that maybe others will not make that same mistake I made. My problem with ED is that they allow VEAO to continue on with no repercussions from how this third party developer treats their customers. I am not bashing DCS as a whole, but the way VEAO and Nineline on the DCS Forums have treated me and many others is wrong. I own and have in the past quite enjoyed a lot of DCS Modules. The current hardware requirements and unfinished modules, lack of direction and unfinished WWII planes from the Europe 1944 kick starter have soured me on current use of DCS. Take what you will as I am just making my recent experiences with VEAO and ED Forums Nineline public so you can draw your own conclusions. Hopefully this will save someone some money and time.:salute:

S!Blade<><

Dang that reminds me, still need to pre-order that F-14...

;)

Edited by dburne

Tough decision....the F-14 has always been my favourite aircraft growing up and I can’t wait to fly it in DCS, but I had the idea of pre-purchasing especially with DCS.

Do I wait and pay the extra $10 when it’s out or just go for it!

i just can’t decide.

13 minutes ago, 19RAF_scram77 said:

Tough decision....the F-14 has always been my favourite aircraft growing up and I can’t wait to fly it in DCS, but I had the idea of pre-purchasing especially with DCS.

Do I wait and pay the extra $10 when it’s out or just go for it!

i just can’t decide.

Looks like you are going to buy anyway soooo....... :)

1 hour ago, SYN_Vander said:

Looks like you are going to buy anyway soooo....... :)

Ha ha true enough

Heatblur is fairly well established, I wouldn't be concerned about them failing to deliver, same for RAZBAM. The ones you have to be more cautious with are VEAO, Aviodev and anyone releasing their first module.

• Upvote 2

On 11/9/2018 at 6:56 PM, BeastyBaiter said:

Heatblur is fairly well established, I wouldn't be concerned about them failing to deliver, same for RAZBAM. The ones you have to be more cautious with are VEAO, Aviodev and anyone releasing their first module.

Yeah .. VEAO was a bit of a disaster.

I hope though that Aviodev will deliver.

1 minute ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

I hope though that Aviodev will deliver.

Yeah. Hopefully we'll see that Mirage F.1 eventually.

The spanish version is not particularily kewl (unless they're going forward with the M), but it's still better than no MF1 at all.

Iraqi versions (especially the EQ4, 5 and 6) would make things much more interesting on the Persian Gulf map.

Yeah, a Mirage F.1EQ of some flavor is fairly high on my wishlist. I'd like for Aviodev to get it together and release a good quality F.1 of any flavor, but I do not have any hope that they will. They seem honest, which is more than I can say for VEAO, but they strike me as a hobbyist modding team rather than a professional development outfit.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nirvi said:

Yeah it's stunning.I think it will be the best module to date.

This one could spark my interest in jets. Does anyone know if DCS does Thanksgiving or X-mas sales? :

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:19 AM, SeaSerpent said:

I take DCS for what it is.

I never gave a damn about the easy-mode Flaming Cliffs aircraft.

Well SU 25 is pretty much the funniest plane I fly. But the SU 25 T that comes free is ok too

55 minutes ago, sevenless said:

This one could spark my interest in jets. Does anyone know if DCS does Thanksgiving or X-mas sales? :

This wed i believe

14 hours ago, sevenless said:

There will be a 50% sale on most modules for the standalone version, starting tomorrow until december 2nd. 

Steam sale will follow later. 

Edited by nirvi
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

Might pick up the F-5, don't have that yet.

A very nice module. Relatively simple and fun.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:19 PM, nirvi said:

I'm not a huge DCS fan, but the DCS Trailer maker should really get his bonus this year. 

Grt M

1 hour ago, Archie said:

That's tempting.

But I really want the new FC4 package

1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

But I really want the new FC4 package

Yep, same here.  Has there been any more news on this?

3 hours ago, Archie said:

I've already picked Mirage few weeks ago. I wasnt a big fan of modern jets (if Mirage can be considered modern since this is 2000C version, 1980s thingie) but after flying it online and offline. What a joy and fun. And its refreshing compared to ww2. This only boosted my desire for Tomcat.