LuseKofte

DCS news

1 hour ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Whatever you say buddy.

The 190 was indeed released by DCS before Ilya's WW2 fiasco.

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

The 190 was indeed released by DCS before Ilya's WW2 fiasco.

No it wasn't. There was an ai version just as there was an ai hornet long before ED released a full version.

Why would ED lay out their "roadmap" that included the line

August 2014 – Fw 190 D-9 Dora

If it was already released? I think y'all need to check your facts before posting. We're living in a world where the truth, no matter how obvious, is being denied by those wishing to see something completely different. Scary times Winston Smith

You are right. It wasn't released yet. I had the Mustang, but the Dora was on the way and worked on by DCS team, before Ilya started the WW2 project. The model they made was not only for the AI version, they just finished that first.

9 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Yeah, I had the sudden urge to reinstall and give the Sabre another try.  60gb of space and a choice of 150kbs download connection via http or a torrent that would choke and crash after 15 minutes.  I had to uninstall and not worry about it.

After it installed and i cleaned up the leftovers, The game folder only grew by 11 GB. It now sits at 129GB.:wacko:

Edited by Jaws2002

1 hour ago, Jaws2002 said:

You are right. It wasn't released yet. I had the Mustang, but the Dora was on the way and worked on by DCS team, before Ilya started the WW2 project. The model they made was not only for the AI version, they just finished that first.

I know I'm right. I also know I'm right about RRGs work on the 190. All ED had in place for the 190 was the external model and their ai flight model that was to give the P51 an adversary other than a P51 in German clothing.

4 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

I think y'all need to check your facts before posting. We're living in a world where the truth, no matter how obvious, is being denied by those wishing to see something completely different. Scary times Winston Smith

Cheer up RT.  I don't give two hoots for DCS WW2 as for me it's a non-starter but the FW190 was all DCS. 

Ilya's Kickstarter wedge was blown on the K4,  no?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DD_Arthur said:

Cheer up RT.  I don't give two hoots for DCS WW2 as for me it's a non-starter but the FW190 was all DCS. 

Ilya's Kickstarter wedge was blown on the K4,  no?

Looks to me like you do give two hoots.

You want to link where you get your information about the 190? Because I can link you to the cockpit work of the 190, the 262 and others, work performed by RRG employees. Not ED employees.

DCS for jets and heli's, BoX for props IMO, there's nothing better. Luckily there's no rules that you only have to own one sim.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

I know I'm right. I also know I'm right about RRGs work on the 190. All ED had in place for the 190 was the external model and their ai flight model that was to give the P51 an adversary other than a P51 in German clothing.

RRG's work on 190 was zero. It was fully ED's plane and estimated to come out during winter 2013/2014. It was delayed, like many DCS projects, but that is a different matter.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

RRG's work on 190 was zero. It was fully ED's plane and estimated to come out during winter 2013/2014. It was delayed, like many DCS projects, but that is a different matter.

Whatever you say buddy.

40 minutes ago, Archie said:

DCS for jets and heli's, BoX for props IMO, there's nothing better. Luckily there's no rules that you only have to own one sim.

This, when I want the modern stuff I have DCS, but for WW2, BoX just leaves the competition in the dust. DCS isn`t even at the races.

17 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Whatever you say buddy.

Good. And if you are in doubt, feel free to check. 

57 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Because I can link you to the cockpit work of the 190, ..., work performed by RRG employees. Not ED employees.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by II./JG77_Kemp

26 minutes ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

Good. And if you are in doubt, feel free to check. 

Looking forward to it.

Actually I did check and it appears y'all are right about the 190. I just checked the kickstarter that states

NOTE: The FW.190D-9 will be the same as the upcoming FW.190D-9 being developed for DCS:World.

I am not afraid to admit my mistakes. 

I know the guy who made the cockpit for the 262 and k4 did the Dora cockpit. Must have been contracted by ED on that one. My mistake

Edited by Rolling_Thunder
  • Upvote 1

I wish I could understand the people who take valuable and limited time of their lives to sit badmouthing games they don't like. Same thing happens in the DCS community towards Il-2, it's incredible.

Anyways, here's a nice shot I took of the MiG-21:

jxb9qkj0rfr11.png

The pretty photo makes up for the intercept I botched, letting the recon plane go away easy, and then the horrible landing wherein all gear legs were damaged. My interception skills are still trash, but I got the landings down since.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, 216th_Lucas_From_Hell said:

I wish I could understand the people who take valuable and limited time of their lives to sit badmouthing games they don't like. Same thing happens in the DCS community towards Il-2, it's incredible.

jxb9qkj0rfr11.png

The pretty photo makes up for the intercept I botched, letting the recon plane go away easy, and then the horrible landing wherein all gear legs were damaged. My interception skills are still trash, but I got the landings down since.

Mig 21 is one of my favorite modules in DCS, such a beautiful aircraft despite some of the bugs.

Tried playing some DCS today but the spotting is just terrible, it's hard to play after experiencing spotting in Il2. Still had a bit of fun despite the spotting problem.

12 minutes ago, 216th_Lucas_From_Hell said:

jxb9qkj0rfr11.png

Don't get me wrong I like DCS now that the new graphics engine is up and running. The lighting is fantastic. It looks great. The performance has improved. I spend more time in the DCS spitfire than the il2 spitfire. My problem is with the way they treat their customers. 

38 minutes ago, 216th_Lucas_From_Hell said:

Well I guess they are curious, I personally are on rock bottom when it comes to flightsims in general , and it deeply concerns me. It has been the most valuable hobby since 2000. So I franticly surf the forums hoping to get my interest up and running again. So it might be people visiting here for a hope to gain interest. 

31 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Don't get me wrong I like DCS now that the new graphics engine is up and running. The lighting is fantastic. It looks great. The performance has improved. I spend more time in the DCS spitfire than the il2 spitfire. My problem is with the way they treat their customers. 

Absolutely the best lighting engine in flight sim world.

All you need is to set the time to dawn or dusk, add some nice music and any DCS plane, on any map, looks amazing. :salute:

degegwfv.thumb.png.8c1f387a0f1b398091dc9b0b37a7896f.png

:fly:

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

Well I guess they are curious, I personally are on rock bottom when it comes to flightsims in general , and it deeply concerns me. It has been the most valuable hobby since 2000. So I franticly surf the forums hoping to get my interest up and running again. So it might be people visiting here for a hope to gain interest. 

You're probably just a bit burnt out after years of sim flying, I know I am, and certainly don't put the time in that I used to. I regularly take long breaks but always get dragged back to it. 

After well over a decade of online flying I'm starting to enjoy offline more. I don't 'need' the competition that so many seem to crave.
We used to be in the same Cliffs squad flying 110's I think a few years back.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Archie said:

After well over a decade of online flying I'm starting to enjoy offline more. I don't 'need' the competition that so many seem to crave.

That was the full-circle conclusion I came to years ago in 46, after going from offline only for years and years, then flying predominantly online for a while.

Killed this person, killed that person, again...again...

After a while I just wanted historic missions and immersion, and offline is the only way to truly experience that.

Online is E-sports, and great if you enjoy it, but it doesn't do a good job of reproducing a WWII environment.

This difference is a big reason why the two groups often don’t  relate to each other very well. Some overlap and understand what the other offers, some just don't get it (mostly the online only guys it seems) They're often disturbingly clueless.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 3

Yeah, I had fun in the F-5, A-10, the Harrier, but everything is a combination and slew of automation and fire-and-forget systems. Nothing seems all that challenging anymore and the WWII component is a complete and utter fail, one that's likely to continue in said direction unfortunately.

I just want a Kiowa. And don't give me that nonsense about classified systems and components. The latest releases like the F/A-18C, AV-8B, and A-10C still, to this very day, have classified systems. That means the developers had to guess and create and make s@#t up to simulate said components, so that aspect is utterly moot.

Kiowa!

latest?cb=20160429163519

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Mirage F.1 that's supposed to come some time within the next 50 years.

One of my favourite jets of all time. Too bad it isn't going to be a high-end export version (e.g. the late iraqi versions) or a CR/CT.

Hoping for the F.1M though.

Another instabuy would be an F-8 Crussder.

4 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I just want a Kiowa.

Seconded, I once spoke to a Kiowa combat veteran. Apparently it’s so small that it can drop in between buildings on a street and open up with the MGs.

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Looking forward to the Mirage F.1 that's supposed to come some time within the next 50 years.

One of my favourite jets of all time. Too bad it isn't going to be a high-end export version (e.g. the late iraqi versions) or a CR/CT.

Hoping for the F.1M though.

F-8 would be sweet, one of the aircraft I hope to see one day. More Vietnam/Cold War era aircraft would be a welcome sight imo. F-105 Thunderchief, F-100 Super Sabre, A1 Skyraider, Mig 17, and the list goes on.

Unfortunately I'll never live to see all these aircraft in DCS standards, maybe Il-2 will go Cold War someday.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 1

What I did forget about, after spending a bit of time in DCS today, was what an utter ballache assigning controls are! And that you can literally go and boil some coffee while waiting for it to load.

Edited by Archie
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

They might as well do it - they have a theme going now.

Korea aircraft with no Korea, Vietnam aircraft with no Vietnam. That can be their "THING" you know? Their trademark as it were.

You can take off in your Crusader over Vegas and thwart an attack by Fokker DVII's.

• Haha 1

You can fly a MiG-15 or a Sabre outside of the "Korea" frame.

You know, two rivalling dictators going at each other's throats i the 70s.

...well, two POOR rivalling dictators going at each other's throats in the 70s...

I'm also not a fan of their aircraft-development policy, but you'll just have to make the best of it.

Cucasus can make of for some undisclosed korean landscape. And the benefit of Caucasus: You know the area like the back of your hand!

Just did a couple of patterns yesterday to get the hang of the new MiG-29 flight model (it's awesome!) and instantly tried to land at my Fw 190 airfield :D

Well, beats me, the airfield was gone, but there still was a runway with a bar at Anapa, so I molested the people over there...

• Upvote 1

I wanna get a helicopter :P i gave up on mi8, too russian. I wanted to get huey but it's really old and does not feel nice when playing some modern scenarios. I watched their roadmap and they are making some new helicopters but it's just bunch of weird ones, small ones etc.

I can't believe game like this did not get a black hawk, it's the most iconic helicopter in the world. Instead, someone makes bo105 (and you had to google it because no one ever heard about these). I was really waiting for NH90 but i heard it was canceled.

I really hope someone will make black hawk, it would be bestseller. I really don't get why no one in years did it. It's like not making any bf109 in ww2 sim.

I heard there is going to be afghanistan map, perfect for flying black hawk.

Well I for one only flew WW 2 modules in free flight , but that was before YAK 52 came along. Still I feel it is a shame that WW2 is in such a shape. The planes themselves are to me more fun to operate than in all other sim I fly. Sure, this is my subjective opinion. But for a combat sim covering WW2 I have lost all hope. 

I discovered more planes I forgotten all about, SU 25 A and T. So now I enjoy a bit of schooling on those two

2 hours ago, InProgress said:

I wanna get a helicopter :P i gave up on mi8, too russian. I wanted to get huey but it's really old and does not feel nice when playing some modern scenarios. I watched their roadmap and they are making some new helicopters but it's just bunch of weird ones, small ones etc.

I can't believe game like this did not get a black hawk, it's the most iconic helicopter in the world. Instead, someone makes bo105 (and you had to google it because no one ever heard about these). I was really waiting for NH90 but i heard it was canceled.

I really hope someone will make black hawk, it would be bestseller. I really don't get why no one in years did it. It's like not making any bf109 in ww2 sim.

I heard there is going to be afghanistan map, perfect for flying black hawk.

Well, the NH90 is another weird one no one has heard of. About as well known as the Z-19. Regardless, I would like to see more effort put into choppers in general. DCS really shines as an attack helicopter sim, it's a shame the only one we have was added to the game 10 years ago and was of a prototype at that. I'm hoping we'll see the Mi-24 sometime in the next year, but there really is no telling with ED.

15 minutes ago, BeastyBaiter said:

Well, the NH90 is another weird one no one has heard of. About as well known as the Z-19. Regardless, I would like to see more effort put into choppers in general. DCS really shines as an attack helicopter sim, it's a shame the only one we have was added to the game 10 years ago and was of a prototype at that. I'm hoping we'll see the Mi-24 sometime in the next year, but there really is no telling with ED.

Yeah the KA-50 was my first foray into anything DCS, and once one learns to fly it along with the systems it is an absolutely blast flying as an attack helicopter.

Still love it to this day.

3 hours ago, BeastyBaiter said:

Well, the NH90 is another weird one no one has heard of.

You should if you are from europe. Quite a few countries here use it and it's still in production. It's kind of like Black hawk of europe.

Edited by InProgress

26 minutes ago, InProgress said:

You should if you are from europe. Quite a few countries here use it and it's still in production. It's kind of like Black hawk of europe.

Ehm, you are right, still in production - but compared to the Black Hawk, which is in service and flies on regular basis even in hot areas

'round the globe, most of the NH90 are grounded and are not allowed to be used* - at least in good old Germany. :P

*apparently forgotten to buy some spare parts, hum - you funny bunch of "Schnäppchenjäger"?

• Upvote 1

It's largely unknown outside western Europe, much like the Z-19 is unknown outside China. The production numbers say it all, around 300 NH90's built vs 4,000 UH-60's, 4,500 MD-500's, 2,000 AH-64's, 17,000 Mi-8/17's, 2,500 Mi-24's and so on. The NH90 is a very rare bird. Also, the above parts issue grounding tons of them.

Edited by BeastyBaiter

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

most of the NH90 are grounded and are not allowed to be used* - at least in good old Germany.

Everything is grounded in germany :rofl:

1 hour ago, BeastyBaiter said:

It's largely unknown outside western Europe, much like the Z-19 is unknown outside China. The production numbers say it all, around 300 NH90's built vs 4,000 UH-60's, 4,500 MD-500's, 2,000 AH-64's, 17,000 Mi-8/17's, 2,500 Mi-24's and so on. The NH90 is a very rare bird. Also, the above parts issue grounding tons of them.

I would not compare numbers of helis like mi8 or md500 or even mi24. Completly diffrent things, transport, light and attack helicopter. I said i counted on nh90 and uh60 because i really want utility helicopter in this game. Mi8 kind of fits but how old is that thing in compare to nh90? C'mon, it makes no sense to compare most of stuff you said with nh90, it was put in production in 2006 not 1960. We are not at war, we don't need to mass produce these now, if anything they will just slowly replace them. NH90 can have nice future if things work out, they are still making them and if they fix some problems then maybe some countries order more of them.

It's a shame they canceled it. Still i really want uh60, even more than nh90. Afghanistan map + uh60 would be amazing.

Edited by InProgress

I’d be all over the F-15 Red Flag campaign - but aside from time constraints I’m not going to download and install the latest build for one campaign. 

As much as certain people have gone on and on about how much easier the DCS mission builder is to use - you’d think there would be pages and pages of campaigns.

This nicely illustrates the other main problem with DCS aside from aircraft development decisions - content for the aircraft and maps that actually do match each other.

This why the F-14 trailer brings on a giant eye-roll with me. After the hype from the trailer production value wears off, and the novelty of a new aircraft is gone...(and you finish what meager content is released) you’ll be sitting on another expensive module and nothing much to do with it.

I have a Dora that’s useless.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

Mi8 kind of fits but how old is that thing in compare to nh90? C'mon

A very effective transport, cheap compared to Western choppers . It is really the best choice as a first for this type

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

This nicely illustrates the other main problem with DCS aside from aircraft development decisions - content for the aircraft and maps that actually do match each other.

This why the F-14 trailer brings on a giant eye-roll with me. After the hype from the trailer production value wears off, and the novelty of a new aircraft is gone...(and you finish what meager content is released) you’ll be sitting on another expensive module and nothing much to do with it.

I think there is going to be Afghanistan map and syria in 2019.