LuseKofte

DCS news

Hey guys try this mission in september at about half 7 in the morning. Fantastic in VR, in any helicopter of your choice (Gazelle or MI-8 best in my opinion). Great thing about helicopters in VR/DCS is that performance is basically flawless even without 90 FPS, and dont seem to get the same occasional FPS drops that you get in jets or WW2 planes. Anyway I didn't make the mission its just cool arcady fun. Best played with 'the end' by the doors playing haha! Try it in an MI-8 and 'the end' is pretty much certain though I can succeed in the gazelle (and obviously the black shark sniper). Havent tried it with the Huey, should really give that one more game time, just got eclipsed by my love for the other helicopter modules. Did I hear 60 dollars sale for all 4 helicopters? A very generous offer if so! 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2084254/

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:11 AM, Tuesday said:

Cockpit_02.jpg

Cockpit_04.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to me!

If Trustmaster released that throttle and stick I might have bought it. Just for the coolnes

New quickmission for the MI 8 , always apprechiated 

• Like 1

They say 16 is enough, but on FB they swear you should get 32. But I flew it ok on my old rig with 18 and 2,8 ghz i7 with a gtx 680 . I guess it is more demanding now.

/

BTW New campaign for the MI 8 and KA 50 . (click on picture for link)

titlist.jpg

Edited by LuseKofte

2 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

They say 16 is enough, but on FB they swear you should get 32. But I flew it ok on my old rig with 18 and 2,8 ghz i7 with a gtx 680 . I guess it is more demanding now.

/

BTW New campaign for the MI 8 and KA 50 . (click on picture for link)

titlist.jpg

Yeah I picked this campaign up when I saw it go up for sale, I am fairly well versed in the KA-50 but will need to learn the MI-8 ( own it just have not tried it yet).

Too much simming to do and too little time.

Mission Accomplished

41039147_2255214694506960_4748911494844907520_o.jpg

21 minutes ago, dburne said:

Too much simming to do and too little time.

Yeah, I can do the MI 8 , I spent a considerable time in it, and I learned the GPS system too, but found it to be too damn much of a workload to set up. Now when I tried it I apparently have forgotten how to do it, so I am schooling myself in it again. Too little time for sure

10 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Mission Accomplished

41039147_2255214694506960_4748911494844907520_o.jpg

Yeah, I can do the MI 8 , I spent a considerable time in it, and I learned the GPS system too, but found it to be too damn much of a workload to set up. Now when I tried it I apparently have forgotten how to do it, so I am schooling myself in it again. Too little time for sure

Trouble with the MI-8, or at least what kinda puts me off learning it comprehensively is that it is one module of which it is obvious start up and even weapons systems are supposed to be handled muti-crew, and it's rather jarring in VR to be flicking around from different seat positions to different players, so I always tend to just load up and dive right into action with it. Aside from that its probably my second favourite

helicopter with the potential to be number 1 some day .

1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

Morning,

There is a fix of sorts for the CTDs with the Nevada and PG maps.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3616083&postcount=182

Could someone be kind enough to tell me what "home beta" folder means? Do they mean the main DCS folder in your Steam library, or is there a sub folder.

Thanks. :)

That's a path I have never trodden before for sure...

Release note form yesterday states hotfix 3 fixes mission crash at start of mission in PG and Normandy so it that the same fix wrapped up in a patch?

• Upvote 1

Its weapons are powerful, but you are right it is a multi crew chopper. But I use its very realistic autopilot and handle the navigation and weapons with it, stable as it is you can fly it while handling the doppler system too. It is really a task handling, and take time to know it blind fully, but the lessons are pretty rewarding. I mostly fly transport with it

5 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

Trouble with the MI-8, or at least what kinda puts me off learning it comprehensively is that it is one module of which it is obvious start up and even weapons systems are supposed to be handled muti-crew, and it's rather jarring in VR to be flicking around from different seat positions to different players, so I always tend to just load up and dive right into action with it. Aside from that its probably my second favourite

The main problem with the Mil is that's is sooooooooo freakin ugly!! And im not just talking utilitarian ugly. I mean the whole hog, designed from the outset to be absolutely the very last ( and not even if it were a choice between the Dragonfly and this) thing you'd want to be seen dead in even if your were dead and you no longer wouldnt normally care ugly. 

The type of ugly that needs to be really thought about. 

Ugly. 

Yeesh!

Edited by BOO
  • Upvote 3

Yea, if I am going to die going down in any craft, I won't to look good doing so. 😀

1 hour ago, BOO said:

The main problem with the Mil is that's is sooooooooo freakin ugly!

What??? compared to all other choppers this is a beaut 😍

It is my Heinkel 111, JU 52 combined and wrapped with two powerful turbine engines. Could one ask for anything more.

........ well yes a MI 24 but except from that can one ask for anything more

.......Well yes

ch-47-chinook.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

The amount of times I have parachuted out the back of one of those...  :yahoo:

Whereas in the Mil you'd jump with or without the chute just to avoid the shame of being seen in one - like being taken to school in your dads Volvo 340GL

2 hours ago, BOO said:

The main problem with the Mil is that's is sooooooooo freakin ugly!! And im not just talking utilitarian ugly. I mean the whole hog, designed from the outset to be absolutely the very last ( and not even if it were a choice between the Dragonfly and this) thing you'd want to be seen dead in even if your were dead and you no longer wouldnt normally care ugly. 

The type of ugly that needs to be really thought about. 

Ugly. 

Yeesh!

Maybe on the outside a bit of a heffer, but inwardly it's beautiful! 😀

Edited by Wolf8312

1 hour ago, Wolf8312 said:

Maybe on the outside a bit of a heffer, but inwardly it's beautiful! 😀

Looks like a tadpole glued to a match. Ah well, I bought it anyhow. Time to don some big sunglasses. 

If it had been like that, I don't think Trooper would have ever retired. ...Unless Mrs. Trooper may have had some issue with it. 😉

Cloyd

If only the USA could be so open minded with its advertising. That was awesome!  I can say that and have no regret, because I AM SINGLE!😀

S!Blade<><

8 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

If only the USA could be so open minded with its advertising. That was awesome!  I can say that and have no regret, because I AM SINGLE!😀

S!Blade<><

I can say that was awesome as well.

The wife is currently at work so she can't hear me!

My wife is European so she grew up with this kind of advertising ;)

Too bad they cut out most of it now in Poland :(

See America, if you just move the Super Bowl to Europe you can enjoy those ads with every break in the game.  

Pfft.  Old Spice...

Wow, nice diving.  Glad to see the "ad" before it is banned from here:lol:

1 hour ago, Taxman said:

Wow, nice diving.  Glad to see the "ad" before it is banned from here:lol:

I know!!

4999 Krona - BARGAIN!!

Yep, love that ad. :cool:

And!... they put out a hotfix for the CTDs with the Nevada and PG maps that happened after the last update. So far, so good.

Fired up DCS for the first time in a long time yesterday now that I got my flight config back up on my Obutto. Took the F-86 for a spin...coming from IL2 wow holy touchy controls and jaggy graphics/chugging fps. I know I have an old system but was expecting a little bit smoother on the stock map.

Any tips to get some decent fps and joystick curves? DCS always looks so pretty in videos and screenshots but not on my system. 

I am not sure but, "the old map" is new and might bring on a bit strain to older computers. DCS was my one and only reason for buying a new rig. Pretty demanding software that is

12 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I am not sure but, "the old map" is new and might bring on a bit strain to older computers. DCS was my one and only reason for buying a new rig. Pretty demanding software that is

Yeah I get good performance on DCS, about the same as BOX on the whole but with more occasional FPS drops.

But I noticed lately that the defered shading and graphics in general have improved so much. Caucasus cities look great, and in fact the whole game is beautiful in VR. DCS really nails the scale of the terrain. Even at miday it looks good in VR now, and the resolution in VR with no pixel density whatsoever and 4X MSSA is really pretty good. But yes DCS especially in VR defo makes good use of a 1080TI.

They say there are different shaders mods out there that take away these problems, I mostly just fly and enjoy and never alter anything.

There is a new mission planner also

DCS landscape has a graphical glitch, where sometimes it looks like there is a big flood or something and then a couple of seconds later land appears. Do others have this glitch, too? 

Yeah it pretty much always happens to me when i exit the F10 map. Takes few seconds to load the correct textures.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:22 AM, kestrel79 said:

Fired up DCS for the first time in a long time yesterday now that I got my flight config back up on my Obutto. Took the F-86 for a spin...coming from IL2 wow holy touchy controls and jaggy graphics/chugging fps. I know I have an old system but was expecting a little bit smoother on the stock map.

Any tips to get some decent fps and joystick curves? DCS always looks so pretty in videos and screenshots but not on my system. 

Try deleting your fxo and metashaders 2 folders from Saved Games\DCS.openbeta. When i'm having fps issues deleting those folders usually fixes the problem. I delete them after each update. And if the game looks crappy, adjust gamma. It really makes a big difference.

For VR users in DCS this mod gives a big boost in FPS, making the game very playable at a noticeably higher pixel density https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215373.  The masksize is adjustable and the author has MSAA restricted to center view. Big jump in performance. A similar mod for BOX could give a massive plus for VR users. BOX is still superior to DCS in VR in my view atm. 

Edited by Wulfen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

That is incredible flying, how many attempts did you need ? 

Quite a few for the tower, but the Mi-8 going down on a ship is actually good and relative simple fun, if you keep the weight of the helo down. Half a tank of fuel and none of that military stuff and it´s a nice glider, max weight and it gets bricky quick.