LuseKofte

DCS news

That's a lot of trees, hope they've done some better optimizing in the engine cause feeding all those to the graphics card will CPU bottleneck any CPU ever built at about 2 fps if the current Caucuses are any gauge.

That's a lot of trees, hope they've done some better optimizing in the engine cause feeding all those to the graphics card will CPU bottleneck any CPU ever built at about 2 fps if the current Caucuses are any gauge.

having played Normandy I can say no they haven't.

The only thing "true simulator" about DCS is flipping switches... And even then, you're doing that with a mouse.

Still a "plane simulator" and not "flight game or "combat flight game" or as called in old times "combat flight simulator".  :)

Anyway that mouse click thing give fun for some people that spent time editing LUA files and/or creating complicated macros in their Warthog's TARGET to do all this in... one button press.  :lol:

That may make NTTR a lot more popular then.

I'm playing normandy with max details and 90+FPS...Just had to disable MSAA. 

Nirvi, do I understand that new Caucasus will actually be smaller ? Or is the first pic just focused on some area ?

Also, cant exactly judge those pictures and how they compare to what we get with Kuban ... pictures themselves are rather low res :(

Mission editor screen is just zoomed in, the size will be the same. 

I've read comments on facebook under the post with this pictures. Admin (I presume Matt is taking care of facebook, at least partially) replied to questions about Crimea and western side of the map that they wont be present due to political reasons. At least thats how I understood that.

There was sometimes rumors there increase the Quality of the Map in to South-East Region around Türkish Boarder and former Sovjet Chechnya...

So far i understood same Size of the Map as we have now, only difference is about the Türkish Boarder the Map is plain without any Details.

Crimea Region would be very Intressting in fact there is good Backround for Missions,

but infact I can see the Political Reason behind it to not include it.

There was some Media shit a while ago Arma Simiulation is used/Build for train ISIS Terrorist in Combat... :o:

Russian Combat Simiulation is used to Bomb civil Ukraine? like this possible?

Edited by 9./JG27MAD-MM

Some good news finally for M2000C lovers too, new rounded cockpit and new illumination:

20287054_1416698625083438_64378974023085

20374699_1416698595083441_17783829549603

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

Interesting. So not including Crimea is a decision based on political correctnes. Thats just plain stupid.

Interesting. So not including Crimea is a decision based on political correctnes. Thats just plain stupid.

Where was this confirmed?

Was confirmed on facebook. Somebody asked about ""bringing Crimea back to life" and ED responded that "Sorry, but that will not be possible". When asked why the answer was "Politics".

Some good news finally for M2000C lovers too, new rounded cockpit and new illumination:

Cool. Those blinding pink floodlights were unusable.

What was wrong with the cockpit? 

I love it. I didn't know it was messed up.  :blush: My favorite DCS module.

Edited by Jaws2002

If someone would be kind enough, I need some DCS info.

If I want DCS World 2, I have to buy the Nevada Test map?  Is there and order they have to be installed?

Also, will Flaming Cliffs 3 will have access to these programs?

Thanks. :)

If someone would be kind enough, I need some DCS info.

If I want DCS World 2, I have to buy the Nevada Test map?  Is there and order they have to be installed?

Also, will Flaming Cliffs 3 will have access to these programs?

You'd have to buy either Nevada or NTTR - think they both operate out of DCS 2. You'd just install it separately to your existing Caucus install.

All your modules will work as normal in DCS 2.

Edited by Tektolnes
  • Upvote 1

You'd have to buy either Nevada or NTTR - think they both operate out of DCS 2. You'd just install it separately to your existing Caucus install.

All your modules will work as normal in DCS 2.

Thank you for the quick reply. :)

I don't have any DCS programs installed, I'm starting from scratch. So I need DCS world 1,5 first and then layer stuff on top?

Also, I though Nevada and the Test range were the same map/product. I want what has the most and largest airfields. 

For DCS 2.1, you need Nevada (NTTR) or Normandy.

If you don't have the maps, just install 1.5 and you get the free caucasus map. 

All planes work in 2.1 and 1.5 

• Upvote 1

NTTR is Nevada, I think Tektolnes meant NTTR or Normandy. In any case, nothing special is required. After purchasing either NTTR or Normandy, download the DCS 2 client, install it and then run it. Once running, it will require you to log in (just like BoS) and will then pop up with a list of modules you have on your account that you can install. It automatically selects them all but you can disable some if you want. After the first run, to install modules you will need to go to the module manager button at the top of the screen. It's right next to the settings button. In there, you have the option to install and uninstall purchased modules as well as purchase new modules if you so desire (minimizes program, opens website).

Edited by BeastyBaiter
  • Upvote 1

NTTR is Nevada, I think Tektolnes meant NTTR or Normandy. In any case, nothing special is required. After purchasing either NTTR or Normandy, download the DCS 2 client, install it and then run it. Once running, it will require you to log in (just like BoS) and will then pop up with a list of modules you have on your account that you can install. It automatically selects them all but you can disable some if you want. After the first run, to install modules you will need to go to the module manager button at the top of the screen. It's right next to the settings button. In there, you have the option to install and uninstall purchased modules as well as purchase new modules if you so desire (minimizes program, opens website).

I downloaded DCS 1.5, just to give it a go. maybe next week I'll grab FC3 and/or the NTTR map. I love those big airfields.

This whole disjointed map/version is a total mess. I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole but i just want to say im very glad IL2 is doing the absolute opposite and making it all compatible across the board. Mad props for that!

• Upvote 1

This whole disjointed map/version is a total mess. I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole but i just want to say im very glad IL2 is doing the absolute opposite and making it all compatible across the board. Mad props for that!

Yep

The best "DCS News" is that we can ignore DCS.

• Upvote 3

The map thing doesn't bother me too much. Admittedly having 2 copies of DCS does eat into my nvme space, but other than that it really isn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't expect 2.5 anytime soon though. They have to remake the free Caucasus map and that's going to take around a year I think.

They have to remake the free Caucasus map and that's going to take around a year I think.

That got an actual lol out of me.

We shall see.

They did Normandy in about a year once they started actually working on it instead of just talking about working on it. They seem to have shifted focus to the Caucuses now so I expect a similar timeline.

They did not do Normandy.  UGRA-MEDIA company did - read whats written in DCS shop under the module. That is a supposedly Chinese or Russian company, so it would be an outsourced. And it took substantially more than one year to my understanding of their forum postings, certainly it was a huge effort and it still continues.   

Edited by =LD=Hiromachi

on a side note,

Sith reminds me a lot of what some of the WT CM were like and it was basically their fault that the international community was shunned by Gaijin. They were basically yes men and never stud up for their community which helped somewhat in the terrible direction of WT development. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with DCS as well.

• Upvote 1

They did not do Normandy.  UGRA-MEDIA company did - read whats written in DCS shop under the module. That is a supposedly Chinese or Russian company, so it would be an outsourced. And it took substantially more than one year to my understanding of their forum postings, certainly it was a huge effort and it still continues.   

I believe I read that the Straight of Hormuz map is being developed outside of ED as well.

I believe I read that the Straight of Hormuz map is being developed outside of ED as well.

Islamic republic of Iran will be most probably called Persia to stay politicly correct  :biggrin:

Islamic republic of Iran will be most probably called Persia to stay politicly correct  :biggrin:

"The Straight of Hormuz will not be modeled in the Straight of Hormuz map for political reasons."

• Upvote 4

Islamic republic of Iran will be most probably called Persia to stay politicly correct :biggrin:

I hope we don't end up with yellow paint balls.

"The Straight of Hormuz will not be modeled in the Straight of Hormuz map for political reasons."

:lol:  :good:

I like the learning side of it, but somehow it make me a bit afraid when I see this

Calling CanadaOne - load us up the "sorry" cannons!

Fine then, make fun of us because we're friendly. Be like that.

Now I'm sad again. :(

Things to try out when we get it:

1) Try to fold wings in flight

2) Activate spin recovery without being in a spin (can I do a cobra with it?)

3) Pull all FCS breakers, see what happens, same reason as above

4) Poke fun at it using magnetic tape video cameras to record MFD stuff instead of simply having the MFD's computer record it to a microSD. Oh wait, I can do that now. :P

Seriously though, looking forwards to it but it seems further away than I thought. If they are still coding in the most basic things like engine startup, then it's a long ways off. I suppose that settles the question I had about which would come first, Harrier or Hornet.