LuseKofte

DCS news

Like 109 K-4 faced Spitfire IX (with 1943 engine settings) over Normandy in June 1944 ? It takes more to build immersive scenario. I really appreciate and adore their creations, especially in terms of graphics and level of detail but they arent particularly good with choices of aircraft participating nor in focusing on one goal at a time.  

This subject is already discussed many times, a/c etc choices were made by others and ED just continued the project. Are you sure about '43 engine settings? Anyhow, K4's faced IX's many times in real life, different boosts or not...

But i do agree about some weird choices they've made, and i would personally rather have Mk XIV or Tempest instead of IX :)

The new ASW feature just posted yesterday in oculus drivers really makes an improvement for the blurriness, where before I was getting seasickness after 20 minutes, yesterday I spent 60 minutes and felt perfect!

Sounds great, already ordered oculus but not received it yet, can't wait to test it in DCS!

Edited by DB605

This subject is already discussed many times, a/c etc choices were made by others and ED just continued the project. Are you sure about '43 engine settings? Anyhow, K4's faced IX's many times in real life, different boosts or not...

But i do agree about some weird choices they've made, and i would personally rather have Mk XIV or Tempest instead of IX :)

Sounds great, already ordered oculus but not received it yet, can't wait to test it in DCS!

Make sure you set the pixel vr setting no higher than to 1.5 when testing initially, as going higher, makes the icon text next to the aircraft smaller and smaller.

Make sure you set the pixel vr setting no higher than to 1.5 when testing initially, as going higher, makes the icon text next to the aircraft smaller and smaller.

Thanks, i don't use icons but does it affect all texts in game? Need to read some guides, should receive mine next week...

III./JG4 was based SSE of Berlin in October and most of November, so not like likely. I, II, III, JG27 was based near Dresden at bit far from the front in October. III./JG77 was based near Berlin, again a bit far from the front in October.

K-4s were more concerned about the Aluminum Overcast.

K-4s were more concerned about the Aluminum Overcast.

Sure. But all of models we are getting were in use at european theater 44-45 and they faced each other every now and then.

Hopefully we will get more appropriate maps later and maybe some more planes as well, but it will take some time. For now, normandy map will be good start at least.

End of off-topic from my part :)

Edited by DB605

Guest deleted@30725

14560001_1266131446742074_21043671387619

It almost looks like clod (Tf) :P

Like 109 K-4 faced Spitfire IX (with 1943 engine settings) over Normandy in June 1944 ?

Weird... but option of the 'kickstarter guy" for more "OP" Bf/Fw was to please Luftwaffe's, and so increase their interesting in buy... like certain Fw 190 over....  :P

In fact what he more did wrong was the scenery choice, but we know that Normandy (instead, more interesting and easy to make Ardennes for example), due the "here Joe's win the war", sold better for given public. :)

Edited by Sokol1

ED never had plans to do massive MP ww2 scenario, in general. Deal with that. I did. However, I take it as study sim with super detailed cockpits, fantastic FM....MP works now (netcode used to be trash) and yeah, is very limited, both by planeset, maps, etc...

Eventually we will get normandy map and more WW2 planes (with historical or unhistoricla paleneset)...

Edited by blackram

DCS is too "all over the place" for me, without a single remotely fleshed out theater.

I bought the Dora a long time ago, but have no good reason to bother with it.

Think of all the assets you need to create anything resembling an immersive European war. Think of the planes alone (even if some are just AI) nevermind the tanks, vehicles etc

Color me skeptical that it's on the horizon any time before we're flying the 6th Bo? release - if even then.

I would love to be wrong.

I have all the WWII aircraft, but yes, the DCS system (if there is one) is a little mad :)

Still, as an RAF flyer, if they ever get their WWII act together, I'm probably going to be spending an awful lot of time with DCS.

I have all the WWII aircraft, but yes, the DCS system (if there is one) is a little mad :)

Still, as an RAF flyer, if they ever get their WWII act together, I'm probably going to be spending an awful lot of time with DCS.

I have them all too plus some more modern stuf - shelved - waiting for some 'believable' map/theater...

I'm much the same.  I've got their Mustang and F-86 Sabre, but I figure by the time they get their act together and produce a coherent environment, every other flight sim will be as-good if not better, so why bother getting more.

• Upvote 1

Same here. Right now I'm waiting and hoping for news/release of MapleFlag's campaign for the MiG-21, which seems "planned"...

Then there's VEAO's Eurofighter, then Normandy... if anything, I can say I'm still curious about what DCS is going to be.

Somehow, the same goes for Bo* because, for now at least, it is still too raw for me to be able to enjoy it...

Im in the same situation. The atmosphere is lacking for anything other than modern jets. The learning curve is steep, so learning a plane requires tons of hours just to take off and fly around. If you are gone for a month then it's back to learning the basics and switches again. The only purchase im willing to consider is the A10 training, but im in no rush.

• Upvote 1

de-havilland-mosquito-fb-mk-vi-fighter-b

If there should be any ground pounder in DCS 1944, it should without doubt be the Mossie VI series. II     

]

I agree the FB Mk.VI should be the first 100% and then the P-38L-5-LO

3184cd93cd557cf0d78007f79c392f22.jpg

Edited by II./ZG1_SPEKTRE76

Some new normandy screenshots with a tiger tank:

Screen_161014_105727.jpg

Screen_161014_105852.jpg

Source

I love how the windows on the building reflect sunlight. If that kind of reflection is gonna be visible at longer distances, similar to the way rivers and lakes reflect sunlight in most sims, it'll be a sight to behold. One thing I've noticed when flying is how much towns and cities glint and shine when the Sun is low in the sky because of all the windows.

Lol I have totally forgot I backed this one up, I thought this project was long dead but it seems I have a plane waiting for me.(I  choose Bf.109K-4...no stuka available :(

Question, if I download DCS free module can I use my plane there now as it is??

it also says Normandy Map on my backers page.....what is this sorcery, are we getting a WWII scenario after all?

Lol I have totally forgot I backed this one up, I thought this project was long dead but it seems I have a plane waiting for me.(I  choose Bf.109K-4...no stuka available :(

it also says Normandy Map on my backers page.....what is this sorcery, are we getting a WWII scenario after all?

Yes, you can fly the modules in the actual Georgia map in DCS 1.5.x

You can download it here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Eagle Dynamics took over and is working on the modules as well as a Normandy map - but it still will take some time.

So far we have the K-4, the 190D and the P-51D in DCS

I have just checked and I also have Normandy map and Dora as my backer reward :)

Yes, you can fly the modules in the actual Georgia map in DCS 1.5.x

You can download it here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Eagle Dynamics took over and is working on the modules as well as a Normandy map - but it still will take some time.

So far we have the K-4, the 190D and the P-51D in DCS

It will take time, too much time. I believed the kickstarter, unfortunately ED fired ilya and most of RRG, decimated the rewards and development stagnated. I doubt i'll see the p47 for at least 4 more years. The spitfire has taken a good part of the 2 years ED have been solely responsible for the project. Really pathetic if you ask me. At least i'll see a spitfire in BoS before ED get their act together.

S!

Really a shame the DCS WW2 module takes ages to be ready. DCS has it's merits and I have it installed. 

The Spitfire is already waiting in my account - it only needs to be released :D

Also the P40 shouldn't take much longer now. At least this is how it sounds in the last posts from the VEAO devs.

A Stuka is also in the making by Polychop and Leatherneck Studios also has got one or probably more warbirds in their pipeline.

So even if it takes plenty of time things are slowly shaping up on the WWII front of DCS

I do wonder how these aircraft can be profitable, given the extraordinary amount of time that is lavished on each one.  The number of units you would need to sell just to break even after three years of development would be discouraging to say the least.

I do wonder how these aircraft can be profitable, given the extraordinary amount of time that is lavished on each one.  The number of units you would need to sell just to break even after three years of development would be discouraging to say the least.

Only because it takes that long, doesn't mean it has been worked on all the time. Long breaks from work on a module seem to happen and result in three years development time.

Some new normandy screenshots with a tiger tank:

Source

IMHO, Tanks looking like a plastic models, not like real tanks. Il-2 series is way better and realistic.

IMHO, Tanks looking like a plastic models, not like real tanks. Il-2 series is way better and realistic.

I think the model is superb. It's the lighting in DCS that sometimes seems a bit "off" making the models look artificial.

Model is very good for what it is ... the thing its lacking is some weathering, particularly mud around tracks and oil/smoke traces near the engine compartment of the vehicle. But overall its a very good model, not sure what makes it less realistic. 

I fly DCS way more than BOX at the moment, 

• Offline campaigns with choppers give me a lot of pleasure, and does not have to happend primetime Europe time, when I have a family to attend to
  • There seems to be a aweful lot to learn in all the modules, I have tried to learned the modules 1 by 1 , but I never seem to grasp every aspect. I really like the long and steep learning courve. I do not like dogfighting , I am probably too old for it, So in that perspective BOS do not give the same. Other than that I never started this topic as a DCS vs BOS. This is two totally different sims and can be enjoyed flying both. BOS is better in many aspects.
  • I started to leard the A 10 c, working 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off got a disadvantage, I never really seem to repeated things I learned enough to remember it when I come back home again

I hope one day they got enpugh planes for one time era to call it a theatre, right  now you find Mig 21 trying to shoot down a F 15  :o:  And flying choppers mean you got splashed from a plane 15 miles away. But still I find it educational

well I was kind of pleasent surprised, the Bf.109 came with training missions such as start sequence and taxing and such, really easy to follow but it gets the job done.

Always nice having more flightsims...

Anyway, waiting for the Normandy map, I havent tried DCS before so I have no idea what to expect from it; are we getting a campaign; will this become

a thing for multiplayer or how will it work once the map is here?

It's the lighting in DCS that sometimes seems a bit "off" making the models look artificial.

I think it looks like that because of the anti magnetic mine paste it has. The Zimmerit tends to make them look a bit plastic-like

DSC_8561.jpg

81888628.E80MlRaq.jpg

Zimmerit_Tiger_II_1_Bovington.jpg

The plasticapperance look like that because of theZimmerit anti magnetic coat

Edit Sorry I did not see it already was answered using my old iPhone

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

This is getting redicolous, are you guys looking for stuff to criticize? What is the point of that video? It do not have previous mentioned coat. I am perfectly OK with people not liking DCS, BOS and COD, but why do they interacting in a topic about a Sim they do not like. And I see people here doing it , that took great offence when it was done toward BOS .