Looking forward. 

The release trailer is a blast! 

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

F-16 arrives at 16.00 GMT. 

Looking forward. 

The release trailer is a blast!

Agreed. Now they only need to develop a dynamic campaign like the good old Falcon 3.0 by Spectrum Holobyte had in the 90s, and I might consider buying it.

Seriously thought about it, as I tend to just buy all this stuff, but I've hardly found the time to fly my F-14, and really, I've just got a freaking P-38 which has stolen my heart (and limited sim time!)

Posted (edited)

For VR Users:

The latest update to the Open Beta has implemented a greater Zoom level for VR.

It is in the UI section of the controller menu, and labeled " Spyglass Zoom". You can bind normal zoom or spyglass zoom, or both now.

Will be giving it a try here little later in the day.

Early reports suggest it is app twice the zoom of the normal VR zoom.

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Screen_191005_202122.thumb.png.8748d111d4687eaa9af2966c00d65a30.pngthis thing is sexy.

Edited by Jaws2002

The new Spyglass Zoom for VR is nice.

I have both normal zoom and spyglass zoom assigned to buttons on my HOTAS.

Spyglass good for further away, I can spot the Stennis deck and alignment much sooner now.

17 hours ago, Jaws2002 said:

Screen_191005_202122.thumb.png.8748d111d4687eaa9af2966c00d65a30.pngthis thing is sexy.

It sure is - but General Dynamics gets the credit for that.

ED gets the credit for bringing it into the simulation, thinking ahead, and producing enough single player content to keep you busy after making the purchases so that it doesn’t become another digital paper weight...or...wait a minute... checking the ED website...looking...looking...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

And looking at ED website is heavily censored content, go read reddit/hoggit for the full picture.

After seeing Jabbers youtube vid, I think ED hit a new low with this release. No gunsight or DM? 
Looks a bit silly next to the F-14.

15 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

It sure is - but General Dynamics gets the credit for that.

ED gets the credit for bringing it into the simulation, thinking ahead, and producing enough single player content to keep you busy after making the purchases so that it doesn’t become another digital paper weight...or...wait a minute... checking the ED website...looking...looking...

Is shilling against DCS and other flight sims part of your job description here?

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry did I say something inaccurate?

Where did I say something about “and other flight sims”?

Is making misleading statements part of your job description here?

I don’t have any more of a “job description” than you do on this board.

I gave them money - I get to say what I want. If you don’t like that policy then head off to the ED board.

Edit:...and for your information I’d love nothing more than for them to do things differently and give me a reason to spend more money with them. 

Objective observation from my point of view, rather than “against” as you put it.

Is it your job to advertise for them here?

See - works both ways.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1

Is Hind somewhere near completion? 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I’m sorry did I say something inaccurate?

Where did I say something about “and other flight sims”?

You were badmouthing Cliffs of Dover for years. Here and in other forums. 

You were badmouthing Cliffs of Dover for years. Here and in other forums. 

No SIM is perfect. Specially this days. Most of them are based on old limited engines that should have been scrapped long time ago. 

Edited by Jaws2002

Yeah - I made remarks about CloD - a product that I spent $50 on and wouldn’t boot up correctly, was useless and got uninstalled immediately.

Again - observation, direct experience.

Do you have a better example?

1 hour ago, Brano said:

Is Hind somewhere near completion? 

I would actually be surprised if that comes out within the next 2 years.  I have no idea of course, and I might be completely wrong about that prediction (I hope I am) but I've not read anything to indicate that the Hind is anywhere near a state of even Early Access.  And then it might very well be several years further on until that thing is in a state of official release.  Things often go very slowly in DCS World. 

13 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

.  Things often go very slowly in DCS World. 

That's right. But things speeded up the last 2 years or so. I wouldn't be to surprised, if we see the Hind by summer or fall 2020. Fingers crossed. I want this one so badly.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the amount of skins that has been released by the community for the F16.

8 hours ago, Sharpe43 said:

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the amount of skins that has been released by the community for the F16.

Agree. I tried a dozen of F-16 skins over the weekend and all of them were uploaded in the last few days, since the F-16 release.

It reignited my interest for skining. Surprisingly, It's now much easier to upload a skin in the game compared to the early DCS Black Shark days. You no longer need LUA scripts, Voodoo, and animal sacrifices to get a skin in the game. :)

Here's the early stage of my first attempt of DCS skinning in over five years. 😛

Screen-191006-233745.thumb.png.877d2b2202022ff5861b440fd6c25d8e.png

Hope I can finish it this year.

• Haha 1

DCS at their best: skins and screenshoot "simulation". :)

• Haha 1

I don't skin and don't even take screenshots.

Guess I am missing out on the best then??

But I sure as heck am enjoying learning all the ins and outs of the Hornet!

Just like I enjoy the heck out of IL-2 single player as well!

Oh wait, I am actually enjoying both very much for what they offer...

We "the flight sim community" are very fortunate to have both companies offering us product for our enjoyment in this very niche hobby.

And I am very glad to support both in their endeavors. 

• Upvote 5

I’m sure I’m missing out on quite a bit, but I just fly the Spitfire and P-51 in DCS. Content is a bit lacking, but I really love flying around on the Normandy map in the Spit. The cockpit is stunning and it runs surprisingly smooth for me in VR. 

The only jet I ever got into was the MiG-21. What a great module. 

Isn't it about time for a fall sale? Is that not an annual thing?

Still working on savings regarding those expensive helo fuelcosts:

Edited by Monostripezebra

Outstanding hello-skills. But the second video leaves me with a big question mark regarding the FMs. The B-17 should not be able to take off with this additional weight on its rear section. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

Outstanding hello-skills. But the second video leaves me with a big question mark regarding the FMs. The B-17 should not be able to take off with this additional weight on its rear section. 

As the B-17 is not a player-controllable or full-fidelity aircraft, it does not adhere to the flight model of the paid modules. That's my understanding.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

As the B-17 is not a player-controllable or full-fidelity aircraft, it does not adhere to the flight model of the paid modules. That's my understanding.

I'm fully aware of this. I own every module and support ED for years now. No complaints about the FMs regarding the full fidelity modules. 

But it's a bit of a let down to witness, that their AI FMs are so rudimentary. 

For me it still the best sim. But I need both GB and DCS to be satisfied. 
GB for its online combat. DCS for true feel of do pilot things and SP

For those of you who have gotten the big boot from DCS, your perma ban has been lifted. There is also a new NineLine.😲

35 minutes ago, MiloMorai said:

..NineLine...

Who he?

I too have about every DCS World module I could get.

The main reason things @DCS World are indeed quite slow (depends on what one expects of course) is just because us simmers expect so much (too much?).

I too bought (pre-ordered) the F-16C module as well and yes it is indeed far from finished (as Jabbers and many others attested) ... yet ... I will wait am am still thrilled to at least have it to

some degree in the DCS World.  

Reason I am still satisfied with the state DCS is in (and *very satisfied* with IL-2) is because I am no true purist and I am into this mostly for the fun.

Being able to 'fly' co-op with family and friends in both DCS and IL-2 makes all those temporary! shortcomings seem so irrelevant compared to the big picture ... to me at least !

BTW co-op in 1-and-the-same-F-14B is simply the best experience I personally ever had in *any* flight-sim !

But of course YMMV ... if you ever were a real pilot in life (or avid aviation purist) then indeed you might get frustrated ... I can sure understand.

Regards,

Stefaan 

Edited by simfan2015

DCS customers are giving just as much or more crap to their developers as here. 
Collect all negativity on this board and multiply it with 20. 
There are complaints about getting the F 16 the Hornet is finished,  why this and that is broken after each pack. 
Liking DCS is a hard core struggle, sometimes you need to look long and hard to find positive things in the heap of frustration. 
Still their servers got more people than GB. 
And that should be possible for GB to take advantage of. In special now when Bodenplatte is soon to be finished. 

Edited by LuseKofte

6 hours ago, simfan2015 said:

I am into this mostly for the fun.

Being able to 'fly' co-op with family and friends in both DCS and IL-2 makes all those temporary! shortcomings seem so irrelevant compared to the big picture ... to me at least !

I understand exactly where you are coming from Stefan!:salute:

S!

Flying the WW2 campaigns by Reflected. Fun ones and with DCS systems modelling a challenge too. Landed after a sortie where Ponies were strafing the field. A hangar on fire while my K-4 leaked fuel fumes...

fireball.jpg

@LLv34_Flanker... I like comparing the WWII implementation and planes in DCS vs IL-2 ... both different, both superb.