LuseKofte

DCS news

Well I find it a bit boring the constant interest shown here in displaying their contempt on a sim they claim having no interest in. 

I find it amusing that people flying a semi arcadish game claim realism while doing it no matter the brand. 

When BOS was released it got patronized by jerks, now DCS got the same treatment but in a very much more arrogant tone. And it just get boring

• Upvote 6

52 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Well I find it a bit boring the constant interest shown here in displaying their contempt on a sim they claim having no interest in. 

I find it amusing that people flying a semi arcadish game claim realism while doing it no matter the brand. 

When BOS was released it got patronized by jerks, now DCS got the same treatment but in a very much more arrogant tone. And it just get boring

People are pretty clannish in general, and the more they like something, the more they see criticism of the thing as criticism of themselves. I've seen a lot of arrogance from DCS guys as well, who are heavily invested in that brand and see people enjoying games like GB. We all like to pretend we're real pilots and its possible to lose perspective pretty easily. 

DCS is a study sim that focuses on the operation of the aircraft; Il-2 Great Battle is a combat sim that focuses on flying the aircraft in combat. Both do some things better than the other. GB has done a good job producing an experience of flying a variety of aircraft within theatres of war, providing consistent opponents, maps and historical campaigns. DCS simulates the details of aircraft operation very well. I think the reason that DCS WWII catches the flak it does (lol) is that the WWII planes just require a lot less workload to operate, so they have to rely on feeling of flight, flight modeling, combat, etc to get their money's worth. where GB is already very competitive or better. Once the cracks show in any facade its easier to pick it apart, people lose their suspension of disbelief, and then it becomes satisfying to tear something down. You see it with nitpickers in GB as well, where every small problem destroys immersion forever and they are just going to quit playing.

And it must be noted that for the budget conscious (such as small working class falcons like myself), DCS is something of a non-starter. If I can buy BoBP premium for 80 dollars and get 8 planes, a map, a career, and a lot of decent multiplayer opportunities, that's a better deal than purchasing one plane and a map to fly it on in DCS. If DCS was an order of magnitude better in flight modeling for WWII then it might be worth considering, but from the reviews I've seen of the WWII birds the flight modeling is pretty close.

Wrap this all up with people who have been waiting years for products with no updates or dealing with incomplete planes, and you have some (justified) bitterness thrown in to all this as well. 

To a certain extent its just Nintendo vs. Sega for flight sim geeks. Its all just vidya games folks! If you got the money you can have both, if you don't just pick one and don't integrate it so heavily into your identity.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I've seen a lot of arrogance from DCS guys as well,

I am well aware of that. Cod  communities was on verge to ban those supporting BOS, now I see almost all of them fly GB. 

I am well aware of it, but now and then I burst reading it. 

What people here mock make sense but are equally criticized in DCS groups on fb.

I almost miss Lukes dead horse. 

I am well aware of DCS annoying priorities. 

But the latter writing here attack anyone getting close to enlighten shortcomings  of GB. And there are some. 

There is a black and white view going on. 

I fly all sims, and I do not dislike any of them. 

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LuseK ? I do not know how we can save raaaid to take off & land:

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Neato!

Almost enough to make me install DCS.

Nice Big Ass Concrete Runways in DCS. Lots of them. :biggrin: 

Is that enough to push you over the edge?

40 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Nice Big Ass Concrete Runways in DCS. Lots of them. :biggrin: 

Is that enough to push you over the edge?

Did you miss last dev update? :). Mind you, I love DCS as well.  However, with the upcoming western front map, British & American planes, the generic improvements and WW1 map I will definitely spend more time with IL2!

Airfield_2.jpg

Edited by SYN_Vander

Time make me hesitate even touching some if the new carrier modules. Time availeable simply prevent any serious simming in GB and DCS 

but suddenly I got the urge

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

Time make me hesitate even touching some if the new carrier modules. Time availeable simply prevent any serious simming in GB and DCS 

but suddenly I got the urge

The need for speed?

11 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Yes but like in GB I never get to the landing part

Can do the landing part in GB no problem but DCS?  More burst tyres I'm afraid.....:o:

• Upvote 1

Dcs demand such dedication to operate a module that I sm a bit off marked.

I can see the thrill snd joy like a inmate looking out the window to freedom in a prison.

I  just have to think I get the time and urge to learn in a later stage. Its like I spend it sll on those I learned. But nothing beat a mission with the mighty eight

Still not bought th Viper and I will try to keep it that way. 

Edited by LuseKofte