Jump to content
LuseKofte

DCS news

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

This is a DCS news topic. Do not use it to compared with BoX and even more, do not use it to say that the FM are balanced in here...common sense.

 

As a matter of fact, try to do that at DCS forums and see what happens to your topic. This topic stand in this forum as a matter of courtesy, if you do not believe it jsut check rule 8. DCS discussions are forbidden at the Russian side.

 

Keep it on topic or it wont be a topic

 

most important rule of all in this case:

2. This forum is provided by 1C-777 Ltd. as a courtesy and its usage is a privilege and 1C-777 Ltd. reserves the right to ban any member temporarily or permanently for any reason at any time. Any penalties listed below for violations of the rules are guidelines only and forum administration may take additional action if they feel it is warranted. Use of the forum is not connected to usage of the game and access to this forum is not guaranteed to users as a consequence of purchasing the game

 

Haash

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Rule 6

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DCS Fw-190 A8 Cockpit/Windscreen Bar :(

 

 

 

Screen_190608_084533.jpg

Screen_190608_084659.jpg

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aah the bar, the bar.

It's never too late to start over again the bar discussion.

 

Summertime is comin' so what kind of bars do you guys prefer?

I personally am a beer drinker so when the bartender serves me a Belgian beer you won't hear me complaining. :drinks::drink2:

 

Cafe.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.

 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Veteran66 said:

Yes, too bad the developers know it :(

They obviously don't read this forum for info such as this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

I can't even

 

.....end a sentence? Form a sentence? 

I get it, I have that problem expressing myself in English writing 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 11:55 PM, Veteran66 said:

DCS Fw-190 A8 Cockpit/Windscreen Bar :(

 

 

 

Screen_190608_084533.jpg

Screen_190608_084659.jpg

 

Weird, I've never heard of a bar issue in any flight sim ever in the history of flight sims.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Same issue as IL2 1946 vanilla...

 

a refractive effect not implemented

 

 

Edited by F/JG300_Egon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, it must have been the dyslexia, but I could have sworn that all LW pilots had bra issues.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read there is a lot of bugs on the latest update. 

Anyone have a input on that? 

Random ctd and such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:39 AM, Cpt_Cool said:

Wait, it must have been the dyslexia, but I could have sworn that all LW pilots had bra issues.

 

It all started with "Bubi" Hartmann

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rekt said:

 

 

Let's see you try to dogfight with an underwire digging into your ribs!! 🤣

 

They need the "Cross your Hartmann" bar.  :new_russian:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rekt said:

 

 

Let's see you try to dogfight with an underwire digging into your ribs!! 🤣

Is that comment from experience?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, LuseKofte said:

I read there is a lot of bugs on the latest update. 

Anyone have a input on that? 

Random ctd and such

 

It's probably more related to new EDM files format rendering numerous custom mods incompatible with 2.5.5. They either don't work well, or don't work at all, or cause various issues. 

 

I had to disable some old favourite mods of mine as well, but otherwise, haven't experienced any CTDs really. However, I've been testing warbirds only so far...

Edited by Art-J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 7:42 PM, F/JG300_Egon said:

Same issue as IL2 1946 vanilla...

 

a refractive effect not implemented

 

It would need a ray-tracing or rendering using two distinct camera view-ports (one for the front glass, 2nd for the rest of the canopy). The latter should be less demanding but still pretty heavy unless done with some clever LoD and/or dividing frame-rate (like it's done for mirrors in the DCS).

 

I would accept it but I'm sure many would object...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the start of that as a very good reason to buy the Persian Gulf map (despite current events)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sabres look fantastic... just a pity we can't use them in a proper campaign on a proper historical map  :(

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never can understand this desire for historical maps when missions are not historical in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 3:39 PM, MiloMorai said:

I never can understand this desire for historical maps when missions are not historical in any way.

 

Don't you need the map first?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a bit like trying to play football with a group of tennis players, ice skaters and a chess champion on a golf course.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite. 

It is about make due with what you have and enjoy it. 

I can fly over any desert and call it North Africa 

when you do not have a alternative you make due

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What I found is that there is much to be done in DCS that doesn't involve actual combat.   Many squadrons are spending a lot of time doing training exercises that are demanding as hell but they are based on real-world peace time exercises, not rooted in actual conflict.  If you are fighting a "war" in Nevada it doesn't make much sense...if you are going through flight qualifications at Nellis based on real world training doctrine, it makes perfect sense.  Doing Carrier Quals in the PG with live Marshall and LSO and a guy that knows what he's doing in the back seat is an experience in and of itself, and it doesn't involve combat or conflict.  That isn't to say that it wouldn't be cool to have theaters like the Koreas, for Sabres and Migs, or whatever, but it isn't the end-all-be-all of what DCS offers and groups are making very good use of it as it is.  This is the difference between a Study Sim versus a Survey Sim like IL-2...the latter has more of a need of actual historical battlefields than the former.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

What I found is that there is much to be done in DCS that doesn't involve actual combat.   Many squadrons are spending a lot of time doing training exercises that are demanding as hell but they are based on real-world peace time exercises, not rooted in actual conflict.  If you are fighting a "war" in Nevada it doesn't make much sense...if you are going through flight qualifications at Nellis based on real world training doctrine, it makes perfect sense.  Doing Carrier Quals in the PG with live Marshall and LSO and a guy that knows what he's doing in the back seat is an experience in and of itself, and it doesn't involve combat or conflict.  

 

In theory I could get into all of that.

Red Flag for instance, not actual combat but real world training.

 

Then I looked at how many Red Flag campaigns were available for the F-15...a grand total of ONE when I last looked.

I'd think that for an aircraft like this you'd want a few, representing different years, different participants etc. Nope...just one.

(sure I'm free to learn the A-10 for a handful more Red Flag missions...no thanks)

 

Not worth the install/hassle/time for me. So as per usual it comes down to total content, and on a "per aircraft" basis it's pathetically slim pickings with DCS.

 

Still I hear what you're saying and I get it...there's more to flying that shooting things.

 

 

Edited by Gambit21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought ww2 pack 🙂 was really cheap on steam, something less than 20€. No plane tho, waiting for  fw190A8 to be released on steam. Will probably regret it after first take off and realising that there is nothing to do in SP. But always wanted to get fully clickable cockpit and learn ww2 plane perfectly. A8 sold me there but wish they would make bf110 or/and ju87. 

 

And really hope (probably in vain) that they will expand ww2 with something more than random planes and fix Normandy map one day. Career please coooome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggle to set dcs ww2 planes on ground. I always must take a flight. 

For me accurate or not just flying them. In special the P 51 it feels so authentic. 

I have no idea if it is, but to me sitting in the P 51 in DCS is as close to sit in a ww2 era plane you get. Mind you this is all in my head. 

I do not much care of the click pits on these planes since I got a pit with enough switches to cover them. 

When in flight I feel I manage the engine out of true parameters not timers. 

For me that is important anything else put me off flight expirience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I ever have time to sim anymore, but top module wishes:

 

- F-4...the Viper will be great but DCS would be so great if the Vietnam era had just a bit more and then was continually worked on over time. 

- F-15C full module. Hornet and Viper will have JTIDS AFAIK; I’d love to see more complex radar mechanics and the stores management display replaced with a MFD (can’t remember what Eagle guys call it...MFD, MFCP, MFCD...ugh). 

- MiG-21 Bison or LanceR. The Bis is great but I’d love to have a bit more jet to take on NATO aircraft with. Not historically accurate for matchups but it would be fun. 

I’m sure there are 1000 reasons that list doesn’t make sense, all just personal preference that I doubt will happen (except F-4 in a few years). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 8:28 PM, Gambit21 said:

 

In theory I could get into all of that.

Red Flag for instance, not actual combat but real world training.

 

Then I looked at how many Red Flag campaigns were available for the F-15...a grand total of ONE when I last looked.

I'd think that for an aircraft like this you'd want a few, representing different years, different participants etc. Nope...just one.

(sure I'm free to learn the A-10 for a handful more Red Flag missions...no thanks)

 

Not worth the install/hassle/time for me. So as per usual it comes down to total content, and on a "per aircraft" basis it's pathetically slim pickings with DCS.

 

Still I hear what you're saying and I get it...there's more to flying that shooting things.

 

 

 

Like so many things, I think you get out of DCS what you're willing to put into it.  A lot of things in DCS opened up for me when I decided to take it online and start learning from the community...it gave me a whole new sylabus of skills to learn and practice, and seeing just how skilled and knowledgeable some of the other people who play it has raised the bar for me on what I want to be able to do with my planes.  That leads to a whole lot of hours of tasks to work on, many of which are routine, but nonetheless challenging, and therefore worthwhile.   Most people would be bored I suppose...I can't tell you how many hours I've spent just hooking up to a KC-135, until it becomes natural, or doing traps in carriers, or slinging loads in helicopters simply from point A to point B, etc.  Some things have been pretty darned humbling, but in a postive way, because I'll see somebody else doing some challenging task as if it's 'nuthin, and then I'll try it, and I'm all over the place, and so then I'm motivated to get to work on it until I can perform like that too.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeaSerpent said:

Like so many things, I think you get out of DCS what you're willing to put into it

 

Spot on. 

If I find I want to learn a module I really enjoy myself. And I think after all that training doing a successful mission is so rewarding.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 3:34 AM, InProgress said:

I bought ww2 pack 🙂 was really cheap on steam, something less than 20€. No plane tho, waiting for  fw190A8 to be released on steam. Will probably regret it after first take off and realising that there is nothing to do in SP. But always wanted to get fully clickable cockpit and learn ww2 plane perfectly. A8 sold me there but wish they would make bf110 or/and ju87. 

 

And really hope (probably in vain) that they will expand ww2 with something more than random planes and fix Normandy map one day. Career please coooome!

There was actually a very good set of FW190s, with clickable cockpit, in FSX back in the day.

It was made by Classic Hangar and they had the whole startup procedure very well done.

 Was my first clickable cockpit and i really enjoyed their early fw190s. The 190s were very easy to start. After a few attempts i was doing it like clock work. 

 

 

  I only got a chance for a quick airstart in the DCS A8. I didn't get to start it yet.  

I don't think all the cockpit is implemented yet. I tried to flip the cover over the fuel tank sellection panel and it wasn't active.

 If you have FSX i bet you can find the classic hangar 190s for cheap now to play with them.

 

Edit.

I just checked and they are not that chep, but for thirty one euros you can get all the A versions, ztraight from them:

 

https://www.classics-hangar.de/store/shop2/product_info.php?info=p9_fw-190-a-kompilation--flight1-edition-.html

 

Edited by Jaws2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jaws2002

There is new Microsoft flight sim coming out so maybe they will do some ww2 planes as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new one they are making is most likely going to be optimized for console, so i doubt it's going to be worth the time and money.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...