No.322_LuseKofte

DCS news

Yeah bzc3lk, but that one says Fighting Falcon, we're getting the Viper.

So I've been told 😄

Oh, and it's year 2007 too, very importanter (it seems).

Don't anyone dare trying to fly any What-if's scenarios in a dark room at home with closed door, so many very important "been working all my life on F-16C" will get a cardiac arrest if you do.

I'd assume there will only be 1 livery for this one too, the one used in 2007 - or the whole module will become fake, covfefe style (see what I did there?).

Flight simmer community goes more weird by the frigging week I tell you.

Thank frigging God and the rambling Israelites for singleplayer.

<insert numerous words not allowed here to get the complete picture of this post>

9 hours ago, theOden said:

Oh, and it's year 2007 too, very importanter (it seems).

Don't anyone dare trying to fly any What-if's scenarios in a dark room at home with closed door, so many very important "been working all my life on F-16C" will get a cardiac arrest if you do.

I'd assume there will only be 1 livery for this one too, the one used in 2007 - or the whole module will become fake, covfefe style (see what I did there?).

Flight simmer community goes more weird by the frigging week I tell you.

Thank frigging God and the rambling Israelites for singleplayer.

<insert numerous words not allowed here to get the complete picture of this post>

What on earth are you rambling on about?

• Upvote 1

I figured he was meth-posting.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm not a big DCS but I've always loved the F-16. 45 years since its first flight and still one of the sweetest looking fighters ever designed. I might be tempted to buy just to tool around in it.

I am getting rid of my account if anyone is interested. I haven't done any serious flying in more than a year. I just don't have time or energy for it anymore. Everything is linked up to a new email created only for DCS just change the password.

Persian Gulf Map

Nevada Map

F-14

AJS-37

2xMiG-21bis (did not want to ever run out of activations)

MiG-15

F-86

L-39

Flaming Cliffs 3

SA342 Gazelle

Mi-8

UH-1H

Black Shark 2

$750 worth of stuff. I would take $300 for the whole thing.

Posted (edited)

If ED know who you are they may well suspend your account for breaking the eula by selling your modules. Just saying. 

But good luck. I'd give most of mine away if I could.

Edited by Rolling_Thunder

This is what I care about, the MI 24 P Hind

62036447_10161969171295341_2609664464542

61530283_10161969171345341_2107630771014

61370289_10161969171325341_9518987385933

61392612_10161969171490341_4468323467535

I also welcome this.

Ka-50-New-Model-02.jpg

More details have emerged about the upcoming Kamov upgrade. Since the new graphics engine, Eagle Dynamics made no secret about their desire to upgrade their older products. After more than 10 years of service, it is time for the venerable Blackshark to get a second lease of life

The Ka-50 update will consist of new functions such as Igla air-to-air missiles and missile warning systems with infrared missile jamming systems in addition to a substantial graphics overhaul. While new cockpit functions will be part of a paid upgrade, the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free. In addition to a graphics overall and new features, we will also take this opportunity to clean up any remaining bugs in the Ka-50. 

Eagle Dynamics 31/05/2018

Graphical update

Eagle Dynamics published a few screenshots of the new 3D model. The attention to detail is stunning and we could resist taking some comparison screenshot to highlight that:

• Ka-50-New-Model-06-1024x576.jpg
  • old-rotor-KA-50-1024x546.png
  • Ka-50-New-Model-02-1024x576.jpg
  • front-right-1-1024x551.png
  • Ka-50-comparison-1024x527.png
  • Ka-50-New-Model-04-1024x576.jpg
  • old-gun-1024x530.png

While the Kamov still looks decent by nowadays standard – A lot of details were achieved by the textures. I can’t wait to see the new model with PBR textures… 

System Mid-life update

Not only the graphics… but the systems are getting a serious upgrade. The original Kamov was modeled after one of the prototypes, and a lot of fans were asking for production systems to be implemented. 
Wags announced the following being developed to the Blackshark:

• Missile Launch Warning System
  • IR Jammer
  • Igla Air to Air Missiles
  •  
image-3.png

The Kamov was a deadly machine but still suffered poor defensive capability – With the upgrade, the helicopter will be able to defend itself against fighters and survive more easily on the battlefield as the MLWS will compensate the poor cockpit visibility and help the pilot detecting enemy fire. 

Everything has a price… 

DVD-cover-eng-2-face-725x1024.jpg Black Shark originally released in 2008

It also has been revealed that this will come at a price. The product has been released in 2008 and is still maintained today. Even within the simulation industry, this is an incredible product life and it isn’t free for the studio. 

Eagle Dynamics seems to have learned from the past and has tried to come up with a fair offer for the community. The graphical update will come for free for all Blackshark pilots. Systems will be part of a paid upgrade, which may most likely be Blackshark 3. It is not planned to force people to purchase the blackshark a third time. 

This sounds a fair deal as the choice is in customer’s hand – Those who want to keep their helicopter as they bought it will benefit with a free, first-class 3D model, while those who want to upgrade their Kamov avionics will be able to do so. Unlike Blackshark 2 which left the bad taste of a mandatory purchase, this upgrade is totally optional. In parallel, this allows the studio to maintain the product at a high standard without bleeding money. 

• Like 2

"While new cockpitfunctions will be part of a paid upgrade"

So you get the graphics update but then you have to pay for

"Withthe upgrade, the helicopter will be able to defend itself against fighters and survive more easily on the battlefield"

Interesting. So some folks will have paid for the black shark 3 times!

I'm not going to tell people how to spend their hard earned money but if folk are going to pay for "functions" to complete their, already paid for, modules cockpit, then this crazy cash grab will only get worse. Were heading down the $10 per maverick road, and some folk are cheering ED all the way.

Folk will say "you expect ED to not get paid for their work" but this is a module that has already been paid for. Twice in some cases. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well I do not mind paying for the upgrade. But you miss a vital point. You get a bug fix for free and a upgraded graphic. And a very useful attackheli without the upgrade. 

What pisses me off is the morale you show by your post. 

This strategy will have to be obtained by the devs in GB too, If they get to live as long as DCS and I bet you be fine with that. 

I personally would pay for such upgrade in GB already. And you act like it is a load of money. 

Do not buy toys that affect feeding your children

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

GB devs give you upgrades included. Every single GB aircraft has options. One does not have to pay for them. Upgrades nearly killed this game. At least the GB devs had the inteligence to take note of the communities outrage on the matter and act sensibly.

I did not miss a thing, bug fixes should be free. I think you miss a vital point, The black shark has been out for a decade and still has bugs! Also the graphics upgrade is necissary because they upgraded their graphics engine and while the blackshark is still for sale in their shop, at full price, it required an upgrade. Same with the A10c, I wonder what pay for upgrade will be included in the A10c graphics upgrade.

But you go ahead and keep cheering ED along and you keep feeling pissed off when somebody criticizes ED. 

Edited by Rolling_Thunder
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I am very much looking forward to the upgraded KA-50, should really help in VR also.

It was my original DCS sim in 2008 and will always be my first love in DCS.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

GB devs give you upgrades included

So do DCS. I say when GB get to be 10 years they will meet some financial challanges revamping their software I gladly support that. 

I do not in any way support both companies customers relationship. Nor DCS hung to punish those giving critique. 

I simply say that funding development of flightsim has changed. And we see it in both brands. All we can do is choose what we are willing to pay for

Edited by LuseKofte

2 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

So do DCS. I say when GB get to be 10 years they will meet some financial challanges revamping their software I gladly support that. 

No they wont. We've already seen under the hood revamping from GB devs for free. After EA GB are a finished product, not a beta. The problem with ED is they're selling a beta at full price. Those that want it buy it. Once the sales have hit their peak there is little income, yet they still have to spend man hours developing the module because it's not finished, it's still in beta. They are basically financing the continued development of their betas by releasing more betas. And when that doesn't work they charge extra for battlefield survivability.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

No they wont. We've already seen under the hood revamping from GB devs for free. 

I disagree , but see your point, The upgrade done to meet VR was a live or die thing. 

But the feelings you guys have towards DCS are in my opinion uncomprehencive . Like 1 CG group or ED care if one of us is pissed off.

GB , DCS , COD and X plane 11 with a little WOFF WW2 on the side keep my interest afloat.

No single brand of these are capable to do so for me, I am glad in your behalf that GB manage to do that.

But. to me that is not the case. I simply do not feel I manage a plane in this sim. It is all about the combat experience. I need the technical part of it. The bombaimer interface put me instantly off, same with the lacking Bombardier pit in A 20 (a plane I looked forward to)

But I still manage to get a few hours a week of joy. I am not disagreeing in your point of view in many of aspects you mention. They are hard to come by.

To me it is a make do attitude. Get the best of all worlds and leave the rest.

I now consider FC and VR goggles, I really believe VR will make that experience very good. I tested it out Thursday and got a huge urge to do that again

Edited by LuseKofte

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 10:41 PM, Rolling_Thunder said:

GB devs give you upgrades included. Every single GB aircraft has options. One does not have to pay for them. Upgrades nearly killed this game. At least the GB devs had the inteligence to take note of the communities outrage on the matter and act sensibly.

I did not miss a thing, bug fixes should be free. I think you miss a vital point, The black shark has been out for a decade and still has bugs! Also the graphics upgrade is necissary because they upgraded their graphics engine and while the blackshark is still for sale in their shop, at full price, it required an upgrade. Same with the A10c, I wonder what pay for upgrade will be included in the A10c graphics upgrade.

But you go ahead and keep cheering ED along and you keep feeling pissed off when somebody criticizes ED. 

Their helicopter modules are on a level of fidelity unsurpassed by anything anywhere else.

Flying the MI-8 over the ocean on a rescue mission in VR (at night) was  a thrilling experience in which I became almost frightened by how real it all felt. At times I became disoriented, and nearly died simply due to panicking!

Long missions in which you really don't want to die (and start again), over the ocean in a helicopter are almost too intense! I honestly got a sense for how terrifying it would be for real pilots. The water below an abyss, that with one false move would swallow a careless pilot forever. Truly incredible atmosphere, missing only the smell of the ocean itself! I certainly have never felt short changed by any of the helicopter modules, for which there is an abudance of quality content. 

The WW2 argument I can at least understand (though its going places fast), but I just can't understand how you could ever have experienced all this for yourself, and still not realize why people love, support and pay for such modules.

I own and have learned all the helicopters. I've never paid for any bug fixes and cannot remember any serious bugs, or any that were not fixed in time.

Unfortunately this level of fidelity takes time, effort and money to produce. Significant changes, take significant effort which will mean payment, but only if you want the improvements.

I don't understand why what DCS is doing would bother you anyway as you so obviously dislike the sim and developers.

Why not just accept that other people love something that you don't, and move on with your life?

Edited by Wolf8312

I like DCS. I love my F-14. You are right about me disliking ED. I do not trust what wags says. He has proven himself full of shit on more than one occasion and Sith Huckabee Sanders is even worse. 

I will purchase another heatblur product if it catches my imagination, I like what they do, but I will not purchase another ED module. And I will criticize ED for their short comings as much as I like as I have paid for the right to do so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolf8312 said:

The WW2 argument I can at least understand (though its going places fast)...

No disrespect, but this made me chuckle.

I'm trying to remember what year it was that I gave them $60 for my Dora.

• Haha 2

I think he means there are a new momentum in ww2. 

However no one take anything for granted. 

To me a revamped KA 50 and a Hind is well worth waiting for. 

The smug tone you guys have is typical for flightsim community. Somehow there is a need for hate and disrespect. 

Always the grudge from years back. I spent 50 bucks 6 years ago and I never get it back. 

Well I bought a camper van I don’t use nor wish to use , I don’t blame anyone but me

28 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

The smug tone you guys have is typical for flightsim community. 

Says the guy who never passes up on a chance to announce that BoX isn’t for him.  Repeatedly.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

Well I bought a camper van I don’t use nor wish to use , I don’t blame anyone but me

I wonder, was your camper feature complete when you bought it? Were you promised breaks for it, that were never delivered? A steering wheel that the manufacturer decided they were just not going to make? Did the manufacturer decide nah were not going to finish your camper because we've decided to make a sports car instead? If so you have a point, otherwise your camper has absolutely no relevance here.

It is a wonderful camper 8 mtrs and 5,5 metric tonn buildt from scratch by a buss chassi factory. Nothing wrong with it, I just do not like camping in a van. I am more a mountain tent or plane+ Hotel + rentalcar guy. I simply took the wrong choice, being misled to believe I would like that sort of thing. I think it got relevance.

Anyway, I do understand your frustration, I go through the same every time I see these beautyful models in GB , and it simply do not achieve the pleasure I wished it would.

The product is not a long term hobby of mine. But it is what it is. I bought products in total for 500$ to support PTO and it seemingly do not come. And that is in the line of what you expirience. I was promised something that not going to happened

I think he means there are a new momentum in ww2.

Yes I knew when I responded that that this is absolutely what he meant, but my (again respectful) snort laugh remains intact.

"OK customers, I know we told you that we ere on the WWII track years ago, but now we're honestly and REALLY on the WWII track...just you wait!"

I'm being facetious of course, but color me skeptical that anything is going to change....and even if it does, that train left the station for me years ago.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I was promised something that not going to happened

PTO was never promised to you.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

PTO was never promised to you.

What?

Funny if ED had put a PTO section in forum and talked of their ambitions to do it, you guys would have been all over it as a promise. 

But the generosity only goes in favor of 1CG.

Anyway I have not lost all hopes for it to come, since I firmly believe Jason was honest when he said he like to do it. Also I do not regret in the support I did

Since it is a good game. I flown 3 missions in TAW last couple of days, I would have done more if it was not full all the time, That server really bring this game to life

people are careful with their virtual life, and the campaign got a very historical atmosphere. So I guess if Gambit make more. campaigns for bombers or other general purpose aircraft

more servers like TAW came to life, I probably would love this to death. 

When you take away the kill rate race in other servers , the kamikaze attitude. Protect the bombers and the assets this game is really something.

My point is , I am not against GB, but I personally cannot afford not buying new content and keep old content. I need it all for sustain interest. 

I really envy guys that are enjoying one game , one plane and are able to endlessly improving.

Edited by LuseKofte

If one should discuss expectations, Pacific is somewhere at the bottom of the list (if at all). Korea, Suez/Sinai for Arab-Israeli wars, Vietnam and Afghanistan are on my come-back-to-DCS list.

Posted (edited)

I understand your point LuseKofte, you don't like BoX as it doesn't offer what you want but please understand that 95% of the population is not like you. You just dislike figthers and love bombers.

I bet that you can enjoy any plane in BoX as you do in DCS if you practice, you are just missing content because you are shy. I honestly tell you that I hate when you say that "I am happy others can enjoy the game" with a pinch of victimism.

What is to like or dislike a plane? Not being able to use it or just don't want to use it because of the first?

I think you should try and if not, try harder. If combat flight is not for you, then there are a lot of sims out there. In those you don't need to shoot but I am confident that everybody can enjoy a combat sim.

Also, there is nothing wrong to be shot down. I always end up with a smile after a good fight. I understand that you might like relaxing flights but this is a combat simulator.

If you end up doing all of this and keep on disliking flying a figther, then this might not be your genre. 
PS: If you like to do relaxing flights in Digital Combat Simulator and it offers a lot of quality non combat content, I would like to know what those devs are doing.

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

"I am happy others can enjoy the game" with a pinch of victimism

Not at al victimizing myself. I am quite capable flying a fighter. But get very fast unfocused and bored by it. I am even better with team mates. 

But on a daily bases I like to do a task, something that counts. Defending targets are, but my inability to focus and stay alert make me a easy target every time. I know my English bring people to misunderstand. 

What I mean is I envy those with that capability , patience and aggressiveness because they can evolve their fighter skills forever. 

How the servers plays out(witch is not the game itself) bombers are a fat easy target. 

I am not shy, but I have a internet fatigue , and atm a need to be available to the family. 

This is why I not go on ts or discord nor use my VR. I am in it for one mission at the time. 

TAW gave me a good feeling, it provide a realistic gameplay I only can describe as a good DCS or GB campaign. Where general purpose aircraft have a important role

Edited by LuseKofte

5 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

What?

It’s really not that difficult to understand. It’s not promised until they start taking pre-order money.    They’ve been quite clear about that. 

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It’s really not that difficult to understand. It’s not promised until they start taking pre-order money.    They’ve been quite clear about that. 

Yes I guess your right

On 6/3/2019 at 3:25 AM, Gambit21 said:

No disrespect, but this made me chuckle.

I'm trying to remember what year it was that I gave them $60 for my Dora.

I've never regretted buying any of them but we all want or expect different things I guess. I think context is more important for you than it ever will be for me. I don't really give a damn what make or model, or terrain it is flying in, I can have alot of fun flying it over a  modern Dubai!

For me the only problem with the Dora is not the module itself per say but the AI. You can boom and zoom in it, but find yourself level on altitude with almost any other plane and you are toast!

It's kinda ridiculous but one of the greatest planes of the war is an utter death trap! Works both ways too when fighting the AI. They are just so easy to kill in that thing!

There are problems, but I still stand by the statement, I'm really excited not only for the new performance updates (VR), new planes, and damage models, but because I really do think the developers are planing to really go for it (WW2) now!

I just bought the new 190 A8 on preorder, so I never had any real complaints with the WW2 modules!

30 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

I just bought the new 190 A8

I enjoy the Battles of Il-2 Great Battles.

Can't say the same about Combat in Digital Combat SImulator.

BTW: RIP 1,42 ata

So they actually did not add the extra power?

21 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Not at al victimizing myself. I am quite capable flying a fighter. But get very fast unfocused and bored by it. I am even better with team mates. 

But on a daily bases I like to do a task, something that counts. Defending targets are, but my inability to focus and stay alert make me a easy target every time. I know my English bring people to misunderstand. 

What I mean is I envy those with that capability , patience and aggressiveness because they can evolve their fighter skills forever. 

How the servers plays out(witch is not the game itself) bombers are a fat easy target. 

I am not shy, but I have a internet fatigue , and atm a need to be available to the family. 

This is why I not go on ts or discord nor use my VR. I am in it for one mission at the time. 

TAW gave me a good feeling, it provide a realistic gameplay I only can describe as a good DCS or GB campaign. Where general purpose aircraft have a important role

I understand that and I hope I didn't say something offensive. I know you from the forums here and I know you always are honest about your opinion. My vision is not perfect of course.

I think you should try virtual squadrons, some times we as people are the best piece of enjoyment and progression. If you are flying a scort in a Coop or defending some objective in a mission, you might find that thing you are seeking.

I really recommend you to join a squad, that is where the fun always is, no matter how is the gamme :) 

Well you did get me to fly fighters. 

I figured out by your post that it must be much more to fighter duty than I have seen. 

Mostly flown fighters with friends and put my trust to their ability to take actions. 

After a few missions in TAW in  mig and LA 5 

I put some effort in being smart sbout flying. 

I attempted to catch up some ea and let them go when I found the situation got worse. 

In fact the strategy of evaluate a situation , own ability as a pilot together with constantly have to 

watch out for enemy trying to do the same to you. Gave appetite for more. 

I wont call them successful missions, but I survived them all and returned 3 out of. 4 

so I own you a thank you

2 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

I enjoy the Battles of Il-2 Great Battles.

Can't say the same about Combat in Digital Combat SImulator.

BTW: RIP 1,42 ata

So they actually did not add the extra power?

Enjoy them too like both sims. Although on the subject of AI, although DCS has it's faults in SP mode it is more challenging than great battles. Even when I sucked I was able to shoot down scores of airplanes. Great battles shines due to it's atmosphere and context I won't argue there. But I still prefer the DCS planes. Things like landing and taking off are just way more realistic physics wise. Another thing in favour of GB though is spotting and IDing targets. And that is a big one in VR.

1 minute ago, Wolf8312 said:

more realistic physics wise.

Opinion or can you prove that ?

I agree, DCS is more challenging but it's more irrealistic. The planes use a even worse FM than Ace Combat

Posted (edited)

What keeps me afloat in DCS is helicopters, my eternal love for the MI 8 and campaigns that to me are interesting. 

I like feeling of having to educate myself in order to operate the craft. The procedures it is being a pilot. You can almost feel you are on your way to work, for good or bad. 

I simply feel more like a historical pilot. 

If you look at a result on cfs vs reality concerning ground targets.  DCS is more realistic. If you look at the combat simulation itself GB is waay better   

NB! For not starting a new feud I must add that this is how I feel about it, not a proven fact

Edited by LuseKofte

54 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

DCS is more realistic. If you look at the combat simulation itself GB is waay better   

That's exactly how I feel. BOX is all about the combat and DCS is all about the flying. I spend 90% of my time in DCS just flying around the Nevada and Persian Gulf maps, doing takeoff and landings, and enjoying the truly stunning atmospherics. If you get the lighting just right, it's freaking awesome eye candy.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Opinion or can you prove that ?

I agree, DCS is more challenging but it's more irrealistic. The planes use a even worse FM than Ace Combat

2. This forum is provided by 1C-777 Ltd. as a courtesy and its usage is a privilege and 1C-777 Ltd. reserves the right to ban any member temporarily or permanently for any reason at any time. Any penalties listed below for violations of the rules are guidelines only and forum administration may take additional action if they feel it is warranted. Use of the forum is not connected to usage of the game and access to this forum is not guaranteed to users as a consequence of purchasing the game.

18. Claiming that FM is incorrect without the required proof and starting a flame thread based on such claim is prohibited.

The form for an FM claim consists of:

• short but consistent description of the claim;
  • link to a reference and to a specific part of such reference that describes correct behaviour of a disputed element/situation;
  • game track record and the list of conditions used to recreate disputed element/situation.

Exception to this rule: FM discussion

Edited by SYN_Haashashin