LuseKofte

DCS news

Posted (edited)

Yes it is the Free subject section but still.. it seems that this open minded and generous stance of IL2 devs is not shared by the ED forum community manager.

Go on their forum and praise some features of IL2 BoX in a constructive manner over DCS or respectfully criticize the latter a bit in then witness what happens to your post .. :)  

For more information about the number of people who left the ED forum due to excessive censorship, unjustified bans and plain mod bullying :  

But yeah i agree with you, 2 different sims though with a somewhat shared customer base.

Edited by Fennec

ED trolls all the forums that discuss ED products. You get the BIG boot from ED for what you say on these other forums.

4 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

ED trolls all the forums that discuss ED products. You get the BIG boot from ED for what you say on these other forums.

Remember when the spinmeister had a meltdown and called us all kiddies right here? That classless act got him a promotion from wagner.

• Like 1

Discussing any other video game on ED forums is against their forum rule No. 1.15, so whether it's Il-2, Minecraft, Strip Poker or whatever, doesn't matter, posts will be removed or threads will be closed. Simple as that and I can understand the good ole "my house my rules" principle on their part, even though I don't always agree with it (and have been sitting behind the bars, temporarily banned for some months because of it :D).

Being booted for actions outside their forum, however, is a hamfisted move to put it mildly.

Back to the planes - I consider DCS to be an excellent cheap alternative for P3D and XP11, for guys like me, who got bored with combat sims and prefer non-combat piloting of highly interactive and detailed warbirds and early jets in VFR conditions. Lack of period-correct "background" content is a pity, but not a dealbreaker then. I have to admit though, I bought all my modules during various promo sales, some of the with -70% discount, so in the end for me - they were worth it. I wouldn't recomend paying the full price, though, at least not with the current state of Normandy map and WWII assets pack. Normandy is a lost cause - Ugra Media, which apparently created some good content for BoX franchise, dropped the ball completely on their DCS addon and don't seem to be bothered with supporting and improving it further in any way. Peculiar situation. Well, In that case I'm glad to read next two WWII maps are going to be ED-built. Whenever they come, and when more WWII content is available, the platform might become fully relevant WWII option, to complete BoX franchise on my PC rather than compete with it.

5 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

That's why you shouldn't use the same username everywhere.

• Upvote 3

If you want to hear uncensored opinions you go to the r/floggit subreddit, not r/hoggit.

7 hours ago, Art-J said:

Being booted for actions outside their forum, however, is a hamfisted move to put it mildly.

It’s juvenile, insecure and impotent.

I only ever logged on to the ED forum once, maybe 10 years ago. I wouldn’t again but I’m guessing that I couldn’t if I tried.

SithSpawn’s behavior here was pathetic.

Posted (edited)

That is really a great news for the preorder, this is an aircraft that i can't wait to to fly. 

Another good news is that ED communicated today that they will allow people online to join a server with the new carrier even if they did not purchase it, which is a fair decision to be praised as i was concerned with a potential split of the community online.  For F/A 18 owners they will give a discount on the new carrier which is a nice touch as well.  

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3923145&postcount=155

Edited by Fennec

Has there been anymore news about the VR performance increase they are promising? 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Fennec said:

That is really a great news for the preorder, this is an aircraft that i can't wait to to fly. 

Another good news is that ED communicated today that they will allow people online to join a server with the new carrier even if they did not purchase it, which is a fair decision to be praised as i was concerned with a potential split of the community online.  For F/A 18 owners they will give a discount on the new carrier which is a nice touch as well.  

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3923145&postcount=155

That's interesting considering

Of course, on the technical side, there will be so many network inconsistencies between module owners and non-owners of the carrier that it would cause havoc and look terrible (particuarly deck crew and the new comms), as such making it available to non-owners in MP makes no sense.

I wonder how they're gonna resolve that. 

Sounds like they're gonna rush this one out full of bugs. Either that or it gonna add a couple of years to release.

Edited by Rolling_Thunder

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, MiloMorai said:

Really?

"ED sucks!"

Now I might have to join their forums just so they can ban me. :biggrin:

Actually, I like DCS, but that kind of behavior is pure snowflake.

Idk in the last few months I've bought the Huey, Gazelle, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, and F-14. In all those months I've probably spent more time downloading updates for DCS than actually playing it. 

• Upvote 2

ED forums have always been infamous. No news there. 

Yet haven’t been banned for what I wrote here   And if you believe otherwise. No my opinion expressed here is not all positive. 

The F16 has not been my high priority list. But it give me a excuse to delay planned training in F18 and retraining on the A10. And you can do a lot of hurting and be a good opponent for once

51 minutes ago, dburne said:

Excellent news!   Thanks for the link Don:salute:.  Sorry for having to ask,   I just find the ED forums.....confusing:)

24 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Excellent news!   Thanks for the link Don:salute:.  Sorry for having to ask,   I just find the ED forums.....confusing:)

:good:

Not a problem at all!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dburne said:

Coming in next update to Open Beta for Caucasus and Persian Gulf. Nevada to follow afterwards.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3918703&postcount=19

What about the WWII map? Ok. Got my answer reading between the lines, we most likely won't get it for Normandy. They leave it up to the third party to decide.....

Edited by TunaEatsLion

6 minutes ago, TunaEatsLion said:

What about the WWII map?

In the year 2040? As much as ED says it will be up grading WWII map I believe they have only 1 person working on WW11 and part time at that.

2 hours ago, Taxman said:

In the year 2040? As much as ED says it will be up grading WWII map I believe they have only 1 person working on WW11 and part time at that.

I posted here because their thread is now closed, it seems that someone posted a message off topic and the entire thread is shut down..  I hope its sooner I won't be around in 2040, or at least I sure as heck won't be able to use a keyboard, Ill be playing bingo and making annoying fart noises at the old peoples home.

Posted (edited)

Yes I relented and picked up the F-16

11 hours ago, dburne said:

Coming in next update to Open Beta for Caucasus and Persian Gulf. Nevada to follow afterwards.

Now all I need is the Reverb, whenever that lands. I picked up the F-16 last night after the I-16 last week at full price despite my usual rule of waiting for the 1/2 price sales for the WW2 stuff. I`ll give the A-8 a miss until well discounted as I have the Dora. With a Sim-lab pit in the works, this flight sim lark is snowballing, but I think gives a decent return on the investment, the VR experience being the jewel in the crown. The new dynamic campaign system is the next important milestone to get implemented in the very, very near future I hope.

IL2 is also well supported needless to say. 

Edited by Wulfen
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TunaEatsLion said:

What about the WWII map? Ok. Got my answer reading between the lines, we most likely won't get it for Normandy. They leave it up to the third party to decide.....

Yeah unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Wulfen said:

Yes I relented and picked up the F-16

Now all I need is the Reverb, whenever that lands. I picked up the F-16 last night after the I-16 last week at full price despite my usual rule of waiting for the 1/2 price sales for the WW2 stuff. I`ll give the A-8 a miss until well discounted as I have the Dora. With a Sim-lab pit in the works, this flight sim lark is snowballing, but I think gives a decent return on the investment, the VR experience being the jewel in the crown. The new dynamic campaign system is the next important milestone to get implemented in the very, very near future I hope.

IL2 is also well supported needless to say. 

I'm buying reverb on the first day it hits "in stock status".  If you feel like having a wingman trying the same equipment pm me then. Seriously considering the captogloves as well for $499.

Is VR actually safe for your brain and eyes guys? Not that i can afford it for the moment since i spent so much on the warthog/pedals and several DCS modules recently but I always wondered how dangerous it can be to have a screen within inches of your eyes and fooling your brains and spatial references for hours every day.

I would love to try it though, everyone says it is truly amazing. The closest thing i tried is a cinema 4D with special glasses in the futuroscope in France but I can only guess VR is even more impressive.

Another great news for DCS is that we will not only get the much anticipated F16 but we will also get Syria/Lebanon map which is really amazing! The devs also confirmed they are working on an Afghanistan map. That is really fantastic. I would have loved a Vietnam map but those 2 will be awesome to wait for it.

I've also read that Razbam is working on the F15E two seaters but pledged to finish their existing modules before releasing it so that is also nice to hear.

I remember when I was a youngster all those many years ago - they were claiming sitting too close to a television

would ruin your eyes.

Nope.

1 hour ago, Fennec said:

Is VR actually safe for your brain and eyes guys? Not that i can afford it for the moment since i spent so much on the warthog/pedals and several DCS modules recently but I always wondered how dangerous it can be to have a screen within inches of your eyes and fooling your brains and spatial references for hours every day.

I would love to try it though, everyone says it is truly amazing. The closest thing i tried is a cinema 4D with special glasses in the futuroscope in France but I can only guess VR is even more impressive.

Another great news for DCS is that we will not only get the much anticipated F16 but we will also get Syria/Lebanon map which is really amazing! The devs also confirmed they are working on an Afghanistan map. That is really fantastic. I would have loved a Vietnam map but those 2 will be awesome to wait for it.

I've also read that Razbam is working on the F15E two seaters but pledged to finish their existing modules before releasing it so that is also nice to hear.

it's a funny thing...but some of the map stuff you see in the f16 video that was released Friday was the syria/ Lebanon map..

I think no brain is safe here. 

Nor your eye if you spend too much time in front of any type of screen. 

VR optimization is however a good thing for eye and brain. 

My time in VR has grown considerable and with it less time flying. 

In DCS I find myself just in the middle of using it or not. I find it hard to leave VR and walk right into a family situation. 

Also immersion by switches and cockpit is equal of immersion of VR depending what I fly

These improvements might remove some discomphort using VR. And that is good

1 hour ago, Fennec said:

The feeling of being in the cockpit is worth it. Anything on a screen or tv is a fast switching picture essentially.  If you sit in front of a monitor it is 60hz or 144hz,  vr is same so same effect on brain, you are tricking it the same.  Radiation much smaller because much smaller screen so will it will boil your eyeballs over time...? Not sure, i would say you are getting less radiation from it then your cellphone.

5 hours ago, Fennec said:

I'm sure that in time studies will show that people with face huggers have fewer intimate relationships and higher rates of obesity.  Except for Hans, he has it under control, and gets his share.

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:13 PM, DD_Arthur said:

Has there been anymore news about the VR performance increase they are promising? 

I don't have the source at hand right now, but Wags stated, that the VR performance enhancement will arrive with the next open beta update. To my knowledge, this should be next week on Wednesday. 

I'm very curious how the effect is going to be. I'm in need for every fps they can squeeze out. 

2 hours ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

I don't have the source at hand right now, but Wags stated, that the VR performance enhancement will arrive with the next open beta update. To my knowledge, this should be next week on Wednesday. 

I'm very curious how the effect is going to be. I'm in need for every fps they can squeeze out. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 2:44 PM, Sokol1 said:

Teaser

That's a sexy looking model. The viper and the A8 are too sweet to pass. Just got them both.

I'm really thankful ED is releasing the Viper after the power play,  legal B.S, that happened few weeks ago. 

It should be a fun ride.

Ah Btw...

Anyone knows what's the deal with that pimp seat cover in that state of the art cockpit?

Now I do understand that some pilots pimped their rides, but shouldn't they stick to the factory sear texture for this model?

Edited by Jaws2002

I've not bought either. If the Viper was a heatblur module I'd probably have dropped my money already. Because both are ED, I'm keeping my money for 2 reasons. ED have too much on their plate to actively support regular updates and ED still owe me 3 modules that have been overlooked.

• Upvote 1

...overlooked or unpromised?

Base case scenario is they've been overlooked. Which is pretty sad really. I'm a glass half full kind of guy. Unfortunately, where ED are concerned,  its half full of piss.

• Haha 2

In another life/old days I'd be all over it.

The Viper is my all time favorite jet.

Even if I didn't have my current issues with ED however, life just doesn't afford me that kind of time anymore (learning jets)...and I'm not desperate enough to fly endless Vegas air shows

in the jets that I would in theory have time for and love to fly in DCS (MiG 15, Saber)

Down the road the F-14 is a long shot possibility for me (shorter learning curve) if enough content arrives for it...not holding my breath on that one.

So, does anyone know why they decided to give the Viper that"pimp my ride" seat cover?😂

My aunt from Romania would use something like that in her old Dacia.😂

• Haha 1