Photo

DCS news

• Please log in to reply
1261 replies to this topic

#1241 =LD=Solty

=LD=Solty

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:50

I just had to show it you guys. Check this thread. News about the "new" P-51 model.

https://forums.eagle...t=188604&page=2

:dash:

Edited by =LD=Solty, 20 July 2017 - 17:51.

#1242 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 12:55

-snip-

:dash:

That's how I feel about DisorganizedCS in general.

"Stop pulling so hard. You don't have to get someone under the gunsight right this second to win the fight." - Go_Pre

6700K @ 4.7GHz - GTX1080 @ 2.1GHz (11000MHz mem clock) - 16GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) - Dell S2716DG (1440p, G-Sync)

"You need to be a lucky genius to get the FM completely right. And even then Kornezov will always complain." - JG27_Kornezov

#1243 Gramps

Gramps
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 13:22

+1

i5 4690 @3.9, GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram, TM Warthog, VKBIII pedals, Win 10

#1244 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 13:50

Not sure what you mena, this topic looks like any other in here

#1245 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 14:05

I don't quite get it either. What am I looking for in that thread?

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#1246 I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

I./ZG1_Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 14:22

From what i understand is that the new P-51 will be an older model with an older gunsight.

Grtz M

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

#1247 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted Yesterday, 14:31

I think they want to downgrade the P51 to fit the Normandy map and people don't like it because of K4 and D9.
Signature.jpg

#1248 I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

I./ZG1_Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 14:41

I think they want to downgrade the P51 to fit the Normandy map and people don't like it because of K4 and D9.

And some people still claim that making random planes without a historical set doesn't cause problems...

Grt M

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

#1249 =LD=Solty

=LD=Solty

Posted Yesterday, 15:19

Exactly that. D9, K4 and Me262 never flew over Normandy, lets "fix" that by changing P-51D model to fit Normandy. Afterall they will add G6 and A8 as AI planes :pilot:

But no info on new ammo or higher power settings... :angry:

#1250 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

Posted Yesterday, 17:34

Was/is there a performance difference between the 2 models of the P-51?

100 octane fuel was in wide  spread use during the BoB by RAF FC.The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed. There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.   Amiable to the Amiable; Inflexible to the Arrogant We never refuse to correct something that was found outside ED if it is really proven...But we never will follow some "experts" who think that only they are the greatest aerodynamic guru with a secret knowledge. Yo-Yo knows what he is doing and is delivering great products. That is why I bought DCS.

#1251 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 17:40

Well I do understand that point, because of the K4 and Dora historical has nothing to do with Normandy and D day, you cannot use this map historical with the planes we got anyway. You have to use it as a general map in late 44 and 45 

#1252 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 19:14

It is really a difficult task to understand how they do it. It sounds almost on purpose. It explains why the WWII section of the forum and the servers are virtually empty.

I'm also curious to know the differences in between the latest model and the Normandy version of the P-51.

For the time being, this is irrelevant, since I can't fly over there with the current visibility issues -- a trend that is lingering since I bought my first module in 2014. But I sure would appreciate to have an unbiased setting if I ever get conditions to play it.

-- Win7 64, 2560X1080, i7-3770K, Assassin II, GA-Z77X-D3H, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, G-Skill 16GB 2400Mhz, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Corsair RM-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

#1253 I./ZG1_Wittman

I./ZG1_Wittman
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 19:59

DCS WW2 is a mess and will stay that way for a long time.

S9_WH.png

Check Six!

#1254 =LD=Hiromachi

=LD=Hiromachi
  • Tester

Posted Yesterday, 20:02

I dont understand what they are trying to achieve. They have created this situation themselves, then they've decided to ignore or at best negate community pleas to provide proper ammunition for M2s, higher boost ratings and stuff like that ... any hint regarding balance was rapidly negated by forum supporters as they claim true simulation cannot and should not be balanced. So here I am : https://forum.il2stu...-news/?p=490003 waiting for another Friday/Saturday to have at least 10 people online flying. 

On a sidenote I've recently purchased F-86 on a discount and after flying it for a couple of hours... wow, its so damn different from MiG-15. But those two seem to be the best and most balanced set of machines in DCS. Yet completely irrelevant due to absence of coherent environment...

PqJg4n.jpg My dream : Il-2 Battle for New Guinea  - Make it happen 1CGS ! si6AuQ.png

#1255 Therion

Therion

Posted Yesterday, 20:11

DCS WW2 is a mess and will stay that way for a long time.

I think it is the biggest mistake they've done - IMHO it is a bad idea to mix respectively mess around with to flying areas, meaning prop and jet area - as we say in Swiss German "S'het weder Häng no Füess!"

(It hasn't hands nor feet) and makes no sense for me.

They should keep it up with jets and copters.

Cheers

"Un pour tous et tous pour un"

#1256 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 20:17

I'll just never understand why Luthier's team originally settled on that particular combination of planes and map. You can forgive ED for not being able to fuse those leftover parts together in a coherent manner, but what were the original team members thinking? What was the reasoning behind this? How was it supposed to create a historically accurate environment?

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#1257 ZachariasX

ZachariasX
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 20:33

I'll just never understand why Luthier's team originally settled on that particular combination of planes and map. You can forgive ED for not being able to fuse those leftover parts together in a coherent manner, but what were the original team members thinking? What was the reasoning behind this? How was it supposed to create a historically accurate environment?

"D-Day Map", if you're a sales rep you like that one most. Plus, peeps in general prefer the most powerful plane types. Late war stuff in WWII sims as well as in RoF. They even like to be dragged into '46 crap, just to get planes with more power that never saw service.

I guess they just wanted to cater those kind of people, in effect serving none.

Downgrading the Mustang... what are they smoking? If you have a proper scenario, then you use the corresponding plane sets, no matter how lopsided they would be. But if you have no setting, the least you can do is provide a fair fight. I really like their Vegas map, as there *everything is appropriate*, should one care for such.

Felix qui potuit rerum cognocscere causas.

#1258 DD_Arthur

DD_Arthur
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 21:12

What was the reasoning behind this?

https://www.kickstar...wii-europe-1944

#1259 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted Today, 00:35

https://www.kickstar...wii-europe-1944

It's not like I never read the KS material back then. ;) I followed the project with some interest and really hoped that it would turn out well (didn't have much faith though and fortunately I didn't end up backing it - If I had, I would still be bashing that game to no end)

To me, what always rubbed me the wrong way was this sentence, which was repeated in some form over and over again in the early announcements:

"Built by industry veterans with the same approach that made the famous flight sims of the past great"

Picking a plane set and a map that didn't fit each other showed me, that the team had absolutely no idea what actually made the flight sims of the past (and IL-2 in particular) great: The possibility to recreate historical or historically plausible scenarios that emulate actual WW2 air battles. Literally every single successful WW2 CFS has had a set of planes and maps that fit together in a historic context. The fact that they overlooked this still boggles my mind.

Edited by Finkeren, Today, 00:36.

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#1260 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted Today, 18:44

It is mind-boggling.

I've even tried to talk myself/motivate myself into spending some time with it, trying to find some plausible path/plane so that I could glean some enjoyment from the product.

Oh look...a MiG 15...nice! Oops, no Korea. Oooh...a Huey! Cool...oops no Vietnam (should I fly it over WWII Normandy? Ummm...no)

Over and over.

Pretty much unless I want F15/Red Flag scenario over Nevada (which I'll admit does seem a bit enticing) I have no interest.

Even then...that's one campaign.

Now I look at the IL2 Kuban landscape, and it's so much nicer than DCS Normandy...I'm getting to the point where DCS is a lost cause for me personally.

Especially with PTO on the way for IL2.

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg       Coming soon...Warrant Officer 'Yamaha Kawasaki' on the loose again!       post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

#1261 Therion

Therion

Posted Today, 19:46

It is mind-boggling.

I've even tried to talk myself/motivate myself into spending some time with it, trying to find some plausible path/plane so that I could glean some enjoyment from the product.

Oh look...a MiG 15...nice! Oops, no Korea. Oooh...a Huey! Cool...oops no Vietnam (should I fly it over WWII Normandy? Ummm...no)

Over and over.

Pretty much unless I want F15/Red Flag scenario over Nevada (which I'll admit does seem a bit enticing) I have no interest.

Even then...that's one campaign.

Now I look at the IL2 Kuban landscape, and it's so much nicer than DCS Normandy...I'm getting to the point where DCS is a lost cause for me personally.

Especially with PTO on the way for IL2.

I totally agree - seems they never had a plan or concept combining their aeroplane modules with sensible maps (or combat scenarios).

At the beginning with Flanker 2.0 and Flaming Cliffs you could guess some "might be / might happen" scenarios, but beside of this? Not really much.

Cheers

"Un pour tous et tous pour un"

#1262 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted Today, 22:22

Can it be that the team wanted fighter pilots fond of fast planes and no historical preference to take the bait, I mean P 51 , K4 and Dora is on the wish list to quite a lot of people here. And Normandy got that ring to it, if your not into aviation history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users