Jump to content
LuseKofte

DCS news

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

I've already picked Mirage few weeks ago. I wasnt a big fan of modern jets (if Mirage can be considered modern since this is 2000C version, 1980s thingie) but after flying it online and offline. What a joy and fun. And its refreshing compared to ww2. This only boosted my desire for Tomcat.

Yes, don't have Mirage either, or Harrier...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants the F-15 or Su-27 I could probably gift them by contacting ED support.

Had the standalone modules of these 2 FC3 aircraft but purchased the package later - so if anyone is interested just drop a line.

Edited by 9./JG27golani79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never ever liked jets and mdern warfare, and flying the Harrier tells me I am not that big fan of a flying computer with bad user interface. I guess the Mirage is more in my alley than the Hornet. And Tomcat would be a nice addition despite I never really wished for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why, but despite the fact that I feel an insane admiration for the work Heatblur puts into recreating the digital image of its aircraft (including the MiG-21), and that I love the way the Tomcat looks, I find it somewhat wrong to be "not alone" in the cockpit.

For me, there's a component of solitude that is essential to the experience of combat flight (simulated, even). For this reason I'm struggling between the Hornet and the future Tomcat... does any of you have a similar impression? Any advice?

 

(This would in turn influence whether I decide to wait for VKB to release their Tomcat grip, or to leave it and buy the MCG, but that's another story)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Picchio said:

I don't know why, but despite the fact that I feel an insane admiration for the work Heatblur puts into recreating the digital image of its aircraft (including the MiG-21), and that I love the way the Tomcat looks, I find it somewhat wrong to be "not alone" in the cockpit.

For me, there's a component of solitude that is essential to the experience of combat flight (simulated, even). For this reason I'm struggling between the Hornet and the future Tomcat... does any of you have a similar impression? Any advice?

 

(This would in turn influence whether I decide to wait for VKB to release their Tomcat grip, or to leave it and buy the MCG, but that's another story)

 

 

I know what you mean. You do all the work as the pilot and fly the profile want to pickle and... nothing happens, because that douchebag SOB in the backseat forgot to flip a switch, which was literally the only job he had to do - besides reading a map duuhh. Or: you are dogfighting, protecting the carrier maneuvering on to a Lybians six and the smartass-backseater just doesn't want to shut the f up, "Kill him, f*in shoot him Fox 2!", "Yeah, like no shit what do you think I'm doing, wiseguy!". Jeeez...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DerNeueMensch said:

 

I know what you mean. You do all the work as the pilot and fly the profile want to pickle and... nothing happens, because that douchebag SOB in the backseat forgot to flip a switch, which was literally the only job he had to do - besides reading a map duuhh. Or: you are dogfighting, protecting the carrier maneuvering on to a Lybians six and the smartass-backseater just doesn't want to shut the f up, "Kill him, f*in shoot him Fox 2!", "Yeah, like no shit what do you think I'm doing, wiseguy!". Jeeez...

 

 

Similar accidents could spice up the flight :) and if Jester was actually this acute it would definitely make for some interesting in-cockpit Human & AI soap operas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 3:38 PM, Archie said:

Yes, don't have Mirage either, or Harrier...

I'd recommend Mirage, its a relative underdog online, but at this point its polished and complete module that is about to see some updates. On the other hand Harrier is still very much WiP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

I'd recommend Mirage, its a relative underdog online, but at this point its polished and complete module that is about to see some updates. On the other hand Harrier is still very much WiP.

Thanks, I actually picked up the Mirage yesterday! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 10:13 AM, Picchio said:

I don't know why, but despite the fact that I feel an insane admiration for the work Heatblur puts into recreating the digital image of its aircraft (including the MiG-21), and that I love the way the Tomcat looks, I find it somewhat wrong to be "not alone" in the cockpit.

For me, there's a component of solitude that is essential to the experience of combat flight (simulated, even). For this reason I'm struggling between the Hornet and the future Tomcat... does any of you have a similar impression? Any advice?

 

(This would in turn influence whether I decide to wait for VKB to release their Tomcat grip, or to leave it and buy the MCG, but that's another story)

 

 

Since the Tomcat will support multicrew, it's actually the biggest selling point for me. I can't think of much more immersive flight sim experiences than flying the Cat together with my buddy and having some kind of Top Gun chatter while doing the missions.

 

With AI however, it's quite understandable. Very good voice recognition is a must to get this to an acceptable experience

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S!

 

Just installed DCS back. Have quite a bit of modules including the WW2. Was fun to fly around and game runs very well on High settings. Tomcat interests me a lot and the Viggen..

Kurfuerst.jpg

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No-one checked out the A-4E yet? Flown it for the first time yesterday, possibly the most fun DCS module so far and the fact that it cost nothing is the icing on the cake. 

 

Anyone who who hasn’t tried it yet, I’d strongly advise giving it a go. It’s every bit as well-built as most commercial modules (and arguably better than some), capable of a wide range of missions and most importantly - it’s great fun to fly. The perfect mix of fast, light agility, and heavily-laden bomb truck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 5:03 PM, 9./JG27golani79 said:

If anyone wants the F-15 or Su-27 I could probably gift them by contacting ED support.

Had the standalone modules of these 2 FC3 aircraft but purchased the package later - so if anyone is interested just drop a line.

 

F-15 and Su-27 found a new owner - so no longer available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had gotten serious about some of these modules a lot sooner.   The Mi-8 is one of the best single flight sim aircraft I've ever seen.  Hopefully with the arrival of the F-14, they'll really get their act together on Multi-crew stuff, and retrofit some of the older modules with some capability in that department.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

No-one checked out the A-4E yet? Flown it for the first time yesterday, possibly the most fun DCS module so far and the fact that it cost nothing is the icing on the cake. 

 

Anyone who who hasn’t tried it yet, I’d strongly advise giving it a go. It’s every bit as well-built as most commercial modules (and arguably better than some), capable of a wide range of missions and most importantly - it’s great fun to fly. The perfect mix of fast, light agility, and heavily-laden bomb truck. 

 

Simple flight model, not worth bothering to download due to that for me. That doesn't mean they didn't do good work on it, but to me flight dynamics are the single most important part. Without that, it's just a battery and starter motor sim, and that doesn't interest me even the slightest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmmm... the FW-190 D-9 is on sale. That's about the only one really tempting me for now. Bought the F-86 and the P-51 last time. Good fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Mmmmm... the FW-190 D-9 is on sale. That's about the only one really tempting me for now. Bought the F-86 and the P-51 last time. Good fun.

 

I shot me one. Couldn´t hestitate with the reduced price. Naughty me 😉

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sevenless said:

 

I shot me one. Couldn´t hestitate with the reduced price. Naughty me 😉

 

$33Cdn. Not free, but it looks like a fun plane to fly.  And there's no way I'm paying the regular $66Cdn. Never!

 

I like just tooling around in DCS and seeing the sights and doing lots of takeoffs and landing on those...  is Gambit listening?

 

...Big Ass Concrete Airfields!!! :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought my first DCS career, M2000 Red Flag. Should keep me interested for quite a while. $5 in the sale!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the F-86F to go along with my MiG-15bis :rolleyes:

 

Was also looking for the Harrier but I will hopefully wait that one day Razbam will come out with the BAE version...

In the meantime I am waiting for their MiG-19 😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F-86 and MiG-15 are great.

 

I really love they added them to the Cold War server lineup - outclassed but still an absolute blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stream is up & running

Edited by Semor76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Christ! 

I`ve gone from having just picked up the Viggen (66% off) a few months back, followed by the F18 and PG map a month later. Then followed by the heli bundle in the sale more recently, to over the last few days arguing with myself continuously while making multiple trips to the checkout, picking up the Nevada map, M2000C, AV8B, MiG-21, MiG-15, F-86, A-10C & F-5E. I have also totally lost the plot and bought all the campaigns for all my related modules.  

I`ve definitely disappeared down the rabbit hole :)

 

The only sane decision I`ve made is to stay clear of the WW2 stuff as IL2 is peerless in that respect. Flying the Sabre and the MiG-15 is a pleasure and I really want IL2 to do a Korea map.

Edited by Wulfen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is definitely insanity.  Reading through other people's experiences and knowing my own, it's pretty common.  Not that you asked for advice, but here it is anyway: 😀Don't make the mistake I did, and have so many planes to dabble with, that you end up doing nothing but dabbling for years, and never end up really getting a grasp of any of them.  Pick one, and dive into it until you know it thoroughly.  Don't even look at the others until you consider yourself competent on one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

Yes, that is definitely insanity.  Reading through other people's experiences and knowing my own, it's pretty common.  Not that you asked for advice, but here it is anyway: 😀Don't make the mistake I did, and have so many planes to dabble with, that you end up doing nothing but dabbling for years, and never end up really getting a grasp of any of them.  Pick one, and dive into it until you know it thoroughly.  Don't even look at the others until you consider yourself competent on one.

 

Yep that is how it has been for me, have so many I will never be able to truly learn them all.

All I have gotten done so far after all these years is the KA-50 and the Spitfire. I started learning the F/A 18-C but have taken a break for a while.

I did the same with the A-10C a few years ago... never made it back to it yet.

 

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

Yes, that is definitely insanity.  Reading through other people's experiences and knowing my own, it's pretty common.  Not that you asked for advice, but here it is anyway: 😀Don't make the mistake I did, and have so many planes to dabble with, that you end up doing nothing but dabbling for years, and never end up really getting a grasp of any of them.  Pick one, and dive into it until you know it thoroughly.  Don't even look at the others until you consider yourself competent on one.

True, that is a foregone conclusion I`d say, but I`ll have an interesting time in the process. The kneeboard is your friend when the memory lapses. 

 

The usual "Jack of all trades and master of none" :).

Edited by Wulfen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VEAO is kaput. So if you pre-ordered the P-40 you are out of luck. The Hawk is gone as well.

 

Dear VEAO Customers,
We regret to inform you that we are ceasing development of all DCS modules effective immediately. This was a very difficult decision to make - our aim was always to provide high quality content and support for the DCS platform, however due to reasons beyond our control, continuing to partner with Eagle Dynamics is no longer a viable option for us.
We want to thank all of you who supported us and our products and we apologise for any disappointment this announcement may have caused. We are so lucky to have been a part of this amazing community for the past thirteen plus years, and are very sorry that our time as a business has come to an end.
Thank you once again,
Chris, Pete + VEAO team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wulfen said:

Oh Christ! 

I`ve gone from having just picked up the Viggen (66% off) a few months back, followed by the F18 and PG map a month later. Then followed by the heli bundle in the sale more recently, to over the last few days arguing with myself continuously while making multiple trips to the checkout, picking up the Nevada map, M2000C, AV8B, MiG-21, MiG-15, F-86, A-10C & F-5E. I have also totally lost the plot and bought all the campaigns for all my related modules.  

I`ve definitely disappeared down the rabbit hole :)

 

The only sane decision I`ve made is to stay clear of the WW2 stuff as IL2 is peerless in that respect. Flying the Sabre and the MiG-15 is a pleasure and I really want IL2 to do a Korea map.

 

Happened to me as well though in my own defense I did get very sidetracked and hooked on WW2 modules such as the spitfire. Need to just pick one of the jets or the MI8, and go throuh the tutorial.

Trouble is for me it’s not just a DCS thing. I have so many great games in general that I am constantly distracted, and diverted away from spending any significant amount of time upon anyone of them.

Flight sims, driving sims, Hitman 2, Rocket league, men of war assault squad 2, the list is endless.

Should just take your advice, pick one and stay with it to completion. I’m really hooked on FTL though at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

 

Happened to me as well though in my own defense I did get very sidetracked and hooked on WW2 modules such as the spitfire. Need to just pick one of the jets or the MI8, and go throuh the tutorial.

Trouble is for me it’s not just a DCS thing. I have so many great games in general that I am constantly distracted, and diverted away from spending any significant amount of time upon anyone of them.

Flight sims, driving sims, Hitman 2, Rocket league, men of war assault squad 2, the list is endless.

Should just take your advice, pick one and stay with it to completion. I’m really hooked on FTL though at the moment.

The Mi8 is a monster of a machine and it`s fun learning the starting sequence till you have it off. Then you don`t fly it for a month and you`ve forgotten it again. The Huey is the real daisy cutter and I enjoy mowing the lawn with it. All we need is a loud speaker mod for it and the smell of napalm in the morning :) 

 

This lad has some good DCS stuff on his site, https://sites.google.com/view/virtual-pilot/home, a good share of pre-done kneeboards with pics (startup sequence) for multiple heli/aircraft modules, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GpjGrFTJa84Xr6gJ7ZXT1FmAx5MmtafM. I use them and only ever fly in VR, 2D gaming is near finished for me at this stage.

Edited by Wulfen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the WW2 map and assets? 

Is there a populated WW2 server?

Are the single player campaign missions built around big 4-engine bomber streams?

Just asking, because my hopes were on IL2, but I lost hope that we see that kind of gameplay in IL2 Great battles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wulfen said:

The Mi8 is a monster of a machine and it`s fun learning the starting sequence till you have it off. Then you don`t fly it for a month and you`ve forgotten it again. The Huey is the real daisy cutter and I enjoy mowing the lawn with it. All we need is a loud speaker mod for it and the smell of napalm in the morning :) 

 

This lad has some good DCS stuff on his site, https://sites.google.com/view/virtual-pilot/home, a good share of pre-done kneeboards with pics (startup sequence) for multiple heli/aircraft modules, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GpjGrFTJa84Xr6gJ7ZXT1FmAx5MmtafM. I use them and only ever fly in VR, 2D gaming is near finished for me at this stage.

 

Personally the Gazelle is the one I love more than any other helicopter. It's agility combined with VR and skyscrapers is insane!

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Does anyone have the WW2 map and assets? 

Is there a populated WW2 server?

Are the single player campaign missions built around big 4-engine bomber streams?

Just asking, because my hopes were on IL2, but I lost hope that we see that kind of gameplay in IL2 Great battles

I have DCS WW2 map and assets.

Yes there are several WW2 servers for multiplayer.

Many single missions available free in the "User Files" section mostly for  Spitfire, P-51, and some BF 109, FW 190

The best source of missions is with the WW2 Campaigns for sale (Spitfire and P-51) and on sale next couple of days for $5.00 each, regularly $9.99.

I just added "The Big Show Campaign" and it has big bomber streams with contrails for both the bombers and fighters as do most of the other campaigns.

Yesterday, I was ascending to 25K feet to join in the protection of a very large B-17 stream returning from a bombing raid in France, when a dastardly 109 caught me unawares and shot me all to hell. 

Edited by fiddlinjim
left out info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fiddlinjim said:

I have DCS WW2 map and assets.

Yes there are several WW2 servers for multiplayer.

Many single missions available free in the "User Files" section mostly for  Spitfire, P-51, and some BF 109, FW 190

The best source of missions is with the WW2 Campaigns for sale (Spitfire and P-51) and on sale next couple of days for $5.00 each, regularly $9.99.

I just added "The Big Show Campaign" and it has big bomber streams with contrails for both the bombers and fighters as do most of the other campaigns.

Yesterday, I was ascending to 25K feet to join in the protection of a very large B-17 stream returning from a bombing raid in France, when a dastardly 109 caught me unawares and shot me all to hell. 

 

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. If you don't mind, I have a few more questions.

How big are the bomber streams? Is it just a couple, a swarm of around 10, or closer to 100 bombers in total?

How is the performance? Do the bomber streams cause any problem?

 

Just asking because I use VR and I am CPU capped in any sim (even though running a 8770k at 4,9ghz).

Thanks 🙂

Apart from that, it sounds quite nice tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Does anyone have the WW2 map and assets? 

Is there a populated WW2 server?

Are the single player campaign missions built around big 4-engine bomber streams?

Just asking, because my hopes were on IL2, but I lost hope that we see that kind of gameplay in IL2 Great battles

A dynamic campaign & career is what is sorely missing from DCS. IL2 has it beaten hands down in such regards, and for WW2 is top dog. In IL2 you feel you are flying over and part of an ongoing battle, DCS never gets off the ground in such aspects with gameplay feeling disjointed. If IL2 goes down the jet path with a Korea/Vietnam campaign, then the sky`s the limit, literally. I hope DCS follow IL2`s example as I like the clickly pits and the modules are very good, I quiet like the Harrier with it`s vertical take off.

Edited by Wulfen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Does anyone have the WW2 map and assets? 

Is there a populated WW2 server?

Are the single player campaign missions built around big 4-engine bomber streams?

Just asking, because my hopes were on IL2, but I lost hope that we see that kind of gameplay in IL2 Great battles

 

Check this out. Havent tried it myself but looks interesting. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221653

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

VEAO is kaput. So if you pre-ordered the P-40 you are out of luck. The Hawk is gone as well.

 

Dear VEAO Customers,
We regret to inform you that we are ceasing development of all DCS modules effective immediately. This was a very difficult decision to make - our aim was always to provide high quality content and support for the DCS platform, however due to reasons beyond our control, continuing to partner with Eagle Dynamics is no longer a viable option for us.
We want to thank all of you who supported us and our products and we apologise for any disappointment this announcement may have caused. We are so lucky to have been a part of this amazing community for the past thirteen plus years, and are very sorry that our time as a business has come to an end.
Thank you once again,
Chris, Pete + VEAO team

Can't say I am surprised. I'm wondering when miltech and polychop are going to give notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wulfen said:

A dynamic campaign & career is what is sorely missing from DCS. IL2 has it beaten hands down in such regards, and for WW2 is top dog. In IL2 you feel you are flying over and part of an ongoing battle, DCS never gets off the ground...

 

ANY semblance of single player content would be an improvement. Including for the jets. BoX’s career is not dynamic, but it doesn’t need to be, and it’s pretty damn good.

 

DCS should have pages and pages if single player campaigns by now. There’s a whopping 3 (short mind you) pages.

This is why I know better than to get sucked in by beautiful trailers - there’s just no (or not enough) actual content to back them up.  

 

If they were smart they’d have a new F15 Red Flag campaign every other year at least. I love the idea of flying the F15 in Red Flag, but I’m not going to hassle with DCS for one damn campaign.

 

If this were different I’d be all over DCS.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×