Jump to content
LuseKofte

DCS news

Recommended Posts

You got burned on a bad investment and take it out by mentioning it with every reply you make in this thread.

 

It isn't above our heads, some of us didn't just make the same mistake as you and so aren't as upset about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I will continue to mention it until I get what I'm owed. I will continue to point out ED complete disregard for their customers until their business practices improve.

I see you have pre ordered BoBP , Imagine if you can 1C deciding to announce "Battle of Midway" next week, then deciding to shelve the remaining BoBP aircraft and map until Battle of Midway is Finished. Then deciding to announce Iwo Jima shelving BoBP for a further 2 years. Offering no refund for BoBP. That is in essence what ED have done to myself and others. If you don't want to hear it, put me on your ignore list.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Archie said:

Tomcat is on pre order, looks awesome!

 

Oh man, available to pre-order now?

Guess I will have to grab this one soon as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dburne said:

That Jester AI Rio for the F-14 looks ( sounds)  pretty cool.

Agreed. Very interested to see how it actually works in-game, hope it's pretty intuitive and easy to use in flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Definitely gonna get this once I have the money.

 

 

 TOP GUN incoming...this is a hell of a trailer! Like the Viggen, 100% pre-purchase! Those Dev. deserves it.

Edited by Semor76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Yeah DCS is good at trailers.

 

Jason and the guys don't really do trailers do they? I haven't seen an actual trailer since Stalingrad I think. Usually videos they post are something useful like demonstrations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Jason and the guys don't really do trailers do they?

Jason delivers.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

Jason delivers.

Yeah that's what I was implying. Jason doesn't try to hype up things that are 10% complete. They show progress and let the work speak for itself. It's a real breath of fresh air in a time when everything is super mega epic omfg hyped up years before completion.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say that I would not buy it, but looking at the video I am sold. Viggen is a real treat , I bet this will be too

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danziger said:

Yeah that's what I was implying. Jason doesn't try to hype up things that are 10% complete. They show progress and let the work speak for itself. It's a real breath of fresh air in a time when everything is super mega epic omfg hyped up years before completion.

You have to sell the product and expand the player base too, BOX isn`t hyped enough in my opinion. It`s a great sim/game and deserves more exposure. The dev`s can backup the hype so hype away and increase potential.

 

.. and as a Viggen fan I will be pre-ordering the F-14.

Edited by Wulfen
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I have to relearn the Viggen, I forgot almost everything. And I got a serious urge to fly it after this video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Damn I have to relearn the...

 

Six words that encapsulate why I don't bother with modern jet's anymore.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the idea of taking the back seat and giving that a try.  

 

But like Gambit says, unless you put some serious time into learning the systems, and then spending the time to keep current it's going to be hard to motivate yourself to just log back in unless you know you have a few hours to spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

 

Six words that encapsulate why I don't bother with modern jet's anymore.

Amen:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, =FEW=Herne said:

I really like the idea of taking the back seat and giving that a try.  

 

But like Gambit says, unless you put some serious time into learning the systems, and then spending the time to keep current it's going to be hard to motivate yourself to just log back in unless you know you have a few hours to spare.

Imo learning the aircraft if the best thing about DCS and that's what I enjoy the most. I wish Il2 was more complex in this way and had more advanced systems modeling.

 

Can't wait for the Tomcat, probably going to be the best module in DCS once it releases (besides the Mig-21 and A-10 of course)

14 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Yeah DCS is good at trailers.

 

They're good at alot of things, jet combat and advanced systems modeling are two of them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

Imo learning the aircraft if the best thing about DCS and that's what I enjoy the most. I wish Il2 was more complex in this way and had more advanced systems modeling.

 

Can't wait for the Tomcat, probably going to be the best module in DCS once it releases (besides the Mig-21 and A-10 of course)

They're good at alot of things, jet combat and advanced systems modeling are two of them.

 

That's usually about as far as I get though, I agree that it is fun learning a new plane and it's systems, but the training is usually about as far as I get in DCS.

 

One thing that really took me by surprise recently was Xplane. Bought it recently inspired by some screen shots posted on this forum, and having heard and subsequently read about the FSEconomy plug in. Traditionally Civvie sims have never held my interest for long, but there is something strangely addictive about getting my passengers from my FBO's Passenger Terminals in a suitably sized aircraft in real time with real time weather conditions. I'm still in shock that I'm having fun without blowing shit up lol.

 

I digress, for me, whilst the F14 looks absolutely stunning. Clearly a labour of love, I just can't see it getting much stick time from me beyond training. Mainly due to not enough free time in a day, and hard to break the habit of other Flight Sims I enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

 

Six words that encapsulate why I don't bother with modern jet's anymore.

 

"Pucker time" did it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Mainly due to not enough free time in a day, and hard to break the habit of other Flight Sims I enjoy.

 

That's certainly the issue.

Also, you don't want to spend all your free time playing flightsims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Six words that encapsulate why I don't bother with modern jet's anymore.

 

It is a continuous problem. I flown all Helicopters for a long time, Now I think most of it stick. But Viggen and A 10 C is a goner while my effort in Choppers was ongoing. I neglect the Hornet , I simply do not have the time to learn them all. There is no chance in hell being good in many modules . But a couple or maybe 3 can be done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see learning the MiG 15 - only I have no interest in flying unattended air shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

I could see learning the MiG 15 - only I have no interest in flying unattended air shows.

They have crowds you can place on the airport so you can have an attended air show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

 

It is a continuous problem. I flown all Helicopters for a long time, Now I think most of it stick. But Viggen and A 10 C is a goner while my effort in Choppers was ongoing. I neglect the Hornet , I simply do not have the time to learn them all. There is no chance in hell being good in many modules . But a couple or maybe 3 can be done

 

Yeah I have the same problem at times, keep jumping around. I am pretty good with the KA-50 and Spitfire, started with the F/A 18-C and got as far as some Carrier traps, then back to the Spit. Reckon I need to  just devote some serious time to one and one only to truly learn the thing. And now I just have to get that Tomcat LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I think The F 18 and F 14 is a good combo. If you fly them separately. Stay in one tap for a long time before you start with the other, then go back to the first one. My experience is , if you learn the module second time it is easier and it stick better. But If anyone start with DCS, I recommend them to think long and hard about what they want to fly, then buy just 2 or 3 . Having more is a waste of time if you want to be good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danziger said:

They have crowds you can place on the airport so you can have an attended air show.

 

Hey that's kinda cool.

Add static display aircraft etc and they'd have a worthwhile little add-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Well I think The F 18 and F 14 is a good combo. If you fly them separately. Stay in one tap for a long time before you start with the other, then go back to the first one. My experience is , if you learn the module second time it is easier and it stick better. But If anyone start with DCS, I recommend them to think long and hard about what they want to fly, then buy just 2 or 3 . Having more is a waste of time if you want to be good 

I'm seriously tempted by the F14 due to the scale of the module, carrier, campaigns, possible map and the state of near completion at release. A refreshing change and hopefully a bar that other 3rd parties and ED will aim for. Hopefully heatblur can achieve their goals for release

Edited by Rolling_Thunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I really didn't want to buy the F14 as I know I will never have time to learn the thing and probably only do a quick mission once every few months just to look at the pretty model. I bought it anyway though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

I'm seriously tempted by the F14 due to the scale of the module, carrier, campaigns, possible map and the state of near completion at release. A refreshing change and hopefully a bar that other 3rd parties and ED will aim for. Hopefully heatblur can achieve their goals for release

 

You might wanna hold back till full release because I´m not sure if it is for you (it will be Early Access when it is "released").

Edited by 9./JG27golani79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

 

You might wanna hold till full release back because I´m not sure if it is for you (it will be Early Access when it is "released").

I believe Heatblur have said that the F14 will be mostly full complete on release including a new carrier and the A-6 too, along with a campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 19RAF_scram77 said:

I believe Heatblur have said that the F14 will be mostly full complete on release including a new carrier and the A-6 too, along with a campaign.

Oh so they are just taking the money right now and releasing it whenever? I thought I was buying into some kind of early access?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Danziger said:

Oh so they are just taking the money right now and releasing it whenever? I thought I was buying into some kind of early access?

Well it happens with every DCS module. The release will be this year unless something really [Edited] happens. They release it in to early in so many weeks from now usually giving it to some YT people in the mean time to give intro vids 

Edited by Bearcat
Language

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 5:31 AM, Guccigang_Zesphr said:

Well it happens with every DCS module. The release will be this year unless something really shit happens. They release it in to early in so many weeks from now usually giving it to some YT people in the mean time to give intro vids 

What? I saw people posting their screenies in the screenshot section. I thought preorders already had access. So they take money from chumps that have to wait another few months while they hand it over to youtubers for free to spam it all over the web? Oh well, never again.

 

This goes back to what I was saying about Jason. I am really happy that he doesn't believe an all of this super hyping [Edited] up years before it's ready kind of thing.

Edited by Bearcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

I'm seriously tempted by the F14 due to the scale of the module, carrier, campaigns, possible map and the state of near completion at release. A refreshing change and hopefully a bar that other 3rd parties and ED will aim for. Hopefully heatblur can achieve their goals for release

 

And it will come with four different Forrestal-class carriers and an AI A-6E TRAM.

And then there's the possibility of making the A-6 flyable in the future. The All Grumman Airwing might, after all, become a thing.

 

I'd love Razbam to come out with the A-7, though. Unfortunately, they lately seem to jump into a clusterduck of semi-finished modules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×