Sign in to follow this  
KpaxBos

VKB Gladiator Pro..blems

Hello,

I just installed the device and it is recognized by Windows (diview,joy and button tester OK).
I used wizzo to calibrate the joystick -> OK I could apply without problems.

Problems :
1. wizzo ; using bootloader, it tells me that the joystick is not connected,wizzo closes and the joystick is virtullay unplugged (no more signal in diview ). I have to physically unplug and plug again the usb connector to get back the device !
2. when I run VKBDevCfg : nothing happens. I only get a zconfig.ini file.

What can I do to be able to use those software. For the moment I have a Joystick that I cannot configure.

I work with  windows 10.

Best regards.

Hi,

I hope i can help you next week when my Glad pro will arrive. Placed my order Monday. There are some users around here that already have the stick. Maybe they can help, 

Grt M

I hope i can help you next week when my Glad pro will arrive. Placed my order Monday. There are some users around here that already have the stick. Maybe they can help,

Thanks. I hope that I will have some solution before :)

I just tried it in BOS. Feeling is very different. Waiting for you impressions.

Have a nice evening.

I have a problem too, just got it and the buttons A1 and A3 are pressed in and not moving at all, in wizzzo they not register signal when i try to press them harder. Is there a easy way to fix this? The piece of metal witch is covering the base buttons is moving abit as well.

Chinese assembly quality...not a happy 1st night with Gladiator

http://imgur.com/a/Q44ez

Edited by duko

This unit is defective, the switch on right side are soldered only in one side. You should ask for a new unit from seller.

KapxBOs

Post on VKB forum, VKB software guru can help you, point latest versions of programs/firmware. Or maybe you find the solution already posted there.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

Edited by Sokol1

I got this from Amazon US , to send this unit back it means i almost pay twice for it just from shipping and taxes, it' s not really worth it. I will ask a friend to help me out with soldering, hopefully there are only those switch broken.

Post on VKB forum, VKB software guru can help you, point latest versions of programs/firmware. Or maybe you find the solution already posted there.

Thanks for helping.I posted since yesterday,still no reaction.

I am doing some search on my side (I tested on 3 different computers with the same negative results :( )

VKB_Btntester abd VKB_JoyTester correctly see the joystick buttons and axes.

Could it be possible that the joystick is recognized as a Gladiator and not a Gladiator Pro ?

If you look at the name in VKB_BtnTester for instance, what do you see as name (Gladiator or Gladiator Pro) ?

post-10230-0-98513900-1475237744_thumb.jpg

post-10230-0-97588500-1475237908_thumb.jpg

Thanks for helping.

Have Fun.

Looks that only difference on PRO is the all metal "Next Gen" gimbal  and absence of Twist Rudder, on controller/firmware side is common to both.

On VKB FTP are only one firmware: Gl_v1_80_8.zip  without specific "vanilla" or PRO.

Look at this topic, is specific about change buttons configuration - need for use in old game - specially on Ron61 tips on page 2 and the detail of increase buttons for 128 first, case want change A (pinky) button from "shift" to button only, or set both functions in A button.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2342&sid=9d10ded65ddd6db84e97498d3a0008b6

Edited by Sokol1

My problem is that VKBDevConf does not display a single thing. When I double click on it, it runs some second and just create de zconfig.ini file . No interface, nada, nothing ,rien.

So I cannot configure my Gladiator Pro :angry:

Be Happy

Hello,

By I do not kow which miracle,I succeed to start VKBDevCfg. See post in http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2375

for details.

And before open, download and unpack this Zconfig.ini in same folder you place DevCfg.

I do not see a Zconfig.ini file.

Now I have a problem with "button wizzard". each activation of this button gives me an address violation error. See images.

What can I do now ?

Access violation due to incorrect display of the interface (only first third of the interface was displayed). As suggested by Sokol1, I replaced my zconfig by the zconfig.ini file given by Bourrinopathe and now everything displays correctly. Hope those problems are solved (cross fingers).

I am searching explanations on the usage of this VKBDevConf.

I am also looking for a template with a drawing of Gladiator on which I could write configuration of the joystick.

Thanks for helping.

Edited by KpaxBos

Gladiator, Gladiator PRO and OEM versions come with this buttons configuration.

GLADIATOR_BUTTONS.jpgfree image host

EDIT - The command names, e.g. Rockets, Brakes... is suggestion, don't mean that in game press this buttons will make this actions, is need assign this buttons for this functions in game controls if want use in this way.

Notice:

- "Pinky" button is not a button but a modifier (Shift) for top buttons and POV HAT (1).

- VKB don't use the concept used by other brands "press joystick buttons to press keyboards keys for make commands in games", nor use software running in games background to do this.

What their profiles do is change the hardware button pressed, e.g in Mode 1 trigger button is hardware button # 14, in mode 2 is # 15.

Their profiles don't send key press - although a button can be programmed to press certain keys, e.g. you can change through VKB Config the "pinky" button to press LCtrl.

Based on above template create what you need and ask in VKB forum, VictorUS is the guy that can help with this. ;)

And all this is a "new territory to explore":lol:

(1) Changing the profile you can add "pinky" modifier to base buttons in Mode 1 or 2 or both, what increase (hardware) buttons available for around 50.

Or make this button press a button like others, or continues be "Shift" and pressing a button together, or press "LShift" key for example.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Gladiator, Gladiator PRO and OEM versions come with this buttons configuration

Hello,

Thanks a lot for these highlights.

Where can I dowload a blank template like the image you show ( same image but unfilled boxes ) ?

Have Fun

I don't see available for download. But ask for UIV in VKB forum, he is the guy who can provide this template.

I don't see available for download. But ask for UIV in VKB forum, he is the guy who can provide this template.

Again thanks for helping. I asl in the VKB forum.

Have a nice day.

I have a problem too, just got it and the buttons A1 and A3 are pressed in and not moving at all, in wizzzo they not register signal when i try to press them harder. Is there a easy way to fix this? The piece of metal witch is covering the base buttons is moving abit as well.

Chinese assembly quality...not a happy 1st night with Gladiator

http://imgur.com/a/Q44ez

my A1 died after 2 days. the A1 on my replacement rests slight lower than the rest, so we'll see how long it lasts.

is it just me or does this stick have a huge center deadzone. i feel like i can fly better acrobatics with this stick, but my aim is just awful 

my A1 died after 2 days. the A1 on my replacement rests slight lower than the rest, so we'll see how long it lasts.

is it just me or does this stick have a huge center deadzone. i feel like i can fly better acrobatics with this stick, but my aim is just awful 

Soldering is very bad on that board, i fixed with a help from a friend, is not complicated , just need proper soldering. Now all buttons are working fine.

Spring deadzone or actual game input deadzone? Is it due to your game settings?

I don't have this stick (yet?) but would like to know your feedback.

He most likely means spring deadzone, otherwise his stick must be broken.

The spring is pretty lose around the center, but you can change that by using the other set of cams, stronger springs or both. I now switch to the next stronger springs and prefer it that way.

One thing I noticed is that the stick always auto calibrates itself each time you plug it in. Not really a problem for me, but it's a bit surprising. And I definitely have to remember giving full inputs in all directions before starting the take off run.

He most likely means spring deadzone, otherwise his stick must be broken.

The spring is pretty lose around the center, but you can change that by using the other set of cams, stronger springs or both. I now switch to the next stronger springs and prefer it that way.

One thing I noticed is that the stick always auto calibrates itself each time you plug it in. Not really a problem for me, but it's a bit surprising. And I definitely have to remember giving full inputs in all directions before starting the take off run.

Hi Matt,

I changed the springs and cams as well. I took the cams with the 30 number on it and the blue springs. The combo feels weird and make a metal noise when moving to the left or right. Should i use cam 10 and the blue springs?

Grt M

Hi Martin, I only replaced the springs on mine. The color stickers fell of the bags, so no idea which, but they are stronger than the default springs, but not the strongest springs. It now has a very slight center detent and progressively stronger spring force. I like it a lot. I actually use the same setup on my pedals, where I switched the cam and use the hard spring setting.

Hi Martin, I only replaced the springs on mine. The color stickers fell of the bags, so no idea which, but they are stronger than the default springs, but not the strongest springs. It now has a very slight center detent and progressively stronger spring force. I like it a lot. I actually use the same setup on my pedals, where I switched the cam and use the hard spring setting.

Hi Matt,

Thnx. I think i will go back to the softer cams. The stiffer centering cam is weird. As for the springs. I found some info on the VKB forum.

From weak to strong:

White - 3 pcs in bag

Yellow - 1 pc (2pcs already installed in gimbal)

Green - 3 pcs

Blue - 3 pcs

Black - 3 pcs (only for extension or Warthog Adaptor)

I went for the blue ones, and they are quiet strong. Will try the green ones with the softer cams.

Thnx again!

Grt M

Sokol1 can you help me delete the reg key from the Gladiator out of windows so I can get it back to the number device it was before I accidentally saved the regedit configuration tool in this configurator?

I want it back to number 1 and not number 3.  Never mind on this I just took the trouble and rebinded everything.

Plus I had to replace the Center A1 button console PCB,  I can not use the Mode switch button, there is no green or red lights, for mode switching, I'm up to date on the firmware and the wizzo program.

MKI VKB Gladiator Pro v1.81.7

Wizzo v0.88

stick is working all buttons working but no mode switch lights. Shift state working also.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

Gladiator, Gladiator PRO and OEM versions come with this buttons configuration.

GLADIATOR_BUTTONS.jpgfree image host

EDIT - The command names, e.g. Rockets, Brakes... is suggestion, don't mean that in game press this buttons will make this actions, is need assign this buttons for this functions in game controls if want use in this way.

Notice:

- "Pinky" button is not a button but a modifier (Shift) for top buttons and POV HAT (1).

- VKB don't use the concept used by other brands "press joystick buttons to press keyboards keys for make commands in games", nor use software running in games background to do this.

What their profiles do is change the hardware button pressed, e.g in Mode 1 trigger button is hardware button # 14, in mode 2 is # 15.

Their profiles don't send key press - although a button can be programmed to press certain keys, e.g. you can change through VKB Config the "pinky" button to press LCtrl.

Based on above template create what you need and ask in VKB forum, VictorUS is the guy that can help with this. ;)

And all this is a "new territory to explore":lol:

(1) Changing the profile you can add "pinky" modifier to base buttons in Mode 1 or 2 or both, what increase (hardware) buttons available for around 50.

Or make this button press a button like others, or continues be "Shift" and pressing a button together, or press "LShift" key for example.

How do I get a direct link to print this image out from the source would like to print copies out to write on for mapping my buttons.  So far all the lettering comes out a bit blurred in the images I have tried to print.

Thanks

Right click on the image above and click "open image in new tab" (or just left click on the image itself).  On the new tab, click on "download original image."  Print.

Here's a larger image with different boxes for labeling:

https://ibb.co/f42hpm

Gladiator.png

Edited by WWGriphos