Han

Developer Diary, Part 133 - Discussion

Will it be possible to control the three engines of the Tante-Ju also with a two throttle-lever system or will a throttle quadrant be mandatory ?

I mean e.g. it would be a possibility to add the two wing engines on one lever and the middle one on the other...?!

Sure, you would have to set engine 1 and 3 to the same axis.

Most of the 'web experts' were saying the cut down -1b would offer little to no real performance improvements other than visibility and a different weapons package. What should we expect from the 1b in terms of flight? Particularly in relation to the Yak we currently fly/face?

Most of the 'web experts' were saying the cut down -1b would offer little to no real performance improvements other than visibility and a different weapons package. What should we expect from the 1b in terms of flight? Particularly in relation to the Yak we currently fly/face?

Good question. I was also wondering about that.

Just a guess here:

It will be a little faster, concerning top speed but turntime and radius suffer a little for additional weight.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

I mean e.g. it would be a possibility to add the two wing engines on one lever and the middle one on the other...?!

That will certainly be possible. It's already possible to setup engines on different levers if you want to.

Just a guess here:

It will be a little faster, concerning top speed but turntime and radius suffer a little for additional weight.

The Yak-1b was not heavier than the Yak-1.

Biggest difference would be increased speed.

Edited by Matt

Privet Danil,

If time allowes,can you share with us 2 more pics of Yak-1b interior?

1. Rear view towards tail via armoured glass

2. View forward-down to see new "messer-like" control stick

Ju-52 cockpit looks great.Reminds me my visit of museum in Sinsheim years ago where I saw it live :) 

It may just be that the pictures of the game cockpit don't have environmental lighting yet.

It may just be that the pictures of the game cockpit don't have environmental lighting yet.

No, it is correct - RLM02.

Thanks guys! I guess the cockpit I saw were somehow repainted.

So the color on those cockpit look historical

3309072177_f1e945d2f8_z.jpg?zz=1

hamburg-germany-6th-apr-2016-the-cockpit

The Yak-1b was not heavier than the Yak-1.

Right, confused that. It would eventually even be a bit lighter it seems (can't find very good matching data though).

Edited by 216th_Jordan

Great looking planes. Waiting eagerly to fly them!

Will be curious how people who seem think that only "Toe brakes (Tip-toe brakes)" exist on planes deal with this feature (if "realistic"):

"The Ju-52 controls are somewhat unusual, for example, its wheel brakes are engaged by pulling back the engine control levers"

I guess the CH Quadrant actually has an ability to do this, pull the throttles back far enough (to before the first '0' % detent) and you can trigger a programming switch (if you use the CH profile setup). 

I guess the CH Quadrant actually has an ability to do this, pull the throttles back far enough (to before the first '0' % detent) and you can trigger a programming switch (if you use the CH profile setup).

Thrustmaster warthog throttle has a button in the idle position of each throttle lever as well

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Cool! I guess the buttons that trigger below zero on the saitek could work too somehow.

But I would like it (also with the reversed throttle on the Macchi really) if these things were programmed as a trait for the planes, as long as it does not interfere with the general way of setting up control.

If they kept the axis based traits, like reverse throttle, pull back stick to lock tail wheel (which is already done), and brake on low throttle that would be fine in my book.

And they could take button based controls which are traditionally an axis, like RPM stages for the Peshka 35 series, and set the stages to percentages on an axis (which they already did on the P-40 mixture).

That way you get continuity, and controls become a bit more intuitive. Not that it's a huge problem or something I often think about but it would feel and play a bit better I think!

(edit: bad english)

Edited by kissklas

Looking forward to release for these birds.  Should be a fun time trying to learn the ins and outs of that Ju52.  How's VR support coming along?  The planes look wonderful. 

Now if we could only land the Lufthansa version of the Tante Ju within the Moscow city limits.... ;)

Thanks guys! I guess the cockpit I saw were somehow repainted.

So the color on those cockpit look historical

In the Technik Museum Hugo Junkers they have a Ju-52/3m g4e and cockpit colours are different.

ju52-3mg4e_luftwaffe_1z+by_hugojunkersde

And a video of its interior + cockpit.

(Title speaks about Ju-53 3m but on the tail it says Ju-52/3m g4e ;) )

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Upvote 1

Nice pictures! Yea, some typos in the Ju-52 (which is allright given it's still WiP). I'll try my best pointing them out.

QF8Ae4Q.jpg

1) "Feuerlochhähne" schould be "Feuerlöschhähne"

2) "Von Hauptbehalten" should be "Von Hauptbehältern"

3) "Shmierstoff" should be "Schmierstoff"

4) "Shmierstoff-Kühler" should be "Schmierstoff-Kühler"

Other than that the cockpit looks great already.

I'm not into this, but I think this should be "von Hauptbehälter", not "von Hauptbehältern".

Also above "Druckminderventil" on the right side, there is something like "Aussenbord". Can't quite make it out, as it is partially blocked. If it is, it should read "Außenbord".

Edited by Feuerfalke

What are those 2 dials in the center of this picture? The ones with the blue wire running into them. 

Oxygen supply. Not sure what the dials actually indicate though. Pressure and flow rate maybe?

Gents,

I'm glad that Hans informed us that the Yak1B required almost a complete overhaul rather than a few 'tweeks' of the existing Yak model.  There were lots of comments if I remember from the community asking why the Yak1B was going to take so long as it was basically already nearly modeled with the current Yak.  However, it is re-assuring that the DD have not messed about with the Yak1B and have NOT gone for a quick fix, just to get another aircraft into the game.  

Therefore, I for one, firmly believe that both the Yak1B and the JU52 appear to exceptional good value for the cost of them and thank the team for their efforts!

Regards

Haza

I'm not into this, but I think this should be "von Hauptbehälter", not "von Hauptbehältern".

Junkers-Ju-52-3m-G4E-full.jpg

Hope it's visible enought.

What are those 2 dials in the center of this picture? The ones with the blue wire running into them.

That's the oxygen gear :)

TO THE JU52 EXPERTS,

Guys, I have an old 1970s Wings aircraft magazine that mentions that the JU52 had an engineers position and a radio operator position.  Do you know if these 2 positions were in the military version, or were they just in the civil version?  If they were in the military version, will these 2 positions be modeled?

In addition, I read that Capt Eric Brown said that the drill for starting the JU52 "was rather like playing a Wurlitzer organ", so watching the start up sequence is going to be an events on its own!

Regards

Haza

post-19-0-05213100-1475144537_thumb.jpg

The left one shows oxygen pressure and the right one altitude. The current planes also have those instruments, on the Yak-1 it's on the right side of the cockpit.