ZachariasX

HBO’s ”The Mighty Eighth”

I think I remember the trailer is a fake, made for another project, but the mihhty eight, procuced by T.Hanks and S Spielberg, on the same format as band of brother , is a real project , with no dates or other intels yet revealed.

I think what Asgar means, is that this belongs into the "free subject" forum. 

My bad.

I think I remember the trailer is a fake

From what I read it is NOT footage from the actual series, as you say. But so far the only thing "in moving pictures" that point in the direction of what it could be.

[Edit: Thank you for moving the Thread!]

Edited by ZachariasX

This series is dead. There is no news since 2015 and in 2015 it was just this little news. It was supposed to be a project like Band of Brothers, but with pilots, but there is nothing we know about.

There is just this image

MV5BMTY3MDU2OTAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTE3

Edited by Nic727

The last info I have seen about this project is from Donald Miller, the author of the book the screenplay will be based on.  In December of 2015, he said they were still working on the script, with plans to start shooting in late 2016.  According to a user at usmilitariaforum, who states he is an IMDB Pro user, it is listed as in pre-production.  I hope it does come to fruition as I read the book a couple months ago, and it's very, very good.

• Upvote 1

Peter Jackson is working also on a unrelated project but along the same theme and scope....Dam Busters remake. It may be on hold still though.

Edited by Foghorn

Jackson really needs to remake The Blue Max.  That's got all the sex, lust, greed and shoot em in the face action for todays audiences, with a whole bunch of really sweet aircraft thrown in for us.

Jackson really needs to remake The Blue Max. That's got all the sex, lust, greed and shoot em in the face action for todays audiences, with a whole bunch of really sweet aircraft thrown in for us.

Apparently he considers it to be one of the best WWI movies ever. That either means he wants to remake it, or he sees no need to.

The man can direct WWI aerial action really damn well, though, as I'm sure you know. Over the Front is easily my favourite WWI aircraft movie, with The Blue Max in at second, Von Richthofen and Brown at third, and The Red Baron at fourth. It would be lower, but I've only seen four WWI aircraft movies...

Anyway, here's Over the Front, for those who haven't seen it.

When I first saw this film, people were crying at the end. It's a shame you can only see this film in it's full glory at the Australian War Memorial.

Edited by Cybermat47

For the ones that enjoyed "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific", HBO's new series about the 8th airforce might be something:

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2015/08/29/hbos-the-mighty-eighth-an-update-its-getting-close-500-million-budget/

HBO set the bar rather high...

Z

Edit: Teaser

I do not know how they got to 500 million watching that teaser.

I´ve read the book which I found to be very good - bought it because of the news of the new TV show which I first heard of a couple of years back.

Regarding the quality I don´t think that we will see a cheap production - BoB and The Pacific were already made very well and I think that a new show will at least be on the same level of quality if not better.

Thinking back when The Pacific came out there weren´t much news either except a few anouncments and then some day the show was done and there was a release trailer.

I hope it will be the same with Masters of the Air - would really love to see it!

It's gonna happen eventually. It's not dead though, I've read it will start filming this year and could be released sometime in 2017-18

Edited by Legioneod

It's gonna happen eventually. It's not dead though, I've read it will start filming this year and could be released sometime in 2017-18

Could you send a link to the source?

I would love to see that serries completed.

Every time I see this thread back up on top I am hopeful for some actual recent evidence that something is coming.

:coffee:

Time to wait some more.

Every time I see this thread back up on top I am hopeful for some actual recent evidence that something is coming.

:coffee:

Time to wait some more.

1+

We can't wait to watch it!  We love, love, love the story behind these heroes who went time and time again into the breach of German defenses.  

It so happens that we recently created and manufactured some commemorative coins for the National Mighty 8th Air Museum in Georgia.   If you are interested in seeing it, you can check out our "coin of the month" article on it.   Custom Air Force Coins

We were so excited the museum contacted us about this gorgeous coin!