=FEW=ayamoth89

Mid 1944 italian theatre?

For me MTO would be a much better option than PTO, considering that:

- the needed plane set is almost existing

- more attractive landscapes and scenarios

-  participating nations represent a large part of our community

- very good literature as a base for SP- campaigns

I'm not going to buy the planned PTO module anyway - I'm not interested in that.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

A pacific theatre would be an overall feailure for this game. This game is actually most played on multiplayer... How can they make this game interesting if you need to take off from a carrier, climb at 3-5 km, look for enemy carriers which requires many planes to attack them successfully against that amount of AAA. Maybe 2 hours of flight? And if you don't find anything? Naaaa it will be boring and I think that they will never do that theatre. Maybe something like Guadalcanal with carriers looking for each others but mainly supporting ground troops over a quite big island

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Grancesc said:

I'm not going to buy the planned PTO module anyway - I'm not interested in that.

Doing Italy mid-late 1944-early-mid 1945 period is easy option after BoBp, as it can use almost all airplanes in BoBp and complement them also as airplanes that you can make for this Italy DLC you can use also in BoBp so players will be more inclined to buy both.

Also you dont have to improve and optimise game to handle big amount of ships and 100s of aaa guns at one place, that it cant handle now, also you dont have to incress draw distance at witch you see ships, now only 10km, and reaserch for campaign and airplanes is easyer then any PTO.

And you can also avoid using big bombers as medium bombers did good number of operations in area, so it would work good with game as its now it plays to its strenghts.

And you can have long SP campaign.

i made sugestion few days ago, and doing late Italy is easyer option as you avoid naval operations:

But going PTO expands game players base, im sure there is some players who dont have this game, and would start to play when we get some carrier vs carrier ops like Midway, if we go in PTO and it dosent have carrier vs carriers and usa naval fighters then its pointles as first step in PTO and would probably be hard sell, then its better to just stick with war over europe as its mutch easyer to do it, and late Italy war is good combo after BoBp.

23 minutes ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

A pacific theatre would be an overall feailure for this game. This game is actually most played on multiplayer... How can they make this game interesting if you need to take off from a carrier, climb at 3-5 km, look for enemy carriers which requires many planes to attack them successfully against that amount of AAA. Maybe 2 hours of flight? And if you don't find anything? Naaaa it will be boring and I think that they will never do that theatre. Maybe something like Guadalcanal with carriers looking for each others but mainly supporting ground troops over a quite big island

MP players maybe spend more time playing game, but dev dont get money from amount of time you play the game but from how mutch numbers of game they sold, and there is more players who just buy game and play it in SP few time a month or year, and still pay same for it as most MP guys who buy and play it almost every day or week in MP.

Zero vs Wildcats server was more popular then Spit vs 109s in Il-2 1946 at some point, and doing first PTO DLC without Zero and Wildcat would be just wrong, and if it cant be done then better just stick with what game does good now and do DLC in europe war insted.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1

I would love an Italian theatre of war! Battle for Sicily would be awesome or even the Gustavline. But as someone else putted it in another thread, i would love any theatre and any plane from the WW2 era put into this game ^^..

Must admit though, earlier war theatre in Italy would be more appealing to me personally (like Sicily).

Another idea for example could be after the develop of Bodenplatte...to develop the East part of Germany with Berlin and in the same map add part of North Italy, related to the final months of war 

The planeset could have MC205,Fiat G55,Me 109 G10, P51 B, Mosquito and same other russian planes,etc...

3 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Another idea for example could be after the develop of Bodenplatte...to develop the East part of Germany with Berlin and in the same map add part of North Italy, related to the final months of war 

The planeset could have MC205,Fiat G55,Me 109 G10, P51 B, Mosquito and same other russian planes,etc...

imposible on 1 map, Berlin to Milano is 900km

How much can be big a map in this sim?

For example how much big is Bodenplatte?

If we consider only the North East of Italy Berlin-Udine  his around 700 km...is this distance too big?

A map like this will have also Balaton lake in Hungary.

20190509_152159.jpg

Edited by ITAF_Rani

BoBp is :

"The reachable zone of the map is 129859 square kilometers (400.8 x 324 km) while the entire map is 176947 square km (460.8 x 384 km)."

and what you sugesst is ~700x400km and populated with many citys, that area could be split in 3-4 smaller maps with each depicting battles there late in war, its unneccesary to go for that big area.

only thing problematic would be finding airplanes to fill in 5v5 when you split that area in smaller battles

Edited by 77.CountZero

I think that a pure center-northern italian map would be perfect. Nothing interesting in southern germany happened in ww2 except big bomber raids that we can't have in this sim

I belive  that if they do something like midway , the map will be ready in a week (one tiny island on a huge sea ) . Also we have many planes of the italian planeset already done in bobp so , I think its doable

The map for scenario 1943 coud be only North coast of Tunisia, South Italy  to Roma with Sicily and Sardinia  and Malta.

It could be an add on to integrate with the planes we already have in the Sim...

Lot of fun for sure....

Edited by ITAF_Rani

12 hours ago, INVADER_WARHAWK said:

I belive  that if they do something like midway , the map will be ready in a week (one tiny island on a huge sea ) . Also we have many planes of the italian planeset already done in bobp so , I think its doable

In my opinion the most suitable scenario for a pacific war will be guadalcanal: Sea and inland battles with ground troops support missions; many planes that we already have and less boring long range implement technologies to do and flights.

About an italian map... Well, they will have more sources about planes for sure and this scenario will absolutely lure many americans/players to the game, even more than a pacific map with Japanese planes.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:17 PM, INVADER_WARHAWK said:

Also we have many planes of the italian planeset already done in bobp so , I think its doable

...which is a huge reason why it's not going to happen.

As a whole the community has had enough "109 vs" and the devs need revenue to keep afloat.

Time for something else.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think  they think long and hard announcing new theatre. 

They know expectation is set on PTO and if they cannot deliver that , it would be something benefiting the idea getting there and their funding. 

No matter what anyone like, PTO will bring new players in. And I firmly believe they do it if possible. Maybe 🇮🇹 is the new inbetween pack. Who knows

On 5/28/2019 at 11:59 PM, Gambit21 said:

...which is a huge reason why it's not going to happen.

As a whole the community has had enough "109 vs" and the devs need revenue to keep afloat.

Time for something else.

If they cant do PTO or think it would fail ( and also same for Korea) then best option to avoid another 2x109 2x190 + random bomber is Italy, as you can have italian fighters + atleast 1 axis bomber and fighter, so you please most, and Italy map would be best looking map in any flying game :)

The "keyword" is to considere that Italy is not properly MTO but ITALY.

An example could be the battle of Rimini where Allied did fight an important tank battle in the WTO, Gothic Line assault.

Panthers near Ravenna.

Bild-101I-478-2164-39.jpg

On 5/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, 77.CountZero said:

If they cant do PTO or think it would fail ( and also same for Korea) then best option to avoid another 2x109 2x190 + random bomber is Italy, as you can have italian fighters + atleast 1 axis bomber and fighter, so you please most, and Italy map would be best looking map in any flying game :)

I agree CountZero....

-Italian planes( like Mc205,G55,Reggiane 2002 or 2005) great add for this planeset.

-Maybe Bf 109 G10

-Spit MkVIII

-BEAUFIGHTER

And all Allies planes we already have like P51,P38,P40,P47

B25 and Boston

Spit Mkv/9....

Edited by ITAF_Rani

On 1/3/2019 at 1:23 PM, 77.CountZero said:
On 1/3/2019 at 12:42 PM, Grancesc said:

Doing Italy mid-late 1944-early-mid 1945 period is easy option after BoBp, as it can use almost all airplanes in BoBp and complement them also as airplanes that you can make for this Italy DLC you can use also in BoBp so players will be more inclined to buy both.

I agree....

Just watched new catch 22 and must say flying B 25 missions over Italy would be nice. 

But they never ran into enemy fighters so lw people stay away

On 8/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, ITAF_Rani said:

I suggest also

BATTLE OF SALERNO-OPERATION AVALANCHE

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Italy

Maybe a later (and northern) battle like Operation Shingle (Anzio Landings) so they won't cover the same kind of planes and battles that we'll have in new Cliffs of Dover TF development

• Upvote 1